Export thread

Want a laugh? I'm an idiot

Rubicon

tl:dr version - heart break blows ass, love sucks

here's a good manbaw story to entertain the masses;

So, against my better judgement about a year ago, I started hunting around online for women to talk to. Yea yea, save the "better to meet people IRL" speech, Ive met people online with various levels of success in the past and know married couples who met online, so I know it could be done.

Anyway, I began looking. No paid-dating type sites, cause A) I couldnt afford it and B) I really dont trust places like eharmony (who discriminate against gays and non-christians, im not gay but not really religious either). So i looked around some free dating sites, against my Jimmny Cricket on my shoulder I even put a picture up in some places, as well as hung out in some chat rooms with video cam chat (not cyber rooms but regular normal chatting places).

Well I narrowed my search down to one site that specialized in BBW/BHM (big beautiful women, big handsome men), since ya know I'm the stereotype fanboy, late twenties, fairly overweight, not a lot of money, still living at home (NOT in a basement thank god). What can I say, I was weak. I was lonely. Been years since I last had a gf and the last couple out of (three) total in twenty eight years, didn't end so well. Why not give it another shot. I never really believed in love, even when the "emotions" (pfft men admitting emotions, gaaaaaaaaaaay) felt what you would describe as love, since it seems most like a concept rather than something real. The concept is what I think people fall for, that the person they are with (or the person they want) is meant to be, when in reality it's supposedly a chemical reaction in the brain.

Needless to say, I sure as fuck didn't listen to my brain (no I wasn't thinking with my wang either). As said, I was lonely. So I kept on looking on this site, and as I knew it would be, no one ever messaged me. I'd message other women time to time, might strike up a polite conversation but thats all that ever came out of that. Sept one day after looking for a while, this one rather beautifully striking lady, year younger than me, msgs me. We talk, talk some more, so on and so forth. And for all intents and purposes in my eyes she's perfect. Granted, we don't have a lot in common, but some. Children of the 80's, like mostly the same music, she's not really a nerd but likes some nerdy stuff, etc

All's well and good right? Oh but it gets interesting.

From the start, I already knew from our first conversation she's married. Oh yea, married. Now before you go thinking "wow, a home wrecker now mav?" Nah, not my style. But from what she says, her husband is an asshole who mentally abuses her (basically, being a dick all the time, always talking down to her, never helping out with anything, etc). And as time went on this became true very quickly, since we'd talk on webcam's daily, it wasn't long until his behavior she mentioned easily shown true. So I didn't really worry about breaking up a home or adultery cause for all things said, he was a glorified roommate. And they have a daughter, cute kid, about to turn 3 now, very energetic and full of life. Jackass husband never spent time with her, never cared if she was hurt or sick, nothin.r

Time passes on, needless to say I rearrange my entire life for her and her daughter. I basically drop off the map online from talking to friends (online only friends but friends still), post less on forums, etc so I can spend time job hunting, so I can both A) help her pay for a divorce and B) move to her state (she lives 1100 miles away). We're both, at least it seemed, deeply "in love" (bahaha .. i was an idiot), etc. Things on track. I manage to land a job, get a cell phone so we arent stuck with MSN/Skype to talk, even skipped out on a major comic book convention to spend the weekend with her (paid for her to fly here, paid for the upscale hotel room, rented a fucking limo, i went all out). Things went, ok. Neither one of us turned out to be axe murderers in disguise as the internet is supposedly full of, there were some ackward moments such as the sex, she's had plenty of "experience" compared to my "none". I won't go into details but that part didnt turn out so well but she didnt seem to hate me for it. (June of this year)

Some time goes by, we still talk daily, I still save money to move there, etc. There's a few rocky patches, she's affraid she'll "cheat" on me like she does her husband, which hey when you feel as privaleged as I did to be a participtant, you really dont care if they do cheat on you, you'll feel like overlooking it. September rolls around and I pay for her to come out again for labor day weekend, using a buddy at work as an alibi for the family (they hate the internet), I again pay for most of all of it, which I never complain about, we get a rental car this time, nice condo-type rental with a kitchen, etc. Went a little better in some ways than last time, worse in others. Again same kind of complications of sex arose (and for those already hitting reply assuming it was some kind of E.D. issue, trust me that was not the case, kind of the opposite in fact). For the most part, a good weekend.

