Video Game News and Miscellany

My PS5 is a glorified dust magnet. Most games that I want to play, also release on PC (might take a year) which I prefer playing on. I use it mostly when friend are over to play couch coop, but even then, they prefer Mario Kart or Brawl on the Switch.

Yeah... running the numbers, getting a PS5 and the disk drive is basically the equivalent of $1200 in Japan. You could get a good PC for that price.

PS5 just doesn't have the games to justify this. The Demon's Souls remake is inferior to the original, a new God of War is years off, and I don't care about the next remake of a 5 year old game. Seriously... give me a call if you decide to put out a new Forbidden Siren game, but otherwise ya'll need to get your shit in order.

Yeah... running the numbers, getting a PS5 and the disk drive is basically the equivalent of $1200 in Japan. You could get a good PC for that price.

PS5 just doesn't have the games to justify this. The Demon's Souls remake is inferior to the original, a new God of War is years off, and I don't care about the next remake of a 5 year old game. Seriously... give me a call if you decide to put out a new Forbidden Siren game, but otherwise ya'll need to get your shit in order.
Spider-Man 2 is PS5 exclusive at the moment and it's spectacular. Well...it's exclusive for now.

Astro Bot has been a big hit. Since it's so Sony specific, I don't see it going to PC any time soon.

But outside of that? Yeah, if you already have a gaming PC, there's no need for a PS5. I like it for my own preferences, like couch gaming or watching movies, but it really is lacking in good, exclusive reasons to get it.

One thing I do enjoy with it is PS Plus, because it let's me play all kinds of games on it and save having to buy them. I bought the annual pass last year and it's definitely paid off for me.