[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

GasBandit

Staff member
Redo of Healer -

The people who made this belong on some sort of watch list. I can tell it is trying to be gratuitously edgy and graphic, and it's only not full blown hentai because: it never explicitly shows a penis or vagina on screen. It literally shows everything else, including on-screen sex up to and including semen drips. But that's not the problem with the show. Near-hentai can be fun and enjoyable - just look at Interspecies Reviewers.

The problem is it is extremely squicky torture/rape revenge fantasy.

I said Arifureta was "problematic." I said certain arcs of Monogatari were squicky AND problematic. I said Death March had some scenes of questionable taste. There's lots of shows where you might think at one point "uhh, I'm not sure if I'm ok with what's going on on screen and how it's portrayed and justified?"

This is not that.

This is "Ok, this is definitely not ok."

And even with all that aside, the plot is a threadbare Shield Hero knockoff trying to appeal to the people who liked SH and Goblin Slayer for all the wrong reasons.

And it almost seems minor in comparison, but literally every non-hetero character is depicted as a violent deviant.

It'll probably be a big hit with the incel crowd, though. Because evil nasty mean women get their comeuppance.

GasBandit

Staff member
Jury's still out on "So I'm a spider." I'm not really sold on the human characters (that weren't in the manga yet get as much screen time as the MC) yet.

Jury's still out on "So I'm a spider." I'm not really sold on the human characters (that weren't in the manga yet get as much screen time as the MC) yet.
I kinda tune out during the human side, although Hugo can eat a bag of dicks. I'm here for the Aoi Yuuki show.

I noped out of Redo of Healer after episode 2. Ew.

So I watched this because I'm extremely bored and extremely awake and was wondering what anime is like 15+ years since I last really cared about anime and I gotta say. I had to literally Google what iseka which autocorrected to isekai is. Oh, fish out of it's own dimension's water. That's kinda rad, I guess, that there's enough to be it's own genre because that seems insane to me.

So I watched this because I'm extremely bored and extremely awake and was wondering what anime is like 15+ years since I last really cared about anime and I gotta say. I had to literally Google what iseka which autocorrected to isekai is. Oh, fish out of it's own dimension's water. That's kinda rad, I guess, that there's enough to be it's own genre because that seems insane to me.
Sadly nearly every show seems to be an isekai and the market feels oversaturated.

Not that isekai is anything new. Heck, original Digimon is an isekai, Inuyasha is an isekai... Every few seasons there was one show but now there are several in every season.

If you want to check out some shows, the top tier everybody seems to agree on whould probably be:

Overlord
Re:Zero
Rise of the shield hero
Reincarnation as a Slime
Konosuba

If you like Berserk you should also check out Goblin Slayer. Not a Isekai but set in a dark fantasy world.

Isekai, as a thing, is way older than most people remember... you could argue that Yu Yu Hakusho and Tenchi Muyo have elements of it, while both Magic Knight Rayearth and Escaflowne are straight up isekai. Hell, even Inuyasha is Isekai. Really, the foundations of a genre that has become "guy goes to another world where the girls actually want him" started with "young girl/s go to another world to find out the person they are". It's kind of shitty that it's moved from that too, especially into another vehicle for lonely men to beat it off to.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've been reading jobless reincarnation in manga form for a long time, so I'm glad to hear the anime adaptation is good. I will be giving it a watch.

I'm coming to the realization that that ideal LN story playing out in my head that I never got around to writing down was Horimiya all along. So it goes.

So. Househusband.

The rumors are true. It's bad. Think the Marvel Super Heroes cartoons from the mid-60s, or Back Street Girls. I didn't even make it three minutes into episode 1. I only lasted *that* long because of the OP.

So. Househusband.

The rumors are true. It's bad. Think the Marvel Super Heroes cartoons from the mid-60s, or Back Street Girls. I didn't even make it three minutes into episode 1. I only lasted *that* long because of the OP.
The manga confused me. Every story just end without any punchline, gag or solution. They just end. I guess the anime is the same.

GasBandit

Staff member
Anime I am watching (weekly): Spider.

Anime I have finished downloading and need to watch:
Attack on Titan (everything post season 1)
Beastars Season 2
Fire Force Season 2
Star Blazers 2202

Anime I am downloading but not watching yet:
Log Horizon Season 3
Dungeon Boonies
Jobless Reincarnation
My Hero Academia S5
Quintuplets S2

So much I want to watch, and then I don't. When I go to bed, for some reason, I find myself watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force. WHY? I have no idea.