When places like the Humane Society went over the costs of owning a dog, somehow I missed the section about how many scented candles I would need to deal with the uncontrollable dog farts while I'm trying to work. Also, I've always been a cat person, so can anyone tell me if it's supposed to smell like hot garbage or if my boy is special? We're talking dumpsters in August type odors here.
What kind of food does he eat and do you feed him table scraps or anything else?

When places like the Humane Society went over the costs of owning a dog, somehow I missed the section about how many scented candles I would need to deal with the uncontrollable dog farts while I'm trying to work. Also, I've always been a cat person, so can anyone tell me if it's supposed to smell like hot garbage or if my boy is special? We're talking dumpsters in August type odors here.
Mostly it’s going to depend on what you are feeding. Some things, with some dogs, are just learned that you don’t feed them that anymore. We had a pug that it was verboten to feed him a hotdog, the results were not pretty on multiple levels.

Some types of dogs will always fart, no matter what - but if it's really that bad, I'd look at food and mobility, too. A lot of dogs actually have trouble digesting grain, but a lot of dog food is like 60% wheat. Other dogs really can't handle a lot of meat and need to be on dry food that's mostly grain. Try (gently) switching over to something else and see if it helps. And make sure they get enough exercise - like with humans, it helps digestion.

My mother refused to believe that my old Sid (a cat) farted and used to blame me. I’d own it had it been me. That cat was lovely in many ways and I loved her dearly, but she had her stinky moments. She used to sneak Doritos.

GasBandit

Staff member
In my experience, baseline dog farts are tantamount to biological warfare.

I have never had a dog that didn't produce noxious farts, all breeds and any size. So far, Pepper farts the least, but that might be because she's young.

We've had 7 dogs over the past year (foster), and I think only one of them regularly had stinky farts. Two others had them occasionally, after treats. One other farted a lot but they didn't stink,luckily.

What the source text said: These cases were shared by physicians from mid-sized and large hospitals.

What the translator wrote: These cases were shared by mid-sized and large hospital physicians.

How the reviewer (ie me) reacted: So... petite physicians didn't contribute then?

:notes: You're a jive soul bro, a jive soul bro, and you're always lying to your friends.
You're a jive soul bro, a jive soul bro, and you'll never get noyhin' in the end. :notes:

I am now in Erie, PA and restored my internet connection. Let the 4th (and final) year of Dental school begin!

I am particularly proud of a case I finished just before the end of the 3rd year.

Click here for tooth gore:

Before:
X108661_2.JPG

After:

X108661.JPG

It's been a long road, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Last edited:
Looks good and expensive.
Guy actually didn't pay anything for them. The school takes Medicare. Out of pocket expense would probably be around $2500 or more depending on quality of materials used + lab fees

-+
Willkommen in Amerika.
One of the interesting things I've run to in school is the # of Canadian patient's I've gotten. I finally got curious to ask and I was told dental care is even more expensive in Canada and isn't covered by their universal health care. Blew my mind.

That being said, I'm strongly considering a Fee For Service practice one day when I open my own, instead of dealing with insurance companies.

Guy actually didn't pay anything for them. The school takes Medicare. Out of pocket expense would probably be around $2500 or more depending on quality of materials used + lab fees
From my understanding, that's not uncommon. There's a major dental school here in my city, as well. While getting on the wait list can be annoying (several months wait time sometimes), it also means you can get major procedures for at a much lower cost. And they tell you procedures may take longer than going to the average dentist, which makes sense since these are dentists in training.

I finally got curious to ask and I was told dental care is even more expensive in Canada and isn't covered by their universal health care. Blew my mind.
It's a similar situation in the UK. While dental care is technically offered on the NHS because NHS dentists work longer hours for less pay than ones in private practice any dentist who does work for the NHS is only there until they can join the private sector.

As such NHS dentists have long wait times by NHS standards, anyone who can afford it goes private & anyone who can't contributes to the British teeth stereotype.

My work provided insurance covers some dental work, but only at the “reasonable” rate. So when I went to a dentist once for some diagnostic work, I was out of pocket $500 for the half hour visit. My insurance paid the other $500. I exploded at my regular dentist. They didn’t warn me.

In the mean time, I'm having a wisdom tooth pulled next week, and between two visits, x-rays, the procedure itself, etc, I'll be out of pocket... Somewhere between 5 and 20 euro, I can't say for sure yet. I don't qualify for our social plan, or it'd be zero.
(just from our healthcare I'd be out about €150, but one of the benefits of working for a big American company is they think dental is a necessary benefit to keep people, so I now have a dental plan on top of Healthcare. Kinda useless most years but hey.)

If you're an AARP member, they offer Delta Dental insurance for a reasonable amount a month. Of course, there are caveats - usually you're talking about discount dentists (I'm pretty sure @Dei is familiar with Comfort Dental) that bill insurance, but you still pay a big chunk of the procedure.

If you're an AARP member, they offer Delta Dental insurance for a reasonable amount a month. Of course, there are caveats - usually you're talking about discount dentists (I'm pretty sure @Dei is familiar with Comfort Dental) that bill insurance, but you still pay a big chunk of the procedure.
Uhhhh, I don't know why you're tagging me, my husband has ridiculously good insurance and I'm not old enough for AARP. :p

If you're an AARP member, they offer Delta Dental insurance for a reasonable amount a month. Of course, there are cavities - usually you're talking about discount dentists (I'm pretty sure @Dei is familiar with Comfort Dental) that bill insurance, but you still pay a big chunk of the procedure.
:awesome:

Dave

Staff member
Zach was up at 3:30 am last night. I could see his light on and the light in the bathroom, which is what woke me up. This morning my wife asked me if I had gotten sick in the tub. Apparently Zach had gotten up to use the bathroom and threw up in the only place he could reach since he was already on the toilet.

Why am I saying any of this? Zach, my son, does not leave the house and has seen nobody. He went out once Saturday to go through the Burger King drivethru while I got ready for my wedding gig, but that's the first time he's been outside in a month. And yet HE'S the one that got sick?!? JFC HOW?!?