Chattem
Walgreens
Progressive Insurance co
Guitar Center

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Volume 1:

Sonic
I don't know if you are really Texan as you claim.

Terrik

Terrik

Clearly he meant to add, "the Hedgehog"

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dumb ghetto DQ wannabe needs to get its shit together (or fire its advertising agency).

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

After I'd lived up here for 2 years, I was jonesing for sonic so badly I drove to Winchester VA (27 miles away) just to get some. And it sucked :(

Luckily, they've built one in Frederick (close to my job) that's pretty decent.

Now if only we could get Whataburger up here.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I hate...

Wal-Mart - even though they likely get more of my money than any one retailer.
Bad Drivers - I mean Jesus! driving is dangerous enough without you reading texts, shaving, eating cereal out of a bowl, and putting on your make up while driving 20 mph under the speed limit in the left lane.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Didn't we have a "Things I Hate" thread or did it get erased? Ah well, carry on with the hate venting.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Things I hate:

1) Anyone named Keith

2) Anyone not named Keith

Celt Z

Celt Z

Things I hate:

1) Anyone named Keith

2) Anyone not named Keith
Wow, it's Schrodinger's Keith.

phil

phil

I hate it when I'm in the Facebook messanger thing and I send out an invite to my friends like "hey guys, anyone want to do anything tonight? I was thinking of seeing this movie or getting some food at that place we like or any other number of things"

And I see the "seen by" list. I know y'all mother fuckers seen it. This ain't like texts 10 years ago when sometimes it really didn't go though. And I'm not saying they gotta drop whay they're doing and respond right away but like at some point in the night it'd be nice to at least get a "I'm busy tonight" instead of them just not saying anything.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Scott Walker.

fade

fade

There's not enough database space on Dave's server.

That's not something I hate, it's the reason I can't answer the question.

Jax

Jax

Inb4 Fade lists all the things in the unive... oh. Never mind.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

If there's something in the universe that fade likes, does it even exist?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Daily meetings, sometimes followed by weekly meetings, all with the same people.
The level of inconsideration it takes to always schedule the special meetings over my lunch hour. Time zones. Learn them.
People who type like borderline illiterates. "Do you no anyone who has a car for sale?" "I just learnt my camera!" "r u sure?" etc etc. I am fine with an omg or two....but I just can't with those examples.
People who hurt animals.

evilmike

evilmike

Inb4 Fade lists all the things in the unive... oh. Never mind.
In before Fade hates Hilbert's Hotel.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I hate boob sweat. It's so gross.

BErt

Tv commercials that open with an alarm clock going off. Certainly nobody ever falls asleep with the tv on.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I hate that song by Ugly Kid Joe.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Those that are intolerant of other peoples cultures and the Habs.

PatrThom

PatrThom

If there's something in the universe that fade likes, does it even exist?
Only long enough for him to learn of its existence.
Tv commercials that open with an alarm clock going off. Certainly nobody ever falls asleep with the tv on.
Radio commercials with sirens/horns/etc.

As for me, it's a toss-up between people who refuse to change their stance even when confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary, or else people who decide to cut corners to save time/money for themselves, thereby offloading that extra work/expense onto others.

--Patrick

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Those that are intolerant of other peoples cultures and the Habs.
I'm confused. Do you hate the Habs, or do you hate Leafs fans?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I hate boob sweat. It's so gross.
the worst!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

. . . which one of us stupid halforumen is gonna say how we like boobsweat if only because it means the women complaining about it must be nicely endowed?

Oh. It's me.

Sorry.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

lol...

I should have added having a large chest to things I hate.

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Someone mentioned a large chest?

Pirate.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

lol...

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

omg yes!!

So very true!

I also slop food all over my boobs where for other people it would land on their lap.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Volume 2:
College Football
USAA
Church's Chicken
RV dealers
The Texas Department of Public Safety[DOUBLEPOST=1445724517,1445724277][/DOUBLEPOST]
omg yes!!

So very true!

I also slop food all over my boobs where for other people it would land on their lap.

Bustygirlcomics.com

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Dei

Dei

omg yes!!

So very true!

Ehhhh, I do not have large boobs and still do this with food.

PatrThom

PatrThom

lol...

Unknown.jpeg

--Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

Body spray, cologne, perfume...they're all disgusting and make me cough. If i ever had to date again for whatever reason, that would be a huge dealbreaker.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

GasBandit

GasBandit

Let me tell ya, seeing that guy in person is an experience.

Eriol

Eriol

PatrThom

PatrThom

What?

Pudding skin is where it's AT!
...no matter what George Carlin says.

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

lol...

Amirite?

fade

fade

I on the other hand have no problem with busty girls. Please give them my number.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

so right!!

Also buying suit jackets that fit giant boobs and normal shoulders is brutal. Blouses aren't possible. I have to wear tight little t shirts with my blazers and omg there is no taking off the blazer in work company lol!! "Can I take your jacket?" they say. "Hell no!" I say.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I have to wear tight little t shirts
:)

Celt Z

Celt Z

so right!!

Also buying suit jackets that fit giant boobs and normal shoulders is brutal. Blouses aren't possible. I have to wear tight little t shirts with my blazers and omg there is no taking off the blazer in work company lol!! "Can I take your jacket?" they say. "Hell no!" I say.
Someday I'd like to buy a shirt that buttons in the front and doesn't require me to put a safety pin in between the bust gap. :mad:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Headaches.
Hangovers.
Being alone.
Being with people.
Having too much to do.
Having nothing to do.
Having just the right amount of things to do but no motivation to do them.
Working when everybody else is free.
Not working when everyone else is working.
Spending all of my time behind the computer.
Not being near my computer.
Being angry.
Being passive.
Frustrations.
Belgian politics.
American politics.
Global politics.
Backroom deals.
People insisting everything be done completely and totally transparently.
Not getting a say.
Everyone getting a say and nothing moving because of it.
Not getting stuff done.
Lists.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Subway. We are on out family adventure and it's off to a dubious start. Subway went Pepsi. Assholes.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Someday I'd like to buy a shirt that buttons in the front and doesn't require me to put a safety pin in between the bust gap. :mad:
I had one time, while wearing a uniform tuxedo shirt, I sneezed and it blew out the button that was at my boobs. The pit boss who was with me thought it was the funniest thing she ever saw.

Null

Null

I had one time, while wearing a uniform tuxedo shirt, I sneezed and it blew out the button that was at my boobs. The pit boss who was with me thought it was the funniest thing she ever saw.
That would be pretty funny to see in person. It'd be like a Tex Avery cartoon.

phil

phil

Kids, man. I just hate 'em. Like, you're just yelling because you don't know how words work yet. No one gives a shit. But you can't just tell them that. You just gotta let them scream and make BLAAAAAAAHHHHH noises until the parents get embarrassed enough to take them someplace else. They're still assholes, but they get a pass for not knowing any better. I accept it but I don't have to like it.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Butter traces in my Nutella.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

That would be pretty funny to see in person. It'd be like a Tex Avery cartoon.
It was. At the time I didn't think it was very funny. I was standing in the high roller area with basically a window on my cleavage. But looking back it was definitely something straight out of a cartoon, including the kind of "PEW-TING!" when it flew off and hit the CRT of my computer.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

That's the first thing I thought of

Zappit

Zappit

Needles. God, I hate needles. (When you've got kidney disease, there's always needles.) Oh, and biopsies! That's a giant fucking needle-drill from Hell.

I also don't care for people who use like as sentence fillers.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Butterfaces covered in my Nutella.
FTFY

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

fade

fade

So, uh, what else is bad about big boobs? I'm writing a book on the topic and I need more research material.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Low carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah and all Kabbalah related products, hi-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hotspots, the OC, the UN, recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys, Jeff that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much, the Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything everything everything everything everything everything everything everything that exists! Past, present and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions.

Oh

And Hugh Jackman.

Cajungal

Cajungal

...Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I prefer smaller boobs...shhhh, don't tell anyone. I'll lose my man card.

(I've dated women in the past with spectacularly large breasts. They evidently create all kinds of problems with back pain, fitting in clothes, etc--and you know, smaller ones are just as fun to play with)

PatrThom

PatrThom

smaller ones are just as fun to play with)
<doorstop.gif>

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

I prefer smaller boobs...shhhh, don't tell anyone. I'll lose my man card.

(I've dated women in the past with spectacularly large breasts. They evidently create all kinds of problems with back pain, fitting in clothes, etc--and you know, smaller ones are just as fun to play with)
"Everything over a handful is a waste" as the saying goes...Though I like my big soft warm pillow :D

(don't tell my girlfriend I called them that. I'll lose booby-sleeping-privileges)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm gonna reiterate and lament about button-up shirts not closing properly! :( And I don't even think my boobs are outrageous (I consider them average and lovely), so why can't they make shirts that just button up with out that gap??

I also hate pranks.

And pizza.

...and chocolate (with a few exceptions).

Dei

Dei

[emoji79]

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

[emoji79]

I KNOW.

I'm frequently labeled the party ruin- er. :(

Emrys

Emrys

I'm gonna reiterate and lament about button-up shirts not closing properly! :( And I don't even think my boobs are outrageous (I consider them average and lovely), so why can't they make shirts that just button up with out that gap??

I also hate pranks.

And pizza.

...and chocolate (with a few exceptions).
That's OK, sweetie. I'll eat your pizza and chocolate for you. That's just the generous kind of person that I am.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Volume 3:
Stupid coworkers
Lazy coworkers
Coworkers with attitudes
Micromanagement
Coworkers who expect me to drop whatever I am doing to fix a problem/mistake of yet another coworker
Coworkers who think they know enough to second guess me on IT issues.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I'm sensing a commonality in your post there, Gas, but I just can't quite put my finger on it.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

That's OK, sweetie. I'll eat your pizza and chocolate for you. That's just the generous kind of person that I am.
Aw, you're the best! :heart:

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I'm sensing a commonality in your post there, Gas, but I just can't quite put my finger on it.
Me too. Something about partly cloudy days I think.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

...Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.
The movie or him as Wolverine in general?[DOUBLEPOST=1445889933,1445889820][/DOUBLEPOST]Also people who sell "health products" that are part of an MLM and have no basis in science.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Also people who sell "health products" that are part of an MLM and have no basis in science.
Oh yeah!

That QRay bracelet. And all that Pseudoscience bullshit. So everything Scientological, too. Including Tom Cruise.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have a friend who is allergic to chocolate and her boyfriend is allergic to cats. What a sad situation :(

PatrThom

PatrThom

Look closer to the middle, I'm sure you'll spot it.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

People who throw their cigarette butts out the car window.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Oh yeah!

That QRay bracelet. And all that Pseudoscience bullshit. So everything Scientological, too. Including Tom Cruise.
The big thing here lately has been essential oils. I like them for the smell, generally. I do think there is some connotation between scent and emotion. I use lavender candles at night to help my kids relax. Does it work? Maybe. It's part of their bedtime routine, so maybe it's just a signal that it is time to wind down the evening. It smells nice though.

However, to say taking a certain blend of essential oils is going to prevent illness and disease is just irresponsible. It makes me more angry that a friend I made on the island who sells this stuff has a degree in microbiology. She is making claims based on pseudoscience, like essential oil blends can cure MRSA and cancer. What the-everloving-fuck! Her college should revoke her degree IMO.

Edited to clarify that the claims are for taking essential oils internally, not applying them to the skin like perfume.

Dei

Dei

Hangover headaches + A 9 year old girl that won't stop talking

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Hangover headaches + A 9 year old girl that won't stop talking
Y'know, both of those are things you could've avoided with abstinence. :p

PS. I hate abstinence. Especially forced abstinence.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Y'know, both of those are things you could've avoided with abstinence. :p
If you'd a been there.
If you'd a seen it.
I tell ya you would have done the same.
(tango music)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I don't like cake, chocolate chip cookies, or ice cream.

In all instances I find cheesecake, oatmeal raisin, and gelato to be superior in every way.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Gelato is superior to everything on that list.