Time goes by, things going ok for the most part. Her laptop motherboard dies out, which sucks cause thats our main form of communication, online. So I start looking for a cheap replacement for her. In the mean time, we get by through emailing couple times an hour when we're both at work, maybe a phone call on our lunch breaks, etc. Till Thursday this past week. I get home from work, no emails, no txt, no phone call. Nothing. Now if she's usually busy, she'll always manage to find time to email me or txt me, something at least. Nothing. Not a word. Now, before I continue, this is a woman whos said she's afraid she'd cheat on me, yea I know I'm a fucking glutton for both food AND punishment, I practically asked for it and said it was ok so i got no room to complain. Anyway that Friday (this past friday) rolls around, we talk on my lunch break, said her husband was mad she came home late last night. He had been being an ass so she decided to go driving for a few hours till he decided to be a human being. least that's what she told him. turns out she went to get coffee, with a friend, at like midnight. Now, normally if its a female friend she'd say the name but she said friend. Then when we talked at lunch, she says a guy friend. My spidey sense tingled and I even said "Hmm i gotta question but I aint gonna ask" but I knew.

So today, yea she confesses an hour or two ago. She was with this guy, he lives semi-locally (35 miles away compared to my 1100), met him online a while ago. I ask why, course the general "its not you its me, its just we're so far apart, and the sex and everything". Funny part is, I'm not even mad. Not angry, least not right now. Sad, bit heart broken, sick to my stomach and disgusted at the idea of her with some other guy (hey i still have to really not concentrate to get the thought of her and her asshole husband out of my mind at times). I ask what any dumbass asks, would she see him again. She says she probably would, she likes him, yet still "loves" me (or at least appears so, maybe).

yea..i'm an idiot.. really really am. and thie funny part that really gets me is, her daughter's birthday is tommorrow, and here I was this past week spending most of my paycheck ordering her toys off Amazon having them over nighted to her. Not that I mind, I mean her kid is a great kid and I want her to have a great birthday either way but damn. So here I am, like being all manbaw on the phone, trying to understand where the fuck I went wrong, course she swears I did nothing wrong per-say but wow, a little heads up would be nice. Be honest, tell me. Do they ever do that? Noooooooooo

And the part I love, I really really love, I have to go to bed, somehow manage to get up in 7 hours, to go to work, at a job, I got, to be with her. Irony is a bitch.

I always manage to pick the ones that are going to nuke your heart from orbit, to be sure.

I don't drink, at all. But fuck me, Juski or one of our other resident drunks, pass me some hard liquor.

SeraRelm

Stop communicating with her.

Gurpel

Gurpel

okay, wow. uh.

jeez

Rob King

Rob King

Sorry to hear, man, but you're right. If she cheated on him, she'll cheat on you. And the fact that she expressed fear that she'd cheat on you earlier in the relationship should have been a huge warning sign. I mean, some people would be genuinely afraid, and would express said fear.

But something I've sense is that some, especially younger people (80's onward), like to think of their lives as films. And films have foreshadowing. So if they're intending to cheat, or if they keep it on the table as an option, a hint like that gives those people a massive hardon.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I ask what any dumbass asks, would she see him again. She says she probably would, she likes him, yet still "loves" me (or at least appears so, maybe).
Unless you're the type to go for one of those open relationships, and your post says no, it's time to move on...

tegid

tegid

Sorry for you, man.

At least that job is good, right? Youi got it because it pays well? I mean at least you get something positive from all of this (besides the good time with her or whatever, I guess? maybe not).

I won't give you any advice other than don't live that job. On the relationship, I'm sure you can manage to do what's best for you. Well maybe I can tell you the first thing you should do is go buy a bunch of comics (wait for wednesday maybe), maybe some videogame, and from there on you are on your own, I guess.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

At least you got a job out of the whole deal. Save up some money, move out on your own.

Then try again.

Chazwozel

Why did you buy here all that stuff when you barely have any money? You do know that buying women stuff doesn't do anything to make them like you more, right?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

As a fellow manbawwer, I feel your pain, man.

If you absolutely have to drink, do it with friends over Guitar Hero or something. Not alone. Also, I know it's a cliché but the pain will pass. In time.

Would post more, but I don't want to give my own tired manbaww about the Psycho Bitch Queen again...

