Video Game News and Miscellany

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm wondering how long it will be before we get PC emulators on smartphones. Obviously there are versions of DOSbox for Android, but I'm thinking about emulators that attempt to run Windows games. There's Vulkan support on Android, and thus Proton should be able to work for graphics calls. The only thing left is the x86 to ARM barrier, and that's getting tackled by Box86/Box64. Even if it's inefficient, it should still be enough to tackle older games.

It'll be really interesting if, in a couple year's time, people are running (older) Windows games on cellphones.

figmentPez

Staff member

Well, Greg Street is a big fat liar, and a colossal misogynist to boot.

"Unwanted distraction", yeah, I'm sure all the abusers, rapists, harassers, and other assholes in the gaming industry would like to get back to abusing, raping, harassing and general assholery, but there are more important things to be doing right now. Now is the time to care for victims, not whine about how you wish you could go on ignoring the problem.

Good grief these bullshit apologies. "I'm sorry I wasn't better at dealing with the public", "I'm sorry I made tweets detailing my crimes", "I'm sorry to the misogynistic fans who don't like hearing women speak, we tried to shut them up" Just spewing unending garbage out of their mouths.

Workers unionizing to work together to defend their rights should be absolutely A-OK in an actual capitalist marketplace - workers have as much right as companies to join together, form alliances, etc as companies do. It's a lobby group and a company offering support services for their customers, the members.
That Americans have somehow been convinced that they're bad and evil is one of the biggest accomplishments of corporate propaganda.

Mind you that in a country or sector where there ARE strong unions, a whole other host of things can go horribly wrong - I'm definitely not in favor of all unions all the time and everywhere. But there's a (bloody) reason why union busting and refusing to employ unionized workers is illegal in quite a few countries. You want guillotines? 'cause forcing people into servitude without protection is a good way to get guillotines.

In a shock to no one, Activision is going full corpo union busting in response to all of this. Not a God damn thing about the issues raised or the THOUSAND employees demanding change just make sure no unions materialize. If you ever spend a dime on anything Activision Blizzard again, you're complicit.

Already cancelled my wow accounts. I was already extremely upset with Blizzard for other, more personal reasons, but this made me realize my account was not worth keeping active.

In a shock to no one, Activision is going full corpo union busting in response to all of this. Not a God damn thing about the issues raised or the THOUSAND employees demanding change just make sure no unions materialize. If you ever spend a dime on anything Activision Blizzard again, you're complicit.
Broke my wizard security dongle a year and change ago.

Last edited:
This trailer for Stray looks interesting:

Cybercat 2077 or maybe Kittypunk?
Ehhh, I don't know. I was into this until the Cyberpunk elements and abilities started up. I think a more grounded approach playing a cat without "powers" would've been more interesting. Kind of like how Red Dead Redemption was originally going to have weird supernatural elements but they decided to make it more grounded.

At the urging of the Chancellor, I tried to smoosh my WoW authenticator. It didn't want to go. Pliers just scratched the sides. Couldn't pry it apart. Flinging it to the floor, it just bounced off the floor, the ceiling, and landed in the crevice next to the refrigerator. Had to take a stick to retrieve it.

Next step will be bolt cutters at work tonight.

At the urging of the Chancellor, I tried to smoosh my WoW authenticator. It didn't want to go. Pliers just scratched the sides. Couldn't pry it apart. Flinging it to the floor, it just bounced off the floor, the ceiling, and landed in the crevice next to the refrigerator. Had to take a stick to retrieve it.

Maybe I'm just being dumb, but isn't an authenticator just a app or program? I don't know of any authenticator hardware.

That seems excessive? You could just throw it away
Post automatically merged:

Maybe I'm just being dumb, but isn't an authenticator just a app or program? I don't know of any authenticator hardware.
Way back when they used to make them as little battery powered dongles, before smart phones were so prevalent

Dave

Staff member
Just when you think the Activision Blizzard story couldn't possibly get worse, they go and prove you wrong.

Well in that case it was the guy who was a freaky pervert. AB actually acted on it, confiscated the stuff and contacted authorities. So while the story is bad and has a connection to AB, AB did nothing wrong here.

Well in that case it was the guy who was a freaky pervert. AB actually acted on it, confiscated the stuff and contacted authorities. So while the story is bad and has a connection to AB, AB did nothing wrong here.
That's true. It's just more bad PR for them in light of everything else.

It feels like every time I read more about the whole thing it gets worst. I read up and saw pictures of the Cosby Suite, and it made me feel really dirty.

Out of everything that's come out or been announced for the ps5, Stray is the only one that's made me think I should get one.

Good luck with that
I have absolutely no plan to any time in the foreseeable future, it's just been the first game where I've been like that looks neat. I got a PS4 at launch and it sat there for like a year after I finished Infamous, and even that while ok I only got so I had something to play, because there was nothing out. Not making the same mistake, independent of no one being able to find one.

Just when you think the Activision Blizzard story couldn't possibly get worse, they go and prove you wrong.

Yeah, that's a piece of shit being a piece of shit and not necessarily endemic to anything.

The fucking breast feeding room thing on the other hand. WOOF.

Last edited:
Good luck with that
I was in Best Buy the other day for something else. I was talking with one of the clerks about eventually getting a PS5 (once there are enough exclusives worth getting on it). He said they actually had some in stock right then. I ALMOST got one but I really don't want to spend $700 on something I'd pretty much use for playing Blu-rays and 4K discs on.

I was in Best Buy the other day for something else. I was talking with one of the clerks about eventually getting a PS5 (once there are enough exclusives worth getting on it). He said they actually had some in stock right then. I ALMOST got one but I really don't want to spend $700 on something I'd pretty much use for playing Blu-rays and 4K discs on.
Wow! I have yet to see one in stock!!