[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Why are Rick & Morty in Space Jam 2? They should not be in a movie marketed towards kids.
What's really a waste is that just BEFORE that clip they get Wile-E and Roadrunner from the Mad Max Universe.
Imagine Wile-E driving a death vehicle, his face all marked up, and spraying silver paint into his face. Also not a trademark for the kids but I got an absolute kick out of that.

Will I watch it when it comes to theaters? No.
Will I get baked out of my gourd and watch it at home? Your goddamn right I will.

Reactions: TNM
Dammit, Spiderman ruined Zendaya for me.

Between her and Ronon Dex that's double the distraction of the 1st one's Cpt. Picard.

Once again I'm getting that urge to read Dune.

I mean, I probably won't, the urge will go away soon like last time, but yeah, I'm feeling urges.

figmentPez

Staff member
My theory about the plot of Ghostbusters: Afterlife

I think this hole in the ground in the middle of nowhere was the long-term, no external power or maintenance required, storage solution to replace the Containment Unit. This is the Yucca Mountain of ghosts, and something is causing it to fail.

EDIT: Theory part 2
Ivo Shandor probably has something to do with this. Not sure how that'll play out. One possibility is that this storage location was a Shandor discovery, and the Ghostbusters repurposed it for containment, and now things are going wrong because Shandor's original plans for the location are somehow still in motion.

I think this hole in the ground in the middle of nowhere was the long-term, no external power or maintenance required, storage solution to replace the Containment Unit. This is the Yucca Mountain of ghosts, and something is causing it to fail.

Ivo Shandor probably has something to do with this. Not sure how that'll play out. One possibility is that this storage location was a Shandor discovery, and the Ghostbusters repurposed it for containment, and now things are going wrong because Shandor's original plans for the location are somehow still in motion.
Those are my two theories right now too.

In one of the previous trailers (from like last year) one of the signs said "Shandor Mines".

Hmmm. A movie about Venus & Serena Williams. Let's make it about the dad.
It's such a weird thing to focus on when you're talking about two of the most famous tennis players in the world, but Venus and Serena are executive producers for the film, so it's what they wanted to focus on? I guess?

Dave

Staff member
It's such a weird thing to focus on when you're talking about two of the most famous tennis players in the world, but Venus and Serena are executive producers for the film, so it's what they wanted to focus on? I guess?
I didn't realize they were producers, although knowing them and their drive I should not have been surprised. Still an odd choice to me.

I didn't realize they were producers, although knowing them and their drive I should not have been surprised. Still an odd choice to me.
Maybe their dad was a big part of them achieving success, and they wanted to spotlight him for that. I generally like these kinds of movies, so I'll withhold any judgement until I see it.

Maybe their dad was a big part of them achieving success, and they wanted to spotlight him for that. I generally like these kinds of movies, so I'll withhold any judgement until I see it.
He was their coach early in their lives and helped ease them into the pro circuit. I recall when Venus first showed up as an emerging star in the game, he said that her younger sister Serena was even better than Venus, but he would not allow Serena to play in professional tournaments until he was sure she was ready, and would not be burnt out too quickly by the professional game.

Given how Venus and Serena both had long and productive careers, it looks like he made the right call.