WandaVision Spoiler Thread

It's like being a super powered reality warper who while grieving the loss of their soul mate is in a super fugue state and being oblivious about what is going on, getting into a car, driving over a bunch of people in the street, and once you realize what had happened not trying to excuse it by saying you didn't know what was happening but couldn't say anything to make the horrible thing you did ok.
More like THAT.

Well... and then after not being able to say anything that makes it okay you fly off, completely avoiding any kind of consequences for what you've done apart from your own guilt.
I mean, ya got me there. But I guess considering she could destroy the earth, yay?

Also, keep in mind she is the nexus of the multiverse. Like, literally the thing which is constant across all realities. I guess i call it a win when a god doesn't destroy everything.

But it's not like we are debating reality here, but a realistic interpretation of a god like being dealing with grief.

Well... and then after not being able to say anything that makes it okay you fly off, completely avoiding any kind of consequences for what you've done apart from your own guilt.
Consequences like what? Super jail? It was an accidental use of her powers that she didn't fully understand (NOT like driving over people, which is negligence at best). Jail is just a way to give one person's shitty feelings more validity over another person's shitty feelings in the form of vengeance. Jail wouldn't be any more fair than Wanda leaving. This is a situation where therapy is what is needed, not punishment.

I mean, ya got me there. But I guess considering she could destroy the earth, yay?

Also, keep in mind she is the nexus of the multiverse. Like, literally the thing which is constant across all realities. I guess i call it a win when a god doesn't destroy everything.

But it's not like we are debating reality here, but a realistic interpretation of a god like being dealing with grief.
Well the difference for me here is what the character deems okay and justified, and what the show tries to make sound okay and justified.
If it was simply Wanda flying off, avoiding consequences, because she is a grieving, confused, but overall selfish person, then that's okay because the show is showing that she is flawed and doing the wrong thing.
The end of WandaVision makes it feel like the show itself is trying to justify her decision. This is clear when Monica, who is considered a voice of reason so far, lets her go without a word. Through Monica justifying Wanda's actions so does the show.
Meanwhile a character like Superman, who could easily destroy the world too, would immediately submit himself to arrest and sit quietly in a jail cell that he could escape from at any time.

Consequences like what? Super jail? It was an accidental use of her powers that she didn't fully understand (NOT like driving over people, which is negligence at best). Jail is just a way to give one person's shitty feelings more validity over another person's shitty feelings in the form of vengeance. Jail wouldn't be any more fair than Wanda leaving. This is a situation where therapy is what is needed, not punishment.
Mind controlling people, being told that you're hurting people and then ignoring that information is a lot worse than even negligence.

As I said above. She didn't believe anyone's motives when they told her such things. When she WAS convinced she did the right thing. They made that much pretty clear, I think.
But before she did the right thing you need to ask just how much is "Willful Ignorance" an excuse for the bad stuff?

But before she did the right thing you need to ask just how much is "Willful Ignorance" an excuse for the bad stuff?
Again, I disagree that it was willful ignorance. It was distrust and disbelief in the claims (without evidence) that people were making. It would be willful ignorance if she saw it for herself and closed her eyes to it.

Again, I disagree that it was willful ignorance. It was distrust and disbelief in the claims (without evidence) that people were making. It would be willful ignorance if she saw it for herself and closed her eyes to it.
I think it also qualifies as willful ignorance if she knows there is a possibility that someone is being truthful with her about her actions, but she chooses to not even bother to check. Especially when what is being said is well within the grand scope of the situation.
Altering the car analogy a bit, It's like being inside what you think is a driving simulation (its enclosed. Sound proof. Shock proof. There is a video screen showing you a happy neighborhood.). Someone breaks inside and tells you that you are NOT in a simulation and you are hurting people. You can A) Ignore the person. Kick them out of your simulation. And continue driving without questioning what just happened, or B) at least entertain the idea that something might be wrong and taking a peek outside just to be on the safe side.
A) is willful ignorance. Choosing to ignore information so that you can blissfully live without guilt. When people are being hurt than this is punishable.

I've highjacked this thread enough.
My point is I just feel the show justified her actions. I don't like it but it's what happened. The MCU will still be one of my favorite things in entertainment.

Last edited:
I think it also qualifies as willful ignorance if she knows there is a possibility that someone is being truthful with her about her actions, but she chooses to not even bother to check. Especially when what is being said is well within the grand scope of the situation.
Altering the car analogy a bit, It's like being inside what you think is a driving simulation (its enclosed. Sound proof. Shock proof. There is a video screen showing you a happy neighborhood.). Someone breaks inside and tells you that you are NOT in a simulation and you are hurting people. You can A) Ignore the person. Kick them out of your simulation. And continue driving without questioning what just happened, or B) at least entertain the idea that something might be wrong and taking a peek outside just to be on the safe side.
A) is willful ignorance. Choosing to ignore information so that you can blissfully live without guilt. When people are being hurt than this is punishable.

