Wanna do some 2021 Happy Dookmas stuff?

Just a reminder that you should send your gift by Monday, December 13th in order to make sure it gets to your victim in time.

Don't make me put you in the corner with @Bubble181.
I can be really, really nasty.

I mean, I probably won't be, I'm too happy to have company here, but I might!

To my Secret Santa,

The USPS tried to deliver yesterday, but no one was home. I will try to go get it myself later today.

Woo finally posting! Pics have been in the can for a week but y'know how it goes.
"PatrThom, you should be visited by 3 spirits, er, Amazon deliveries between Nov. 26 and Dec. 9. Keep an eye out!"
How many deliveries does it take to get to gifts from a Secret Santa? Le-het's find out...

a1.png
A-one...
01aone.jpg

a2.png
A-twhoo...
02atwo.jpg

a3.png
A-thrreee...
03athrree.jpg

3b.png
...KE-RRUNCH! RIP! SHRED! TEAR! CUT! MANGLE! OMNOM!
04thrree.jpg

...Three.

Here they are, laid out a little more presentably.
05threeup.jpg

A pair of generic Overwatch socks (appropriate since I don't main any one character), and oh-HO, looks like somebody remembered that I used to live in Linden, NJ a long time ago. But who might that be?

06celtsup.jpg

...I might've known. The book is an entirely appropriate gift, since I really DO want to watch many, many more movies than the handful of ones I've seen so far, though sadly it seems the book only appears to discuss a mere thousand titles, which will only be able to put the barest of dents in my deficit.

Thanks, @Celt Z !

--Patrick

Now I get to put in my own update.

Hey @blotsfan! Turns out the last thing that was ordered is finally in the US! Only took 2 weeks to get it from China. Had I known it was going to ship from there, I would have gone with a different option, sorry it's taken so long. Hopefully it will be there within the next week or so.

Dave

Staff member
I am currently working nights so my schedule is a little wonky. I go to bed at 8 am and woke up at 3 pm to find....A GIFT! I opened it before taking pictures because there were addresses and personally identifiable information all over the front. But @Tress thanks for the Ollieberry...Halleyberry...uh...OLALLIEBERRY jam and honey! And, of course, the cookies!

I'd never heard of olallieberries before so this is going to be a real treat! Thanks again, man! I love this!

2021-12-14 15.35.04.jpg2021-12-14 15.35.49.jpg

I am currently working nights so my schedule is a little wonky. I go to bed at 8 am and woke up at 3 pm to find....A GIFT! I opened it before taking pictures because there were addresses and personally identifiable information all over the front. But @Tress thanks for the Ollieberry...Halleyberry...uh...OLALLIEBERRY jam and honey! And, of course, the cookies!

I'd never heard of olallieberries before so this is going to be a real treat! Thanks again, man! I love this!

View attachment 39792View attachment 39791
I love trying new things...that's a real treat!

Dave

Staff member
This arrived with no note, I'm assuming from my Santa. I fucking love it XD Progress pictures of assembly will be coming soon. Thank you Santa!

View attachment 39800
Glad you like it, dude. The first thing I ordered for you went out of stock AFTER I ordered it. And I couldn’t put a note or anything from this site. Anyway…Merry Christmas!!

On the first day of Dookmas, the doomies brought to me:

A box!

View attachment 39808

On the second day of Dookmas, the doomies brought to me:

2 crochet books!

View attachment 39807

And a box for my cat!

Thank you @Sparhawk !! I'm looking forward to trying out these patterns! Especially the moose!
I had found a few others that were more geeky, but I wasn’t allowed to ship them to Canada, guessing it was subversive behavior or some such with the patterns. You do still have another box to arrive, but the last update I have is “Cleared Canadian customs.” This box was still almost a week early to the predicted delivery date.
I really hope these are some fun patterns to play with.

Through the sludge of the Random Crap Thread,
Bouncing off the cacophony of a hobos empty head,
Clickety clack over a southern gassy tile,
Veering north to steel a Jersey reds smile,
Back on course, to a place most remote,
Fly the scampering feet of Christmases angry stoats,
On Anger, on Wrath, on Bitey and Terror,
Deliver this package quickly, without error,
By compass, GPS or Christmases bright star,
Deliver this parcel, unto him called @Far

Disclaimer: package may arrive in 10 to 12 days, or 2034, what ever works with the current weather

Warning: package may contain memes, spam and glitter
@Far, your Secret Santa wanted me to provide you with this finely-crafted tracking number:
https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/tools.page
Unnecessary!

