Star Trek TNG, DS9, Farscape all worse than The Mandalorian? You sir are too, A LUNATIC.
I mean - I love the Mandalorian and I can't wait to see where they go from the end of the first season, I would definitely say that first season Mandalorian is better than first season TNG (the only one I've recently re-watched), but against the full series'? Not too sure on that one. I suspect recency bias.

Look, take away my Nerd Credits, but Firefly was NOT a good series. It had a great cast, and the time I was a huge fan of Whedon's, but even at the time it was airing live, it was terrible and I stopped watching after being disappointed by the episodes I saw. In the future, the Earth is destroyed, and of the two majority cultures that survived, everyone decides their going to go literal old-timey American Western?? He stole the original Star Trek's "wagon train to the stars" theme by making it both more literal and somehow making it LESS progressive towards women and minorities than a show made in the 60's! It aired at a time I had taken a class on the history of the American Western and it was more white guy bullshit in so many ways.

But funny enough, I thought Serenity was a very good movie. I think it worked better when Whedon had time restrictions and story limits.

GasBandit

Staff member
Look, take away my Nerd Credits, but Firefly was NOT a good series. It had a great cast, and the time I was a huge fan of Whedon's, but even at the time it was airing live, it was terrible and I stopped watching after being disappointed by the episodes I saw. In the future, the Earth is destroyed, and of the two majority cultures that survived, everyone decides their going to go literal old-timey American Western?? He stole the original Star Trek's "wagon train to the stars" theme by making it both more literal and somehow making it LESS progressive towards women and minorities than a show made in the 60's! It aired at a time I had taken a class on the history of the American Western and it was more white guy bullshit in so many ways.

But funny enough, I thought Serenity was a very good movie. I think it worked better when Whedon had time restrictions and story limits.
it's live airing was not helped by the fact that it was aired out of order and with misleading promotional advertising. The network wanted a fast-paced action comedy, not a contemplative space opera. So it was quite the confusing and frustrating ordeal for people trying to watch it.

This morning I helped a Summer Tanager hunt. He would sit in the tree above me while I was mowing and swoop down on the grasshoppers that I scared up.

Did Harpo Marx name himself after Harpocrates the greek deity of secrets and silence, or was it a brilliant coincidence? OR...was Harpo the GOD himself?!

My wife is having a Zoom chat with some of her hot female friends from grad school.

One of the hot female friends is chatting from a beach. She is dressed accordingly.

My wife called me over to see how hot her friend is in her bikini.

I have a cool wife.

"What does that tattoo symbolize?"

"Well it all started with this video game webcomic called PvP..."
The explanation part's gonna be like the Star Wars crawl, snaking all the way down his arms and back like some kind of Yakuza sleeve. Maybe even criss-crossing back and forth under the hooties.

--Patrick

Just been stuck at home with a lot of time for self-reflection.
Don't confuse depressive negative swirling maelstroms of thought with proper self-reflection. You're not perfect, but you have worth and matter to people, and I'm sure you've made positive contributions to lives you're not even aware of. Take care of yourself man.