This just in, FIFA likely corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry that I'm being an inconvenience to you for getting physically ill by the drone of bees during the last World Cup and would like to watch the great sport of soccer without such noise pollution drilling into my skull without having to resort to being forced to watch it at home ON MY COMPUTER like some loner. I'm sorry that my interest of being able to watch this great sport in a sports bar surrounded by friends while drinking Guinness without the drone of bees killing everyone's fun too hard to realize for some who, evidently, don't leave their homes. Heck, to be able to flic on the TV and watch a game of soccer without anti-vuvuzela condom tech to protect me from being raped sonically.
So then go to a bar where the owner/employees aren't morons and have figured out that you can equalize out the vuvuzelas? :noidea: Shit ain't rocket science. Or if by chance you're a regular at the bar you're watching the games at, where you probably know the bartenders/waitstaff, you could just make the suggestion to them. Or hell, just get a bunch of your friends at someone's house and watch.There's stuff you can do about it besides whine like a bitch on the internet.

And as I mentioned, you can do this directly on a tv, you don't need a computer. Unless you have some bunk-ass cathode tube relic, odds are good your tv has a user EQ setting.

Also, thanks for essentially calling me a shut-in loser for trying to help you enjoy your favorite game. I appreciate it. :p

-edit-

Dumb, rude and crude, huh? I guess I hit the trifecta.[/QUOTE]

Waiting... (2005) - IMDb

I'm sorry that I'm being an inconvenience to you for getting physically ill by the drone of bees during the last World Cup and would like to watch the great sport of soccer without such noise pollution drilling into my skull without having to resort to being forced to watch it at home ON MY COMPUTER like some loner. I'm sorry that my interest of being able to watch this great sport in a sports bar surrounded by friends while drinking Guinness without the drone of bees killing everyone's fun too hard to realize for some who, evidently, don't leave their homes. Heck, to be able to flic on the TV and watch a game of soccer without anti-vuvuzela condom tech to protect me from being raped sonically.
So then go to a bar where the owner/employees aren't morons and have figured out that you can equalize out the vuvuzelas? :noidea: Shit ain't rocket science. Or if by chance you're a regular at the bar you're watching the games at, where you probably know the bartenders/waitstaff, you could just make the suggestion to them. Or hell, just get a bunch of your friends at someone's house and watch.There's stuff you can do about it besides whine like a bitch on the internet.

And as I mentioned, you can do this directly on a tv, you don't need a computer. Unless you have some bunk-ass cathode tube relic, odds are good your tv has a user EQ setting.

Also, thanks for essentially calling me a shut-in loser for trying to help you enjoy your favorite game. I appreciate it. :p

-edit-

Dumb, rude and crude, huh? I guess I hit the trifecta.[/QUOTE]

This is silly. You really think a bar is going to go out of it's way to tweak the fucking EQ on their 200 tvs hanging from the ceilings?

I remember the first time I heard the vuvuzela. I was sitting in a hospital emergency room with a prisoner who had faked a seizure. The droning noise started to wear on me to the point where when I found out where it was coming from I was ready to put a bullet in it. True story.

200? I don't think I've ever been in a bar that has more than 20. I would expect only the match showing on the big screens would have sound piped through; setting the EQ for the house system would not be a big deal, I would think. Granted, asking them to change the EQ is largely only feasible if you're a regular, or a generous tipper. Finding a bar that's already figured it out is probably the best bet.

Jay, I'm glad to find others who hated the vuvuzela whine as much as I do. I basically watched two games and then refused to watch anymore as the drone was intolerable. I like stadium ambience but that was just plain stupid and constant noise.

For myself, I don't have a fancy sound system with an equalizer and if I couldn't watch the game on my big screen TV I certainly wasn't going to try and watch it on my crappy computer monitor.

Fuck vuvuzelas.

Also, FIFA are a bunch of wankers... Russia... not such a bad choice in the grand scheme of things? Qatar? They must be getting some damn good bribes for that bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.