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

help her pay for a divorce
paid for her to fly here, paid for the upscale hotel room, rented a fucking limo, i went all out
I pay for her to come out again for labor day weekend
I again pay for most of all of it
So I start looking for a cheap replacement for her
spending most of my paycheck ordering her toys off Amazon
Can't buy love, Mav.

phil

phil

Just take this as a lesson in life. Don't let it deter you from future endeavors, but do take notes from it.

Don't do distance if you can avoid it. Seems like a lot of these problems could have been avoided if distance wasn't an issue.

Don't be a shuggah daddy. There are differences between thoughtful gifts and gestures, and being a blank check.

If she's cheating to start a relationship with you, there's absolutely nothing to stop her from cheating on you to start a new relationship. Even if her husband is a bastard, she needs to be able to take care of her own issues before she starts looking around again.

Shannow

Shannow

You are an idiot. Here, an old chart for you:

Jay

Jay

If a woman is cheating on a guy for you, it's very likely she'll cheat on you with someone else.

Long distance relationships don't work, especially with these type of women.

Never go all out on women, be thoughtful, not extravagant.

My advice, cease all communications and search for someone nearby.

Chippy

Chippy

I'm sorry for the love lost and stuff, but why in the world did you spend all that money?!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sorry Mav. :( *hug*

Dave

Dave

He spent money because it was a substitute for being able to spend quality time with her. He's not stupid just inexperienced. We've all done things that we look back on and say, "Wow. Did I really do that?!?"

Sorry, Mav. Hard lesson but it's a good life lesson to learn about the dangers of trusting people too much and being manipulated.

Chazwozel

He spent money because it was a substitute for being able to spend quality time with her. He's not stupid just inexperienced. We've all done things that we look back on and say, "Wow. Did I really do that?!?"

Sorry, Mav. Hard lesson but it's a good life lesson to learn about the dangers of trusting people too much and being manipulated.
Ignorance and the internet make for strange bedfellows?

Dave

Dave

Ignorance and the internet make for strange bedfellows?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Unfortunately, it's happening more and more as people feel more comfortable meeting new people online instead of the more "normal" methods. The bad thing here is that when you are dealing with this sort of thing face to face you have other warning signs like body language, etc.

I'm not going to dig on Mav for this at all. I have one of these sorts of stories in my past, too. Maybe not as bad as his, but it's similar.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Well, look at the bright side: You're not with some crazy bitch and her baggage, you have a job (where you can take care of a kitten), and no ex husband is hunting you down. You may not have wanted to take the loopy loop path from A to B, but at least you got there somehow.

Chazwozel

I dunno, Dave, I've never e-dated before and I still know not to give a chick money and buy her garbage to try and woo her.

I'm more baffled that this is what motivated Mav to get a job. All this time he was complaining about how rough it was to score a job, but as soon as he had motivation to have one, he magically got one.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Well, look at the bright side: You're not with some crazy bitch and her baggage, you have a job (where you can take care of a kitten), and no ex husband is hunting you down. You may not have wanted to take the loopy loop path from A to B, but at least you got there somehow.
I just hope he doesn't quit his job now.

Dave

Dave

I dunno, Dave, I've never e-dated before and I still know not to give a chick money and buy her garbage to try and woo her.

I'm more baffled that this is what motivated Mav to get a job. All this time he was complaining about how rough it was to score a job, but as soon as he had motivation to have one, he magically got one.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

I never had a car until I met my wife. Then I magically found a way to get one. It happens.

Chazwozel

I never had a car until I met my wife. Then I magically found a way to get one. It happens.[/QUOTE]

Well she can very well ride on your bike handlebars when you're going out to Red Lobster can she. lol

Cat

Cat

Dave

Dave

I never had a car until I met my wife. Then I magically found a way to get one. It happens.[/quote]

Well she can very well ride on your bike handlebars when you're going out to Red Lobster can she. lol[/QUOTE]

Actually at the time I worked at Red Lobster!

Chazwozel

I never had a car until I met my wife. Then I magically found a way to get one. It happens.[/quote]

Well she can very well ride on your bike handlebars when you're going out to Red Lobster can she. lol[/QUOTE]

Actually at the time I worked at Red Lobster![/QUOTE]

Oh snap! That's kinda funny.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Sorry man. I can't give you any advice better than what has aready been said...

