[Brazelton] Twitter

And you can no longer buy twitter blue in the US.
Yeah, it's been shut down for now:

Apparently people inside twitter told him he should use a different icon for this new non-verified verified, but he wouldn't listen. He blew it just because his ego is too fragile. I don't think he's doing this on purpose, he just had a shitty idea publicly and couldn't stand it when people made fun of him for it.

Part of me is reeeally happy that is so plain for everyone to see that billionaires are not godly geniuses.

As someone who barely dipped her toe in it...eh. No big loss. (...She said, while desperately clinging to her chosen forum.) But if there's anything I've learned, something else will take its place, and Gen Z or whatever Li'l Z's generation is at this point will do it. We're becoming internet dinosaurs, and the Ice Age is upon us.

But before we go, a big Fuck Zuck, Musk, and all the other shitlords that made money making the world worse. A thousand anal cancers upon you.

As someone who barely dipped her toe in it...eh. No big loss. (...She said, while desperately clinging to her chosen forum.) But if there's anything I've learned, something else will take its place, and Gen Z or whatever Li'l Z's generation is at this point will do it. We're becoming internet dinosaurs, and the Ice Age is upon us.

But before we go, a big Fuck Zuck, Musk, and all the other shitlords that made money making the world worse. A thousand anal cancers upon you.
I deleted my two Twitter accounts. Which meant absolutely nothing, because I never used them--one was a personal Twitter I created to try out this new thing and the other for a gaming guild I dropped out of years ago. But it felt good to add to the numbers of people leaving.

I hope GenZ (and beyond) learns from this and the next thing isn't as toxic.

Does anyone feel like Musk has lost it?

In China, a Tesla went out of control when it accelerated at high speed and couldn't be stopped. The resulting accidents killed 2 people and injured the driver.

Musk's reaction on Twitter to the video was just two laugh emoji. He deleted it not soon after when I guess he realized how bad it looked.

I don't think he ever actually wanted Twitter and was trying to pull off some stunt, and the strain of being forced to go through with the takeover and all the trolling he is enduring has broken him.

I don't think he ever actually wanted Twitter and was trying to pull off some stunt, and the strain of being forced to go through with the takeover and all the trolling he is enduring has broken him.
He very publicly tried to get out of the deal and was forced into buying it. This isn’t conjecture. It is very well documented.

He's that guy who has to go out of his way to make sure you know that he doesn't care about something. Like a jock who has to announce that they don't know anything about star wars because they were too busy having sex in highschool, but also they typed this in the comments section of a star wars fan video on YouTube.

It's that Ben Shapiro school of debate where you win if you don't seem to care and lose if you get any amount emotional. Oh, someone died because my car is shit? I simply must show everyone that I don't care so they know how strong I am! Anyone who does care is weak and not worth listening to! Haha! I am very smart!

I'm fairly certain there is something genuinely wrong with Elon Musk. I don't if he was like this before becoming uber-rich, but he seems unable to understand basic human emotions or social interactions.

Not an excuse. More like a sad observation. He is a malfunctioning adult with way too much power and influence.

I'm fairly certain there is something genuinely wrong with Elon Musk. I don't if he was like this before becoming uber-rich, but he seems unable to understand basic human emotions or social interactions.

Not an excuse. More like a sad observation. He is a malfunctioning adult with way too much power and influence.
Elon Musk comes from slave powered emerald mine money. He has NEVER not been uber-rich.

Well, his dad was rich from apartheid emerald mining, so profiting from human suffering would have been the norm. Hard for empathy to develop there