Who the fuck brings an air horn to an 8th grade continuation?! It is also indoors packed full. I hate this person.

Dave

Staff member
Hey, @LittleKagsin! Just a heads up. There was a Reddit thread about Artisan Dice and how shitty they are about getting people their orders. So I posted a link to the Shapeways page. Hope it gives a bump to the dice selling.

GasBandit

Staff member
Shapeways was really cool and dependable for me when I ordered that 3d-printing of my minecraft structure. When a piece broke off in shipping, they offered to ship me another one at no cost.

Shapeways was really cool and dependable for me when I ordered that 3d-printing of my minecraft structure. When a piece broke off in shipping, they offered to ship me another one at no cost.
That's lovely. :D They've been pretty good, in our experience.

We get a teeny paycheck from them every couple of months from Nate's account, it would be awesome to have it be a more regular thing.

fade

Staff member
I have no friggin' clue what is going on in DC since Final Crisis. I know that's old now, but geez. I don't get 52 or One Year Later, or New 52, and I sure as hell don't get this whole Superman thing going on now. Is there, like, a Cliff Notes type website for it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DC_Multiverse_worlds#The_52

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DC_Multiverse_worlds#The_New_52

But the long and short of it is that the creative team as it exists doesn't like the characters as they have been written, and so change things using the multiverse as an explanation for the sudden change in characterization. However, if you have multiverses then you must have multiverse police, and these are called Monitors. There are 52 universes, and 52 monitors.

This lasted for a decade or so, then the creative team changed enough that they wanted to erase history again and start fresh, so they used another plot point to do so, and everything has changed again, but the basic multiverse with its 52 universes and 52 monitors still exists, though now new multiverses can exist inside the multiverse in little bubbles so you can have multiverses that aren't the same as the main multiverse. So if a writer wants to explore something completely different that won't affect history or change the "real" characters they can explore it in a sandbox of sorts that exists apart from reality.

At least that's my take on it, having never read any of them and only skimming wikipedia, so chances are I'm completely wrong and you've wasted seconds reading this baseless series of assumptions.

Pep rally schedules are great. A whole hour with zero chance of kids coming into the library.

Lunch is right after, though, and we're getting into textbook-return time, so sadly this peace will be short-lived.

My daughter dropped her desk on her big toe on Tuesday, and blood keeps collecting in the nail bed, so I took her to urgent care today to get it looked at. Picture below.

GasBandit

Staff member
My daughter dropped her desk on her big toe on Tuesday, and blood keeps collecting in the nail bed, so I took her to urgent care today to get it looked at. Picture below.
Some folk'll never lose a toe
Then again, some folk'll.
It's Samantha, the 9 toed yokel!