Presents! Gifts! What may possibly be a symbiote trying to escape in the bottom left!
Santa1.png

The dogs smell something and are interested. Looks like one of the ziplocked bags contents breached, luckily it didn't escape the confines of the bag.
Santa2.png

First up is a neat little puzzle toy, I've managed to get it apart, reconfiguring it is proving not as simple but I'll get it!
santa3.png

This may have been what was luring the dogs over. When I saw the turn key while unwrapping I thought it was Spam brand, not familiar with Klik.
Santa4.png

Sarah said ooooo when I opened these and immediately claimed a package. Roo chased it when I tossed it to her. The breach of the other package is more visible here.
Santa5.png

Craft herpes now litters the floor, aptly, fueling the chaos further.
Santa6.png

A collection of various reading materials, I had wanted Hilda actually when I saw they'd made an animated show of it as well!
Santa7.png

The aroma escapes now and I'm certain of what is in the escaped package. A little drunkard inspects.
Santa8.png

"Why is it spicccccyyyyyy?!"
Santa9.png

And the unfortunate victims of the Canadian postal service. In their defense, the package did go cross country during some historic flooding on my end.
Santa10.png

Thanks for the goodies and fun, I assume, @HCGLNS!

Of all the ones that had to die, why'd it have to be the Cereal Killer?
At least the "Zero Compromises" one wasn't compromised.

--Patrick

Man they crushed the heck out of that! Glad the ziplock held! All 4 beers are local breweries. And Spam is the American version of Klik, so that's the good stuff doncha know! I noticed you didn't have any Groo on your shelf, so hopefully it will tickle your funny bone. It's my favourite comic and the only one I collect, as any fool can plainly see. Space Cowboy is also local to Halifax.

• Hug
Reactions: Far
On the first day of Dookmas, the doomies brought to me:

A box!

View attachment 39808

On the second day of Dookmas, the doomies brought to me:

2 crochet books!

View attachment 39807

And a box for my cat!

Thank you @Sparhawk !! I'm looking forward to trying out these patterns! Especially the moose!
Just had an update today on the second package. It says the package arrived at the delivering post office around 4pm on December 16. So hopefully it can make its way to your place in the next week.

My company is using elfster.com for Secret Santa coordination this year. I wonder if we should look into something like that (3rd party hosting) so that poor @Emrys doesn't have to be left out because she's coordinating...

It handles all the matching, addressing, etc, and allows Santas and recipients to anonymously chat back and forth.

edit: Looks like elfster, at least, stays in business by adding affiliate links to the wishlists. Which I'm personally totally ok with.
1639762180489.png

Last edited:
I had been getting reports of a ups package coming my way for several days now. I didn’t remember ordering anything, so was wondering what it could be. Well, it arrived today.

7654349F-0640-4705-8440-06BC5EE0ADBD.jpeg

The package

5570B817-731C-44EC-9BC2-0F2ACBC9418F.jpeg

Whatever it is, it must be fragile because it was wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap.

EACC29EF-EB10-4732-8322-BDDB1E77BAAA.jpeg

It’s a custom mini of my DnD character, Shield! Thanks, @Shawn!

here are a couple of closeups:
E4FA894C-FC86-4CEC-A9CC-C20E96968C45.jpeg

Great details

A0858624-EF3A-419A-86D2-FD2CD25BC453.jpeg

Now with Billowing Action Cape!*

*cape does not actually billow or have any action

I had been getting reports of a ups package coming my way for several days now. I didn’t remember ordering anything, so was wondering what it could be. Well, it arrived today.

View attachment 39852
The package

View attachment 39853
Whatever it is, it must be fragile because it was wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap.

View attachment 39854
It’s a custom mini of my DnD character, Shield! Thanks, @Shawn!

here are a couple of closeups:
View attachment 39855
Great details

View attachment 39857
Now with Billowing Action Cape!*

*cape does not actually billow or have any action
I hope I got the colors right. Been a while since I painted. I practiced on a few minis before I put yours on the stand. Hope you like it!

My company is using elfster.com for Secret Santa coordination this year. I wonder if we should look into something like that (3rd party hosting) so that poor @Emrys doesn't have to be left out because she's coordinating...

It handles all the matching, addressing, etc, and allows Santas and recipients to anonymously chat back and forth.

edit: Looks like elfster, at least, stays in business by adding affiliate links to the wishlists. Which I'm personally totally ok with.
View attachment 39825
I've used this as well for small family exchanges and it works great.