At work I feel like I have a crush on... a transgender boy. :confused: I don't know how to reconcile this in my brain. Whether it turns out I'm bi or if I'm just still subconsciously misgendering him. I don't know if he'd even be remotely interested (he's pansexual and already mentioned a boyfriend for what it's worth). All I know is I feel nervous and giddy in a way I haven't since high school when he talks to me. Definitely not planning to make any move, but if we were both single, I very well might and I'm not sure what labels to apply to myself anymore.
Huh, kinda sounds like a genital preference working with a type you didn't know you liked (not saying this is a bad thing)

I live/work in an area that's blooming with trans people (by which I mean it's more and more common to see people "out" these days) and I see all types. There are those who hard reject their initial sex and swing as far as possible, sure, but also plenty who look like their goal was just to move to the other side of middle, and that that was enough for them.

--Patrick

Client: "We'd like you to use more conjunctions in this translation."

Us: "Uhh... what? Conjunctions are basically grammatical devices that link one thing to another in a sentence. We use them when they're needed, and we can't use them when they're not."

Client: "We understand. Nonetheless, add more conjunctions."

Us: "Run-on sentences it is!"

Update to this: There was a clerical error in one of the documents so we had to go back down there today to get it re-notarized. She's still there!
Update update: I had to go to the notary public's office again today, and the hot notary is still here, and what's more I overheard her say that she's recently just come back from maternity leave, so I'm happy for her.

Dave

Staff member
Finally got my marching orders at work. On December 6 I switch from 12.5 hour days Mon-Fri to shift work. By the way, I only have to work 8 hours a day, but I stay the additional 4.5 hours because (1) I'm already there so why not? and (2) it not only helps me learn faster but is more money.

There are four different shifts, A through D. The problem is, I am going to be going to D shift. The BIGGEST problem is that I don't WANT to go on D shift. Of the four, it's the LAST one I'd choose.

Right now there are 4 guys on that shift.
  1. Massive Trump supporter blowhard who everyone makes fun of on the other shifts because for all his bluster he's a terrible tech.
  2. A guy that doesn't give two fucks about anything. I watched him tonight ignore an issue that takes about 5 minutes to fix. For over an hour. And when shit went south because of it all he did was bitch and moan. Had the error showed up on his phone he'd have seen it right away.
  3. A really old guy who looks and talks like the old cop from Hot Fuzz. (picture below) And when he does talk it's so quiet you can't hear a damned thing he says. Out on the floor with ear protection on all I can do is watch his mouth move.
  4. A guy who has been gone for a month and a half. First his wife was in the hospital and now he is. If he comes back it'll be a miracle.
It's just a shit crew and I don't know if I'm supposed to help them out or if I'm being punished.

Has anyone else missed out on this article?

Curtis Sliwa tried to bring his cat to vote. It got weirder from there.
The cat, Gizmo, was denied entrance to the polling site, and Mr. Sliwa fought with election officials over several matters, daring them to arrest him.

It's just a shit crew and I don't know if I'm supposed to help them out or if I'm being punished.
If my movie watching is any indication, you're now expected to comically whip them into a crack team of technicians through a grueling, pratfall-filled two-week training montage where you also somehow end up last-minute DJing the boss' wedding.

--Patrick

Client: "We'd like you to use more conjunctions in this translation."

Us: "Uhh... what? Conjunctions are basically grammatical devices that link one thing to another in a sentence. We use them when they're needed, and we can't use them when they're not."

Client: "We understand. Nonetheless, add more conjunctions."

Us: "Run-on sentences it is!"

Why do some people take another's choice not to consume their favorite piece of media because of how it's distributed as a personal attack?

I'm not a fan of binging. Hosing me down with an entire series all at once is a sure way to make me lose interest. That's just how I AM. Telling me "other ways" to consume it isn't going to change my mind.

And by the way, yes. This IS a Jojo reference.

Why do some people take another's choice not to consume their favorite piece of media because of how it's distributed as a personal attack?

I'm not a fan of binging. Hosing me down with an entire series all at once is a sure way to make me lose interest. That's just how I AM. Telling me "other ways" to consume it isn't going to change my mind.

And by the way, yes. This IS a Jojo reference.
Phew, I thought this was about using Bing.

If my movie watching is any indication, you're now expected to comically whip them into a crack team of technicians through a grueling, pratfall-filled two-week training montage where you also somehow end up last-minute DJing the boss' wedding.

--Patrick

And one of them will finally get over his blonde ex-girlfriend and hook up with the shy brunette with glasses and a ponytail.