I

Icarus

Wow sorry to hear that. I've been through a slightly similar phase without wasting that much money but here's what I learned:

- women who have abusive husbands don't necessarily want a new partner: they want respect and attention, which their husbands aren't giving them. Just like teenage girls, attention is often all they really need

- if you really love someone, you don't pull crap like that unless your moral compass is messed up or unless you don't consider sex to a matter of intimacy. All too often, people confuse love with mutual affection. In this case, I wanna bet she mostly wanted someone to pay her attention and make her feel wanted. The second she found someone more convenient to do this with, she cheated on you. The fact that she KNEW she might cheat shows she knew this as well

- long distance relationships CAN work but you need to be lucky and both be on the same line. Most of these relationships fail after one or both partners already knew it was going to fail. Everyone has a little voice telling them something is wrong and too many people ignore it even though that voice is usually right (unless you tend to be paranoid of course)

All too often, women with bad marriages or relationships look online for some attention because it's nice & easy. Too bad they're the decoys for men who really want something more than to be used and then discarded.

Espy

Espy

Sorry man. I can't give you any advice better than what has aready been said...
Yeah, me too. Your job is for you. Use it to improve your life and get yourself out of your mom's basement. Like... ASAP.
Then start living man, go do things, get out of the house, offline, etc. You can do it. You've already climbed one of the bigger hills with getting a decent job.

Andromache

Okay, you might take the following as a dig or insult or whatever, but believe me this is the nicest I have ever been to you:

Stop hating yourself so much. 9/10ths of the problems you have in this respect are spawned from a rabid willingness to bash yourself. You made mistakes. It's ok, Mav, everyone makes mistakes. Me, Dave, anyone here, we've all fucked up big time.

Don't condemn yourself for it. Feel bad for awhile, fine, but you have a job now. Keep at it, and don't sacrifice your instincts just not to be alone.

Good luck.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Oh, and she did the whole "my husband is a violent jerk that doesn't appreciate me" schtick as well when I met her.
See, your first sign should have been that she married him.... (then again i'm too paranoid myself, friends of my friends-that-i-consider-a-bit-iffy always get put in the same category from the get go)

But this is why live sucks... the learning usually kills you...

Tiq

Hang on... didn't you say you where asexual, not so long ago, mav?

Rubicon

Yea as the night wore on and I was less sad, I started to become angry kind of. Never been angry at her before so that was new. Sad part is, you're all right. I knew what I was walking into and like a fool, I kept on going. A fool and his gold are soon parted. The funny part is de-intergrating her from my life will be a process. All my passwords for work, home, etc are all intangled with her some how. My cell phone is one she didnt need anymore, which from a technical standpoint was a big upgrade from my old $30 phone, etc etc etc

It's hilarious really in some mad way. I knew it was going to happen, hell I knew the night it happened just from no contact, avoiding talking to me a few days, I knew. I just feel kinda numb really.

Yea I still have a job at least, and for the most part it's nice. I can post this from work, so it has it's perks. A few thousand dollars in comics might help, I did see a Showcase #22 for $700 on ebay which is nice, always wanted one of those...

At least there's still WoW, comics, etc. Stuff that's never let me down in 28 years. Thanks for the kind words.

Tiq

Sad part is, you're all right. I knew what I was walking into and like a fool, I kept on going. A fool and his gold are soon parted.

Dude... don't think like that, seriously. I went through this exact same scenario myself, years ago, getting involved in a long distance relationship with a woman who was involved at the time, and it broke my fucking heart, when she fucked me over, but it was a massive, massive turning point for me, and the best thing you can do is look at this the same way... you've got a source of income now, and you've hopefully learned a few things to look out for/avoid, next time you fall for someone. You're not an idiot, or a fool... you're just an inexperienced guy, who was willing to fall for someone that wasnt right for them, every single one of us has been there (hell, some of us have done it more times than we would probably like to admit) but you'll learn from it all, and won't be so easily fooled next time.

The biggest thing I feel I should warn you against, is falling back into bad habits... you've got a job now, so do your best to take care of yourself, and put yourself out there for people to see. Buy some nice looking clothes and start looking for opportunities to actually interact with people, because it will help you out, in a big way, and although going back to WoW and comic books every now and then isn't a bad thing, it's extremely easy to get lost in that sort of stuff, when you're feeling like this... so be careful to take it all in moderation.

Dave

Dave

And now that this is all over you've learned a lesson, you have a new and rewarding job and she has...the same thing she had before, which is to say bad relationships and a low self esteem.

