Ah, right, I did forget about AdBlock. I have it on Chrome. So that solves the desktop watching. But I occasionally watch it on my phone and Smart TV. I might just bite the bullet and get Premium.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ah, right, I did forget about AdBlock. I have it on Chrome. So that solves the desktop watching. But I occasionally watch it on my phone and Smart TV. I might just bite the bullet and get Premium.
Can't do much about the smart TV, but you can still get youtube vanced for your mobile device - there's just a couple extra steps to install it now that google had it taken off the Play Store. But it's still pretty easy to do. You don't even have to root your phone.

In other news, I biked over the bridge to Halifax and back just now. The wind was INSANE. Mostly back wind getting there, so that was manageable. But going back was way more head wind. I had to walk most of way back across the bridge.

Wind speeds right now are around 45kmph. So yeah, not easy.

I went camping with my wife and her church friends last weekend.

The most interesting thing that happened during this camping trip was that my wife found a four-leaf clover in a patch of grass.
OMG, I just had to google if your country had like forests. I thought is was just one giant mega city like from Judge Dredd.

OMG, I just had to google if your country had like forests. I thought is was just one giant mega city like from Judge Dredd.
It is like one giant mega city though. We went camping on a special rooftop campsite with artificial greenery. It's located atop the local wafer fab. The solar panels have grass on top.

I remember the neat thing about the railway in Alishan was watching the forest change types, from sub tropical to temperate, as the train went up the mountain.

It is like one giant mega city though. We went camping on a special rooftop campsite with artificial greenery. It's located atop the local wafer fab. The solar panels have grass on top.
Are you sure you didn't just get lost in the flower market?

Today, sitting at my cubicle at work, as I rolled my chair around, I would sometimes hear an odd popping sound. I would look down, but I wouldn't be able to identify the source of the sound. Oh well, I figured, it's probably some mechanism in the wheel wearing out due to the sheer age of the chair. Or maybe there's something underneath the carpet that's making this sound.

Then halfway through the day, I suddenly heard a continuous popping sound, and I could feel something popping against the heel of my shoe. I looked down. There were sparks coming out of the power cable of a fan that I use at my desk. I could see and smell smoke rising from the cable.

I immediately removed my foot and examined the cable. The copper innards were exposed, likely due to wear from my chair's wheels rolling over the cable, and me rolling over it today had caused brief shorts, which caused the popping sound. When I accidentally stepped on the exposed cable just now, though, it made a continuous short that had started cooking the rubber on my sole.

I feel lucky that none of the sparks had set the carpet on fire.

Cable.jpg

At least 10 years, possibly more than 15. It originally belonged to my predecessor at this company, and I've been here since 2013.
Amazing you got that long of use out of it. I despise having to clean up after an electrical fire/fault, melts stuff like you wouldn’t believe.

After how seeing how insane the world is today and I know everyone's afraid to say it but I don't think Hitler was a good guy.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had groceries delivered today.

I was delivered some bananas I did not order (and were not on the receipt either, so they didn't charge me for them).

Whatever, I'll eat a banana.

... that was possibly the worst banana I've ever had in my life.

I am no longer entertaining notions of ingesting unsolicited bananas.

I had groceries delivered today.

I was delivered some bananas I did not order (and were not on the receipt either, so they didn't charge me for them).

Whatever, I'll eat a banana.

... that was possibly the worst banana I've ever had in my life.

I am no longer entertaining notions of ingesting unsolicited bananas.
@Celt Z will be disappointed.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wonder why you have that one saved. Hmmm...
Believe it or not, 9 times out of 10 I just go over to coub and see what's at the top of the most recent "dance" category videos. This one just happened to be there. So naturally I had to grab it.