As I mentioned earlier in three peture thread, we've got a doggie visiting for a few weeks to recuperate after surgery - he's from the shelter and is already adopted but the new owners can't care for him during recovery.
Since I'm working from home, I'm in his company almost 24/7 right now... And damn, I'm going to miss him. He really fits me well. Awesome good boy. I was well aware it was just a short term thing, and 3 weeks isn't that long, but still. I want to keep him!

As I mentioned earlier in three peture thread, we've got a doggie visiting for a few weeks to recuperate after surgery - he's from the shelter and is already adopted but the new owners can't care for him during recovery.
Since I'm working from home, I'm in his company almost 24/7 right now... And damn, I'm going to miss him. He really fits me well. Awesome good boy. I was well aware it was just a short term thing, and 3 weeks isn't that long, but still. I want to keep him!
I saw you post about this earlier and I'm confused about something; why is his adoptive family unable to care for him? And why is he not at the shelter? Is it some kind of surgery that requires him to be away from other animals? I've never heard of this situation before. I know people foster animals, but I didn't realize this kind of arrangement exists.

I saw you post about this earlier and I'm confused about something; why is his adoptive family unable to care for him? And why is he not at the shelter? Is it some kind of surgery that requires him to be away from other animals? I've never heard of this situation before. I know people foster animals, but I didn't realize this kind of arrangement exists.
He needs 2 weeks of bench rest - he had surgery on his... Errr knee ligaments? I'm not sure of the exact words in English, honestly, but the things that keep your knees together. Anyway, very limited walking (3x5min/day) and absolutely no jumping.
The shelter can't give care that intensive. It should be the new family 's job, honestly. They're a somewhat older couple, with the man being away from home for work a lot. The lady is kind and all, but can't manage to get him in a bench - she tried a few times and he bit her in her nose for her troubles.
Now, honestly, how you can try to put a small dog in a bench and have him bite your nose, I don't understand - you're not supposed to push him in backwards, after all.
Carrying a 30-pound dog to a garden 3 times a day, carrying him from bedroom to living room to wherever, keeping him from jumping,... I can see how it can be too taxing for a small, older lady.
I have to admit that I don't quite understand why the shelter would give him to a family who can't properly care for him when he's sick, though. I mean, what're they going to do next time he needs help?
When he's healthy, I'm sure he'll have a great time there, though, they seem very kind and loving and all that.

I have to admit that I don't quite understand why the shelter would give him to a family who can't properly care for him when he's sick, though. I mean, what're they going to do next time he needs help?
I think this is what struck me from your original post. When we had to fill out forms for qualifying for pet adoption, most, if not all, asked if we would be able to care for a pet if a similar situation arose. I just thought it was odd they'd finalize an adoption when the adopters couldn't care for the dog.

I gassed myself cooking tonight. I was prepping to cook a steak in a cast iron pan. My method is basically get the pan ripping hot. Then cook the steak at 1 minute intervals, flipping 4 times. I decided to grill some onions in the pan while it was heating. Then at the last minute I tossed in some jalapenos with the onions. I basically created mustard gas. I was choking and coughing and my eyes were watering too. Even after cooking the jalapenos, they were incredibly hot. I just wished there was a way to test Scoville units before buying.

you know, you can de-heat almost all peppers by carefully cutting out the ribs. That's where the glands are that make the capsaicin oil, and if you cut that out cleanly, almost all the heat goes with it.

If I had the monies to just disappear from work for a couple of weeks (or for good if I had lots of monies), I'd just get in the car and catch US 50 heading west out of Clarksburg, and keep going until I hit Sacramento. And then come back on US 40.

We have a new colleague joining us next week. Her first name's Lorena.

90's kids will know why I internally wince every time I see or hear her name.

GasBandit

Staff member
So apparently Nathan Barnatt, skinny dancer and nerd physical humorist extraordinaire, spent his COVID time not shaving and working out and holy bajeezus

The night Lorena did the deed to her husband, she took the severed member for a ride in the car to throw it out. When she did toss it out of the window of the moving car, the car behind her was driven by two Aggies. It splatted against their window. The first cried out, "Did you see that bug you just hit?" The other, "NO! BUT DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THE DICK ON THAT THING?"

The night Lorena did the deed to her husband, she took the severed member for a ride in the car to throw it out. When she did toss it out of the window of the moving car, the car behind her was driven by two Aggies. It splatted against their window. The first cried out, "Did you see that bug you just hit?" The other, "NO! BUT DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THE DICK ON THAT THING?"
I heard that afterwards they were both charged with crimes, she was charged for littering, and he for indecent exposure.