Even though right now you feel duped and a little low, you came out better in the end. Concentrate on yourself now. Spend money on you (while keeping 10% of everything you make in a savings account) and have fun. Get out, make friends, party. One day you'll look back and say, "Man, this was a turning point."

HowDroll

HowDroll

paid for her to fly here, paid for the upscale hotel room, rented a fucking limo, i went all out
Can't buy love, Mav.[/QUOTE]

:facepalm:

Chazwozel

Yea as the night wore on and I was less sad, I started to become angry kind of. Never been angry at her before so that was new. Sad part is, you're all right. I knew what I was walking into and like a fool, I kept on going. A fool and his gold are soon parted. The funny part is de-intergrating her from my life will be a process. All my passwords for work, home, etc are all intangled with her some how. My cell phone is one she didnt need anymore, which from a technical standpoint was a big upgrade from my old $30 phone, etc etc etc

It's hilarious really in some mad way. I knew it was going to happen, hell I knew the night it happened just from no contact, avoiding talking to me a few days, I knew. I just feel kinda numb really.

Yea I still have a job at least, and for the most part it's nice. I can post this from work, so it has it's perks. A few thousand dollars in comics might help, I did see a Showcase #22 for $700 on ebay which is nice, always wanted one of those...

At least there's still WoW, comics, etc. Stuff that's never let me down in 28 years. Thanks for the kind words.

Mav, Jesus Christ, those are all inanimate objects. They don't love you back. I'm telling you this as someone who really wants to see you pick yourself up: material garbage will not fill any significant part of your life. It's all just consumer crap; it's not going to help you cope with being lonely, nor will it fulfill your life in a meaningful way. My advice is to save your money. You live with your parents. You have no major bills to pay etc. Save your money. In a year or two, find a house to buy, move out, maybe in the meantime search for a more rewarding job. Use some of your new income to go out and do the things you like, visit places etc... Go to a comic con, go to a museum, go out for lunch with some co-workers. Try to join a club or organization, like a Dungeons and Dragons, cooking class, or Warhammer group. This is how you meet people with similar interests. I don't think you should focus so much on a romantic relationship, but just getting some friends that'll open a window to a variety of new people to interact with. Join something that's completely off the wall and out of character for you, you might like it. Buy a motorcycle find some dudes to cruise with.

And here's the other kicker. People call me a jock for whatever stupid reason they have, but physical activity is a very important aspect for life balance. We are evolutionarily made to move around and work our muscles. I suggest joining a gym swimming class or some kind of outdoor club (geochacheing I hear is really fun). Hell, take that 700 bucks you'd blow on comic books and get a really nice Mountain Bike. Go out for a ride after work everyday. You don't have to be a star athlete or anything. Sign up for a Karate class. I know that I'd personally go insane if I didn't go to the gym to work out and play hockey once a week.

Lally

I'm not going to dig on Mav for this at all. I have one of these sorts of stories in my past, too. Maybe not as bad as his, but it's similar.
This.

strawman

strawman

This.[/QUOTE]

You know, if you had just apologized to each other when it happened you could both be over this by now.

-Adam

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Mav, Jesus Christ, those are all inanimate objects. They don't love you back. I'm telling you this as someone who really wants to see you pick yourself up: material garbage will not fill any significant part of your life. It's all just consumer crap; it's not going to help you cope with being lonely, nor will it fulfill your life in a meaningful way.
/

ThatNickGuy

"The things you own will eventually own you."

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Can't buy love, Mav.[/quote]

:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

What's the facepalm for?

Chazwozel

Mav, Jesus Christ, those are all inanimate objects. They don't love you back. I'm telling you this as someone who really wants to see you pick yourself up: material garbage will not fill any significant part of your life. It's all just consumer crap; it's not going to help you cope with being lonely, nor will it fulfill your life in a meaningful way.
/
[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

That's funny, cause my old college roommate said I look exactly like Tyler Durden. I didn't know if he was saying that because he was complementing me on my good looks, or implying that I was a filthy/cynical person.

Dave

Dave

/
[/quote]

Exactly! Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

That's funny, cause my old college roommate said I look exactly like Tyler Durden. I didn't know if he was saying that because he was complementing me on my good looks, or implying that I was a filthy/cynical person.[/QUOTE]

He meant that you are not real.

Wasabi Poptart

Mine was terrible, it ended up in a 3 year marriage from HELL!
And months after the divorce has been final I'm STILL paying her f'ing bills.
Bitch!

