BananaHands

Staff member
I told myself that I wasn't going to have any emotional attachments before I left for LA - so of course two months before leaving I stumble into a friend from college and we end up getting some food, a few drinks, yadda yadda yadda and now I find myself with someone I genuinely enjoy that I can't get enough of.

D'oh.

She's so swell though and it's not like she doesn't know I plan on moving away late June/early July. I just feel like it's making the move so much more difficult now because ugggh she's so neat and a musician and pretty and sadpgohdgihasdgposdgj.

So in a lot of the press coverage surrounding Jupiter Ascending, people are still using "Wachowski Brothers" despite Lana's announcement 2 years ago. Is this by the Wachowski's choice or lazy/biased reporting.

Probably just lazy reporting.

The feeling of showering after being at a club for 6 hours is so phenomenal. Washing off all the sweat, makeup and general grime is one of the best feelings to me.

Even though I can barely move, I'm so sore, it was WORTH IT!

fade

Staff member
Just to follow up on a discussion from the locked 5 year anniversary thread, you don't have to "say things you don't want your wife to hear" to want a place to hang out with your own friends.

GasBandit

Staff member
Pauline used to check up on me around here once every few weeks... it almost always led to an argument each time. She had a very jealous/insecure streak (understandably). One time she even thought I was e-cheating on her with someone here.

I firmly believe couples should have interests/opportunities to do things without the other. It's healthy. Mr. Z has things like MMA and certain video games I have no interest in, and there's stuff like some art and theater that I know he doesn't enjoy. It gives us the chance to hang out with other friends and still enjoy each other's company most of the time.
But it may also be the nature of our relationship that there is nothing I have said or could say on here that I wouldn't want him to see. In fact, for years I'd tell him about threads, or we'd look at the Funny Pictures together, and I've shown him some of the stuff I've posted recently. But whether it's here or on Facebook or whatever, I've also had a rule of never putting something online that I'd be afraid of a future boss or (recently) my son coming across someday, and generally I don't say anything I wouldn't say face-to-face. I've been like that since I started using the internet. I know there's no such thing as privacy anymore, but I'd like to think I have a modicum of control over what strangers know about me.

I firmly believe couples should have interests/opportunities to do things without the other. It's healthy. Mr. Z has things like MMA and certain video games I have no interest in, and there's stuff like some art and theater that I know he doesn't enjoy. It gives us the chance to hang out with other friends and still enjoy each other's company most of the time.
But it may also be the nature of our relationship that there is nothing I have said or could say on here that I wouldn't want him to see. In fact, for years I'd tell him about threads, or we'd look at the Funny Pictures together, and I've shown him some of the stuff I've posted recently. But whether it's here or on Facebook or whatever, I've also had a rule of never putting something online that I'd be afraid of a future boss or (recently) my son coming across someday, and generally I don't say anything I wouldn't say face-to-face. I've been like that since I started using the internet. I know there's no such thing as privacy anymore, but I'd like to think I have a modicum of control over what strangers know about me.
100% backing this up.

The wife and I have things where we just don't click (She's not a gamer and I'm not one for TV shows) but we've compromised in a few ways. We both have wireless headsets and TVs on opposite sides of the living room but we're about 5 ft apart the entire time. I'll play something on mine and she'll watch her shows on hers. We are still arms length apart but doing our own thing without forcing the other to participate in something we aren't interested in. We sometimes find some common ground on both things though, such as she was really interested in watching me play through Beyond Two Souls and she's gotten me hooked on a few shows.

As for doing things completely separate? I agree that it can be very helpful for most relationships, in ours though we're content to do separate things but close together.

fade

Staff member
They are busy working on their brown note generator. You know. The one that make you have to go at the precise moment that signature required package you have been waiting for for 2 weeks and took off work to sign for shows up.

I'm glad UK is out of the Final Four. I don't follow basketball but I know this because I have one or two FB friends who were posting well over a dozen posts every couple hours about fucking basketball. You're into it, that's cool, but I don't need to hear about every fucking time the ball gets passed.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm glad UK is out of the Final Four. I don't follow basketball but I know this because I have one or two FB friends who were posting well over a dozen posts every couple hours about fucking basketball. You're into it, that's cool, but I don't need to hear about every fucking time the ball gets passed.
I hate that. I temporarily block some friends during football season, because they post every 20 minutes.

GasBandit

Staff member
I used to follow a few people like that on Twitter. One did a play-by-play commentary on tennis matches.
He hit it! #tennisPBP
He hit it back! #tennisPBP
He hit it again! #tennisPBP
He hit it back again! #tennisPBP
He hit it once more! #tennisPBP
And back it comes! #tennisPBP
A hit and a grunt! #tennisPBP
A return with a louder grunt! #tennisPBP
It's now a grunting contest! #tennisPBP
And now a fit is pitched. #tennisPBP

GQ interviewed the "Human Barbie" chick, and oh my god her answers leave no doubt in my mind that she is an idiot. :p

http://www.gq.com/women/photos/201404/valeria-lukyanova-human-barbie-doll?currentPage=1
"I realize that just like everyone reading about Human Barbie, I had had a simple narrative prepared in my head: A small-town girl grows up obsessed with dolls, etc. Instead, I get a racist space alien."

I don't know if racist space alien is better or worse than brainless bimbo. Probably worse.

He hit it! #tennisPBP
He hit it back! #tennisPBP
He hit it again! #tennisPBP
He hit it back again! #tennisPBP
That was pretty close. She was actually "yelling" at calls and discussing the technique of her favorite player in the match. It was like a rabid football or hockey fan in a bar, but on Twitter.

I know the lottery is a sucker's game, but occasionally, I still guy a ticket - you know, just in case.

I looked up the results of last night's Euromillions. Ohh, a number. hey, a star. Another number! Whoo! All in all, I had 4 numbers and 2 stars...except that those were the national lottery results, and the Euromillions were just below. Where, of course, I had jack shit.
Bah. 4 numbers and 2 stars would've gotten me a nice €5.000 or so. I know I didn't lose anything (except the €6 I spent on the ticket :p), but still. Bah I say!

I know the lottery is a sucker's game, but occasionally, I still guy a ticket - you know, just in case.
While I was still in college, there was a time on Spring Break where the lottery daily 3 and daily 4 numbers, when put together, exactly spelled out my girlfriend's phone number. If played, that would've been $5500, but how are you supposed to know something like that is coming?

--Patrick

While I was still in college, there was a time on Spring Break where the lottery daily 3 and daily 4 numbers, when put together, exactly spelled out my girlfriend's phone number. If played, that would've been $5500, but how are you supposed to know something like that is coming?

--Patrick
Time travel.

My girlfriend's brother has a good line, "If you won't pick the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6, then don't play the lottery."

My girlfriend's brother has a good line, "If you won't pick the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6, then don't play the lottery."
I am not your girlfriend's brother, but that is the exact same argument I use when explaining how the lottery works to people.
Me: "Would you pick 1-2-3-4-5-6 to win?"
Them: "Of course not! What're the odds those numbers would win?"
Me: "Um, exactly the same as any other combination, actually."
Them: "..."

--Patrick