Valheim

GasBandit

Staff member
Glad I held off on buying this game, then. Hopefully the devs can do something about it.
It's not horrible, as long as you are literally not flattening mountains. I've got a trench around my main base and it does drop it to about 30 fps, but on the other hand, I've flattened a 50m circle somewhere else on the map, and still get 50+.

I just brought it up to Snuffles because he just went on a MASSIVE terraforming campaign.

I remember Empyrion had a similar problem, where all terrain changes were saved as deltas to the procedurally generated content rather than altering the planet's actual geometry.

--Patrick

It's not horrible, as long as you are literally not flattening mountains. I've got a trench around my main base and it does drop it to about 30 fps, but on the other hand, I've flattened a 50m circle somewhere else on the map, and still get 50+.

I just brought it up to Snuffles because he just went on a MASSIVE terraforming campaign.
Joking aside I've never had any problems and I flatten everything before I build on it.

*recalls old Minecraft saves* Yeah, I'm still gonna hold off, at least for a little while

So this shit must be the bees knees eh? The numbers on Steam are absolutely bonkers and I see you all logging into it on and off all day.

GasBandit

Staff member
So this shit must be the bees knees eh? The numbers on Steam are absolutely bonkers and I see you all logging into it on and off all day.
It's addictive AF. Kinda a hybrid minecraft/terraria 3d game with zelda combat mechanics and a Skyrim costume.

I have a forest soundtrack that does the same thing... rain falling on leaves, occasional thunder, and then some elk or something has to go and bust in with HNREeeeeeeEEEEONK! over and over again.

--Patrick

I just relistened to the louis ck bit (which I hadn't heard in quite some time)...maybe stop listening before the last 20 or 30 seconds of the video. heh.

GasBandit

Staff member
Patch day!

Hello Valheimers!
Todays patch has some major changes, the biggest change is the updated socket backend which should improve connection issues for a lot of players. Vulkan support as been enabled in Windows builds and can be enabled for now by adding "-force-vulkan" as a launch option in Steam properties for Valheim. This might fix some random crashes related to GPU drivers. World corruption caused by loging out and and the same time pressing ALT+F4 has been fixed. Some balancing fixes was made on bosses to make them more challenging ( u guys are killing them too fast ).

NOTE: Due to changes in character save data, once a character has been loaded & saved in this new version, they can no longer be loaded in an older version of valheim.

* Crafting item-dupe bug fix
* Harpooned player & ship bug fix
* Fixed player ragdoll
* Bonemass,Moder,Yagluth difficulty tweaks
* Moder music updated
* Tombstone bugfix (probably wont fix disappearing tombstones though)
* Fixed world corruption caused by pressing ALT+F4 while logging out.
* Deathsquitos have slightly longer audio range
* Tweaked audio on blast-furnace & spinning wheel
* Shared map position setting is saved per world
* Updated network stats (F2)
* Building destruction drop-fix
* Vulkan support in windows builds
* Network disconnection bugfix
* Updated socket-backend

GasBandit

Staff member
Completely demolished and rebuilt the house. This is where Emrys and I (and Celt Z) live, now. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and it allowed me to consolidate my crafting and living spaces, making more room for farming. Now the empty workshop (the wood structure on the right) only has some portals left in it... I need to tear that down and rebuild it as an actually aesthetically pleasant portal nexus.

1614494535693.png

Completely demolished and rebuilt the house. This is where Emrys and I (and Celt Z) live, now. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and it allowed me to consolidate my crafting and living spaces, making more room for farming. Now the empty workshop (the wood structure on the right) only has some portals left in it... I need to tear that down and rebuild it as an actually aesthetically pleasant portal nexus.

View attachment 37233
I assume my new "room" is the shed outback, as a reminder to not be a deadbeat and build my old cardboard box?

GasBandit

Staff member
I assume my new "room" is the shed outback, as a reminder to not be a deadbeat and build my old cardboard box?
Your new room is fuckin' plush. Note that you have an actual bed with furs and blankets and stuff instead of a box of straw to sleep on.

1614531852756.jpeg

Why would you ever possibly want to move out, with views like these?

1614531876869.jpeg

Ok, but if you ever want the place to yourselves, this is NOT the way to do it. Just sayin'.

May have to go check out my sweet Viking digs later today...
I mean, if you really want to give them space, I also just built a new house and I have an extra room.

I mean, if you really want to give them space, I also just built a new house and I have an extra room.
Possibly? Mr. Z has been asking me about the game lot today, so there is a possibility he may give it a shot tonight. If he gets into it, we may end up with our own place*.

*which I am hoping he will build because I am lazy about that sort of thing. Left to my own devices, I would probably have a hovel like Terrik's.

Possibly? Mr. Z has been asking me about the game lot today, so there is a possibility he may give it a shot tonight. If he gets into it, we may end up with our own place*.

*which I am hoping he will build because I am lazy about that sort of thing. Left to my own devices, I would probably have a hovel like Terrik's.
I'm playing in single player with my husband and he makes me do all the building lol.

I do recommend though that you find a new area to build, just because lag has been becoming an issue when too many things get built near each other. Snuffles and I are pretty much only using Base v2 to store our stuff and engaging in building projects on opposite sides of the map to reduce lag.