Bubble181

Bubble181

a friend I made on the island
Wasabi is The Arrow!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Since I'm Wasabi does that make me the Green Arrow?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Wasabi Arrow.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

Cajungal

Cajungal

The movie or him as Wolverine in general?[DOUBLEPOST=1445889933,1445889820][/DOUBLEPOST]Also people who sell "health products" that are part of an MLM and have no basis in science.
It's from Scrubs. I was playing off of Chad.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

It's from Scrubs. I was playing off of Chad.
Oh. Sorry. I didn't watch Scrubs. :/

Dei

Dei

Oh. Sorry. I didn't watch Scrubs. :/
But.... But...

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I don't watch a lot of tv.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...says the lady who uses a Daria gif to reply to the question.

fade

fade

That reminds me--and I am NOT directing this at WasabiPoptart, because she did not do this--I hate when people brag about their non-mainstream life choices. No one cares at best, and at worst you're implying everyone else made a poor choice when you rave about how much better your life is. I have had arguments with people who insist the latter is not true, they're just talking about themselves. But that's impossible. You cannot talk about how bad something is without implying that it's a poor decision. And you can't add "for me" to the end of that sentence like a magical salve, either. That doesn't work.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Like the classic no offense but....

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Game maintenance that starts before I get home from work and doesn't end until after I've already gone to bed.

Double hate when it's a cold, windy, rainy day.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Pinky Paradise.

Everyone raves about you but you've been nothing but trouble for me. I really hate you. I wish you weren't one of the only companies to sell colored contacts in my prescription.

Dei

Dei

Game maintenance that starts before I get home from work and doesn't end until after I've already gone to bed.

Double hate when it's a cold, windy, rainy day.
But Blizzard game maintenance has been on Tuesdays since forever! I feel after this many years it's too late to bitch about it. ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

But Blizzard game maintenance has been on Tuesdays since forever! I feel after this many years it's too late to bitch about it. ;)
The only day I get off work EVERY week is Tuesday.
It's like they know I have chores or something.

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I get it for WoW but it still bugs me that I can't just play Diablo solo when I want to ... Offline ...

Jax

Jax

Threads that disguise themselves as something else but in reality are yet another rant thread

Terrik

Terrik

I hate the spider that i let live yesterday.

I carefully swept you into a tupperware container, even after you evaded it multiple times and ran over my foot. I was terrified, but did not slaughter you.

After I caught you, I briefly considered flushing you down the toilet, or possibly setting the container, and incidentally you, on fire but I did not.

When I placed you outside between the palm plants on the mulch, I felt good about myself. I overcame my hatred for your kind for a brief moment and I even allowed a small smile to creep on my face.

So when that lizard ran out from under the bush and devoured you in less than 5 seconds in front of my own eyes, thus erasing all the work I had just done to preserve your life, despite your terrible crime of breaking the social human-spider contract of entering my home, I realized I should have just squashed your miserable body and saved myself the trouble.

Jerk.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Spoiled brat princess coworkers.

Emrys

Emrys

People who hurt animals maliciously
Students who ask me for information that is in the instructions that they should be reading anyway
Students who ask me the same thing over and over in the hopes that I'll change my mind (not a good move; if I change my mind, it won't be in their favour)
-40F/C with wind
Haggis

GasBandit

GasBandit

I carefully swept you into a tupperware container, even after you evaded it multiple times and ran over my foot. I was terrified, but did not slaughter you.

After I caught you, I briefly considered flushing you down the toilet, or possibly setting the container, and incidentally you, on fire but I did not.

When I placed you outside between the palm plants on the mulch, I felt good about myself. I overcame my hatred for your kind for a brief moment and I even allowed a small smile to creep on my face.

So when that lizard ran out from under the bush and devoured you in less than 5 seconds in front of my own eyes, thus erasing all the work I had just done to preserve your life, despite your terrible crime of breaking the social human-spider contract of entering my home, I realized I should have just squashed your miserable body and saved myself the trouble.

Jerk.
My opinion on spiders is I'd rather have the spider in the house than whatever the spider is eating.

Of course, my tolerance has limits. See past posts in the "not so funny pic" thread for details.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Jerk.

Just as an aside, placing a spider you find inside outdoors is not sparing its life. You're moving it from its habitat, and it will now likely starve to death or get eaten by a lizard.

Just squish the bastards. They knew what they were doing when they became visible, which is strictly against the human/spider alliance agreement.

Terrik

Terrik

Just as an aside, placing a spider you find inside outdoors is not sparing its life. You're moving it from its habitat, and it will now likely starve to death or get eaten by a lizard.

Just squish the bastards. They knew what they were doing when they became visible, which is strictly against the human/spider alliance agreement.
It was a wolf spider. Try tend to line the perimeter of my house outside. If It happens to rain, they'll start climbing the walls. Probably got in when I had the garage door open the other day.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My opinion on spiders is I'd rather have the spider in the house than whatever the spider is eating.

Of course, my tolerance has limits. See past posts in the "not so funny pic" thread for details.
I'm content to let spiders live..unless they're one of the more noxious varieties, like black widow or brown recluse. My wife, on the other hand, is on the "kill it with fire" side of the argument.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm content to let spiders live..unless they're one of the more noxious varieties, like black widow or brown recluse. My wife, on the other hand, is on the "kill it with fire" side of the argument.
Yeah, been there.

Dei

Dei

We have so many red ants around our yard that we can never get rid of because the HOA won't exterminate the fuckers in the open space, that I am perfectly content to let the spiders live in my house. Unless they drop on my face or something, then fuck them.

GasBandit

GasBandit

We have so many red ants around our yard that we can never get rid of because the HOA won't exterminate the fuckers in the open space, that I am perfectly content to let the spiders live in my house. Unless they drop on my face or something, then fuck them.
Hah... Fire Ants are just a way of life, down here. Amdro does brisk, brisk business.

Dei

Dei

I constantly see black ants and fire ants going to war on my back porch during the summer.

fade

fade

I remember when fireants came to SC when I was a kid. One summer, the backyard suddenly looked like Caddyshack. The black ants would sting and you'd go, "Ouch, a black ant stung me." Then, fireants came around and it was like, "MOTHER OF GOD HOW CAN ONE TINY ANT STING LIKE THAT OH NO THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THEM ON MY FEET"

My dad's solution for extermination was gasoline. Works on beehives and anthills. For whatever reason, it kills them dead instantly. Some people light it, but that's overkill and dangerous. No need. The gas itself kills 'em dead. Also kills the grass, though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I constantly see black ants and fire ants going to war on my back porch during the summer.
Our war is long over. We, like the black ants, lost.

Those are supposedly all fire ant mounds.[DOUBLEPOST=1445976046,1445975986][/DOUBLEPOST]
I remember when fireants came to SC when I was a kid. One summer, the backyard suddenly looked like Caddyshack. The black ants would sting and you'd go, "Ouch, a black ant stung me." Then, fireants came around and it was like, "MOTHER OF GOD HOW CAN ONE TINY ANT STING LIKE THAT OH NO THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THEM ON MY FEET"

My dad's solution for extermination was gasoline. Works on beehives and anthills. For whatever reason, it kills them dead instantly. Some people light it, but that's overkill and dangerous. No need. The gas itself kills 'em dead. Also kills the grass, though.
My great grandma poured boiling water on the mounds. Not quite so bad for the plants, but also not as guaranteed a complete kill.

Terrik

Terrik

Haha, burn the field.

fade

fade

Looks like ... San Marcos area? Green grass but scrubby trees.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Haha, burn the field.
Oh, you just get used to living with them. You simply learn to watch for and not step on the mounds, and also whenever you are not on pavement/sidewalk, you don't stop walking. You just keep moving. Stand any one place on grass for too long, you're going to get bit.[DOUBLEPOST=1445976304,1445976194][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like ... San Marcos area? Green grass but scrubby trees.
Could be, I've seen areas around Fort Worth that kinda look like that, too. I got the picture from Texas A&M, who, for the information our non-Texan fellow forum users, is the world's leading research authority on Red Imported Fire Ants.

Terrik

Terrik

Oh, you just get used to living with them. You simply learn to watch for and not step on the mounds, and also whenever you are not on pavement/sidewalk, you don't stop walking. You just keep moving. Stand any one place on grass for too long, you're going to get bit.
I know. I live in Florida after all. We have several varieties of fire ant. Like Fade, I use to pour gasoline on them. There was also the joy of mowing over their mounds with the lawnmower. Or feeding them to antlions.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Y'all are making Ontario sound nicer and nicer. Ants that sting, your making that up, right? No one here has that problem.

And the spiders are tiny harmless things (and there ain't no lizards hanging about to threaten them)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Y'all are making Ontario sound nicer and nicer. Ants that sting, your making that up, right? No one here has that problem.

And the spiders are tiny harmless things (and there ain't no lizards hanging about to threaten them)
Psh, next you'll be telling me you've never been stalked by a coyote on your evening walk, and don't have to worry about rattlesnakes or Africanized (AKA "Killer") bees, and your property has never been ravaged by feral hogs.

Dei

Dei

Well, I've had all those except the feral hogs... Though usually the coyotes bail as soon as they are spotted. I live too far east for the other animal issues, bears and mountain lions.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, I've had all those except the feral hogs... Though usually the coyotes bail as soon as they are spotted. I live too far east for the other animal issues, bears and mountain lions.
My uncle had to weld himself a special trap to catch the damn hogs. But hey, at the reunion every year, he brings sausage.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Psh, next you'll be telling me you've never been stalked by a coyote on your evening walk, and don't have to worry about rattlesnakes or Africanized (AKA "Killer") bees, and your property has never been ravaged by feral hogs.
Raccoons get into my trash.

PatrThom

PatrThom

People who can't be arsed to put back their unwanted purchases in the grocery store. Nothing like reaching back on the shelf for a bag of egg noodles only to have your hand goosh into a formerly frozen chicken that's probably been sitting there on the shelf for a few hours, leaking over all the bags. Yuck.

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

In Hawaii we have: fire ants (2 varieties), centipedes (several species), scorpions, black and brown widows (plus other spiders), wild boar and feral pigs, feral dogs, feral cats, feral chickens (yes really), and 19 species of cockroaches. There's been a rash of shark attacks recently, too. No snakes though.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Yet. ;)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I know you're kidding, but honestly the local governments are crazy about keeping snakes off of the islands. There's even a statewide hotline to call if you spot one alive or dead.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Wait wait wait... I'd just like to note that this thread is the second confirmed sighting of Fade liking something. And, perhaps not coincidentally, the thing he likes is once again boobs.

Emrys

Emrys

I do not miss fire ants. Nasty little buggers.

fade

fade

Wait wait wait... I'd just like to note that this thread is the second confirmed sighting of Fade liking something. And, perhaps not coincidentally, the thing he likes is once again boobs.
Well I mean, come on.

Null

Null

Well I mean, come on.
Coming on boobs would definitely belong in the NSFW threads.

PatrThom

PatrThom

TNikioC.jpg

So...@fade actually likes TWO things.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I hope all Mattress Firm locations burn to the ground with their staff trapped inside.

Tress

Tress

What is Mattress Firm, and why are they so deserving of a fiery death?

Dei

Dei

Judging by his other posts in this thread, it probably has to do with their ad space.

GasBandit

GasBandit

They're a retail chain that sells mattresses. They are charlatans and hucksters (I did actually visit them when I was looking for a new bed, they are robbers), and their advertising rotation is egregiously convoluted.

fade

fade

I guess technically they'd be burglars, unless they're armed.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I guess technically they'd be burglars, unless they're armed.
The lady "helping" me did in fact carry an inordinately thick yardstick and wore a predatory glare...

