[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

New Behind the Bastards is about police in schools and holy shit, once again I am floored at the difference between my country and yours.
Oh, I love that you listen to Behind the Bastards. Robert Evans is one of the best on the ground war reporters we have on scene. He just needs to go live more often, but I really really do understand the fatigue of having to talk nonstop about what you see around you.

Dave

Staff member
Yup. It's bullshit, and obvious bullshit at that. May as well be Disorderly Conduct at this rate.
I feel like the guy who tells a joke at the party and nobody cares. Then the cool guy comes in, says the same joke (about 5 posts later) & they get all the laughs.

And if you can't tell.... :D

I feel like the guy who tells a joke at the party and nobody cares. Then the cool guy comes in, says the same joke (about 5 posts later) & they get all the laughs.

And if you can't tell.... :D
I think it's closer to "two old guys say the same thing, no one reacts to either of them".

Oh, I love that you listen to Behind the Bastards. Robert Evans is one of the best on the ground war reporters we have on scene. He just needs to go live more often, but I really really do understand the fatigue of having to talk nonstop about what you see around you.
Been a fan of his for years.

Yeah, he picks his times now to go live more carefully. I used to watch them too when I could.

Gared, I have to give you a huge "Thank you" for going out there and giving us this information. If I wasn't on this board I don't know if I would have heard about the shitshow it's become. Yes, some networks are starting to cover it, but no one has gone into the amount of detail that you bring us. You rock.

Gared, I have to give you a huge "Thank you" for going out there and giving us this information. If I wasn't on this board I don't know if I would have heard about the shitshow it's become. Yes, some networks are starting to cover it, but no one has gone into the amount of detail that you bring us. You rock.
This, 1000X times.

EeKJmTZVAAIHNxc.png

They're for fumigating large agricultural or industrial spaces. They're definitely not for deploying CR gas on people (CR gas or dibenzoxazepine (also referred to as DBO), or its chemical name dibenz[b,f][1,4]oxazepine, is an incapacitating agent and a lachrymatory agent. CR was developed by the British Ministry of Defence as a riot control agent in the late 1950s and early 1960s. A report from the Porton Down laboratories described exposure as "like being thrown blindfolded into a bed of stinging nettles", and it earned the nickname "firegas" ).

Gared, how's that withdraw going?
Well, so far today the OSP and PPB have cleared the park of houseless individuals, taken all of the benches out of the park, locked the restroom back down again, and put up signs all over the place telling people that the park is temporarily closed. Then they guarded the members of a Back the Blue rally, arrested several counterprotesters, including TrumpetMan, for standing on the wrong sidewalk after being told to stand on that sidewalk by police (yay), and the DHS says they're not withdrawing anyone and Trump just promised to send in the National Guard and "they won't be just for protecting the courthouse, they'll be able to go out and do whatever they need."

So... poorly.

Well, so far today the OSP and PPB have cleared the park of houseless individuals, taken all of the benches out of the park, locked the restroom back down again, and put up signs all over the place telling people that the park is temporarily closed. Then they guarded the members of a Back the Blue rally, arrested several counterprotesters, including TrumpetMan, for standing on the wrong sidewalk after being told to stand on that sidewalk by police (yay), and the DHS says they're not withdrawing anyone and Trump just promised to send in the National Guard and "they won't be just for protecting the courthouse, they'll be able to go out and do whatever they need."

So... poorly.
Mission accomplished! And actually, I think it's the best withdraw ever. Nobody's ever seen a withdraw like this. People have been calling ..er saying, Sir, how did you do this?

Haven't seen any feds yet, most people are congregating in the parks (which were swept and closed earlier today, but the people don't really give a crap about that), and the normal speakers are over at the JC castigating everyone who doesn't look, act, and think exactly the way they do (so, normal ally/peace policing bullshit). We'll see how things go tonight, I really have no idea what to expect.

Dave

Staff member
News is reporting a quiet night of peaceful protesting and that the feds have left. News full of shit or spot on?

News is reporting a quiet night of peaceful protesting and that the feds have left. News full of shit or spot on?
Well, the feds haven't left, they're working on a two-week pull out plan*, but they didn't show up outside last night, and the protests stayed peaceful all night long. I even went to bed early.

