Video Game News and Miscellany

Had someone tell me it's not Kotick's fault since this was in Blizzard itself. Had to explain to them that half the issues in the lawsuit were about being brushed off or silenced by the HR department when it came to allegations. While Blizzard Ent would have their own on-site HR, most human resource departments are setup and go through channels directly to the corporate brass. Even if he was not taking part in the harassments, there is a 0% chance he didn't know about it through his agents, and a decent % chance he was the one telling people to keep quiet about it from the top down.

This isn't smoke screen for Blizzard themselves or trying to pass the buck, just that removing people from Blizzard without removing Kotick too for his likely calculated negligence isn't going to be justice.

Had someone tell me it's not Kotick's fault since this was in Blizzard itself. Had to explain to them that half the issues in the lawsuit were about being brushed off or silenced by the HR department when it came to allegations. While Blizzard Ent would have their own on-site HR, most human resource departments are setup and go through channels directly to the corporate brass. Even if he was not taking part in the harassments, there is a 0% chance he didn't know about it through his agents, and a decent % chance he was the one telling people to keep quiet about it from the top down.

This isn't smoke screen for Blizzard themselves or trying to pass the buck, just that removing people from Blizzard without removing Kotick too for his likely calculated negligence isn't going to be justice.
I guarantee what will happen is they will just drop the blizzard banner and fold everything into Activision. "See? The bad guys are gone" they will say, having only changed a name and nothing else, and the people will forget about it

figmentPez

Staff member
This will probably be nostalgic for someone on Halforums:

The Amiga 500 is getting a mini console.

Amiga 500 mini.png

12 games out of 25 have been announced:
  • Alien Breed 3D
  • Another World
  • ATR: All Terrain Racing
  • Battle Chess
  • Cadaver
  • Kick Off 2
  • Pinball Dreams
  • Simon the Sorcerer
  • Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
  • The Chaos Engine
  • Worms: The Director's Cut
  • Zool: Ninja of the "Nth" Dimension
It'll have support for loading your own ROMs via USB drive. $139.99 when it hits in 2022.

This will probably be nostalgic for someone on Halforums:

The Amiga 500 is getting a mini console.

View attachment 38565

12 games out of 25 have been announced:
  • Alien Breed 3D
  • Another World
  • ATR: All Terrain Racing
  • Battle Chess
  • Cadaver
  • Kick Off 2
  • Pinball Dreams
  • Simon the Sorcerer
  • Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
  • The Chaos Engine
  • Worms: The Director's Cut
  • Zool: Ninja of the "Nth" Dimension
It'll have support for loading your own ROMs via USB drive. $139.99 when it hits in 2022.
That is fucking expensive for an Amiga emulator

Should I play Frostpunk? I feel like I should play Frostpunk.
It's a great game with a blistering difficulty. Most people don't finish the main game successfully, let alone one of the other scenarios. That said, I highly recommend the title AND it's dlc if you're okay with failing for awhile before you really get a hang of the game.

It's also got a board game version in the works, similar to the developers previous hit title This War of Mine.

figmentPez

Staff member
Wow, Valve made a commercial for the Steam Deck. I hope they plan to show it places other than the Steam store itself, or gaming news sites mentioning it in a story about the ad.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wow, Valve made a commercial for the Steam Deck. I hope they plan to show it places other than the Steam store itself, or gaming news sites mentioning it in a story about the ad.

Uuuunnnghhh... I am in NO way a mobile/handheld gamer, and I loathe gaming without kb/m.... but watching that commercial makes me want to get one.

I preordered just cause if I do want it in the end, cool, if I don't it's a 5$ pre-order I lose.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
if I don't it's a 5$ pre-order I lose.
If you cancel your order the $5 goes in your Steam Wallet, so you don't really lose as long as you'll end up buying a game on Steam at some point after that. (And aren't bothered by the amount of time that Valve got to use your money in an interest-free loan.)

• Informative
Reactions: Far
Has anyone been following the kerfuffle about Nexus Mods and how some mod makers are removing their mods in protest? The biggest news appears to be the maker of Live Another Life (Skyrim's most popular alternate start mod) removing his mods from the Nexus.

The big protest is over Nexus mods taking autonomy away from the mod creators. Nexus is a for profit website, and one of their new paid services is curated mod collections, where you can select a package for say enhanced graphics and it will automatically download all of the mods needed and configure them in the correct load order. But in order for this to work they made it so that mod authors can no longer remove their work. They can delist it, but if it's in a collection (that they have no control over) then it will still be available, as otherwise it would break the collection.

Coming soon to Xbox/Windows...MYST?

I feel like they "myst" the chance to call it "ReMYSTered."

--Patrick

Coming soon to Xbox/Windows...MYST?

I feel like they "myst" the chance to call it "ReMYSTered."

--Patrick
I wonder if I still remember all the solutions to Myst.