WandaVision Spoiler Thread

I've been thinking about it and I don't particularly agree with this. Dottie was a really good red herring since it seemed like something odd there outside of the rest of the oddness. For the children chanting and all that. Evan Peters Quicksilver was just trolling. They knew the baggage casting him would bring.
It was stunt casting. The second he showed up probably 80% of people knew who he was supposed to be. It was legitimately my favorite moment in the entire run.

But I didn't convince myself that this made the x-men cinematic universe canon in the MCU.

Dave

Staff member
It was stunt casting. The second he showed up probably 80% of people knew who he was supposed to be. It was legitimately my favorite moment in the entire run.

But I didn't convince myself that this made the x-men cinematic universe canon in the MCU.
But he still made no sense. So he’s just a dude from the town? So why does he have powers?

Had a discussion with someone and we came to the conclusion that Evan Peters was a great choice when you frame it in the scope of what the show was about, Wanda.

Think about it, the whole point of him showing up was to confuse Wanda. Here was her brother, but not actually her brother, showing up out of nowhere. Using the original MCU actor for Quicksilver wouldn't have been confusing, and using some random new actor wouldn't have been unsettling. By choosing an actor that also played Quicksilver in a different franchise to impersonate her brother, they brought us into the confusing "Is this really happening? Is this real?" mindspace of Wanda, and thus it fits really well into the nature of the show. I think this was just a casualty of WandaVision being pushed up to be the start of Phase 4, when before there were multiple shows and movies happening before it pre-COVID. It's likely going through those stories would have better prepared us to not have such high expectations on Evan's casting, and see it more as the sort of "meta commentary into Wanda's confused mind" that it was, instead we saw it as them literally bringing in the Fox X-Men, and I think we need to be real here that Kevin isn't likely to adopt stories he didn't have a say in crafting.

There are some people already saying Mephisto is going to end up being the main bad guy of Loki, because there is a scene where Mobius M Mobius is giving something to a little girl and there is a stained glass window that looks similar to what you would see of Jesus, but a demon of some sort instead.

There are some people already saying Mephisto is going to end up being the main bad guy of Loki, because there is a scene where Mobius M Mobius is giving something to a little girl and there is a stained glass window that looks similar to what you would see of Jesus, but a demon of some sort instead.
Ugh, people need to STOP trying to come up with all these fucking theories. Just wait and enjoy the fucking movie.

Absolutely zero of my own theories came true, even the one I thought was a given of Hex Vision merging with White Vision. I am perfectly okay with that. It's just fun to theorize.

Let people have any fun they can. I just wish people didn't get worked up when their theories don't come true.
Fair enough. When you said that, I realized the only problem I have is all the whining and complaining when unsubstantiated theories don’t come true.

The actress that plays Dottie admitted she was added as a red herring. Not only because her hex name and everything was based around a comic character, but because the actress herself is decently popular and so people expected her to have a larger role in the series. She said they knew this going in and wanted it to add to the mystery much like the Evan Peters casting. The writers really were messing with the fan theorists lol.

Watched the first two episodes yesterday. I'm glad I know from this place that it gets better - the first episode especially didn't hold any interest for me whatsoever, as I feared /expected.
And reading up on what Wanda and Vision have done before this, man, Sheesh. I'm not one for picking up on references but I feel like I'm missing 90% of them here.

So covid is kicking NS ass pretty hard right now. It's sad and depressing. But we are hopeful, we've fought it back twice now and vaccinations are ahead of schedule. So there is hope.

So why am I posting here?

Because the Disneyworld Halloween Parade with Agatha Harkness will be fucking banging yall!