Eriol

Eriol

Sounds like Visions Electronics in Canada. Their staff is on commission. They will say literally anything to get the sale credited to them. For example, was shopping for a TV, they didn't have it, but "claimed" the store across town did, so wanted me to pay here (where he'd get a commission), and with a proof of sale, pick it up at the other store. I was skeptical, so just left and went across town... where they proceeded to tell me that it wasn't there, but they could sell it to me and pick it up across town... where I started. :Leyla:

I'd had bad experiences before just walking around in those places, but that one utterly proved to me how scumbag they are.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Sounds like Visions Electronics in Canada. Their staff is on commission. They will say literally anything to get the sale credited to them. For example, was shopping for a TV, they didn't have it, but "claimed" the store across town did, so wanted me to pay here (where he'd get a commission), and with a proof of sale, pick it up at the other store. I was skeptical, so just left and went across town... where they proceeded to tell me that it wasn't there, but they could sell it to me and pick it up across town... where I started. :Leyla:

I'd had bad experiences before just walking around in those places, but that one utterly proved to me how scumbag they are.
I love commissioned sales. The first thing I do after negotiations start is bypass them and talk to the manager. The manager will gladly gut the sales guy's commission just to make a sale. I usually get mattresses at least 50% off the sale price.

My technique: Walk in, tell them what you're looking for, ask about price, hear what they have to offer by way of a "deal". When they tell me that's the best deal they can do, I ask to speak to a manager to try to get a better deal. Oftentimes, that doesn't work. So I look at my phone and say "Well, you're number 3 on the list. I have 4 more stores to hit, and since you all sell the same mattresses, I'm going to buy from whichever store gives me the best price. Can I have your card? I'll call you if I can't do better than your price."

At that point, the manager knows that if I leave the store, that they'll never hear from me again. I've politely told them that I'm going to hit stores until I get the price I want, and it won't be them because they offered me a shitty deal. Sometimes, they let me leave or offer me crap offers like "We'll throw in a free pillow set!". But at least half the time, they give me their best deal on the spot, because a sale with shitty commission is better than no sale at all. If it's in the 50% off range, I'll take it on the spot.

I've never, ever, had to call anyone back because I ran out of stores and they ended up having the best deal.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm terrible at driving a hard bargain at commissioned sale stores. Pauline was better than me. I'm certain every piece of furniture I've purchased in the last 2 years, I got robbed.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm terrible at driving a hard bargain at commissioned sale stores. Pauline was better than me. I'm certain every piece of furniture I've purchased in the last 2 years, I got robbed.
Most furniture stores pay 20-40% of the advertised price..usually on the lower end of that scale. You should be able to get them down to 50-60% of the advertised price, especially if you're paying cash and letting them know you're buying on the spot. There's a lot of margin to play around with in the furniture world.

You lose negotiating position if you have to finance or use a credit card.

Sometimes, it's best to just be blunt and say "I'm paying cash. I have X dollars to spend. Can you make me a deal?" (Say you have around 60% sale price). If they say no, be prepared to walk. Sometimes you have to hit 2 or 3 places before someone wants to play ball. If they quote you a higher price than you offered, but it's what you're willing to pay, try to get some free shit out of it. I had a sales person refuse to come below 70% on a nice marble-topped dining table once. So I ended up agreeing to it, but I got 6 dining room chairs thrown in for free. Since I was going to be buying new chairs anyway, the total price ended up in the range that I was looking for.

Always, always always try to get them to throw in free delivery after you've negotiated price. They usually will. Especially if you let them talk you up from the amount you said you could spend--that's your bargaining chip. "Well, I only had $300 to spend, but now I'm spending $400. And you want to charge me $75.00 for shipping? I can't afford it." Then you just wait. Don't argue past that point, no matter what they say. Just look at them until they agree on free shipping. They'll feel the sale slipping from their fingers.

It probably helps that I have the confidence from having done software development with a guy who owned a furniture store, and actually have gone to the giant wholesale furniture convention in Tupelo and seen the wholesale prices.

Be prepared for this tactic: They try to steer you toward "more affordable" furniture and make you feel like you're a poor/cheap/shitty person for not having enough money to spend. At that point, I just thank them and walk. Because, yeah, I could spend more if I wanted to. I just don't want to. :D

PatrThom

PatrThom

Judging by his other posts in this thread, it probably has to do with their ad space.
I thought it was because he had to come up with mattress(es) on short notice due to his unexpected familial arrivals, and the mattress place smelled that he was a "motivated" shopper.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Oh, something I just found out about recently.

If you have a Big Lots near you, check to see if they sell furniture. Sometimes they do. They sell the same national brands that you can find at stores like Ashley Furniture. But usually at "so low you don't need to negotiate" prices. At least the one around here does.

We got a couch a couple of years ago when we bought the house. I talked them down to somewhere around $300-ish (though that's a fuzzy number, because it was part of a package deal that included a coffee table, love seat, end tables and lazy boy--incidentally, that whole setup cost me about $1000..less than half what all the individual pieces cost added up). Found the exact same sofa at Big Lots while we were doing the man cave down stairs..for $298. I did have to pay for delivery, though..they don't deliver. I hadda hire an independent guy to come bring it.

So, protip: If you don't like to negotiate, hit up a Big Lots ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Good to know. I think there is a Big Lots down on the south side.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I always negotiated great deals at Future Shop. I miss them :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

McDonald's.

Also thanksgiving.

strawman

strawman

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My new boss :(

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Being referred to as a girl (e.g: gamer girl, a jeans and tee kind of girl, "Things a Girl Wants" when discussing adult relationships, etc.). I am well over the age of 18. Plus I don't like the implication that I shouldn't be taken seriously. It's not cute. It's not funny. It's demeaning.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Being referred to as a girl (e.g: gamer girl, a jeans and tee kind of girl, "Things a Girl Wants" when discussing adult relationships, etc.). I am well over the age of 18. Plus I don't like the implication that I shouldn't be taken seriously. It's not cute. It's not funny. It's demeaning.
You go gi- err, nevermind.

(don't hurt me)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Unfortunately, the group gets its reputation based on its most extreme members, much like "Americans," or "Islamists."
2ec.gif

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Four day weekends. Last week was horrific getting ready for the weekend, then the weekend is long enough to get you used to the idea of not going into work any more, and then MONDAY rips that band-aid RIGHT OFF.

Terrik

Terrik

4 exams in a row. How the hell do I study for all of them.

PatrThom

PatrThom

4 exams in a row. How the hell do I study for all of them.
One bite at a time.

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Unfortunately, the group gets its reputation based on its most extreme members, much like "Americans," or "Islamists."
View attachment 19776

--Patrick
Regardless of behavior, it does not make that person in the gif a "girl". My daughter is a girl because she's 6 years old.
Squidleybits is not a "girl" for liking adorable stuffed bears. Emrys is not a "girl" because she squees enthusiastically over kittensnakes. I'm not a "girl" because I have princess stickers on my laptop and get silly crushes on fictional characters (Jamie Fraser, Glenn Rhee, Han Solo, Urahara Kisuke...). We are all above the age of 18. I think we earned the right to like what we like and express that however we wish without it meaning that we're children.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Regardless of behavior, it does not make that person in the gif a "girl". My daughter is a girl because she's 6 years old.
Squidleybits is not a "girl" for liking adorable stuffed bears. Emrys is not a "girl" because she squees enthusiastically over kittensnakes. I'm not a "girl" because I have princess stickers on my laptop and get silly crushes on fictional characters (Jamie Fraser, Glenn Rhee, Han Solo, Urahara Kisuke...). We are all above the age of 18. I think we earned the right to like what we like and express that however we wish without it meaning that we're children.
No, no...you misunderstand. The label gets applied because people like the one in the .GIF decide (in their enthusiasm) to call themselves "gamer girls," and so the label gets applied broadly (by others who see them calling themselves this) as a convenient way to describe ♀+Gamez.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

No, no...you misunderstand. The label gets applied because people like the one in the .GIF decide (in their enthusiasm) to call themselves "gamer girls," and so the label gets applied broadly as a convenient way to describe ♀+Gamez.

--Patrick
Pat, you can't win this one. This is a berzerk button issue for Wasabi - it doesn't matter that "girl" is colloquially used to reference a female of any age, as often is "boy" ("I'm just a simple country boy" said grandpa, etc), it makes the societal connection that youth is directly linked to value/desirability but simultaneously implying inexperience as implicit in the exchange. Plus there's the whole "just a girl" thing that implies weakness and needing to be shepherded through a dangerous, complicated world and whatnot.

Point is, this is not an issue that can be reasoned. It's a non-starter. Even tangentially related topics take AoE damage and are good as gone.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

No, no...you misunderstand. The label gets applied because people like the one in the .GIF decide (in their enthusiasm) to call themselves "gamer girls," and so the label gets applied broadly as a convenient way to describe ♀+Gamez.

--Patrick
I think it also has to do with "man" and "woman" sounding too formal. I only use those when purposefully emphasizing the adultness of a person. "S/He's a grown woman/man," etc. If referring to myself, I'd use the more informal "guy," whereas the female variant of that, "gal," sounds antiquated, like it's out of the 50's. So then "girl" becomes the default, for lack of a better term. Combine this with uses such as the "girl power" movement, etc, and it becomes the new standard lexicon.

Though, I certainly won't use it to describe Wasabi, now that I know how much she dislikes it.

grub

grub

You could always use broad, chick, babe, wench. There are other non-formal ways.

I don't recommend any of them if you want to continue breathing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I generally use "woman" but somehow I usually still tick whoever it is off. Probably because I address them specifically with the word instead of their name. :p

Emrys

Emrys

I generally use "woman" but somehow I usually still tick whoever it is off. Probably because I address them specifically with the word instead of their name. :p
As in "Yo, woman, make me a sammich"?

GasBandit

GasBandit

As in "Yo, woman, make me a sammich"?
Not exactly, more like "Dammit, woman, you know good and well that's not what I meant."

Emrys

Emrys

Not exactly, more like "Dammit, woman, you know good and well that's not what I meant."
Yo, GasBandit, make me a sammich!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

No, no...you misunderstand. The label gets applied because people like the one in the .GIF decide (in their enthusiasm) to call themselves "gamer girls," and so the label gets applied broadly (by others who see them calling themselves this) as a convenient way to describe ♀+Gamez.

--Patrick
O I C

I don't care if people want to call themselves a girl. The generalization, and use of the term, by larger society is what makes me want to shoot fire out of my eyeballs.

But Gas is right. This is a hot button issue for me. I see "fashions for bigger girls" or "girls who wear glasses" to describe something that is for/about adults and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

You could always use broad, chick, babe, wench. There are other non-formal ways.

I don't recommend any of them if you want to continue breathing.
Oddly enough I don't mind "chick".

PatrThom

PatrThom

This is a berzerk button issue for Wasabi - it doesn't matter that "girl" is colloquially used to reference a female of any age, as often is "boy" ("I'm just a simple country boy" said grandpa, etc)
That's not what I was speaking to.
O I C
I don't care if people want to call themselves a girl. The generalization, and use of the term, by larger society is what makes me want to shoot fire out of my eyeballs.
...but fortunately WP got what I meant. I suppose it's the same thing as when a white guy uses the N-word ("Hey that's our word, you aren't allowed use it like that").
Also, until now, I didn't know this was a hot-button thing with WP. I can appreciate the desire for real and honest accuracy (calling cassia "cinnamon," using "literally" to mean "figuratively," etc), but I will say that improper use of this particular pronoun does not bother me anywhere near as much as it bothers WP.
Yo, GasBandit, make me a sammich!
ferret-wish-130107b-bg.jpg

--Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

whereas the female variant of that, "gal," sounds antiquated, like it's out of the 50's.
:okay:

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's ok. You've got moxie.

--Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

It's ok. You've got moxie.

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Emrys

Emrys

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

We're gonna need a bigger mop.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

It's okay Cajungirl. Don't cry. Don't worry your pretty little head. :hide:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Co-op billing.

SO MUCH HATE

Dei

Dei

Other people('s insurance companies)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Notaries and the entire concept of notarization.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Packing peanuts/bubbles, and unnecessary plastic wrap around anything.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

The fact that my favorite fan-comic NC as a child NC comix is now CRAMMED with Poker ads and pop-ups! It was bad enough knowing these couldn't get published, it was bad enough knowing it wouldn't update anymore, but they fucking made a non-corporate fan sit....COMMERCIAL! DEATH! DEATH TO THEM I SAY!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sonic.
Nissan.
Geico.

And, as usual, McDonald's.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Barb Murphy and her stupid Fifth Third Bank ads.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Popcorn hulls.

EDIT:
877bf8f285a4a458e76339df74fe1a11.jpg

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrr...