*In fact, we've learned that they've taken over and occupied the Bonneville Power Administration building in downtown Portland, and that they have a fleet of unmarked black SUVs there, and that they've still been performing snatch "arrests" outside of the 9 block exclusionary zone that they're recommending.

Edit: Proof of Federal Occupation. The BPA building is Federal property (DoE owns it).

Last edited:
Oh ho! But now, the DHS is suing the state of Oregon for kicking them out, and wants to be allowed back in to do whatever they deem necessary in order to protect their federal buildings. Oh, and the US District Court judge who approved the TRO against targeting press members now wants to change the rules so that journalists have be "professionals" who have been given "official press jerseys" by the ACLU. And he wants the feds to wear football jersey numbers on their uniforms. You know, to go along with the baseball cards that the feds had made up for the protesters, just like they did in Afghanistan with Al'Qaeda members.

Anyway, another peaceful night, aside from protesters attacking each other because their protesting styles didn't align with each other. I suspect this weekend that we'll see a lot more direct actions take at police buildings, instead of standing around in the street in front of the federal court house, but I don't have any proof of that. That being said, there was a lot of violence being dished out around the country tonight.

• Austin TX had a snatching, where five cop cars pulled up and jacked some dude off the street, and stole his dog, right in front of the protest march - dude wasn't affiliated with the marchers at that point, but had apparently been driving a blocking vehicle for them earlier in the evening.
  • Austin TX also had a standoff in the parking lot of a Whole Foods, when officers maced protesters, threatened members of the press, and aggressively postured at protesters with their cruisers.
  • In Denver, protesters who had shown up at police headquarters(?) I don't really know Denver at all - anyway, protesters showed up at a very impressive "police hq" building and then one of them was tackled by 15 officers after he bent down to pick up a phone charger. An ambulance was called for him, but left empty handed, and nothing further was heard from that streamer for the evening.
  • In Columbus, OH, officers were seen stomping on protesters once they'd pushed them to the ground in a bull rush, but the only footage I had was 23 minutes old five hours ago.
And that's all I saw for the night. The violence by officers, not feds, is definitely escalating around the country - as they've been let off their leashes - but so far, feds seem to have crawled back into their holes to hide. I imagine that imagery was a little too striking during an election year. I hope. At this point, anything that sees less tear gas use, I'll count as a bit of a blessing.

anything that sees less tear gas use, I'll count as a bit of a blessing.
Do you think that's what the federal intervention was for? To make people say, "Oh thank goodness we only have to deal with "normal" police brutality for a change.

--Patrick

Do you think that's what the federal intervention was for? To make people say, "Oh thank goodness we only have to deal with "normal" police brutality for a change.

--Patrick
No, I don't think so. The normal cops started the tear gassing, beating, and shooting riot munitions at people - including reporters - and the feds just upped the severity. I really do think Trump thought his troops were going to quell the uprising, like he said they would, but had no idea how to because they were primarily Academi/Blackwater mercenaries and BORTAC and none of those orgs are known for being trained to work with civilians. In fact, BORTAC and CBP troops are specifically trained that the individuals with whom they're working are NOT humans and are NOT to be treated with respect. They are less than human, and the enemy. Someone posted a link to a Guardian or Independent story about their units and how they're trained, and it's just like you would expect mercenaries and soldiers who work outside the law to be trained.

Now ICE and BORTAC have pulled out or pulled back, and are being sent to Chicago, Milwaukee, Albuquerque, Detroit, Cleveland, and Kansas City. No, I think what's happening is that the shock and awe troopers are coming in, establishing a federal presence, using their presence to get the local populace to fight back, charging them with federal crimes and trying to convince everyone that that city is incapable of policing their own citizens, and using that justification to send in even more federal troops and leaving them in place until mid-October, like the Trump administration is doing in Portland. CBP and BORTAC have been removed from the city, but now we have 150 new federal officers staged at federal properties 20 minutes on either side of the courthouse. So, shock and awe troops come in, make a bunch of noise, get the populace pissed off, someone graffitis a courthouse or statue, and Trump uses that stupid executive order he signed about protecting statues to semi-permanently base his troops in democrat-governed cities.

If I see one more description of fireworks as a "rocket" from conservative media or twitter I'm really gonna piss and moan and do nothing about it.