My top streamers were 3 friends I would turn on in the background to give them views, and Hafu. Very un-exciting.

figmentPez

Staff member
Can you get this info on mobile?
Yes! I just checked on Android. I hit the little person icon in the upper left (might be your avatar / profile pic if you've configured one, I dunno), which brought up my Account settings, and just above "My Channel" was "Twitch Recap".

My best friend's girlfriend works for Ikea. She got more from her Christmas bonus than I did for working the last entire month.

Holy fucking shit.

So I was digging through my old backed-up files, and found some old photos of a hot female friend of mine. They were pictures she'd sent me of her at her job at the time, which included a company uniform. According to the file data, these were taken over two decades ago. So I sent them to her, basically to say, "Ha ha, look at these pictures from so long ago, aren't they cool?"

And she messaged back to say that she actually has very bad memories of that job and that uniform cause she was sexually harassed a lot. She didn't even keep any copies of the photos I have in my backups, because she didn't want to lay eyes on anything associated with that place ever again.

Whoops.

My best friend's girlfriend works for Ikea. She got more from her Christmas bonus than I did for working the last entire month.

Holy fucking shit.
Apparently, as far as big corps go, they're good to work for. I prefer small businesses but there are some real nice perks to corporate gigs.

Apparently, as far as big corps go, they're good to work for. I prefer small businesses but there are some real nice perks to corporate gigs.
While this is by no mean 100% true; most companies with European origins that still have European values/management styles tend to be good employers to work for in America, while many American companies that keep their American mentality tend to be crappier employers in Europe.
Clear recent example is Twitter, of course - most all European people who were incorrectly fired will see pretty good payouts, while the Americans that got terminated get Jack all.
There's plenty of European American-style companies (Virgin Air, for example) and the opposite is obviously around as well. Starting out from "these employees are people and should make a living wand deserve to be at least somewhat respected" vs "these employees are a resource to be used and discarded as appropriate" makes a big difference there.

And she messaged back to say that she actually has very bad memories of that job and that uniform cause she was sexually harassed a lot. She didn't even keep any copies of the photos I have in my backups, because she didn't want to lay eyes on anything associated with that place ever again.
You did write back to tell her you're deleting them in solidarity, right ?

Dave

Staff member
I have a quandary. Do I come in to work tomorrow or stay home? It would be extra hours to study for my tests. The biggest difference:

Stay home paycheck: ~$2180.06
Go to work paycheck: ~$2387.19

I like money…

I have a quandary. Do I come in to work tomorrow or stay home? It would be extra hours to study for my tests. The biggest difference:

Stay home paycheck: ~$2180.06
Go to work paycheck: ~$2387.19

I like money…
When are your tests and will passing them equate to more money down the road?

I nearly killed a kid tonight. She was slowly walking across the road in my neighborhood. She looked to be 12 and wearing all grey, after sundown. Her clothes matched the road. I barely saw her blue shoes. Braked and swerved to miss her by a couple of feet. Luckily she stepped off the road about the same time.
I am 34, I finally got my driver's license this year, and I ... hate it. All I do is imagine hitting and killing pedestrians. This makes me a worse driver, because I'm too slow, too cautious, causing other problems. Just to make things worse, because I worry about killing a person, I get distracted with thoughts about what that would be like, and lose focus. Basically I don't know who passed me on my test but I definitely don't feel like I should be driving.

Dave

Staff member
When are your tests and will passing them equate to more money down the road?
I've taken 4 of the 6. passed 2 but got in the high 70% for the other two. 83% is passing. Can't retake them for a month.

And the fact I'm answering at 8 am means I slept in. :)

I really should.

But... well... she looks really good in that uniform.

Yeah ok I will.
I mean... i didn't say to actually delete them... just to tell her you did... then put them in a password protected zip with a reminder of why no one ca see them, on a thumb-drive that you have buried with you when you die...

Simple, really...

I mean... i didn't say to actually delete them... just to tell her you did... then put them in a password protected zip with a reminder of why no one ca see them, on a thumb-drive that you have buried with you when you die...

Simple, really...
It’ll be an entirely new storage medium by the time he dies, it’ll be protected just like a 3.5” floppy is today. Nobody has the drive to read it now.

Simple, really...
I wish you'd pointed this out to me before I'd deleted them.

I'm not sure jokes about sexualizing the woman that was so sexually harassed she doesn't want to ever revisit that time is in the best taste
He deleted the pics, so it's fine now to make him regret not being enough of a filthy degenerate to keep them...

I'm REALLY hoping I can afford a driving license next year, because while I was able to opt for health insurance ten dollars less than my current premium(that was STILL 24 dollars more than it was last year) I know that my hellstate will raise the premium each year because they believe the lies the insurance lies tell and I fear I won't montetarily survive without having to continue to occasionally mooch off my parents and FUCK insurance!

figmentPez

Staff member
Saw a post on Reddit asking, "Who is television's most frightening antagonist?" The obvious answer is: Cable/media companies.

But that's now what I want to talk about. I saw a Twitter discussion on freezing bread, and there are so many people that can't fathom why someone would freeze bread. Personally I freeze a loaf after 4 or 5 days, because in my experience it's far too common for bread to go moldy at about the 7 day mark and beyond. Houston is a hot, humid, mold factory. Other people online said bread takes 2 weeks to a month to go moldy.

How long does it take for bread to go moldy where you live?

Saw a post on Reddit asking, "Who is television's most frightening antagonist?" The obvious answer is: Cable/media companies.

But that's now what I want to talk about. I saw a Twitter discussion on freezing bread, and there are so many people that can't fathom why someone would freeze bread. Personally I freeze a loaf after 4 or 5 days, because in my experience it's far too common for bread to go moldy at about the 7 day mark and beyond. Houston is a hot, humid, mold factory. Other people online said bread takes 2 weeks to a month to go moldy.

How long does it take for bread to go moldy where you live?
Yeah, I was always surprised in VA when bread didn't go moldy within days. I never quite got used to the idea of it lasting longer.

figmentPez

Staff member
Yeah, I was always surprised in VA when bread didn't go moldy within days. I never quite got used to the idea of it lasting longer.
Some things go moldy even faster than sandwich bread. Buy in-store, made fresh tortillas and they'll be covered in mold after two days. Bake homemade banana or zucchini bread and leave it at room temperature? It'll have a foul taste after 3 days or so (something that did not happen growing up in Ohio).

Also, since I've moved out on my own, stuff lasts longer, even in the fridge. I'm pretty sure it's the cats at my parents' place, dragging in all the mold spores they've been rolling around in. I can keep partially used bricks of cream cheese in my fridge for weeks without it growing pink or green spots, but it sure doesn't last that long at my parents' house.

We always buy our sandwich bread ahead of time and put it in the freezer, because I get the 2-packs from Costco. We're only a household of 3, and if we didn't, we'd never get through the bread fast enough before it would spoil.

Now, of course, not all bread will freeze well and still taste good afterward. And the fresher baked breads, while delicious, are a waste of money in our house because we don't go through them quick enough before they spoil. But I will say, the worst thing you can do is put bread in the fridge. The insta-cold of the freezer preserves it well, but the fridge slowly breaks down the bread and makes it taste like ass after a day.