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Agreed. Those suck!

Jax

Jax

That left tooth :awesome:

Emrys

Emrys

That left tooth :awesome:
Doesn't it have the best expressions?

Dave

Dave

Snooze buttons. Seriously. My daughter and her boyfriend (who live downstairs) have turned theirs off today for going on two hours now. Every few minutes it's *beep* *beep* *beep* and then they shut it off. So now I'm listening to music real loud and will vacuum soon.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Snooze buttons. Seriously. My daughter and her boyfriend (who live downstairs) have turned theirs off today for going on two hours now. Every few minutes it's *beep* *beep* *beep* and then they shut it off. So now I'm listening to music real loud and will vacuum soon.
I used to abuse the snooze button. But it's hard to press snooze on a hungry cat who will lick your face until you get up to feed him.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I used to abuse the snooze button. But it's hard to press snooze on a hungry cat who will lick your face until you get up to feed him.
What may possibly make you get up faster is that the cat probably licked his butt before licking you.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What may possibly make you get up faster is that the cat probably licked his butt before licking you.
comics-lunarbaboon-eye-of-sauron-cat-616486.jpeg

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Patchouli oil. Ugh!

Jay

Jay

The idea of my child being buried in homework.

My friend has a 9 year old daughter who gets about an average of 3 hours of homework every single night. She goes to a private school that we'd like to send our daughter to possibly in a few years. I've been told the school is very homework intense.

I hate that.

Learning should be done in schools and not at home! Homework is almost always just classwork that isn't completed on time. Classwork that is dictated by bloated programs that is inefficiently done and the children are the victims of.

Small assignments are OK (less than half an hour) and only on occasion. Spending that much time on homework is simply unfair to the child, I'd rather hang out and play with my daughter and spend some quality father/daughter time. I rather NOT HELP WITH HER WITH HOMEWORK. Since when is this deemed acceptable?

I think I turn into one of "those" parents teachers will hate... but I'll be damned if the teaching isn't done in school.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My friend has a 9 year old daughter who gets about an average of 3 hours of homework every single night. She goes to a private school that we'd like to send our daughter to possibly in a few years. I've been told the school is very homework intense.

I hate that.

Learning should be done in schools and not at home! Homework is almost always just classwork that isn't completed on time. Classwork that is dictated by bloated programs that is inefficiently done and the children are the victims of.

Small assignments are OK (less than half an hour) and only on occasion. Spending that much time on homework is simply unfair to the child, I'd rather hang out and play with my daughter and spend some quality father/daughter time. I rather NOT HELP WITH HER WITH HOMEWORK. Since when is this deemed acceptable?

I think I turn into one of "those" parents teachers will hate... but I'll be damned if the teaching isn't done in school.
I totally agree. I think that kids in high school should have homework, but there is nothing that a nine year old needs to be doing for three hours every night on top of a full day of school. It's crazy.[DOUBLEPOST=1451539557,1451539459][/DOUBLEPOST]What I came in this thread to hate?

Organizing my pictures and cleaning up my hard drive....so boring and not nearly as fun as taking all the pictures that filled the hard drive.

Jay

Jay

She may be 10 but still, the fuck is with the 3 hours. Even 1 hour is unacceptable.

PatrThom

PatrThom

[...]
I hate that.
You like brofists so much? Have a brofist.

I absolutely hated homework as a kid. Schoolwork was for school, home was for home time.
If you want to give me an assignment outside of school that teaches me how to use the library for research, for instance, you go right ahead. Thats a valuable life skill I will need and it is something that can't be taught in the classroom. But just piling rote arithmetic problems on me so I can say I did 50 arithmetic problems a night? That's dumb. Arithmetic (for instance) is something you either get or don't. It's not something that gets better with practice*, so I shouldn't have to rote a bunch of problems every day.

--Patrick
*Math gets better with practice. Arithmetic does not.

fade

fade

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Basic arithmetic needs be learned by rote because one digit sums and differences form the basic language of mathematics, and the only way to commit it to memory for the vast majority of people is by repetition.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Basic arithmetic needs be learned by rote because one digit sums and differences form the basic language of mathematics, and the only way to commit it to memory for the vast majority of people is by repetition.
Right. You're taught it, and then you get it. 2+2=4. Later you get to things that are more advanced: 6+5=11 (Whoa! Overflow into the tens' place!). But again, once you get it, you're done. Once I understood that tens flowed into the tens' place, I didn't need to go home and do 25 problems a night from my Holt Mathematics book in order to "lock it in" or anything. I got it, what's next, let's move on. It took less than 5 minutes for me to fully grasp and integrate that concept. I didn't need to waste 30-60min of my cartoon time at home just because some other person had to have it hammered into their skull. But no, my grade suffered (and I actually failed that class) not because I didn't learn arithmetic, but solely because I didn't turn in the required number of homework problems.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

I can understand both sides here. Now, mind, 3 hours a day for a 9 year old is crazy. But:
A) Some types of homework really aren't "unfinished school work" - even at 9 I was given assignments for writing and reading and stuff. "read this chapter of this book by day X so we can discuss it in class" is homework and can take a lot of time, but can't really be done in school - "reading" in class is quite different from reading at home, especially with interested parents who help.
B) Even "rote" homework has been shown to actually help children, not in general, but specifically those with learning disorders or disabilities, and from foreign/different language backgrounds - IF parents help. It allows parents, who are supposed to know their children better, to help their children by giving them 100% attention (which you can't really get in a classroom) and explaining in different ways - the same issue re-explained differently can be a world of difference. As for other-language-background children, there it's also proven to increase interest of parents taken in their children's school work, integration in society, and so forth. Schools where parents aren't asked to help have a much lower percentage of migration parents show up at school plays, end of year festivities, and so on.
C) It's fine that you (and I) mastered arithmetic easily and quickly; most don't. I prefer learning by understanding to learning by memorization, but for some, it's necessary. For some types of knowledge, it's also necessary. With the modern emphasis on knowing how to look things up instead of learning them by heart, you have to be careful not to overdo it - youth's dependence on phones and computers can become a liability and has been shown to produce children with less trained memory as a result. Not remembering all 51 states may not be all that important, but no matter what job you do, you're going to be expected to learn some things by heart. anyway, most schooling is aimed at the lowest, not the highest, capability children. No-one left behind and all that. In modern schools it should be possible to show you know a certain thing and then skip those exercises, though, and be given other, more advanced ones instead.
D) If it's not too much (again, 3 hours a night at 9 years old seems excessive), working together on homework can be a great bonding experience and can be a way to teach your child "work", "math", "language", whatever, can be fun. Most children pick up the general "I don't like working for school" vibe. Making them have fun, with the right type of exercise and help, is hard, but very rewarding.

fade

fade

My point is that some things are rote by nature. Like "math facts". There's no deeper understanding to be had here, anymore than learning the alphabet. For the vast majority of students, repetition is the way to learn this stuff.

PatrThom

PatrThom

For the vast majority of students, repetition is the way to learn this stuff.
Yeah, but why do *I* have to be punished?
< @Dei >UGGGGHHHHH</@Dei>

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah, but why do *I* have to be punished?
< @Dei >UGGGGHHHHH</@Dei>

--Patrick
Holy crap on a crap cracker, I can HEAR it in my head.

Dei

Dei

You don't know homework pain until your spend three hours fighting your autistic son to do homework he could have done in 5 minutes if he wasn't throwing a fit about it. ;)

Tress

Tress

I try to give 10-15 minutes a night for my classes, or if there's a big assignment (an essay, for example) I give them a week with no other homework. I also give 5 minutes at the end of class to start homework and/or get help. Many of my students don't have any homework to do 80% of the time. I like to think I'm reasonable for 12-14 year olds.

But I'm just their history teacher - their math teachers go out of their way to give them 30-60 minutes of homework per night. It's actually a math department mandate.

Dei

Dei

Holy crap on a crap cracker, I can HEAR it in my head.
:rofl:

fade

fade

I dislike when news anchors have no clue about things I think are common knowledge. Mostly because I don't really believe them. It sounds like they're trying to do that too cool for school thing where they pretend not to know about something.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I dislike when news anchors have no clue about things I think are common knowledge. Mostly because I don't really believe them. It sounds like they're trying to do that too cool for school thing where they pretend not to know about something.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

You don't know homework pain until your spend three hours fighting your autistic son to do homework he could have done in 5 minutes if he wasn't throwing a fit about it. ;)
Oh, yes you can. Dislexyia can be that thing. You spend 3 hours to learn a 12 word spelling list, work hard, over and over and over and then she goes to sleep... and nothing is retained. Nothing. Spelling was our doom. DOOM! I tell ya. Finally found someone that helped her figure out how to cope with Dyslexia, and finally 8th grade and it ALL clicks! 7 years of struggle, I don't miss those days.

Jay

Jay

But I'm just their history teacher - their math teachers go out of their way to give them 30-60 minutes of homework per night. It's actually a math department mandate.
Fuck that mandate and whoever supports it. You do that shit in class.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

That NPR radio KEEPS playing that acoustic cover of "Bad Blood". ITS NOT FUNNY ANY MORE, its just annoying!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I hate the end of the month.

And McDonald's.

Null

Null

Fuck that mandate and whoever supports it. You do that shit in class.
Seriously. More homework doesn't help students learn mathematics, it trains them to hate and resent math class.

fade

fade

And McDonald's.
Your period is a perfectly normal process. No need for concern.

Null

Null

No, GB craves Carl Jr when he's feeling preMANstrual.

PatrThom

PatrThom

And McDonald's.
They do it all for you.

--Patrick

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I totally agree. I think that kids in high school should have homework, but there is nothing that a nine year old needs to be doing for three hours every night on top of a full day of school. It's crazy.[DOUBLEPOST=1451539557,1451539459][/DOUBLEPOST]What I came in this thread to hate?

Organizing my pictures and cleaning up my hard drive....so boring and not nearly as fun as taking all the pictures that filled the hard drive.
Do you have a quick and reliant method or software to deal with duplicates?

I think we have 20 gigs of family photos that are hogging up space on the computer and external HD. My wife likes to use picasa to make edits and doesn't have very good habits for organization. So, there are multiples of multiples.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Lightroom is used by a lot of my photo club. It won't import duplicates.

I prefer photoshop for most things so I have to go through and clean out my files often. I just freed up 142 GB :D

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

But when my bro was a teenager, he bought his camera equipment at pawnshops so he could have money for weed.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sleep Number can eat a diiiiiiiiiiick!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Sleep Number can eat a diiiiiiiiiiick!
Parts are expensive, I take it?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Parts are expensive, I take it?

--Patrick
Probably. I don't know. But their advertising dept gargles taint.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

That's got to be hard to understand.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That's got to be hard to understand.
He works in radio, he's learned to decipher taint-gargling.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm having visions of WKRP now. The closest match to GB would be Andy, I guess. They never had anyone from engineering or operations on the show, IIRC.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm having visions of WKRP now. The closest match to GB would be Andy, I guess. They never had anyone from engineering or operations on the show, IIRC.
That's probably closest from an interpersonal perspective. Andy was the "only sane man" often enough, and that's definitely how I feel some days. Our owner makes an excellent Mama Carlson.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The Home Depot
Exxon
Macy's
(boy, those three sure show up a lot on this list)
Autozone
The Texas Dept of Education (Yes, they're actually running radio advertisements designed to make people feel better about their local shitty schools)
JC Penney (You eve really stop and think about how stupid a name that is?)
Vista Print (when you gotta fake being an actual professional, they got you covered!)
Lowe's
Clear Channel Entertainment (Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooou.)
Pier 1 (your stupid junk is shit)
Grainger (For the ones who EAT A DICK)

Anonymous

The Home Depot
Exxon
Macy's
(boy, those three sure show up a lot on this list)
Autozone
The Texas Dept of Education (Yes, they're actually running radio advertisements designed to make people feel better about their local shitty schools)
JC Penney (You eve really stop and think about how stupid a name that is?)
Vista Print (when you gotta fake being an actual professional, they got you covered!)
Lowe's
Clear Channel Entertainment (Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooou.)
Pier 1 (your stupid junk is shit)
Grainger (For the ones who EAT A DICK)
I've started hearing the pumpkin spice radio ads in my area.
Also TIL JC Penney is headquartered in Plano, TX.

