WandaVision Spoiler Thread

Okay, Nexus big hint, which leads to Loki, so WandaVision leads to Dr. Strange movie and Loki TV show.

Killing Sparky. Yep, just ended that conversation that she might be a good guy.

Now, excuse me I have a theme song to sing.

Agatha's whole theme song and the "I killed Sparky too!" is waaay too over the top for the MCU. Plus with her being front & center the entire series and all of the fans immediately pointing her out as exactly the comic character she is later revealed to be, there is no way she's the actual big bad. She's being manipulated by other forces to play the bad guy right now. It remains to be seen if that "other force" is Wanda's subconcious or another being like Mephisto or Nightmare.

No, that's too big. MCU will have hints for the MCU movies, but not a major impact. They want people who watch only the movies to get full enjoyment. A full massive villain reveal is unlikely and doesn't follow their 8 episode tv pattern.

Now, I'm rusty about my Marvel History, but Agatha enlisted herself to help Wanda learn to control her *etconned* 'Hex magic' and the Richards trusted her to be Franklin's nanny. She's no Shining Knight, more of a Arcane Person who can peek behind the curtain?

Essentially.

Just thinking that the show is now in "the age of heroes", so when Monica went through she became a hero.

I am two episodes in and holy shit, if I didn't know for a fact from friends I trust that it gets better I would have 100% bailed here. I have ZERO affection for sitcoms from before I was born. I found the first two unbearably dull. Also, 5 minute credits every episode is hilarious.

I am two episodes in and holy shit, if I didn't know for a fact from friends I trust that it gets better I would have 100% bailed here. I have ZERO affection for sitcoms from before I was born. I found the first two unbearably dull. Also, 5 minute credits every episode is hilarious.
This was exactly my experience. It took me about three days and four or five tries to get through the first two episodes, and I think this is going to end up on my list of Marvel content that I won't be rewatching.

That said, it does get better as it goes along. Mostly when it steps outside of the sitcom homage/parody stuff and starts telling the actual story.

See, what I liked about those first two episodes is they fully embraced the sitcom tropes of those eras. They did it with later episodes, but the bigger story encroached on those. I honestly enjoyed those first two episodes so much that I would honestly be okay with more of it in that situational comedy style, even without the bigger mysteries. They were honestly a lot of fun. As I said when they originally came out, I enjoyed the situational comedy so much that when the insidious bigger mystery creeped in, it briefly threw me BECAUSE of how good the situational comedy was. Which a testament not just to the writers and production crew, but especially Olsen and Bettany's acting and chemistry.

That said, while I say I'd be okay with more straight situational comedy episodes, they've honestly paced the series very well. The first episode was played almost entirely straight except for the creepy dinner scene. The second episode gave us glimpses of more, like the Pleasantville-like coloring and rewind after seeing the "beekeeper." Then the third episode gave us the weird glitches like the neighbor sawing the brick and the rewind "glitch" with Vision that worked so well, I briefly thought it was your typical streaming glitch. Then the whole thing with Monica and everything just rolled downhill from there. Episode 4 was a perfect placement to give us an outsider look at things and since then, we've gotten a bit of both worlds while being peppered with answers to the mysteries along the way. That's, again, why I think the next episode will be purely Agatha-focused, much like Monica's episode. Pacing-wise, it makes sense. We get all her backstory and probably a lot more answers like Episode 4 gave us, and bring it all full circle to where we were left off this week in time for the big final episode.

The sitcom is the story.
I disagree, at least so far. The sitcom is a part of the story, but it's weighed down by a whole bunch of winking and nodding at sitcom tropes and sitcom acting and etc. For people who grew up watching and enjoying those shows, or who have enough invested to enjoy those elements I'm sure it's great, and I'm not saying the show is objectively bad for doing it. For me, though, it was boring and I almost didn't stick with it long enough to see it start turning into a bigger and more interesting narrative than "Wanda and Vision as seen through the lens of the sitcoms of different decades." Even with the pace picking up and the overall direction getting clearer I'm still spending a couple of minutes per episode rolling my eyes and waiting for the sitcom-referential interludes to stop so things can get interesting again.

