[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

I'm slowly going through Lucky Star. I've seen a good handful of SoL anime at this point and figured I should get around to it. It's funny and I'm enjoying it, but unlike most other shows I've watched, even of similar make, I can't seem to do more than one or two episodes in a row before moving on to something else.

definitely slice of life

I didn't really like Lucky Star. Got repetitive quickly. Eventually I was only watching for Minoru Shiraishi singing and dancing the various ending themes

Heh, Yuru Yuri was also disappointing to me. Although that's because I didn't like Kyoko and then she got all the screen time. I did like her a lot when she dove down a staircase, hit her head, had a radical change of personality, and then none of her friends thought to call the hospital.

Heh, Yuru Yuri was also disappointing to me. Although that's because I didn't like Kyoko and then she got all the screen time. I did like her a lot when she dove down a staircase, hit her head, had a radical change of personality, and then none of her friends thought to call the hospital.
Funny thing is I only got to about episode 5 or so before dropping it during broadcast, ended up grabbing the whole thing and for some reason it seemed to be better a few episodes at a time. I think all in all Nichijou has been my favorite of the slice of life stuff, though for the most part I seem to end up watching romantic/comedy type stuff with the occasional harem show. I've watched Toradora! a few times now, and I end up re-watching Ah! My Goddess and various Tenchi series sometime during the year.

Am I the only one who thinks describing stuff like Lucky Star and Minami-ke as 'slice of life' is kind of odd? They're sitcoms. I mean you wouldn't call, say, Boy Meets World slice of life, would you?

I'd call Durarara!!! "slice of life"... only that slice of life is from a town that would make Twin Peaks or Greenvale look normal.

fade

Staff member
What's up with sexes on Soul Eater? The Chrona kid appears to be female, but everyone calls him a boy. All the witch prison guards clearly have breasts, but they speak in male voices on the translation. I'm confused.

fade

Staff member
Okay... this is me eating crow. Mmm mmm. Soul Eater got much better. To the point where I wasn't even sure I was watching the same show anymore. They dropped most of the annoying anime-isms pretty quick, and toned down the over the top stuff. It went from silly to goofy to semi-serious, to downright fucked-up scary. Those little multicolored scrabbling little three-eyed thingies were creepy as hell.
The kishin's revival was messed up, though it was a little disappointing that he turned out to be so human. oh well. Was surprised it was ki shin and not ki shen from their pronounciation. So---dead energy, not energy dragon, I guess.

Well, watching Black★Rock Shooter while waiting for more Smile Precure and Fate/Zero. So far, a girl with an oversized rifle has shot at a giant face. Then a different girl makes a friend. Now she's getting offered different colored walnuts

unrelated:

I watched a few episodes of BRS. Even after reading up on it in some wikis, I still have no idea what the hell is going on, so I ended up dropping it.

All I know is a little girl tried to shove a candy that looked a lot like a vagina in another girl's face.

I heard it's only going to be 8 episodes long, so at least it has the decency to be short.

Didn't know it was only 8 eps. Apparently Nisemonogatari is only 10, I have the last one downloaded but haven't watched it yet. I've got like 4 episodes of Natsume s4 to watch, too.

Hey, as a person who hasn't watched anime in..oh...like over a decade and recently enjoyed the visual splendor of the movie Redline, is there anything else you folks could recommend me? I mean, it doesn't have to match Redline, but I very much appreciate arresting visuals.

I admit it's a pretty original series, and a good shouneny take on the death in general. But does anyone else find it weird how Soul's name is...actually Soul? This is what I find weird, not the confusing super powers, not what happens to the souls the evil souls eat after their eaten by scythes, I'm confused about a character's parents name choice!

Been feeling a jones for You're Under Arrest! lately... keep meaning to pick up that series...
do it quickly man, its out of print...I payed almost 80 bucks to get it all, vol 11 is impossible to find outside box-set 4 which is now redonkulously expensive last I checked.

Hey, as a person who hasn't watched anime in..oh...like over a decade and recently enjoyed the visual splendor of the movie Redline, is there anything else you folks could recommend me? I mean, it doesn't have to match Redline, but I very much appreciate arresting visuals.
You might enjoy Karas. It's a movie in two parts: Karas: The Prophecy, Karas: The Revelation. I think it's a pretty stunning movie to watch with interesting characters.

Also, just going to throw this out there, Full Metal Panic! is one of my favorite animes of all time. And I highly recommend it to anyone.

Anyone else sick of people complaining about filler in cartoons? If you want something exactly like the manga then just read the freaking manga!