Oh, and she did the whole "my husband is a violent jerk that doesn't appreciate me" schtick as well when I met her.
Yes, she was married. Yes, I was an idiot.[/QUOTE]

I can't dig on Mav for this either. I dated a married guy. We worked in the same office, though, rather than being someone I met online. He told me he was leaving his wife. She was a frigid, controlling shrew from what he told me. After about a year he divorced his wife and started cheating on me with someone else. I found out. He told me it was a one time thing. It wasn't. Two years later he left me in New Jersey and moved to Vegas with his other girlfriend. I was an idiot, too. But in the end I felt like it was karma. I didn't give a damn about his marriage and that came back to bite me in the ass. I'd never do that again.

tegid

tegid

Mav, Jesus Christ, those are all inanimate objects. They don't love you back. I'm telling you this as someone who really wants to see you pick yourself up: material garbage will not fill any significant part of your life. It's all just consumer crap; it's not going to help you cope with being lonely, nor will it fulfill your life in a meaningful way. My advice is to save your money. You live with your parents. You have no major bills to pay etc. Save your money. In a year or two, find a house to buy, move out, maybe in the meantime search for a more rewarding job. Use some of your new income to go out and do the things you like, visit places etc... Go to a comic con, go to a museum, go out for lunch with some co-workers. Try to join a club or organization, like a Dungeons and Dragons, cooking class, or Warhammer group. This is how you meet people with similar interests. I don't think you should focus so much on a romantic relationship, but just getting some friends that'll open a window to a variety of new people to interact with. Join something that's completely off the wall and out of character for you, you might like it. Buy a motorcycle find some dudes to cruise with.

And here's the other kicker. People call me a jock for whatever stupid reason they have, but physical activity is a very important aspect for life balance. We are evolutionarily made to move around and work our muscles. I suggest joining a gym swimming class or some kind of outdoor club (geochacheing I hear is really fun). Hell, take that 700 bucks you'd blow on comic books and get a really nice Mountain Bike. Go out for a ride after work everyday. You don't have to be a star athlete or anything. Sign up for a Karate class. I know that I'd personally go insane if I didn't go to the gym to work out and play hockey once a week.

Well yeah, but short term what he needs to do is recover, and if that means blow a thousand dollars in comics I say do it. He has a stable income but probably not any serious necessary expense right now!

Mav, you should follow Dave's advice about saving a %, though.

Maybe in a couple of months start saving a bit more and engage in more social activities, even if they may be nerdy (I'm not going to tell you to exercise, because I understand how hard that can be...), like joining a D&D group. Seriously, that sounds like a GREAT idea. So, move on from less and less WoW to things like D&D, going out with co-workers (I understand this may be harder, but please do try) and whatever.

Seriously, take this as a turning point (I know I'm like the 4th saying this but whatev...). Maybe not right now, but before 1 to 3 months you should start with this changes.

Seriously, even the nerdiest and most socially disabled person can have a somewhat normal life, still doing the nerdy things they like and maybe not having the biggest social life but still engaging on some meaningful relationships with other human beings. I have seen some cases, and there's only one I do doubt I he will. Believe me, you are not like him! So you should be fine.

I w¡sh you the best of lucks, specially if you do follow some of the advice lay out by the people here :)

SeraRelm

Don't turn into this guy...

Meet people nearer to you.

Chippy

Chippy

Basically everything that's already been said. Remove all contact with her, get out and DO stuff, don't rely on comics and games.

Espy

Espy

The more money saved the sooner one can get out of one's mothers basement.

Get out of mom's basement or buy 700 dollar comic book.

Choose wisely.;)

Iaculus

Well yeah, but short term what he needs to do is recover, and if that means blow a thousand dollars in comics I say do it. He has a stable income but probably not any serious necessary expense right now!

Mav, you should follow Dave's advice about saving a %, though.

Maybe in a couple of months start saving a bit more and engage in more social activities, even if they may be nerdy (I'm not going to tell you to exercise, because I understand how hard that can be...), like joining a D&D group. Seriously, that sounds like a GREAT idea. So, move on from less and less WoW to things like D&D, going out with co-workers (I understand this may be harder, but please do try) and whatever.
[/QUOTE]

Speaking as someone who knows, though, it's best not to use this as an excuse for procrastination. There's a fine line, but it's there.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Don't turn into this guy...

