[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

It makes me want to read Dune.

Should I read Dune?
Dune is my all time favorite book and series, regardless of how Frank Herberts son shat out drivel in place of the eloquence and subtleties his father would have protrayed in the prequel series and subsequent follow ups after Frank's demise. That being said, there is a brilliance to Frank Herberts storytelling which requires patience. Watching a movie like 2010 or Interstellar is a good segue to reading his masterpiece in terms of understanding that sort of patience to pay-off. It will be obvious that I am eagerly awaiting this newer rendition of his magnum opus.

figmentPez

Staff member
I started watching this trailer for Tom & Jerry expecting it to be horrible, but it looks pretty polished, with an okay premise. I still don't think it looks exceptionally good, but it looks better than the Woody Woodpecker movie from 2017.

I started watching this trailer for Tom & Jerry expecting it to be horrible, but it looks pretty polished, with an okay premise. I still don't think it looks exceptionally good, but it looks better than the Woody Woodpecker movie from 2017.

They made a good choice here by making every animal in this film an animated character. So at least I don’t have to go through the film constantly asking “why are these people okay with this cat using power tools?”

I have to admit, I laughed like a child at some parts of this trailer.

Plus Chloe Grace Moretz looks very good in that uniform.

That actually looks...fun?
There's a moment in the book With a Single Spell (I think) where someone tries one of the spells in a spellbook and a huge, menacing demon appears, wreathed in jeweled flame and armor... and then opens a jar and leaves. That's it, that's the spell... a spell binding a giant, ferocious demon to appear and open any stuck jar lid, and then leave.

This reminds me of that.

--Patrick

Is it just me, or does having an illegitimate child seem out-of-character for Akeem? I'd believe it of Semmi or even King Jofi, but Akeem?

Is it just me, or does having an illegitimate child seem out-of-character for Akeem? I'd believe it of Semmi or even King Jofi, but Akeem?
That's my concern too. Maybe it was one of the bathing girls, giving the "little prince" a thorough clean up.

She got pregnant and King Jofi covered it up.

To me, it feels like it goes against a lot of what they set to be be Akeem's distinctive qualities: he could be naive, but he was very well-educated. He didn't want to just "hook-up" with girls, as he pointed out to both King Jofi (specifically when asked about his female staff) or when he and Semmi went to the bars looking for women. He wasn't interested in "sowing his royal oats", he wanted companionship and love. Akeem having a random hook-up, and not using birth control at that, seems to go against all of that.

But, then again, it's only a trailer and doesn't give us much to go on. For all we know it could be a sperm donation they took from Akeem years ago to insure an heir if something ever happened to him.

Willy's Wonderland, or as I call it, Five Nights at Nicky's.

I hope when we do actually get a 5 Nights at Freddy's movie that it's better than whatever this is and also better than that Banana Splits movie.
I don't mind them reusing that line from Watchmen, but boy the delivery for it was awful here.

I hope when we do actually get a 5 Nights at Freddy's movie that it's better than whatever this is and also better than that Banana Splits movie.
I don't mind them reusing that line from Watchmen, but boy the delivery for it was awful here.
Yeah I just about peaced out when I heard that line. My one friend is REALLY excited for it, but it just looks SO freaking genre, as well as literally just being Not-Five Nights at Freddy's the second movie.