Last edited:
I don't know what this guy looks like, and admittedly I don't know a lot of trans men, but the few I do know transition pretty hard into masculinity rather than androgyny.
So, yeah, I thought he was an androgynous, but cute, girl for a long time before he started talking to me and I was corrected lol. Me crushing really went into full swing after we started talking and I'd started mentally correcting myself on pronouns, though.

This will probably sound weird, but if I ever went back to Disney World (it's been almost 30 years), I'd love to see if a Disney character would join me in for a little morning yoga. I tend to do a little bit of yoga in the morning to stretch things out and wake up. And I always thought it'd be hilarious to have pictures of a character from the park joining me, assuming I was staying at one of the resort hotels. Not even for a full session. More like just for some funny pictures.

Couple of problems with this, of course:

1) Whether the parks would indulge me in such an odd request (or if it's even possible). They've been known to answer or indulge in some requests from visitors.

2) Whether any of the character actors would be available.

3) Whether any said actors would be allowed to within the range of their character (they're only supposed to do things that the character would do in their movies/shows).

I'd also, of course, ask for a non-fursuit character because those things are hot as hell and the actor only tends to work in them for 15-30 minutes and then takes a break to avoid overheating. So no Stitch or Goofy. But maybe one of my favourites like Aladdin, Hercules, or Tarzan. Gaston would be hilarious, too.

This will probably sound weird, but if I ever went back to Disney World (it's been almost 30 years), I'd love to see if a Disney character would join me in for a little morning yoga. I tend to do a little bit of yoga in the morning to stretch things out and wake up. And I always thought it'd be hilarious to have pictures of a character from the park joining me, assuming I was staying at one of the resort hotels. Not even for a full session. More like just for some funny pictures.

Couple of problems with this, of course:

1) Whether the parks would indulge me in such an odd request (or if it's even possible). They've been known to answer or indulge in some requests from visitors.

2) Whether any of the character actors would be available.

3) Whether any said actors would be allowed to within the range of their character (they're only supposed to do things that the character would do in their movies/shows).

I'd also, of course, ask for a non-fursuit character because those things are hot as hell and the actor only tends to work in them for 15-30 minutes and then takes a break to avoid overheating. So no Stitch or Goofy. But maybe one of my favourites like Aladdin, Hercules, or Tarzan. Gaston would be hilarious, too.
Funny you should mention it, that is something they have! (Sort of.)

Since I'm still hoping to do my bucket-list "run a Disney race in person", I follow the runDisney feeds. Before certain races or race weekends, they do have a morning yoga option, with characters involved, if I understand correctly. It's not free, but it does exist.

Gaston is known to do push-ups or otherwise shame people. Don't know if yoga is on the list of things he'd do. Others may be willing to take part, maybe not a full session, but a pose or two at least. You could probably just ask them when getting a picture and they'd do a pose with you.

fade

Staff member
I never said a word about being divorced on Facebook (other than removing my ex as my wife, which it explicitly tells you does not announce). I've been posting things with my new girlfriend in them, and she has, too. I am waiting to see if this makes anyone go, "GASP! Does your wife know about her?!" Hilarity ensues.

So far nothing, though.

Funny you should mention it, that is something they have! (Sort of.)

Since I'm still hoping to do my bucket-list "run a Disney race in person", I follow the runDisney feeds. Before certain races or race weekends, they do have a morning yoga option, with characters involved, if I understand correctly. It's not free, but it does exist.
Oh yeah, I think I recall seeing yoga classes being offered. This is more of a specific one-on-one kind of thing, just for the hilarity of it. If I ever went back to Disney World, I would definitely at least take up a yoga class.

I never said a word about being divorced on Facebook (other than removing my ex as my wife, which it explicitly tells you does not announce). I've been posting things with my new girlfriend in them, and she has, too. I am waiting to see if this makes anyone go, "GASP! Does your wife know about her?!" Hilarity ensues.

So far nothing, though.
If your FB friends are anything like mine, no one will ever say anyone, but instead will madly gossip behind your back. My wife posted pictures of doing things with the new girlfriend for over a year and nobody said diddly.

I can imagine that not every character would work, but Mulan should definitely be willing to do some light yoga pose (if you manage to not come off as a creep who just wants her in a sexy pose or w/e), while Hercules and Gaston are both perfectly within character for some strength and toning exercise stuff.

So far nothing, though.
It’s not like you’re spamming the hell outa Facebook with it. Those that know you just accept it, and you don’t seem to have many friends that you just added for the hell of it.