They sprinkle all sorts of SUBTLE metaphors about her (their) past in there during the sitcommy shit, I just don't like old sitcoms. At all. If you were to tell me I had to watch I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith show for 8 hours or chew glass for 30 seconds, I might ask how much glass.

Ok, so I'm much further in now. Definitely a pretty fun show that I still think diddled too long in the pre-colour era.

Also, fucking laughed at loud at the walking corpses at the edge of the Hex (groan). What a shit way to die, starving to death because Wanda ain't regulating your mind enough. At least, that's what I gathered the spooky starving kid commercial was on the surface.

Last edited:
One, I am enjoying rewatching it based upon the latest reveal and how much sense it makes.

Two, there is the question of why a tv show? It can't be just kitsch, I tend towards the first messsge from space in Contact theory.

For those still thinking that Agatha is some sort of trick, or just part of the sitcom, I noticed something rather huge today.

Not sure how many of you noticed this, but whenever we are in the "sitcom" world, the aspect ratio always matches the era of the show, but whenever we were outside the influence of the Hex, the aspect ratio has been the standard 21:9. Re-watching the episode, as Wanda creeps down into the basement and approaches the "Temple", the aspect ratio slowly changes from 16:9 into 21:9, representing that she is now in "the real world" or the MCU proper. When Agatha starts her song, it snaps back to the older aspect ratios for each era. I missed it the first time because the scene itself was so dark.

If this sticks to the rules of the show, this means Agatha isn't something made up by Wanda, but that really is her true self, as the aspect ratio means they were outside the influence of the Hex.

I do seriously hope there's SOME (hinted at at least) reason why she Magic'd up Fox Quicksilver.

Kudos to the makeup people that make Paul Bettany look like the Paul Bettany of old and not the Stephen Merchant he's turned into.

Last edited:
I do seriously hope there's SOME (hinted at at least) reason why she Magic'd up Fox Quicksilver.
A friend and I have a running theory right now that Agatha is attempting to bring someone back from the dead, likely "Ralph" AKA Mephisto. It's likely Wanda went to her hoping to bring Vision back from the dead, but Agatha told her it was impossible, but then through some event we will learn about later, Wanda and Agatha created the Hex and succeeded in bringing Vision back from the dead. Wanda wouldn't tell Agatha how she actually did it though, leading to Agatha erasing their memories, expanding the Hex, and putting them into the sitcom world so she could study them as the nosy neighbor. The twins were the first test (creating life without conception) and killing Sparky was the second test (resurrecting the dog to make her kids happy) from which Wanda didn't take the bait. This likely frustrated Agatha.

So why Pietro? Because she needed to get rid of Vision so that Wanda would be forced to try resurrecting him again. She can't control Vision, however, as his own powers allow him more autonomy then she planned for, so she had to find a way to make him vulnerable. Pietro was pushed in because he was the only other person Wanda really cared about, and his involvement in the next episode was to let Wanda put her guard down. Since Agatha couldn't bring the original Pietro back from the dead, she looked through the multiverse for another version of him that she could use as a pawn instead. This almost worked, as Pietro allowed Vision to wander away from Wanda, and then she tricked Vision into leaving the Hex. She didn't expect Wanda to expand the Hex though, because she didn't know their son would be able to feel Vision's distress and react to it. This is why she took the twins now actually,, because when Billy told her he liked how silent she was, Agatha realized Billy had inherited some of Wanda's powers, and thus she no longer feels she needs Wanda to carry out her plans. She is going to try and use Billy instead.

So you might be asking, if she can look into and pull people from multiple universes, why not just pull Mephisto from another universe? Because Mephisto is a "Nexus Being" and thus exists simultaneously in all alternate universes. If he is dead in one universe, he is dead in all of them. Fun fact, but Wanda herself also becomes a Nexus Being in the comics.

Addition - On further consideration I don't think Wanda ever went to Agatha. I think Wanda did create the original Hex and brought Vision back from the dead using it, but then Agatha sensed it and had to find out how, so she infiltrated the original Hex, turning it into the sitcom world we all know now. You can see it when the song starts, as her entering the frame makes the aspect ratio change and then the color transform to black and white, showing her influencing the Hex.

