[Brazelton] Twitter

Yeah, but which one has been observably worse for your mental health?
Twitter, probably. I've been pulled into far more bad faith arguments and harassed on there far, FAR more.

But since we don't have that many users on here by comparison, my constant need to refresh the page for new content doesn't always bear new fruit like it often does on Twitter.

There are rumors that quiet emails are being sent to certain recently fired employees whose positions turned out to actually be essential, asking them to come back. Here’s hoping they’ve already made other plans.

I mean, I barely used Twitter, but I still liked using it as a way to see what other people were saying. And now I feel guilty for saying this, but I want to see it collapse and burn just to consume more of Elon’s petty cash in the hopes that it’ll inhibit him from committing any future stupidity. Maybe Automattic can swoop in and pick them up for just a couple billion sometime in March, yeah.

—Patrick

Twitter staff just completely quitting en masse and the whole platform collapsing in on itself is a lovely dream.
The media keeps talking about this "outsized influence" Twitter has, without apparently the least bit of self awareness that it's entirely them giving it that influence.
Let senators debate in the senate, government defense their position in cabinet and to parliament. Just don't hyper focus on everything they feel like putting out there, FFS.

So looks like he is just going to assume all free users are trolls or bots and make it so the algorithm always prioritizes people that pay him.

Free speech, everyone.

Free speech, everyone.
"Can be yours free for the low, low price of just eight dollars a month!"
Unfortunately, as has already been discussed, since Twitter is a private company, he is completely within his rights to run it however he pleases, even if that means "All tweets must be in English and may not use the letters 'E' or 'M.'"

--Patrick

Oh I know it's in his rights to do so. I have always believed Twitter can choose to do whatever it wants with how people use its platform. I just find it funny that his entire shtick was that it wasn't "free" enough, that was why he bought it, and now he's making it more restricted by adding castes among users.

I think I'm just sick of the overall hypocrisy of these people.

"Free speech!"
"Okay, I'll use my free speech to change my name and profile picture to jokingly pretend to be you."
"Wait, no, not like that."

Musk.JPG

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Twitter asks some laid off workers to come back, Bloomberg reports

"After Twitter Inc laid off roughly half its staff on Friday following Elon Musk's $44 billion acquisition, the company is now reaching out to dozens of employees who lost their jobs and asking them to return, Bloomberg News reported on Sunday.

"Some of those who are being asked to return were laid off by mistake. Others were let go before management realized that their work and experience may be necessary to build the new features Musk envisions, the report said citing people familiar with the moves."

It’s frustrating becuase I love this so much but I also love twitter and will genuinely miss it once he either destroys it or completely ruins it to the point where it’s not worth using.

The thing is, Tesla was wildly overvalued considering what it actually did as a car company. Owning Tesla stock was effectively betting on Elon Musk being a genius visionary, and he’s done a fantastic job since buying twitter of making that undeniably false.

The thing is, Tesla was wildly overvalued considering what it actually did as a car company. Owning Tesla stock was effectively betting on Elon Musk being a genius visionary, and he’s done a fantastic job since buying twitter of making that undeniably false.
Yeah that's my primary take. More and more people are realizing that Tesla makes an average luxury car and an average electric car, and that by combining the two you don't get an amazing car.

Thing is, though, Musk also used his Tesla stock as collateral for the Twitter buyout. So if the stock continues to drop, that's more he loses because of all this nonsense.

I can't believe the guy who has been lying for a decade about self-driving cars, lied about the hyperloop, lied about tunnels, lied about Mars, lied about his cave rescue submarine, lied about luxury space travel, lied about 20+ launches a year, and lied about solar panels lied about his plans for Twitter.