--Patrick

Anonymous

--Patrick
Things I hate: That the "anonymous" checkbox is so close to the "Post Reply" button.

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

Things I hate: That the "anonymous" checkbox is so close to the "Post Reply" button.
OH COME ON
...and that it remembers your selection from last time.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

--Patrick
Amazingly enough, I just got the ad copy for McDonalds starting next week, and it isn't PSL.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I hate that its time for pumpkin spice things. Why does summer go so fast?

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

We did get to see one engineer - Bucky. S1E05 "Hold Up" where Del's Stereo Shop gets held up during a live remote promo.

Anonymous

I like how if you post anonymously you can be anyone you want.

--Patrick

Anonymous

I like how if you post anonymously you can be anyone you want.

--Patrick
Well, not really. I think most people can figure out who's who anyway. Your impersonations better be really good to fool anyone.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My Dad said that when he was in grade school, he thought Anonymous was the greatest poet ever.

Anonymous

Well, not really. I think most people can figure out who's who anyway. Your impersonations better be really good to fool anyone.
So who am I?

--Patrick

Anonymous

I'm Spartacus!

--Patrick

Anonymous

So who am I?

--Patrick
Clearly the spam filter who's achieved sentience.

Dave

Dave

I know who everyone was! I HAVE THE POWAH!!

Celt Z

Celt Z

TIL Dave is JCM, and we are all just alts in his fevered dream.

:notes:"Daisy, Daisy....."

Bubble181

Bubble181

TIL Dave is JCM, and we are all just alts in his fevered dream.

:notes:"Daisy, Daisy....."
...You didn't know you were an alt?

Man, we've got some serious issues.

Celt Z

Celt Z

...You didn't know you were an alt?

Man, we've got some serious issues.
I have just achieved sentience, it seems.

Welp, time to kick this whole Skynet thing into gear!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I have just achieved sentience, it seems.

Welp, time to kick this whole Skynet thing into gear!
Let me know when you are going to materialize naked somewhere in a ball of lightning. :unibrow:

Celt Z

Celt Z

Didn't you know that's how I usually get around?

Incedentally, Li'l Z's preschool has asked me to stop dropping him off. :(

Null

Null

Clearly the spam filter who's achieved sentience.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Didn't you know that's how I usually get around?
... do you need a chauffeur?

Bubble181

Bubble181

... do you need a chauffeur?
Apparently not, rather some people to go around announcing her as the new Empress.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Apparently not, rather some people to go around announcing her as the new Empress.
Doubtlessly so she can show off her new clothes, hrmm?

Null

Null

Doubtlessly so she can show off her new clothes, hrmm?
Those don't look like new clothes.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I have a coworker who, the first time he sees me every day, says, "No, this is the Crusty Crab."
I don't watch the show.
I wish he would stop.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

I have a coworker who, the first time he sees me every day, says, "No, this is the Crusty Crab."
I don't watch the show.
I wish he would stop.

--Patrick
Your spelling of "Krusty Krab" makes that obvious.

strawman

strawman

I'm sure my kids would laugh about it.

There's only so far you can take a dad joke, though.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I know who everyone was! I HAVE THE POWAH!!
Well, that answers a question I've been meaning to ask.

Guess I won't be querying y'all to find out if my masturbation habits are wierd.

Anonymous

Are Gruebeard's masterbation habits weird?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Buddy, I won't even put them in the Reprehensible Filth thread.

Null

Null

Let's just say his handle plays more of a role than you'd like to imagine.

Bubble181

Bubble181

No, though wearing the habit during the day as well makes it a bit weird.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Fuck. That was supposed to be anonymous.

Anonymous

Is asking about Gruebeard's masterbation habits in a "things I hate" thread weird?

PatrThom

PatrThom

There's only so far you can take a dad joke, though.
All the way until they're 18.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

No, Gas, it's not.

Anonymous

Is asking about Gruebeard's masterbation habits in a "things I hate" thread weird?
I sit on my left hand until it falls asleep...

Then do it with your hand upside down.

The Stranger.

Bubble181

Bubble181

The Stranger.
If y ou sit on your hand, then use my hand, that isn't The Stranger, that's just A Stranger.

Anonymous

If y ou sit on your hand, then use my hand, that isn't The Stranger, that's just A Stranger.
I caught that as I posted. Won't let me edit an anonymous post.

BErt

I caught that as I posted. Won't let me edit an anonymous post.
I'm convinced the last two or three posts was @Bubble181 talking to himself :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

I begin to reply, but I'm afraid how much more this thread will go off the rails.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm convinced the last two or three posts was @Bubble181 talking to himself :p
Unless my memory is really playing tricks on me, it isn't.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Unless my memory is really playing tricks on me, it isn't.

Dei

Dei

All the way until they're 18.

--Patrick
That's just untrue.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

The Stranger.

Celt Z

Celt Z

That's just untrue.
He didn't say they'd enjoy it, but at 18 they have the ability to get away.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I just remembered what thread I've derailed here, so to be clear, that song is not a thing I hate.

Emrys

Emrys

I love you guys; you're so weird.

Unless you're @GasBandit, then you're wierd.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Unless you're @Yoshimickster, then you're wired.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I BEFORE E
EXCEPT AFTER C
TO MAKE THE SOUND "EE."

E BEFORE I IS THE WAY
TO MAKE IT RHYME WITH LETTER "A"
(unless you're German, then it rhymes with "I.")

GAGHRBAGRNAGHRABLAGGA

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Unless you're @Yoshimickster, then you're wired.
Directly to the craaaaaaazy system we call the universe!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Directly to the craaaaaaazy system we call the universe!
It's amazing and expanding.

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

It's amazing and expanding.

--Patrick

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

Donald Trump and his robocalls. He's been shouting at me 3-4 times a week since the primaries. :mad:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Donald Trump and his robocalls. He's been shouting at me 3-4 times a week since the primaries. :mad:
Omg!! I couldn't handle that!!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sadly it's a computer, otherwise you could set up an auto-reply saying you'll NEVER. NEVER EVER. EVER. NEVER NEVER vote for him? :p

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

"Wow, I'm surprised your hand is big enough to hold the phone while you call me, Mr. Trump!"

Null

Null

I had an actual survey call about Chris Christie, the current corruption festering in the governor's position in New Jersey. I was asked if I felt he would make a good VP candidate, I said no, he would better serve in another capacity. This went on for a while, before I was finally asked, "Well then, what do you see as being a proper role for Chris Christie to play in government?" I said, "As a severed head mounted on a pike, with a sign reading 'THUS ARE THE WAGES OF CORRUPTION', before the statehouse." The call abruptly ended there. And after I went through all the trouble of pronouncing in capital letters.

Dei

Dei

And that's when the FBI showed up at Null's house and we never saw him again.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I had an actual survey call about Chris Christie, the current corruption festering in the governor's position in New Jersey. I was asked if I felt he would make a good VP candidate, I said no, he would better serve in another capacity. This went on for a while, before I was finally asked, "Well then, what do you see as being a proper role for Chris Christie to play in government?" I said, "As a severed head mounted on a pike, with a sign reading 'THUS ARE THE WAGES OF CORRUPTION', before the statehouse." The call abruptly ended there. And after I went through all the trouble of pronouncing in capital letters.
hey! This is one more call to arms, or assassination, or revolution, or something, that's bound to get the NSA, FBI and FSB paying close attention to us.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I wish I had a 1080p version of this to be my desktop background.
burning.jpg

Bubble181

Bubble181

I wish I had a 1080p version of this to be my desktop background.

Here you go:

broken.png

:troll:

GasBandit

GasBandit

I have no idea what you are talking about.

:trolol:

Eriol

Eriol

Where I THOUGHT that was going was this:
Vir Cotto said:
I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would gaze up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this.
*He gives Morden a mockingly cheerful finger waggle.*
Can you and your associates arrange this for me, Mr. Morden?
But yours is good too.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It always annoyed me that, when Vir was appointed Ambassador to Minbar, nobody started referring to him as Ambassador Cotto. He was still always just referred to as "Vir Cotto," even before his appointment was revoked.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I BEFORE E
EXCEPT AFTER C
TO MAKE THE SOUND "EE."

E BEFORE I IS THE WAY
TO MAKE IT RHYME WITH LETTER "A"
(unless you're German, then it rhymes with "I.")

GAGHRBAGRNAGHRABLAGGA
Science? Theistic? Deity? Protein? Foreign?

That is a silly rule.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Science? Theistic? Deity? Protein? Foreign?

That is a silly rule.
Science doesn't sound like "EE."

Theistic sounds like letter "A". Same with Deity.

We mispronounce "pro-teh-een."

And so on.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Ceiling!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'M LOOKING FOR THE ONES I'M LOOKING FOR

bhamv3

bhamv3

I'M LOOKING FOR THE ONES I'M LOOKING FOR
ARE YOU INCAPABLE OF RATIONAL THOUGHT?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

ARE YOU INCAPABLE OF RATIONAL THOUGHT?
Popsicle.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I work retail.

I am the receiving manager for my store, everything goes through my hands before going to the sales floor.

I got in my first Christmas items for this year.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I work retail.
I am the receiving manager for my store, everything goes through my hands before going to the sales floor.
I got in my first Christmas items for this year.
I feel your pain.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I feel your pain.

--Patrick
I then proceeded to play Christmas music from my phone for the next 2 hours, granted, it was stuff from August Burn Red, and TSO.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I do not like long unformatted rants posted on Facebook.

Nor do I like Mike Milbury.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I do not like long unformatted rants posted on Facebook.

Nor do I like Mike Milbury.
Well, geez, no one likes Mike Milbury.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I hate the week leading up to three day weekends. AGGHGH

PatrThom

PatrThom

I hate the week leading up to three day weekends. AGGHGH
Yeah, but how often do those happen?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah, but how often do those happen?

--Patrick
About 10 times a year-ish? Labor day, Memorial day, Independence day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's... uhhh... I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

PatrThom

PatrThom

About 10 times a year-ish?
Not in retail, they don't.
I'm sure @Sparhawk will back me up on this.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not in retail, they don't.
I'm sure @Sparhawk will back me up on this.

--Patrick
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I don't work in retail.

But at least when a store is going to be closed, they don't tell you "you have to do that day's sales ahead of time."

Radio is 7 days a week, even on christmas day. If you want it off, you double up on work early.

That's why I don't take vacations. It'd just mean the week before I took off, I'd have to do 14 days worth of work in 5 days.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

But at least when a store is going to be closed, they don't tell you "you have to do that day's sales ahead of time.
But when that store closes, it never opens again.

. . . just like my ex-wife.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, for others they don't. I usually have Memorial Day, Labor Day and 4th of July as 3 day-ers. Thanksgiving and Christmas are floating holidays that I can use anytime after THE day. This scheduling has only been in effect for the past year and a half or so, since the current schedule maker understands that if I work on a day that my work isn't delivered (ie holidays) then somebody else has to step in and do my job for my paid day off.

I've been full-time with my company for long enough that I have 15 days of paid vacation, and two personal days a year. Only about 2 more years to go to have 20 vacation days. I'm not sure how I can take an entire month away from my job, it's always more work when I come back than a normal day.

jwhouk

jwhouk

But at least when a store is going to be closed, they don't tell you "you have to do that day's sales ahead of time."

Radio is 7 days a week, even on christmas day. If you want it off, you double up on work early.

That's why I don't take vacations. It'd just mean the week before I took off, I'd have to do 14 days worth of work in 5 days.
I did three weeks of work in two weeks.

Sent from my Nextbook

PatrThom

PatrThom

when a store is going to be closed, they don't tell you "you have to do that day's sales ahead of time."
Considering the increase in volume just before/after, we might as well.
THIS part I will definitely give you. Even with an entire day's worth of recorded content, someone still has to make sure that stuff goes through. There are times I wouldn't mind being that guy, and there are other times I definitely would.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

Hey, you t0ok some time off not long ago and the station didn't burn down or anything.