Last edited:
A friend and I have a running theory right now that Agatha is attempting to bring someone back from the dead, likely "Ralph" AKA Mephisto. It's likely Wanda went to her hoping to bring Vision back from the dead, but Agatha told her it was impossible, but then through some event we will learn about later, Wanda and Agatha created the Hex and succeeded in bringing Vision back from the dead. Wanda wouldn't tell Agatha how she actually did it though, leading to Agatha erasing their memories, expanding the Hex, and putting them into the sitcom world so she could study them as the nosy neighbor. The twins were the first test (creating life without conception) and killing Sparky was the second test (resurrecting the dog to make her kids happy) from which Wanda didn't take the bait. This likely frustrated Agatha.

So why Pietro? Because she needed to get rid of Vision so that Wanda would be forced to try resurrecting him again. She can't control Vision, however, as his own powers allow him more autonomy then she planned for, so she had to find a way to make him vulnerable. Pietro was pushed in because he was the only other person Wanda really cared about, and his involvement in the next episode was to let Wanda put her guard down. Since Agatha couldn't bring the original Pietro back from the dead, she looked through the multiverse for another version of him that she could use as a pawn instead. This almost worked, as Pietro allowed Vision to wander away from Wanda, and then she tricked Vision into leaving the Hex. She didn't expect Wanda to expand the Hex though, because she didn't know their son would be able to feel Vision's distress and react to it. This is why she took the twins now actually,, because when Billy told her he liked how silent she was, Agatha realized Billy had inherited some of Wanda's powers, and thus she no longer feels she needs Wanda to carry out her plans. She is going to try and use Billy instead.

So you might be asking, if she can look into and pull people from multiple universes, why not just pull Mephisto from another universe? Because Mephisto is a "Nexus Being" and thus exists simultaneously in all alternate universes. If he is dead in one universe, he is dead in all of them. Fun fact, but Wanda herself also becomes a Nexus Being in the comics.

Addition - On further consideration I don't think Wanda ever went to Agatha. I think Wanda did create the original Hex and brought Vision back from the dead using it, but then Agatha sensed it and had to find out how, so she infiltrated the original Hex, turning it into the sitcom world we all know now. You can see it when the song starts, as her entering the frame makes the aspect ratio change and then the color transform to black and white, showing her influencing the Hex.
I am skeptical that they could convey all that to a general audience in 2 more episodes.

Vision has the Mind Stone in his head, so I want to know how. I guessing alternate dimension Vision, alternate dimension Pietro and kids, and that Agatha hopes Wanda can return some one else.

Also, the numbers on the license plate in the opening are some ones birthdate.

Awwww.

But why is it that Vision can't exist outside the Hex? Every other object so far that has come out of the Hex seems capable of keeping it's new form.

Perhaps Vision is a component of the spell and as such is integral to it. Maybe the big victory is him leaving the hex and rejoining the MCU?

I doubt it. I have a feeling Visions time is over. I hope I’m wrong though, he was under used.
Wand is going to have to make a choice. It could be say goodbye to Vision again, or maybe even to lose her kids as well. Obviously the hex will have to go away at the end, and Wanda will lose something. I don’t think she’ll make it out without a trade off.

I doubt it. I have a feeling Visions time is over. I hope I’m wrong though, he was under used.
Wand is going to have to make a choice. It could be say goodbye to Vision again, or maybe even to lose her kids as well. Obviously the hex will have to go away at the end, and Wanda will lose something. I don’t think she’ll make it out without a trade off.
Something that can be reviewed quickly for the audience in an MCU movie.

Dr Strange "In an attempt to save the life of her husband Wanda Maximoff fractured the oogidy boogidy. And now it's spreading ..."

Part of me is wondering if this ends with the hex covering everything. Changes aren't blatant, but lead to other shenanigans.

Mostly I just want to keep Vision though. He's been so good in this.

When it comes to the ending I am 50% sure that Wanda is going to "sacrifice" herself to save Vision and the twins. I have a whole theory about it that ties into the Loki series and the next Doctor Strange movie, but just in case I'm a little too on the nose I won't talk about it here.

Fire away, no theory too small, no theory too big!

My only staunch theory is that Disney will not risk the enjoyment of the movie goers over the joy of the TV streams.