[Brazelton] Twitter

GasBandit

Staff member
Some are starting to talk about doing a "cold boot" of Twitter.

But there's a problem.

Decades of band-aid patches with the assumption of always-available interdependent connections has rendered the entire thing a house of cards made of wet spaghetti.

You can't "turn twitter off and on again" because it's exceedingly likely it won't turn back on. At all.

1668473871708.png

I have to stop every few hours to thrash on an electric guitar and do a kickflip whilst firing a gun. Bosses orders.

As soon as I heard about that email with the opt-in thing, I knew 100% they were going to try and use it as a "This person resigned, we didn't fire them!" to sidestep a lot of unemployment benefits and legal protections.

So, two things. One, this very long 69-tweet long thread, which has a backup archive (hyperlink here) is INCREDIBLY damning for Musk and his education claims. With a lot of receipts to back it up.

Second, that email Musk sent around mentioned earlier? Yeah, that went about as well as everyone figured it would. One person was quoted: " "From my larger group of 50 people, 10 are staying, 40 are taking the severance. Elon set up meetings with a few who plan to quit." Also, the VAST majority of people that chose to stay are on visas, which is telling.

So, Musk fired about 50% Twitter staff already. Then fired more from that 50% who spoke out against him (some internally or privately, which he was able to find out through leaks). And now even more are choosing not to stay because of said email.

At this point, calling it a skeleton crew remaining would be an insult to skeleton crews.

I hope that it's just that Twitter is shutting down and not that there's an active shooter in the building or something.
It's shutting down because 75% of the remaining employees refused to sign that ridiculous letter. So now they're scrambling.

I don't expect Twitter to work for much longer.

Nothing like getting off work and opening up Twitter to hopefully enjoy some AEW tweets and jokes and such and it's the fucking apocalypse.

Real bummer.

I will miss Twitter.

It's just you and me Halforums. You're my last social media stone I have left. No facebook, instagram, etc. Twitter going away. A total aversion to actually using Discord.