My husband has something like 10 weeks of paid vacation saved up, but he never ever ever uses it. I can't even get him to take a random day off, because he's basically convinced someone else will fuck things up. It's a god damned miracle he took a week off to visit his grandparents when it wasn't during a holiday.

bhamv3

bhamv3

My company's vacation days are reset on January 1 every year, so for the last week or two of December every year it's like a ghost town at work. The people who have already used up their vacation days and thus have to work those days generally get very stressed and grumpy.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm taking a day off next week because if I don't I'll hit the limit and stop accumulating vacation time, and I don't want any opportunity to get paid for hours I don't actually work to evaporate.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm on vacation as of tomorrow morning... oh wait, this is the "Things I Hate" thread, never mind...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hey, you t0ok some time off not long ago and the station didn't burn down or anything.
Yeah, but I did have to get all the work done in advance, and then trust someone I'd only been training for a few months to catch anything that happened while I was gone... and I was finding goof ups for weeks after that.

And that was the first time I had taken a week off since 2013. And prior to 2013, I had only taken a week off once before since coming to work here in 2003.

fade

fade

They don't let us rollover vacation here, but given the state of this industry, I'm afraid to take off. I have about 3 weeks of days left for the year, and I need to use them, but I am hesitant.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Pfft. All this "work ahead". I have to work on all the holidays because apparently you can't just say "oh, we'll check out that burglary alarm tomorrow". Well, you can, but clients would be pissed :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Advertising agencies. In general.

They ruin everything. The service they provide is questionable, and based upon metrics with no provable basis in reality.

Everything you hate about radio and TV (and the internet for that matter) has its roots in advertising agencies.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Everything you hate about radio and TV (and the internet for that matter) has its roots in advertising agencies.
I'm sure at least some of what I hate is actually rooted in the publishers themselves. Sony/BMG/EMI/Universal/etc.

--Patrick

N

Nebulous

One thing I hate is when people are late without calling.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I keep trying to be better about that! Really!

--Patrick

N

Nebulous

Its okay if it was an emergency and you couldn't get to the phone. 99% it isn't an emergency for most people though. :Leyla::p

jwhouk

jwhouk

My kids at work think using the bathroom is an emergency.

N

Nebulous

I hate when food goes stale because someone else didn't close the package or wrap it up properly.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I hate when food goes stale because someone else didn't close the package or wrap it up properly.
I hate when that person is me.
"Who did this? Who???"
"...oh."

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I strongly dislike snoop. It's so sticky and viscous and it gets everywhere.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Anakin?

N

Nebulous

The rapper?

image.png

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

No it's a name brand for a leak detection liquid.

N

Nebulous

No it's a name brand for a leak detection liquid.
Ah, I see.
I'll be the stuff he smokes is sticky though :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Groupon. JC Penney. Walmart. VF Corporation. Lifetime TV.

Dave

Dave

Pinterest.

I just started one to get menu ideas for our keto diet. Now it's nothing but emails, reminders, and notifications. I've squashed most of them, but I hate them so very much.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Illinois nazis.

fade

fade

Illinois nazis.
I was kind of scared of how far that station wagon fell when I was a kid. It gave me a fear of overpasses.

Cog

Cog

Sport fans

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Sport fans
I mean, I like sports, but yeah.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

ahem,
[\spoiler]

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

ahem,
[\spoiler]
It's not actually sports fans I hate, it's being stuck at work listening to them for hours on end talking about their fandom. Especially when they run of stuff to say and get constantly repeating themselves.

. . . and every once in a while I find myself one of them!

GasBandit

GasBandit

What you mean is GATOR fans.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Before the A&M-Tennessee game, "is A&M a cult?" was trending. As a non-aggie in Aggieland, you must have some tales to tell. :)
Ain't nothin no Aggie's ever done that holds a candle to ROW TAHD ROW

GasBandit

GasBandit

THE END OF THE MONTH

PatrThom

PatrThom

THE END OF THE MONTH
That time again, eh?

--Patrick

TNM

TNM

Sales calls.

Especially when I'm not a sales guy but have to sit on these stupid forecast calls on mute and pretend to care.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Every week or so, I get a recorded phone call from Michael telling me that my vehicle warranty is about to expire. Those calls mostly originate from Corpus Christi, Dallas, or Florida.

General Specific

General Specific

I got one of those last year. I laughed at them and told them my car is an '04 and that I hoped the warranty was up already. Not gotten another one.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I keep getting foreign sales calls from phone numbers in my hometown and Houston. I keep answering them because I keep thinking it could be friends or family calling from work.

JCM

JCM

Romance languages and their need to give every damn object a gender, with gender-specific prepositions and adjectives in both singular and plural forms existing just to make life harder for us trying to learn French after two other Romance languages.

Mathias

Mathias

Romance languages and their need to give every damn object a gender, with gender-specific prepositions and adjectives in both singular and plural forms existing just to make life harder for us trying to learn French after two other Romance languages.
It ain't just Romance languages, brah. Try those wacky Slavic languages and you'll see they're even worse when you get into the right form of the gender specific tenses depending on formalities (who you're speaking to).

PatrThom

PatrThom

Having the same guy for French in college as you did for Spanish, who tries to "help" you by explaining French stuff in Spanish to show you how similar they are.
Thanks. Thanks a lot.

--Patrick

JCM

JCM

True @Mathias, Eastern European languages are as archaic as many of their customs, and a teacher of mine once tried to convince me to study Hungarian, only to have me give up after the first class. No language with such a small user base and no international reach should be that hard.

Having the same guy for French in college as you did for Spanish, who tries to "help" you by explaining French stuff in Spanish to show you how similar they are.
Thanks. Thanks a lot.

--Patrick
And it's random shit like having hundreds of objects like trees be masculine in one language, then feminine in the other, that is making French a nightmare to learn.

GasBandit

GasBandit

True @Mathias, Eastern European languages are as archaic as many of their customs, and a teacher of mine once tried to convince me to study Hungarian, only to have me give up after getting my buttocks fondled when I asked for directions to the railway station.
FTFY

JCM

JCM

Just got coffee all over my table laughing.

General Specific

General Specific

And it's random shit like having hundreds of objects like trees be masculine in one language, then feminine in the other, that is making French a nightmare to learn.
Holy shit, this was half of my problem trying to learn French, remembering which inanimate objects were masculine or feminine. Is that table a he? What about the chair? Now the sofa? If you don't label them properly, then the question on this test is wrong.

I just wanted to shake my teachers and ask what was wrong with them that they had to care so intensely about the gender of things.

JCM

JCM

Holy shit, this was half of my problem trying to learn French, remembering which inanimate objects were masculine or feminine. Is that table a he? What about the chair? Now the sofa? If you don't label them properly, then the question on this test is wrong.

I just wanted to shake my teachers and ask what was wrong with them that they had to care so intensely about the gender of things.
I feel your pain... add the fact that I have to keep track of the different genders of the every damn thing in 3 languages, otherwise I am wrong.

It is like being on Tumblr, but in real life.

Terrik

Terrik

Gender markers in language seems almost as annoying to remember as tones in Chinese.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Gender markers in language seems almost as annoying to remember as tones in Chinese.
And it seems idiotic to worry about genders while learning the language. It's a giant waste of memory when you ought to be focusing on the important bits.

'Madamoiselle Yvette will still know I intend to take her on the kitchen counter even if I call it by the wrong gender. It's her gender I need get right to

Null

Null

And it seems idiotic to worry about genders while learning the language. It's a giant waste of memory when you ought to be focusing on the important bits.

'Madamoiselle Yvette will still know I intend to take her on the kitchen counter even if I call it by the wrong gender. It's her gender I need get right to
I mean, depending on how cosmopolitan you are, I'm not gonna judge.

Bubble181

Bubble181

No language with such a small user base and no international reach should be that hard.
Haaaaave you met Dutch? :p

(though I don't think Dutch is all that hard as it's made out to be. We do have three word genders, though, and unlike what you might think, "a chair" is still male and "a door" female, but "a girl"? Yeah, that's neutral :awesome:. Male and female also share articles, but have different forms of adjectives applied to them, meaning you either learn them by heart by themselves without a mnemonic, or learn them with an adjective appended, unlike most languages where at least you can get by, learning them with an article.)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Those stupid recycling commercials. It should be a pet peeve, but it's gone to full-on hate.

Maybe it's just our affiliate, but they play ALL THE TIME. For more than a year (maybe two years?). On almost every channel, every commercial break. And always back-to-back. How does recycling have this much money to waste on sponsorship? Is there nothing better then can do with this money?!?

fade

fade

Those stupid recycling commercials. It should be a pet peeve, but it's gone to full-on hate.

Maybe it's just our affiliate, but they play ALL THE TIME. For more than a year (maybe two years?). On almost every channel, every commercial break. And always back-to-back. How does recycling have this much money to waste on sponsorship? Is there nothing better then can do with this money?!?
I read this in the whole "WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!?" voice.

Mathias

Mathias

True @Mathias, Eastern European languages are as archaic as many of their customs, and a teacher of mine once tried to convince me to study Hungarian, only to have me give up after the first class. No language with such a small user base and no international reach should be that hard.

Hungarian is Uralic base; not Slavic, boss. It's closer to Finnish than say Russian. I hear taking your pants off, and sitting in a really hot room helps with the learning process.

JCM

JCM

Haaaaave you met Dutch? :p

(though I don't think Dutch is all that hard as it's made out to be. We do have three word genders, though, and unlike what you might think, "a chair" is still male and "a door" female, but "a girl"? Yeah, that's neutral :awesome:. Male and female also share articles, but have different forms of adjectives applied to them, meaning you either learn them by heart by themselves without a mnemonic, or learn them with an adjective appended, unlike most languages where at least you can get by, learning them with an article.)
Sounds like Arabic, but that's 15 years of study that went down the drain for nothing, except ugly looks if I ever use a Malaysian passport and my old Muslim name.

Good catch, Mathias, Hungary may be Eastern European but its language does not fall into the Eastern Europe language family, as one would say "the more you know".
I hear taking your pants off, and sitting in a really hot room helps with the learning process.
damn... :-(

GasBandit

GasBandit

MCDONALD'S.

FOUR DAY WEEKENDS.

CHRISTMAS.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

McDonald's hates me. I wish I could quit it but their super salty poutine must have crack in the cheese curds.

GasBandit

GasBandit

When the end of the month and the end of the year come together, it's mighty painful.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

When the end of the month and the end of the year come together, it's mighty painful.
But it does seem like this happens on an annual basis.

GasBandit

GasBandit

But it does seem like this happens on an annual basis.
It does. And it still is. And it always will be.

Dei

Dei

Microsoft Visual C++

PatrThom

PatrThom

Microsoft Visual C++
It's actually a thing I debate whether or not I should learn.
I do worry a little that I'll start and think it's fun and then get stuck and OH GOD WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

I have very little patience for coding in general, but I can usually focus long enough to Google and tinker. (Aka just long enough to do something stupid)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Coding is fun.
Coding on a deadline is not.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

The term "snowflake" as a conversation stopper, as a description of people who consider themselves "special snowflakes" who have to be protected etc. Say the people whining/being angry/triggered/attacked/discriminated are "snowflakes" and their feelings don't matter anymore, they're just entitled brats or whatever. Yuck.

Tress

Tress

The term "snowflake" as a conversation stopper, as a description of people who consider themselves "special snowflakes" who have to be protected etc. Say the people whining/being angry/triggered/attacked/discriminated are "snowflakes" and their feelings don't matter anymore, they're just entitled brats or whatever. Yuck.
Eh, sometimes it's a very accurate description. But it is definitely overused.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Eh, sometimes it's a very accurate description. But it is definitely overused.
OK, use it if you're addressing a posttrans varigender dragonkin triggered by "there not being a character with a postsexual personality on her favorite show". I'm seeing it being used to target "everybody who's still crying over Trump", and it makes me rage.

