[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Watching "The Batman" a little cheesy at times, but the art design is phe-NOMENAL, great action scenes, and has probably my favorite iteration of the Penguin, and yes that's including the Paul Williams one (who is still great). ALSO-why the fuck haven't the Kabuki twins been in anything else DC related? They kicked ASS!

Adventure Time- Hall of Egress

...WELL *CLAP* that was trippy even for AT standards. ALSO-
who else was pissed off he didn't just put the Snowman right side up? Torturous it was.

Watching "The Batman" Netflix-LOVING IT-one thing about the Solomon Grundy episode-
the biggest clue it wasn't really Grundy...his half-shirt. NOT a ripped shirt, a straight up cut half-shirt, like from the eighties. That should've been Bat's first clue in my opinion.

And I've started season 3 of "The Batman"...this was when it went down hill wasn't it? I know for a fact Detective Yin basically disappeared, anything else bad?

Edit: Seven episodes in to season 3, any episode that DOESN'T involve Batgirl is a breath of fresh air because dear LORD is she annoying.

Last edited:
Started Young Justice and aside from the whining about how grown-ups just don't understand, or Miss Martian thinking she's stupid, it's pretty good. I like that the problems of working as a team are both shown and addressed, and it's clear how much Robin is expected to act independently with Batman, and thus expects it of everyone else.

Will probably watch a Let's Play of that between-season video game once we get to that point.

Reactions: TNM
Lauren Montgomery and Joaquim Dos Santos have been named as the showrunners for Voltron: Legendary Defender, the new Netflix series. Both are known for their work on Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel, The Legend of Korra. (via io9)

And I'm done season 3 of the Batman, MAN it ended with a bang, and they made sure Batgirl wasn't there to ruin it!
D.A.V.E. was just a REALLY cool villain, in both look and personality.

SEASON FOUR STARTO-holy shit was Robin's origin ep better than Batgirl's-
-for one-SADNESS! Lot's and LOTS of sadness. For two, Robin's dad was Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil as Tony Zucco-SUPER clever! Three, REALLY dark at times. And four, no fucking fourth wall breaking from a new character as a sad way for us to fucking relate to them.

Last edited:
Things that need to stop in Young Justice:

Robin deconstructing words.
"Hello, Megan!"
Kid Flash being Master Rochi.
Superman being a dick.

ALL THE SENSE MAKE!

And Netflix BETTER come through with that 3rd season.

But if you think Miss Martian saying "Hello Megan" is annoying, just WAIT until season 2! There...there's a character you will probably despise.

Tonight on Star Wars Rebels the most HILARIOUS slavery metaphor I've ever seen.
Seriously, REALLY glad Chopper has a C3PO in AV5, WELCOME TO THE REBELLION!

Adventure Time: The Thin Yellow Line

Huh...what a fun little twist!

You never know whose next to gain some sort of development on this show, and in this it was the entire Banana guard! For the longest time I just assumed they were all dumb because they were cloned from the same source, but as this episode implies they might just be ACTING dumb, suppressing any individuality for fear of being off model like the Rattleballs or the original Candy People(according to legend). It also ties into the negative consequences PB created in trying to create a solid kingdom, all the hard things she had to do for her kingdom made her subjects not just fear her as a their ruler, but as their GOD! Its also great seeing PB face her hubris time and time a gain.

Also there's a reference to KC Green's "Gunshow" who story boarded this episode!

AND NOW-myimpression of everyone whose seen tonight's episode of Star Wars Rebels-

"DAMMIT! Will the just kiss all ready?!"

Last edited:
The Goode Life

It's not Mike Judge's BEST work, definitely more classic sitcom style, but its still a damn good show. Also the daughter is voiced by Linda Cardellini, so that'll sate my CJ fix until JG unbenches her on Regular Show.

Apparently we're not getting more Steven Universe until June, so nothing but Bunnicula and TMNT for me until then!
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! I know there's plenty of other stuff, but its like an Apple of Eden type deal.

I'm hoping PB remembers she saw Magic Man's influence on Betty and Simon's crown, and something comes of it. Get 'em, Bonnibel!
Especially if it meant her studying magic in order to help her and IK.

ALSO-I read that SU was renewed for a 4th and fifth season...they are gonna do some CRAZY shit in that fourth season, I can bet that much, either way awesome. SO-let's get ready for two months of trying not watch those unintentionally leaked clips!

EDIT: Never mind on seasons 4 and 5, the second half of season two is now going to be called season 3, and seasons 4 and 5 are what was to be called season 3 originally...some needlessly confusing bull shit right there.

Last edited:
Especially if it meant her studying magic in order to help her and IK.

ALSO-I read that SU was renewed for a 4th and fifth season...they are gonna do some CRAZY shit in that fourth season, I can bet that much, either way awesome. SO-let's get ready for two months of trying not watch those unintentionally leaked clips!

EDIT: Never mind on seasons 4 and 5, the second half of season two is now going to be called season 3, and seasons 4 and 5 are what was to be called season 3 originally...some needlessly confusing bull shit right there.
You know, I thought the two-parter with Jasper and Peridot was the Season 1 finale, but according to the numbering on Hulu, it's not? So, I give up as far as figuring out the "seasons". Just keep the Steven coming.

Just in case anyone is interested, there is a Gravity Falls "choose your own adventure" book coming out this summer.

Alex Hirsch has said that the book will be non-canon, aside from having one major canon secret.