Valheim

GasBandit

Staff member
I did not know you still had the server even running.

--Patrick
Yep. Most of my other servers have fallen by the wayside (though I can update and start them back up again at almost a moment's notice, aside from Empyrion), but Valheim is forever (Because it's SO low maintenance).

I had to begrudgingly shut down my KF2 server though because it was getting DDOS'd.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just a heads up, the patch this week changed how local games are stored. Doesn't matter to most people - but if you want to use mods, you're going to have to update your version of bepinex again.

If you don't want to use mods, you'll have to uninstall bepinex, as the old version will make the latest version of Valheim crash on launch, as per usual when Valheim updates.

GasBandit

Staff member

Looks like I'll be working on updating the server today.

Probably gonna be some bepinex chicanery that needs to happen, too.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, the current version of Bepinex actually does work.

But some of the mods have not been updated yet. Most notably the automatic inventory stack/deposit mod >_<

Edit, nm, that mod seems to be working without update. There are some other mods that need updates though, working on a package for it.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
And in case anybody's forgotten the server connection info it is 50.24.115.34 port 42456 and the password is T****ksThong and you should know what those stars really are.

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright, I think I've got everything working again for mods - extract this zip into the root of your Valheim installation in your steam library, and you should be good.

Includes:
Latest version of Bepinex for Valheim (required for mods to work)
Plant Everything (Lets you plant any kind of plant, including berry bushes and mushrooms)
AutoFuel (lets fires, torches, etc fuel themselves from nearby containers using wood/resin/etc)
CameraMod (lets you "zoom" all the way into your character's head to play in first person view if you so desire)
CraftFromContainers (lets you craft and build using ingredients in nearby containers as if they were in your inventory)
FarmGrid (assists you in planting crops exactly as far apart as they need to be to grow)
FastLink (one-click connection to servers, with an entry preconfigured for my server)
MassFarming (lets you plant up to a 5x5 grid of crops simultaneously)
NoToolDelay (Lets you plant/harvest crops as fast as you can click with no cooldown)
QuickStack (lets you hit tilde ` to automatically deposit items from your inventory into nearby containers that already have some of that item in them)
RememberIPDammit (remembers the IP of the last server you connected to, might not work anymore)
ServerSideMap (oops, no longer really does anything now that cartography tables are a vanilla thing)
ShowMe (defaults your map to showing your location to others on the server instead of hiding)

Last edited:
They HAD to release this update right around Christmas, didn't they? Couldn't they have waited until January when I have nothing to do?!?

...Not that it's stopping me from playing, but not as much as I'd like.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night after everybody else had gone to bed, we got a blob raid, and an oozer managed to jump the wall. Before I could deal with it it killed all but two of the Boars.

I'll be raising the height of the wall to maximum today.

GasBandit

Staff member
And in case that makes anybody nervous, I just verified that the server IS in fact making automatic save backups every 12 hours, and I just created a task to back up the backups.

So why haven't they incorporated these traditions into the Valheim Yule celebration?!? :rofl:

In Iceland, Christmas is ruled by Jólakötturinn, The Yule Cat, a gigantic black feline that roams the countryside devouring anyone who isn’t wearing any new clothing. The legend of The Yule cat was said to have been started by farmers to frighten their workers into completing their work by Christmas. Yay, Capitalism!

Because a mountain-sized cat eating you for being off-trend isn’t frightening enough, Icelandic Christmas traditions also include The Yule Lads. Like a Bizarro-world versions of Santa’s Elves, The 13 Yule Lads roam the countryside bedeviling all. A sample of their ways: Stekkjarstaurm, (Sheep Harasser) is known for his two wooden legs (and for harassing sheep.) Stúfur (Stubby) steals pans to eat the crust therein. Gluggagægir (Window Peeper) looks in windows for something to steal, and Ketkrókur (Meat-hook), uses a hook to steal meat. Just a little something to think about when you’re nestled all snug in your bed.

GasBandit

Staff member
So today I discovered one of the dozens of new recipes that scrolled by us instantly was Wisp Torches.

You can build these anywhere, 1 wisp + 1 yggdrasil wood, and they never need refueling and they push back the mistlands mist.

/headdesk

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, this guy sure knows how to make a thumbnail that gets me to click.

Apparently Ooze bombs are useful now.