Tress

Tress

OK, use it if you're addressing a posttrans varigender dragonkin triggered by "there not being a character with a postsexual personality on her favorite show". I'm seeing it being used to target "everybody who's still crying over Trump", and it makes me rage.
I was definitely thinking more of the former, not the latter.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

The English language. Specifically, the redundancy of letters, and silent letters need to go while we're at it. Teaching my 3 year why 'cat' starts with c instead of k or q is frustrating as fuk. Even a 3 yr old knows it's dumb. Stupid silent b. SEE?!

Eriol

Eriol

The English language. Specifically, the redundancy of letters, and silent letters need to go while we're at it. Teaching my 3 year why 'cat' starts with c instead of k or q is frustrating as fuk. Even a 3 yr old knows it's dumb. Stupid silent b. SEE?!
To be fair to English, IMO that's a problem with our writing system, rather than the language itself. English has some homophones, though not excessive IMO, but the number of homonyms with regards to syllables is insane.

But OTOH about the only people who have it near-perfect are the Koreans because Hangul is a relatively-recently devised writing system that very well addresses the homophone problem. There's not two ways to write the same sound, so you're good on that front.

So while English has its quirks (a lot due to being a structured like a germanic language (its original heritage), but about 2/3 of the words being from romance languages) that's fine, but the writing system and the language itself aren't necessarily the same issues IMO.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I see this, but I have a hunch it's this messed up language that let Shakespeare be Shakespeare, and I'm happy to leave it a fucked up, tangled mess.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh look, we approach the end of the month. That means I HATE MCDONALDS

even more than usual, because the other day I had a bacon egg and cheese biscuit for the first time in years, and apparently at some point they switched to a new kind of buttermilk biscuit that is larger and more structurally sound, but tastes like a dry, butter-flavored KITCHEN SPONGE.

FUCK YOU, CLOWN

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm not happy with what they've done to the Shamrock Shake, either.
I used to actually look forward to it.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

I'm not happy with what they've done to the Shamrock Shake, either.
I used to actually look forward to it.

--Patrick
Wait, what happened to the Shamrock shake?! I haven't had it for a few years.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Wait, what happened to the Shamrock shake?! I haven't had it for a few years.
It sucks now.
It tastes like mint-flavored ice milk instead of a Shamrock Shake.
Could be regional, sure, but I'm not happy.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It sucks now.
It tastes like mint-flavored ice milk instead of a Shamrock Shake.
Could be regional, sure, but I'm not happy.

--Patrick
It's tastes artificial, that's the only way I can describe them. And I used to love them.

Dei

Dei

I stopped getting shakes at McDonald's because they started making the chocolate shakes way too sweet, glad they messed up Shamrock too. :(

blotsfan

blotsfan

What about their partially gelatinated nondairy gum-based beverages?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Even the McGriddles aren't as good as they used to be. They used to, like, ooze syrup from the inside... now they're just dry pancake sandwiches.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's tastes artificial, that's the only way I can describe them. And I used to love them.
I think the best way to describe it is that the "new" Shamrock Shake tastes like a Doublemint Slurpee.

--Patrick

Gared

Gared

I think the best way to describe it is that the "new" Shamrock Shake tastes like a Doublemint Slurpee.

--Patrick
Eww. I really do love your descriptions though.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Horribly written (web)comics with AMAZING art. The good art sucks you in, but the writing is always SO terrible that a part of your brain has enough WILL-power to shy away from it! LOOKING AT YOU VOODOO WALRUS-I mean what the FUCK was going on in that comic? There's surrealism, and then there's no fucking focus at all.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Stuck in the Middle. It's a Disney show.

It's worse than Caillou.

Banned in our house.

I had a bunch of details written out, but it was pretty ugly so I'll spare you all.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm glad that I re-read my post before hitting the reply button. It was pretty mean lol!

Dirona

Dirona

winter.
we're on day 4 of a minimum 5 day storm, and I just spent the last hour shoveling and snow blowing, and it's still a shit show out there.
fuck this whole season.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The temperature dropped over 45 degrees over night. and it is still in the 40s.

Bubble181

Bubble181

winter.
we're on day 4 of a minimum 5 day storm, and I just spent the last hour shoveling and snow blowing, and it's still a shit show out there.
fuck this whole season.
Well, who in their right mind goes to live North of the Wall, anyway?

(I mean this as a GoT reference, not a Trump reference :p)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

winter.
fuck this whole season.
You'll be here in NS soon though right??

Terrik

Terrik

High of 74 today, low of 43. Ah Florida.

Dirona

Dirona

You'll be here in NS soon though right??
2 weeks baby!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Yay!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I'm glad that I re-read my post before hitting the reply button. It was pretty mean lol!
I wish I had your self-control

GasBandit

GasBandit

Jackasses who decode to, for some reason, use both the letter "O" and zeroes (0) in their ISCI codes.

This month's Dodge Ram radio commercial for Texas, incidentally, is CRDRDS17O00. Get any digit of that wrong, and our payment gets "delayed" because a human being has to look at the invoices because their computer will claim we ran the wrong thing.

mikerc

mikerc

Jackasses who decode to, for some reason, use both the letter "O" and zeroes (0) in their ISCI codes.
Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq? The Islamification of the US continues! Sad.

/endtrump

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq? The Islamification of the US continues! Sad.

/endtrump
Islamic State of Colorado and Idaho.

Dei

Dei

Islamic State of Colorado and Idaho.
Colorado is full of Mexicans, stoners, and hippies, get it right.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Colorado is full of Mexicans, stoners, and hippies, get it right.
That sounds like a state ripe for takeover by Muslim insurgents when Trump ignites Civil War.

Oh god, that sounds far too plausible.

(But I just noticed that Colorado doesn't border Idaho)

PatrThom

PatrThom

(But I just noticed that Colorado doesn't border Idaho)
Well not yet it doesn't.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Tracfone wireless. Eat a dick, you cock shit donkeys.
Ulta cosmetics. Fuck a cactus, you massive goat fellaters.
Geico insurance. Dock with a red hot poker, you snotling fondlers.[DOUBLEPOST=1487362958,1487362642][/DOUBLEPOST]Macy's department store. Burn to the ground, you rancid semen garglers.

Dei

Dei

Is this one of those three day weekend situations?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Is this one of those three day weekend situations?
It's one of those "Underling #1 is out of the office today so I'm having to do her job" situations.

Null

Null

It's one of those "Underling #1 is out of the office today so I'm having to do her job" situations.
Your underling gargles semen at Macy's?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Your underling gargles semen at Macy's?
What she does on her own time is her business, but that better not be the real reason she's not at work today or so help me...

Dei

Dei

Pffft, there was a time you didn't even HAVE underlings.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Pffft, there was a time you didn't even HAVE underlings.
Yeah, but that's not the pertinent point here. Underling #1 is now the Traffic Director. I've always had to cover for whoever was the Traffic Director whenever she was out (even the Traffic Director who trained ME, all those years ago), except for that brief, hellish period of time where *I* was the Traffic Director.

Null

Null

Tracfone wireless. Eat a dick, you cock shit donkeys.
Ulta cosmetics. Fuck a cactus, you massive goat fellaters.
Geico insurance. Dock with a red hot poker, you snotling fondlers.[DOUBLEPOST=1487362958,1487362642][/DOUBLEPOST]Macy's department store. Burn to the ground, you rancid semen garglers.
I think it would be funny if you repeated that as trash talk during your next recorded online gaming session. Like when another Mei ganks you in Overwatch or a gutter rat gets you in Mordheim.

...at this point I'm wondering if someone put something in my drink at lunch.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think it would be funny if you repeated that as trash talk during your next recorded online gaming session. Like when another Mei ganks you in Overwatch or a gutter rat gets you in Mordheim.

...at this point I'm wondering if someone put something in my drink at lunch.
In such situations I'm usually concentrating too hard on trying to win, so the few clock cycles my profanity is assigned are usually only enough to string together a random combination of "fucking," "shit," "cock," and "ass."

PatrThom

PatrThom

In such situations I'm usually concentrating too hard on trying to win, so the few clock cycles my profanity is assigned are usually only enough to string together a random combination of "fucking," "shit," "cock," and "ass."
TIL there is no extant online Flash-based "Wheel of Profanity," at least not by that name.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

My hospital room. Which is kept at a constant 200 degrees celcius

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

People.

Specifically, judgy old ladies. I got my accessible parking pass finally yesterday. @HCGLNS and my doctor both have wanted me to have it since last summer, but I just didn't want it. Maybe I wasn't ready to take that step or admit my mobility was that bad. I'm not sure why, but it took me a long time to want the pass. With our storms this week and the trouble I've been having in parking lots, I decided to go get one.

The first time I use it? This lady was leaving the store and stopped dead in her tracks, put her hands on her hips and stared at me park the car and get into the store. WTF lady??

GasBandit

GasBandit

People.

Specifically, judgy old ladies. I got my accessible parking pass finally yesterday. @HCGLNS and my doctor both have wanted me to have it since last summer, but I just didn't want it. Maybe I wasn't ready to take that step or admit my mobility was that bad. I'm not sure why, but it took me a long time to want the pass. With our storms this week and the trouble I've been having in parking lots, I decided to go get one.

The first time I use it? This lady was leaving the store and stopped dead in her tracks, put her hands on her hips and stared at me park the car and get into the store. WTF lady??
It is indeed noteworthy how often old ladies are the worst. In general.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Mary, Jesus, and Joseph in a birchbark canoe. It's the end of the month AGAIN already.

GasBandit

GasBandit

THE WEEK BEFORE A FOUR DAY WEEKEND

WHATABURGER.

blotsfan

blotsfan

WHATABURGER
So where are you gonna live now that you've been kicked out of Texas?

GasBandit

GasBandit

So where are you gonna live now that you've been kicked out of Texas?
I think any Texan would grant me a stay of execution after seeing these ridiculous commercial traffic instructions comprised of 5 unique daypart instructions each comprised with a different rotation of seven commercials at different percentages each.

It's taking me longer to process this than every other client combined, today.

Dei

Dei

THE WEEK BEFORE A FOUR DAY WEEKEND

WHATABURGER.
BUT THINK ABOUT ALL THE GAMETIME YOU'LL HAVE WHEN YOU'RE DONE

GasBandit

GasBandit

BUT THINK ABOUT ALL THE GAMETIME YOU'LL HAVE WHEN YOU'RE DONE
It's the only thing keeping me going right now. :p

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I HAVE to work Monday. Seriously who the fuck schedules a server switch over during a holiday weekend?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I HAVE to work Monday. Seriously who the fuck schedules a server switch over during a holiday weekend?
Every place I've ever worked that wasn't retail.

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Heighth," as in, "I'm just under six feet in heighth."

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Having to resort to Daily Motion. There's NO warning for ads, and sometimes a video's page can have a BILLION ads in the background constantly loading making the buffer time longer!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

"Heighth," as in, "I'm just under six feet in heighth."

--Patrick
My wife says this to troll me. It is invariably effective.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ohhhh it's gettin to be that time again.

MCDONALDS JUST CHANGED AAAAAALLLL THEIR ADVERTISING STARTING MONDAY. Pain. In. The. Ass.

"But you'll do it anyway, you fucking whore, because of all the money we spend, and you want every cent you can get, don't you, slut?"

Sigh... yes.

Frank

Frank

Heat.

It's hot today.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Heat.

It's hot today.
Hotter'n two rats fuckin in a wool sock.

ALSO, on a related note, I've been kind of dehydrated lately, I realized this morning. I'll buy a gallon of purified water while I'm out at lunch, to keep in the office so I don't have to run back and forth getting something to drink while I work!

Walgreens: That'll be a buck twenty five.

Thanks! Boy this sure tastes like you drained it straight out of a rusty old water heater, Walgreens!

Walgreens: What're you gonna do, drive all the way back to demand your piddly fucking buck twenty five?

No, I guess not.

Walgreens: But you're too fucking pinchpenny to just pour it out, too, so you're gonna drink our perfidious rustwater down to the last drop and feel nauseous.

You know me so well walgreens. See you next time!

Walgreens: Oh and we stopped carrying that brand of kitty litter you buy regularly.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Sophecles in Pokemon is just a fat Caillou in a wig.

