The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

Lets hope his push continues tomorrow night!

That was some old school booking right there, match then promo? They haven't done that in ages for anything significant.

Zappit

Staff member
Tyson Kidd just underwent neck surgery - the same procedure that Stone Cold and Edge needed - an will be out at least 14 months, if he's ever able to come back. All because they rushed a dark match with Samoa Joe and didn't give the pair a chance to seriously prep.

Shitty year for injuries. Bryan's probably done. Kidd, too. Rowan has an arm injury. Bringing back Brock has already resulted in Jamie Noble breaking three ribs. That ox will probably cripple Rollins in their match, since he has no fucking idea how to do his job with any measure of safety.

I'm a bit disappointed in Cena winning the Owens match, but then again, saying "I'm a bit disappointed in Cena winning the (x) match" is fairly commonplace.

So rumours are spreading that Hogan is not only done with WWE (as a judge on Tough Enough and such), but they're completely scrubbing him from WWE.com. Current talk is that he said something HORRIBLY racist, it's been recorded on audio, and that it'll be leaked soon. So WWE is doing everything they can to cut ties with him.

This is apparently what's got people's panties all twisted: him recounting a story about Booker T calling him the n-word. It this was a big deal, it would've been a big deal THREE YEARS AGO.

Though someone else has said that he was recorded by National Enquirer or someone where he's going on a long, racist tangent.

I mean, they're trying to scrub him from WWE history like they did with Benoit. It's gotta be something big to do that.

Hearing that it is because of video of him being racist released as part of his Gawker lawsuit regarding his sex tape.

Thank God. That gimmick was freaking horrible.
Axelmania was great right until WWE Creative decided they needed to take more control over it. A prime example of them not getting the joke and not understanding why it was starting to get over.

The transcript of the Hogan video is out. It's pillow talk from the sex tape where he unloads rascist remarks about his daughters boyfriend.

I'm not a fan of racism or Hogan, but...Really? We're going to start losing people jobs and that sort of thing over pillow talk? It's pretty much the definition of private. Too bad if he's racist, but I've said my fair share of "wrong" things in the seclusion of my own home, either jokingly or drunk or stoned or whatever, or just shooting the shit with not-so-politically-correct friends. Even if you're a (fairly) public figure, I really don't like the idea that you have to be 100% PC and 100% mainstream in your thoughts 100% of the time. Blergh.

Wow, did they fire Curtis Axel because they stuck him with a shitty gimmick? Poor guy. I mean, he never had a lick of charisma but that's still so shitty. Oh ok, where I read they had it was just a joke.

At least Sandow is free to be stuck into another God awful gimmick he'll somehow make work.[DOUBLEPOST=1437755121,1437754901][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not a fan of racism or Hogan, but...Really? We're going to start losing people jobs and that sort of thing over pillow talk? It's pretty much the definition of private. Too bad if he's racist, but I've said my fair share of "wrong" things in the seclusion of my own home, either jokingly or drunk or stoned or whatever, or just shooting the shit with not-so-politically-correct friends. Even if you're a (fairly) public figure, I really don't like the idea that you have to be 100% PC and 100% mainstream in your thoughts 100% of the time. Blergh.
If it wasn't exposed like it was, they wouldn't give a shit. Michael Hayes still works there and there's boatloads of incidents where he said massively racist shit. WWE is double standards, the company.

If it wasn't exposed like it was, they wouldn't give a shit. Michael Hayes still works there and there's boatloads of incidents where he said massively racist shit. WWE is double standards, the company.
It's a lot easier to cut ties with the guy you are currently doing favors for and don't need around, even if he's basically the only reason you have your entire empire. Not saying Hulk deserves to have his accomplishments wiped (because he doesn't) but I can't really blame WWE for not wanting to keep him around if he's going to get caught saying that kind of stuff. They have a business to look after and considering some of ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE RACIST SHIT we're willing to put in the past and forgive them for (like the Iron Sheik), I'm willing to give them some leeway when they feel they need to be proactive about this stuff in the now.

Then again, this might just be an excuse. Hogan's burnt a lot of bridges in the past few years, not the least of which is becoming a public spectacle. The WWE might just be taking this opportunity to wash their hands of him without seeming like they are kicking him while he's down.

Vince forgives all if you can make him money. Looks like they have reached the profit point with Hogan.

Last edited:

This is apparently what's got people's panties all twisted: him recounting a story about Booker T calling him the n-word. It this was a big deal, it would've been a big deal THREE YEARS AGO.

Though someone else has said that he was recorded by National Enquirer or someone where he's going on a long, racist tangent.

I mean, they're trying to scrub him from WWE history like they did with Benoit. It's gotta be something big to do that.
IIRC, I think it was Gawker, another celebrity tabloid site like TMZ famous for it's love for controversy with famous people. I would not be surprised if they're getting back at him for taking them to court over his sex tape leak, the people over at Gawker sound like total douchebags. He also went off about his daughter's music career; about eight years ago, I think.

Honestly, I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the anime thread, but some folks have gone across a rather goofy pic of John Cena, which, thanks to a little addition, gives us...Josuke Cena.

It's funny how when Lana and Rusev were an onscreen thing, I didn't think he could work without her. But there he is, being pretty entertaining on his own (sort of) and she seems to be the one languishing without him.

Zappit

Staff member
It's funny how when Lana and Rusev were an onscreen thing, I didn't think he could work without her. But there he is, being pretty entertaining on his own (sort of) and she seems to be the one languishing without him.
He can work the mic quite well, but they're going to do what they do to every Russian character - start strong, and then throw them into the comedy role. Rusev is already just a face turn away from becoming the new Santino. That fish joke is only the beginning.

He will be sorely missed. :( In wrestling these days you just don't get any charismatic and energetic as Rowdy on the mic. Whether he's kicking the crap out of Golddust, smacking a coconut on Snuka, or exposing some cracks in the Shield - or heck, the fire extinguisher - there was only one Roddy and Piper's Pit, and he was the best.