GasBandit

Staff member
While I prefer to be spam-free, sometimes those post are unforgettably entertaining. (The sexually incompatible "woman" still lives rent free in my mind.)
The ones that have an actual human behind them to be entertaining will probably get through. As long as they're not using a VPN known to be commonly used by spammers. Our captcha is laughably outdated. Most of the work is done by ip lists now.

Dave

Staff member
The ones that have an actual human behind them to be entertaining will probably get through. As long as they're not using a VPN known to be commonly used by spammers. Our captcha is laughably outdated. Most of the work is done by ip lists now.
And AI gets around captcha now anyway.

GasBandit

Staff member
And AI gets around captcha now anyway.
The puzzles sure, but modern captchas do more subtle things like watch your mouse movements when you go to click things. It has to have just the right amount of inconsistency and meandering for it to judge you to be a human, instead of moving in an exact straight line at a constant or instant speed, for example.

All the "select all pictures" stuff is just getting you to train their AI models for free.

The bad news: It was finally decided among my higher-ups and me today that my newest hot female subordinate is not working out and we're not going to renew her contract. She's a hard worker, she's obviously eager to learn and do her best, but in the 6 months or so she's been here she's handed in one substandard translation after another, so it's become clear that she just doesn't have what it takes. So it's a shame, but we can't keep her on.

The good news: An even hotter person just submitted her application today, on the very same day!

GasBandit

Staff member
When I could no longer rent games, that gave rise to my long and illustrious career in piracy.

Still got my modded PS2 and Dreamcast around here somewhere.

Yup. From Apple Arcade to XBox [Live], the aim is no longer to convince you to play interesting/entertaining games, it is instead to entice you to select which service you shall pledge your credit card.

—Patrick

Lots of console games don't come with activation codes that would prohibit this.
Many of the games that don’t use codes instead require you to create/add the game to your account, log the hardware ID if your device, demand an always-online connection, etc. Sure, not EVERY game does these things, but enough do that game rental at Blockbuster would’ve been killed.

—Patrick

Yup. From Apple Arcade to XBox [Live], the aim is no longer to convince you to play interesting/entertaining games, it is instead to entice you to select which service you shall pledge your credit card.

—Patrick
Hello Kitty Island Adventure is a gem on Apple Arcade lol.
Post automatically merged:

My work “team”. Love being back lol

239A1319-F7FD-4D93-ADB7-D3164674A8D1.jpeg