I've highjacked this thread enough.
My point is I just feel the show justified her actions. I don't like it but it's what happened. The MCU will still be one of my favorite things in entertainment.
See, you have the curse of knowledge. You can see everything that Wanda cannot. Someone breaking into my car deserves suspicion and distrust.

She willingly kept the children at home and asleep to not subject them to what was going on. Pretty sure she knew.
This isn't exactly true, she did bring out the kids when she needed them for her own kids to have Halloween.

I think the issue is, Wanda knew she was controlling them, but didn't understand the extent of how she was controlling them. This isn't the best analogy, but I think she saw them as ants in an ant farm. She felt she kept them safe, fed, gave them everything she could, like better houses, better jobs, etc, but that they were still doing their own things. Remember, her mental powers up to this point were not about literal control, but instead persuasion, like sending Hulk into a rampage or giving the Avengers nightmares. She thought all the people were still "living a life", just one that she "nudged" like some kind of benevolent dictator. What she didn't understand was she was literally controlling everything they did, so much so that people on the edge of town existed like statues since they were not needed by the plotlines.

It was the finale where she finally realized the extent of her influence, and that was what freaked her out. She literally thought Agatha was mind controlling the town because she didn't realize how much she had been mind controlling them herself ("What are you doing to them?" "Their your meat puppets, I am just cutting the strings."). All the people she mainly interacted with, Vision, the Kids, Agatha, and Ralph, were never ever fully under her control, and thus they set the template she thought all the others existed as.

Very good finale. As I thought, no significant influence on any possible movies.

As a whole it revealed one big thing, Wanda is a world ending threat level character and the Pulsar origin story. It revealled TWO big things, Wanda is a world ending threat level character and the Pulsar origin story and Vision is back in the world. It revealled THREE big things, Wanda is a world ending threat level character and the Pulsar origin story and Vision is back in the world, and Darcy is the new go to scientist of the MCU. It revealled FOUR big things, Wanda is a world ending threat level character and the Pulsar origin story and Vision is back in the world, and Darcy is the new go to scientist of the MCU and FBI Agent Woo is the new Coulson. Arrgh.

It revealed one big thing, Wanda is a world ending threat level character. That's it, nothing else.

I just realized they did the "turn the lights out" thing during a finale that many sitcom finales have done. And was joked or parodied in later sitcoms.

She willingly kept the children at home and asleep to not subject them to what was going on. Pretty sure she knew.
While I see what you're saying, this point keeps coming up, and I think you're missing something vital - old sitcoms only include children when they are necessary for the plot. Like, literal family members wouldn't be seen for entire episodes if they weren't part of that weeks storyline. I actually really loved that point, because I didn't notice it at all until Vision pointed it out.

What's really funny is after this, it gives me some sympathy for Tony and the scene where he is attacking Cap. Cap says "This won't change the past" and Tony says "I don't care, he killed my mom". I get it now, more than I did then. Doesn't mean he was right, though. Remorse over what one has done is big for these characters.

I see so many people angry that certain theories - which were never promised - never came true.

No Mephisto or Nightmare. No Quicksilver from the X-Men movies.
(EDIT: No Dr Strange, no Reed Richards)

Which I don't get. Yeah, we all theorized about it, but to get upset the story didn't go the way you wanted is silly.

If anything, NOT including a big evil bad guy controlling it all makes Wanda's story of trauma and grief even more important.

Adding Evan Peters was a brilliant red herring for both Wanda and fans but it was never hinted that he was the same character crossing over. I'd said from the beginning that I wasn't convinced it was him and I'm glad he's not in the end because it needlessly overcomplicates a story about grieving. I'm also glad the story is largely its own thing without being a direct prequel to Dr Strange 2 or something.

Last edited:
Well, looking at the planned roll out, it's all nutters now, so I doubt TV MCU will ever impact movies. Movie build on previous films, and TV might build upon previous TV, but TV will never take away from Movies, only strengthen it.

Aren't we 3 films behind now? Black Widow, Kims Convenience and Eternals?

Adding Evan Peters was a brilliant red herring for both Wanda and fans but it was never hinted that he was the same character crossing over.
I've been thinking about it and I don't particularly agree with this. Dottie was a really good red herring since it seemed like something odd there outside of the rest of the oddness. For the children chanting and all that. Evan Peters Quicksilver was just trolling. They knew the baggage casting him would bring.