I'm so tired of online posts that start "I don't care who is offended by this" and then it's just a bunch of old person rambling. Just once I wanna see something that might actually offend someone, like declaring your Biblical relationship with your dog or maybe just the word "cunt".

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm not off work yet, but I thought I'd just go ahead and get this out of the way....

HEY EVERYBODY!

It's FRIDAAAAAAAAAAY!

Today I realized that I have decisively surpassed one of my teachers at the thing they used to teach me.

Bit of a bittersweet feeling.

Today I realized that I have decisively surpassed one of my teachers at the thing they used to teach me.
Bit of a bittersweet feeling.
My college roommate said that happened to him while he was researching his PhD. He suddenly realized that he was talking over his prof's head, and this fact made him uncomfortable.

--Patrick

Isn't that the point? Teachers give you all the accumulated knowledge so that you can acquire new knowledge. Education isn't a wrestling trope.

Isn't that the point? Teachers give you all the accumulated knowledge so that you can acquire new knowledge. Education isn't a wrestling trope.
Not everyone seeks to improve upon what they're taught. It's true that some people view their education as a springboard to higher, greater things. For others, it is merely a hurdle to overcome, and, once vaulted, they cease any additional forward progress.

--Patrick

Now why in the middle of the night are Twitter trends in Canada all anti-Trudeau nonsense and during the day it's more normal shit?

WHY IS THAT?

Working from home is so weird. I’m writing something technical for work while destroying some chocolate cake while wearing pjs and there are stuffed Pokémon watching me.

Dave

Staff member
Electricity is out right now as storms roll through the area. It’s darker than my brother’s soul in here. So dark my brother would hate it and a cop would shoot it.

It’s pretty damn dark in here.

Lots of controversy at Bon Apetit right now. The EIC resigned and most of the test kitchen staff is on strike till the situation is remedied.