On the way home from tonight I got the cab to stop at 7-11 and bought a big bag of Ruffles Poutine chips.

They're not bad, the gravy taste is quite strong, but I don't taste any real hint of cheese. They just taste like overly salty gravy.

Watching a Blue Jays game. They just showed a stat saying Jose Bautista is second in home runs ahead of Vernon Wells, behind Carlos Delgado.

4th on the list was the only Jays player whose home run actually mattered.

Huh. I thought sure I had posted about this already.
The worst part is their stated reason for doing so:
since they're for adults, Oreo says they weren't designed to be twisted open or dunked.
THEN HOW CAN YOU CALL IT AN OREO???
It's like making caffeine-free diet MtDew. What's the point?

--Patrick

Sounds to me like they invented the exact opposite of what everyone wanted.
I'm going to prove myself a heretic right now... I prefer regular oreos over the double-stuft. I find the classic form to be the perfect balance of cookie and cream, where neither are in big enough proportion to make you realize that they both kinda suck alone.[DOUBLEPOST=1438101043,1438100976][/DOUBLEPOST]
can't be twisted open or dunked
Oh fuck this. The whole reason for an oreo to exist is to be dunked in milk.

I'm going to prove myself a heretic right now... I prefer regular oreos over the double-stuft. I find the classic form to be the perfect balance of cookie and cream, where neither are in big enough proportion to make you realize that they both kinda suck alone.
You only say that because you're an adult.
Since most of the sugar is in the filling, that's what the kids are after. For them, more=better.

--Patrick

They are the exact same price as Double Stuff in our grocery store. That's what really annoys me. "But you get more cookies!" they may say. No, we get more atrocities.

I'm going to prove myself a heretic right now... I prefer regular oreos over the double-stuft. I find the classic form to be the perfect balance of cookie and cream, where neither are in big enough proportion to make you realize that they both kinda suck alone.[DOUBLEPOST=1438101043,1438100976][/DOUBLEPOST]

Your 10 year old self would beat you up for saying some shit like this.

Just using your response as a convenient vehicle...

I like the Thin Oreos. Better balance between cookie and stuffing. I hate Double-Stuffed, and the regular are okay. I don't twist them apart or dunk in anything, can't stand milk.

I have now made myself worse than you.

They exist because adults want the cookie more than they want the filling.
Of course, adults should be able to march down to the grocery store and get some of these if that's the case:
OT376059S.jpg

--Patrick

Heard from Pez! :D

I don't know who to ping - @Dave , @Dirona , @DarkAudit , @Officer_Charon ?

He finally got a hold of me. He checked into a mental hospital - a different one than last time (which still means, no phone, no internet) - and is doing well. He said he's on some anti-anxiety medication and the doctors are setting up schedules for continued treatment when he's released. He's doing well and is feeling a lot better, a lot more happy and normal. His things are all packed up ready for his move and it sounds like things will be working out. He'll likely only be at the hospital for a few more days, so he'll reconnect then, but yeah!

Feeling pretty relieved. =^^= He's on the mend!