[News] US Capitol Siege 6 January 2021

GasBandit

Staff member
That's about as surprising as this news:

I mean, to be fair, if you actually manage to have your protest force your way into the capitol and you DON'T smear shit on everything? You wasted an opportunity.

You know, between this and the guy who died by tazing himself in the balls* while trying to steal a painting of Tip O'Neill, it's clear only the best people are in Y'all Qaeda.

*I haven't gotten official confirmation on whether it was specifically the balls, but let's assume yes.

figmentPez

Staff member
Feds say police found a pickup truck full of bombs and guns near Capitol insurrection as wide-ranging investigation unfurls

"An Alabama man allegedly parked a pickup truck packed with 11 homemade bombs, an assault rifle and a handgun two blocks from the US Capitol building on Wednesday for hours before authorities ever noticed, according to federal prosecutors.

"Another man allegedly showed up in the nation's capital with an assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition and told acquaintances that he wanted to shoot or run over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, prosecutors said."

The pickup truck belonged to Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Falkville, Alabama
"Coffman, 70, told police he had mason jars filled with 'melted Styrofoam and gasoline.' Federal investigators believe that combination, if exploded, would have the effect of napalm 'insofar as it causes the flammable liquid to better stick to objects that it hits upon detonation,' according to the court record."

"None of the weapons found in his truck or on his person were registered to him."

Feds say police found a pickup truck full of bombs and guns near Capitol insurrection as wide-ranging investigation unfurls

"An Alabama man allegedly parked a pickup truck packed with 11 homemade bombs, an assault rifle and a handgun two blocks from the US Capitol building on Wednesday for hours before authorities ever noticed, according to federal prosecutors.

"Another man allegedly showed up in the nation's capital with an assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition and told acquaintances that he wanted to shoot or run over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, prosecutors said."

The pickup truck belonged to Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Falkville, Alabama
"Coffman, 70, told police he had mason jars filled with 'melted Styrofoam and gasoline.' Federal investigators believe that combination, if exploded, would have the effect of napalm 'insofar as it causes the flammable liquid to better stick to objects that it hits upon detonation,' according to the court record."

"None of the weapons found in his truck or on his person were registered to him."
I predict a lot of thoughts and prayers coming up.

Sure, that's what they all say.
Honestly, I can't stand XKCD. And while I can sympathize with a thread titled "XKCD makes me sad", I imagine going in there would involve seeing XKCD comics. Which I'd prefer not to do.

I used to have a co-worker who'd show me XKCD comics every week, which was immediately followed by me saying "you remember how I don't like XKCD?" He'd always go "but this one..."

1610202770808.png

The government needs to be cleansed top to bottom. Anyone that has been appointed by Trump has to be removed. We can't let the foxes stay in the hen house after the alpha fox leaves. It only leaves the door open for another alpha fox to take over.

figmentPez

Staff member
Would you prefer they call it "Capitol Building Incursion"? Because oh boy, that would look bad on the official records.
"Electoral College Certification Protest" would have fine, but not the revisionist history of pretending this was about the First Amendment, after the fact.

Last edited:
2021 Sacking of Capitol building by an insurrectionist army of 2020 Presidential candidate Cheeto supporters.

I share your coworker's confusion. Given what you do and who you are, it seems like exactly the sort of thing that would be right up your alley.

I assume this is more about trying to justify their rationale for delaying/obstructing the National Guard deployment.

--Patrick
Many XKCD comics boil down to "I'm smarter than you, and because of that, I'm better than you." Or at least that's how it feels to me. It's just not my thing.
Case in point (this one he had on his office wall)