Catholics have often decided that anything that hangs out in the water is a fish. You could be eating roasted beaver or muscrat or crocodile.

Catholics have often decided that anything that hangs out in the water is a fish. You could be eating roasted beaver or muscrat or crocodile.
I can personally attest that at least two of those are tasty. Never had beaver* though.

*the animal. No other meanings intended. Those are yummy too.

I'm going to a fish fry tomorrow night. I was telling a friend and she asked, "Christian or Catholic?" When I asked for a little more information on the question she said, "I mean the fish."

Uh...I think fish are atheists. Or even if they are religious I doubt that they'd pick the guy who took one of them and ripped it in half 5,000 times to feed the multitudes with loaves of bread. They probably looked up in fear as he walked over them on top of the water. To fish, Jesus was probably akin to the devil.
He also knew the best fishing spots.

The fish must be extra freaked out that Christians use a fish symbol.

Dave

Staff member
I went to a catholic fish fry tonight. HUGE auditorium filled with people. I told my table if I won I was causing a scene. I won. And caused a scene. I jumped up and yelled, "BAAAAACON!" as loud as I could. Then our table started chanting, "bacon! Bacon! BAY-CON!" It was fun but I think more than a few people were horrified.

We're leaving tomorrow morning for 20 days in Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
I'm really looking forward to it, we're all packed, everything's good....
But I just noticed the UV indexes there. Holy crap I'm going to just turn to ashes the moment I set foot outside the plane. I didn't even know these things went over 10 (well, I did, but you know what I mean). According to forecasts the lowest we'll see is 11, and it's pretty much all 13-15. That's higher than the Sahara Desert.

Dave

Staff member

This was me today.

• Decide I want food. Hey, I'll make grilled ham & cheese sandwiches.
  • Go to the kitchen. The griddle is dirty. Sink is full of dishes.
  • Dishwasher is full so empty dishwasher.
  • Clean dishes and put in the dishwasher.
  • Clean griddle.
  • Get stuff out for cooking. We're almost out of bread.
  • Go to store, get bread and a few other things we need.
  • Get home, cook food.

Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches made at home. Cost $25 and took 2 hours.

Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches made at home. Cost $25 and took 2 hours.
I seem to remember a 90's commercial that was something like that. Dude is out of milk or something so he goes to get milk but the door is squeaky so he has to stop and oil it and the car is pulling a little so he takes apart the wheel or whatever other BS he gets caught up doing on his way out the door and while he's doing this, the wife walks up with the empty carton like, "Hey, we're out of milk," and he replies something like, "Yeah! I'm workin' on it!"

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I seem to remember a 90's commercial that was something like that. Dude is out of milk or something so he goes to get milk but the door is squeaky so he has to stop and oil it and the car is pulling a little so he takes apart the wheel or whatever other BS he gets caught up doing on his way out the door and while he's doing this, the wife walks up with the empty carton like, "Hey, we're out of milk," and he replies something like, "Yeah! I'm workin' on it!"

--Patrick
Did you watch the video?

Dave

Staff member
The fun day continues. Friday my wife was complaining about the roku and how it was intermittently going black. So I switched the HDMI cable. No go. Went to Walmart and got her a new Roku. $100. Everything was fine. Today it started doing it again. Damn. I wondered if it was the HDMI ports on the old(er) tv. So I went and got her a new TV ($200). It says it's the same size but it looks smaller in the tv cabinet. Oh, and the ONLY tvs available were smart tvs. So guess what we no longer need? Yup. A Roku. And we have TWO of them. So we're keeping the tv hooked up to the one Roku so we don't have to set the wifi up to the smart tv (which I'm glad about). My sister just moved so we'll give her our old Roku.

*sigh*