[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Any reason you're thinking of in particular?
You mean other than she held her captive in her ship for weeks and left her to die to save herself? And to see her with Steven, the only person she trusts, like it's nothing? That's going to be a big fight.

You mean other than she held her captive in her ship for weeks and left her to die to save herself? And to see her with Steven, the only person she trusts, like it's nothing? That's going to be a big fight.
FUCK YEAH-I mean to be fair Peridot had no idea WHAT happened to Jasper or Lapis-BUT STILL!

From Lapis's perspective that could easily be blame laid on Japser, or even Yellow Diamond.

But I meant in the sense that there might be no Lapis perspective anymore.

Though really as if Lapis needs a reason to hate...any Gem at this point that's currently on Earth. The Crystal Gems refused to free her from the mirror, Jasper imprisoned her as well(even though logistically she DID break the law), Peridot wanted to just freaking leave and gave up looking for her, and Yellow Diamond went up to at least nine MONTHS without inquiring why Peridot's crew hadn't checked in in the time allotted. Seriously, that ship got to Earth seemingly instantly, and should've taken the same ammount of time to get back, and NO-ONE questioned it until Peridot directly called Yellow Diamond? How busy are they?!

Last edited:
Star Wars Rebels: Tales of the Lasat

WATCH! THIS! EPISODE! Its fucking beautiful, the music, the colors-
the fact that Zeb is BASICALLY a techno-jedi
-its probably the best stand-alone this season.

Also there's an ep of Gumball called the Singal...its legit creepy.

Wow...I forgot about those books. I haven't read them since elementary school.
My mother is a school teacher and is waking up early to watch the show to see how it is. She's been a big fan of the books and reads them all the time in her classes.

Alright, I woke up early to watch Bunnicula. It's pretty cute... very reminiscent of Billy and Mandy in some ways . It has the same gross out factor, though Bunnicula plays the horror angle up a bit more and Chester is a better straight man than Grim because he gets to be afraid of everything. I especially like how any time Bunnicula drains a vegetable like a juice box he gets this really mess, jam faced look straight out of a Hammer Horror flick.

All in all, it's a good start to a cute kids show. I don't know if it's going to get the same kind of hype that other shows on the network get, but I think it's pretty fun.

Its an okay start, was kinda thrown off by the group dynamic though, especially since I remember the dog being ...SIGNIFICANTLY smarter in the book, every line of his I always envisioned with a wise British accent.

Its an okay start, was kinda thrown off by the group dynamic though, especially since I remember the dog being ...SIGNIFICANTLY smarter in the book, every line of his I always envisioned with a wise British accent.
See, I never read any of the books so I don't have this hang-up. He just reminds me of Runt from the Rita and Runt sketches on Animaniacs.

See, I never read any of the books so I don't have this hang-up. He just reminds me of Runt from the Rita and Runt sketches on Animaniacs.
...shit yeah he does look like Runt, and Chester is a gender-swapped Rita...but voiced by Raphael.

I read like two of them, but even with my vaguest memories I know this is one of the LOOSEST adaptations I've seen. In the books, Chester is a paranoid cat who distrusts Bunick solely on vampire stereotypes from what he's seen in books and movies. In this-COMPLETELY RATIONAL-because the little rabbit straight up attracts madness where ever he goes. In the book, Harold was as I said very smart, pretty much the straight man. In this: RUNT FROM ANIMANIACS!

I'm not saying its not fun, Maxwell Atoms makes sure of that, but it just feels like a needless shake-up.

B

BErt

HUGE fan of the books - I was very sad that nobody seemed to get the reference to my long time "help howls out now" title - and I kind of dug it. I'll keep watching. I don't mind the changes they made to Bunnicula to make him crazy-pants instead of just a rabbit that happens to have fangs, and I don't mind the change from two boys to a teenage girl. They are changes that are easy to make that also make it easier to turn into a cartoon series. The books as they were would never make a good cartoon show. Chester seemed true enough to his book character, the scared skeptic. My biggest issue like Yoshi said is that Harold was MUCH smarter in the books. He was still the "dumb dog" but there was always some hidden intelligence in there that made the character. And yes agreed, I couldn't quite figure out why exactly it bugged me until a friend also pointed it out, he is COMPLETELY Runt from Animaniacs.

Still though, cute show and a good first attempt. Hopefully it catches on. At the very least, I appreciate Cartoon Network for trying to bring back the "Saturday Morning Cartoon Block."

Yeah Nina's okay, kinda debating whether her name would work better if it was a pun on one of the original human characters names though. But that's just picking nits, as far as oblivious human owner's go she's okay.

Still though, cute show and a good first attempt. Hopefully it catches on. At the very least, I appreciate Cartoon Network for trying to bring back the "Saturday Morning Cartoon Block."
Their only competition in this regard is Nick and Nick basically does 5 hours of Spongebob with a new Power Rangers, Sange, TMNT, and Alvin and the Chipmunks occasionally... though I DO like the French import Miraculous Ladybug they've started showing. You need to remember that one of biggest reasons that the Weekday afternoon and Saturday Morning cartoon blocks went away was because Cartoon Network was stealing everyone's lunch in the 90's with Toonami and the Cartoon Cartoons. It's not surprising that they are still using the format.