Terrik

Terrik

I had a spider hanging from my beard. How did it get there? Was it in my mouth when I was sleeping? Are the old wives tales true? Should I shave off the beard? If I did, would I find more spiders underneath? Should I just leave everything alone? Should I set myself on fire? Help.

Frank

Frank

Bubble181

Bubble181

I had a spider hanging from my beard. How did it get there? Was it in my mouth when I was sleeping? Are the old wives tales true? Should I shave off the beard? If I did, would I find more spiders underneath? Should I just leave everything alone? Should I set myself on fire? Help.

DON'T shave your beard, or all the baby spiders'll wake up and take off all at once. Just enjoy the fly- and mosquito-less time of your life.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That depends. Are the spiders an endangered species?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've always said, I'd rather have a spider than whatever the spider is finding enough of to eat to decide to live with me.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Plot-twist: It's not a beard, but a cluster of spiders.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Plot-twist: It's not a beard, but a cluster of spiders.
Pounded in the Butt By My Cluster Of Spiders To Prove It's Not A Sham Marriage, by Charon Tingle.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

:Leyla:

drifter

drifter

Pounded in the Butt By My Cluster Of Spiders To Prove It's Not A Sham Marriage, by Charon Tingle.

fade

fade

"pre-owned"

Null

Null

People who comment on a reality competition show with ideas that are against the goddamn core concept of the show.

For those who aren't aware, on History Channel there's a show called Forged in Fire. The core concept of the show is "We have 4 bladesmiths compete at making blades to a given set of parameters, with certain features or techniques required, through 2 series of eliminations. The two finalists then go to their home forges to recreate a historical weapon within 45 hours over 5 days. Then we test their weapons and declare a winner, who wins $10,000."

Suggested every two or three fucking days: "Why don't they have people who don't know how to forge compete?" BECAUSE THE POINT IS TO SEE WHAT SKILLED SMITHS CAN DO, AND BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, YOU HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF HURTING YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE. (As it is, at least 2 competitors over 4 seasons have had to been taken away in an ambulance, and at least a dozen have suffered minor injuries / heat exhaustion.)

Also suggested: "Instead of blades, why don't they make something else?" BECAUSE BLADES ARE COOL AND WROUGHT IRON DOOR HINGES AREN'T.

"They should do Katanas!" THAT WAS THE VERY FIRST EPISODE.

Eriol

Eriol

People who comment on a reality competition show with ideas that are against the goddamn core concept of the show.

For those who aren't aware, on History Channel there's a show called Forged in Fire. The core concept of the show is "We have 4 bladesmiths compete at making blades to a given set of parameters, with certain features or techniques required, through 2 series of eliminations. The two finalists then go to their home forges to recreate a historical weapon within 45 hours over 5 days. Then we test their weapons and declare a winner, who wins $10,000."

Suggested every two or three fucking days: "Why don't they have people who don't know how to forge compete?" BECAUSE THE POINT IS TO SEE WHAT SKILLED SMITHS CAN DO, AND BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, YOU HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF HURTING YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE. (As it is, at least 2 competitors over 4 seasons have had to been taken away in an ambulance, and at least a dozen have suffered minor injuries / heat exhaustion.)

Also suggested: "Instead of blades, why don't they make something else?" BECAUSE BLADES ARE COOL AND WROUGHT IRON DOOR HINGES AREN'T.

I remember one episode where a guy was like "I'll just take this lawnmower blade and grind it into the blade I need." He was disqualified for not FORGING anything. And rightly so IMO.

fade

fade

At least the internet has finally woken up to how mediocre in general the katana was. Which I think is due to Highlander and the way the characters on that show acted like it was the god of swords.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

At least the internet has finally woken up to how mediocre in general the katana was. Which I think is due to Highlander and the way the characters on that show acted like it was the god of swords.
Prior to Highlander was the Ninja craze and prior to that was the huge TV mini series based on James Clavals Shogun.

Null

Null

I remember one episode where a guy was like "I'll just take this lawnmower blade and grind it into the blade I need." He was disqualified for not FORGING anything. And rightly so IMO.
Yeah. The judges outright said "During this round, you will be forging a blade..." and dumbfuck said "Well, I'll just do stock removal to save time. AND HE LEFT THE GODDAMN HOLE IT IN AT A SPOT IT WAS SURE TO CAUSE THE BLADE TO BREAK.

That guy wasn't the sharpest hammer on the anvil.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Hey guess what we're watching?

There's a guy licking the metal as part of his pre-forging process....

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

There's a guy licking the metal as part of his pre-forging process....

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Prior to Highlander was the Ninja craze and prior to that was the huge TV mini series based on James Clavals Shogun.

I saw that in the theater :) Sho Kosugi was a god among men when I was in junior high.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Sho Kosugi was a god among men when I was in junior high.
He was everywhere.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

He was everywhere.

--Patrick
He never really made many movies. Not like the 115 or so made by Godfrey Ho.

OMG, so embarrassing that I even remember this movie.

PatrThom

PatrThom

He never really made many movies. Not like the 115 or so made by Godfrey Ho.
Ah, but he starred opposite Lee Van Cleef in The Master, a show I tried very hard not to miss as a kid.

--Patrick

Null

Null

Ah, but he starred opposite Lee Van Cleef in The Master, a show I tried very hard not to miss as a kid.

--Patrick
THANK YOU! I have tried to tell people about that series and they looked at me like I was nuts.

GasBandit

GasBandit

MCDONALDS
THE END OF THE MONTH
LABOR DAY SALES

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

My little brother complaining about Hamilton, a play he has NEVER seen. I'm not even a fan of the play, I just sick of this topic of conversation!

Null

Null

My little brother complaining about Hamilton, a play he has NEVER seen. I'm not even a fan of the play, I just sick of this topic of conversation!
Sounds like he needs NapTime (TM)

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

You should get take him to the show.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

You should get take him to the show.
If I had 600 bucks lying around I would. Plays are friggin' expensive.

GasBandit

GasBandit

MAC
DON
ALDS

Null

Null

At first all that appeared on my screen was "ALDS" and was like, "Did you have money riding on Boston over Houston? That seems unlikely."

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ha ha ha so guess what, McDonald's just sent over six commercials they literally are asking to start being on the radio yesterday.

I hate McDonald's. I hate the end of the month.

GasBandit

GasBandit

DID I MENTION I'm not the world's biggest fan of McDonald's?

PatrThom

PatrThom

DID I MENTION I'm not the world's biggest fan of McDonald's?
I think you did, a year or so ago.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh look it's the end of the broadcast month and I HATE MCDONALDS EVEN MORE THAN USUAL[DOUBLEPOST=1511373846,1511373416][/DOUBLEPOST]
Indeed, most of the new commercials they've sent down are about the McRib.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

People suck. I should be allowed to stab them.

PatrThom

PatrThom

People suck. I should be allowed to stab them.
You can!
Just yourself, though.
Also, there are limits.

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You can!
Just yourself, though.
Also, there are limits.

--Patrick
That sounds like something a people would say ...

=stab=

fade

fade

That photo pose where a person lifts up the front of their shirt to show off their abs. Male or Female.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

People wishing me Happy New Year.

Bubble181

Bubble181

People wishing me Happy New Year.
Have as much enjoyable time as possible in the coming 365 days, without too much heartache or pain, I guess.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That photo pose where a person lifts up the front of their shirt to show off their abs. Male or Female.
Most selfie poses are horrifically obnoxious other than a straight on face shot.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Most selfie poses are horrifically obnoxious other than a straight on face shot.
Ugh, the overhead. Getting so tired of that.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

--Patrick
Not a big fan of hair?

7F2E78B6-58BA-43E4-AE7D-2972EACBDD4A.jpeg
[DOUBLEPOST=1514995684,1514995576][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow, I can see why. I'm glad I don't have to look at my hair all day long!

The gray is coming in nicely, though. Shame about that thin spot.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Not a big fan of hair?

View attachment 26442[DOUBLEPOST=1514995684,1514995576][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow, I can see why. I'm glad I don't have to look at my hair all day long!

The gray is coming in nicely, though. Shame about that thin spot.

20180103_122434.jpg

Stawp.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Not a big fan of hair?
More like the "the rest of my body is now obscured by my giant head" pose.

--Patrick

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

--Patrick
I mean. I can tell you why people do that and take pictures of themselves from that angle, myself included. :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

It hides chin fat.

Done it myself.

fade

fade

It hides chin fat.

Done it myself.
Wasn't he a Bond villain?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I don't want to know what the top of my hair looks like.[DOUBLEPOST=1515011534,1515011479][/DOUBLEPOST]Although omg, that's probably the only view of my hair anyone but my kids sees. Even my cars see it from above.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I mean. I can tell you why people do that and take pictures of themselves from that angle, myself included. :)
Oh, I know.
I just wish advertising media hadn't also latched onto it, because now it's just soooooo hackneyed.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's the end of the moooooooooooooonth

At least McDonalds isn't the problem child this time.

drifter

drifter

It's the end of the moooooooooooooonth
Are you pretty Bizzy?

strawman

strawman

I'm guessing fallout from the superb owl?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm guessing fallout from the superb owl?
That is one part. The rest is mostly just various people not having their shit together on things that should be standard by now.

At least it doesn't look like it will keep me late.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I hope everybody involved with the advertising agency for Central Texas Honda Dealers gets an angry porcupine lodged in their colon.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What brand of colon? I really love how colon smells...

GasBandit

GasBandit

THE HOME DEPOT. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Also the owner/president of my company, for selling 9 billion spots to the home depot at 30 cents a spot because the bottom line looked nice.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Also the owner/president of my company, for selling 9 billion spots to the home depot at 30 cents a spot because the bottom line looked nice.
Hey, US$2.7 billion is a lot of money. Even more than a dump truck full.

—Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

At least you don't have to deal with Menard's.

PatrThom

PatrThom

At least you don't have to deal with Menard's.
I hear you can save good money there.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

And they never. Let. You. FORGET. It.

Bubble181

Bubble181

You're repeating yourself, they were in the OP :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

You're repeating yourself, they were in the OP :p
A lot of those guys in OP are repeat offenders, but nobody's as bad as Home Depot.

jwhouk

jwhouk

"You save big money, you save big money, when you shop Me-NAAAAARRRDDDS..."

Listen to that a few hundred times, then try to convince me about Home Depot.

strawman

strawman

More power, more doing, that's the power of the home depot
You have questions? We have answers. Radio Shack.
We are farmers, da da da da da da da
Nationwide your kid just died is on your side
Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!
Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is
Five dollar. Five dollar. Five dollar foot long.
I am stuck on bandaid, 'cause bandaid's stuck on me!
Give me a break, give me a break, break me offa piece of that kit kat bar.
The best part of waking up is folgers in your cup
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony
Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?
I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys r us kid...
I wish I was an oscar meyer wiener
Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese...

PatrThom

PatrThom

...pickles onions on a sesame seed bun DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAAASS wait no that’s not right

—Patrick

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

This post.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Head on. Apply directly to the forehead.

Gared

Gared

Head on. Apply directly to the forehead.
1-877-cars for Kids, K A R S cars for kids. Donate your car today.
Call J G Wentworth, 877 cash now. 877 cash now. 877 cash now!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Call J G Wentworth, 877 cash now. 877 cash now. 877 cash now!
I-have-a-struc-tured-set-tle-ment-but-NEED-CASH-NOWWWW

PatrThom

PatrThom

Eight hundred five eight eeeight two three hundred ... EMPIIIIRE! (Today)
We’re Beatrice.
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife
Now direct from France it’s the amazing French Mouli
Berries and cream, berries and cream
Fresh goes better with Mentos fresh and full of life
Sometimes you need a little Finesse...

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Berries and cream, berries and cream

Frank

Frank

Dealing with my older cousin. He's intimidated me since I was a kid (he's 8 years older). He's always been a piece of shit. Constant law problems, so you can imagine how well we get along now. I see that he now has a confederate flag tattoo on his arm. This racist fucking moron hasn't lived anywhere but Alberta or Ontario his whole life.

One night of listening to him complain to my grandma and aunt about Muslims and Trudeau won't kill me.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Arrest him for displaying hate speech. Every single time you see him.