B

BErt

Their only competition in this regard is Nick and Nick basically does 5 hours of Spongebob with a new Power Rangers, Sange, TMNT, and Alvin and the Chipmunks occasionally... though I DO like the French import Miraculous Ladybug they've started showing. You need to remember that one of biggest reasons that the Weekday afternoon and Saturday Morning cartoon blocks went away was because Cartoon Network was stealing everyone's lunch in the 90's with Toonami and the Cartoon Cartoons. It's not surprising that they are still using the format.
That's a fair point, but they seem to be making an extra effort now at "Hey, watch us on Saturday Morning!" with new Bunnicula, What's Cool Scooby Doo, and Wabbit instead of the endless blocks of Gumball and Teen Titans that they had been running. Yes, I know they just pushed these down to later in the afternoon on those days, but my point still stands.

I am all for their attempt to bring back the Saturday morning line-up, conditions kids to get up in the morning instead of sleeping in. If it means an inaccurate yet still fun version of a book I like, then so be it. My only complaint is that they need some action cartoons spliced in, but at this point it may be a pipe dream.

ALSO-

Wander Over Yonder

This season fucking KICKS you in the feel-zone this season, I highly recommend it.

I am all for their attempt to bring back the Saturday morning line-up, conditions kids to get up in the morning instead of sleeping in. If it means an inaccurate yet still fun version of a book I like, then so be it. My only complaint is that they need some action cartoons spliced in, but at this point it may be a pipe dream.
They still have Steven Universe on in the am, along with Nexo Knights, Transformers, and Pokemon. It's just that the line-up starts at 6 am and they have all of those on early in the morning.

I really need to catch up on Star Wars Rebels... and a lot of other shows.
It definitely starts stronger than Clone Wars, though it suffers in new ways here and there. It takes some time to warm up to the new crew, and the Inquisitor's lightsaber is Christmas Special-levels of ridiculous.

Still, though, there are some genuinely hype moments, and if you can get past Steve Blum voicing every single nameless soldier of the Empire (in addition to his role as a main character) it's a fun watch.

They still have Steven Universe on in the am, along with Nexo Knights, Transformers, and Pokemon. It's just that the line-up starts at 6 am and they have all of those on early in the morning.
Yeah its the 6 AM part that really bugs me, that's the Saturday Morning death-slot, too early even for kids. Its similar to the Comedy Central Death Slot being right after new South Park.

B

BErt

My issue is...Steven Univere is AMAZING - given that you've watched from episode 1... I can't comment on Nexo Knights, I haven't seen it...transformers RID is really trash. I'm saying that as an old ass man, but I have not seen anyone super excited about the new RiD. It just isn't good. Pokemon will always hold its own...

My point is, nothing is keeping its place to keep new things from jumping in. That's why I hope BUNNICULA can keep its foothold. There isn't anything else really in the vein of Billy and Mandy or Foster's right now.

My issue is...Steven Univere is AMAZING - given that you've watched from episode 1... I can't comment on Nexo Knights, I haven't seen it...transformers RID is really trash. I'm saying that as an old ass man, but I have not seen anyone super excited about the new RiD. It just isn't good. Pokemon will always hold its own...

My point is, nothing is keeping its place to keep new things from jumping in. That's why I hope BUNNICULA can keep its foothold. There isn't anything else really in the vein of Billy and Mandy or Foster's right now.
Pokemon isn't doing super amazing anymore. Yokai Watch has sort of eaten it's core in Japan, which is really all that matters as far as production is concerned. As for Robots in Disguise... I don't hate it, but it is a weak entry.

As for Robots in Disguise... I don't hate it, but it is a weak entry.
But still a better sequel than "Transformers Energon". "I got an idea, let's make it so there was a sword in Megatron all along, turn Starscream into a zombie, make the tolkien human even MORE annoying, and make Demolishor and Cyclonus have the dumbest new forms ever!"

At least Scourge and the original Cyclonus looked all sci-fi and shit, why was one of them a dump truck? I could go on all day about the Unicron trilogy in all honesty.

But still a better sequel than "Transformers Energon". "I got an idea, let's make it so there was a sword in Megatron all along, turn Starscream into a zombie, make the tolkien human even MORE annoying, and make Demolishor and Cyclonus have the dumbest new forms ever!"

At least Scourge and the original Cyclonus looked all sci-fi and shit, why was one of them a dump truck? I could go on all day about the Unicron trilogy in all honesty.
Not to mention they made Demolishor switch back to the Predacons for... what? After an entire SERIES of development, he gets shifted back essentially because they could.

Yeah, at least with Starscream it wasn't even a month before he went back to the Cons, by Energon Demolisher was all friendly and shit after like 20 years!

...I'LL TAKE IT-elleven minutes of actual super heroes is better than 6 hour marathons of bad parodies of them.

Last edited:
Today on "Wabbit" they had a skunk...that wasn't Peppy LePew...huh. Either that was a missed opportunity, or WB finally realized he's kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of a sexual predator.

Watching more Bunnicula. I had a surprisingly good laugh when Harold asks Chester for a bed time story and Chester picks up "Where the Red Fern Grows" and goes "Yeah, I ain't puttin' you through that."

Also, apparently Mina likes the Nicktoons show Breadwinners? That's the thing with the two ducks. Is there some cross over between the showrunners or something? I'm honestly surprised they did the parody to be honest.