The thread should have just ended with this post. :uhhuh:

Hylian

Hylian

I feel sorry for you but it does sound like you were almost asking for trouble from the start. there were plenty of signs along the way that you chose to ignore and now you are paying for it. I don't mean to sound rude cause I do feel sorry but if I was you I would chalk this up to a learning experience and be happy that you have a job and try to move on.

Rubicon

Funny thing, I really don't know what to do on a daily basis now. I mean my day would consist of waking up, txting her, going to work, emailing back & forth throughout the day, phone call at lunch, get home, sit on MSN chatting with her, kinda half paying attention to WoW in the background when she's afk or something, chatting with her on cam till 1 or 2 am my time (one hour time zone difference for us), going to bed, repeating the same the next day. May sound routine but it was normal for us.

Plenty of nerd hobbies I guess to keep my time

Espy

Espy

Nerd hobbies are alright.

Nerd hobbies with other people are better.

Dave

Dave

Funny thing, I really don't know what to do on a daily basis now. I mean my day would consist of waking up, txting her, going to work, emailing back & forth throughout the day, phone call at lunch, get home, sit on MSN chatting with her, kinda half paying attention to WoW in the background when she's afk or something, chatting with her on cam till 1 or 2 am my time (one hour time zone difference for us), going to bed, repeating the same the next day. May sound routine but it was normal for us.

The trouble with this is that your nerd hobbies require you to be alone. WoW is all well and good as are comics, but they are not social. WoW seems social but is not.

You need to find some hobbies that are outside or inside with other people. Chaz is totally right about keeping yourself fit. Hell, find a walking club in your area if nothing else. Not sure where you live but do they have hiking trails? Find something you like to do that is social and go do it.

HowDroll

HowDroll

:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

What's the facepalm for?[/QUOTE]

I posted in a topic once that, since I supported my boyfriend through college, I'd like him to get a me a nice engagement ring now that he's an accountant and making decent money. Mav called me shallow, materialistic, a gold-digger, and pretty much implied that I was only with him for the money... some really nice stuff. Now he's shared that he got a job and has spent most of his money just to buy nice things for a woman.

Irony is a bitch.

Dave

Dave

Not bagging on Mav, but Droll's post?

:rofl:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

:facepalm:[/quote]

What's the facepalm for?[/quote]

I posted in a topic once that, since I supported my boyfriend through college, I'd like him to get a me a nice engagement ring now that he's an accountant and making decent money. Mav called me shallow, materialistic, a gold-digger, and pretty much implied that I was only with him for the money... some really nice stuff. Now he's shared that he got a job and has spent most of his money just to buy nice things for a woman.

Irony is a bitch.
[/QUOTE]

I remember that thread. heh. I'm glad it wasn't at my assessment, then. I was trying to figure out how it was facepalm-worthy.

I tend to not take Mav's rantings about relationships very seriously. He's not a kid, but his experience is very limited. It leads him to espouse some attitudes and ideas about relationships and women that, at least to me, seem very immature. As we can see in this thread, it also leads him to make some immature mistakes many of us have made before.

I imagine that after he gets some good old fashioned "Real life kicking him in the nuts a few times" and some more relationships under his belt, he will have a more realistic outlook on these things.

SeraRelm

--->
--->
--->
(or
)

Rubicon

What's the facepalm for?

Irony is a bitch.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I never said I wasn't a hypocrite.

I

Icarus

WoW seems social but is not.
Erm am I missing something? Because for me, WoW is probably as social as you can get with a game. I play with a girl who I've known for 7 years and while we play, we're constantly talking and the way you often need to wait, it's quite easy to do.

Kitty Sinatra

I tend to not take Mav's rantings about relationships very seriously. He's not a kid, but his experience is very limited. It leads him to espouse some attitudes and ideas about relationships and women that, at least to me, seem very immature. As we can see in this thread, it also leads him to make some immature mistakes many of us have made before.

I imagine that after he gets some good old fashioned "Real life kicking him in the nuts a few times" and some more relationships under his belt, he will have a more realistic outlook on these things.
Listen to that Mav. You haven't done anything here that plenty of guys haven't done, too. You're growing, man. Enjoy the ride.

Espy

Espy

WoW seems social but is not.
Erm am I missing something? Because for me, WoW is probably as social as you can get with a game. I play with a girl who I've known for 7 years and while we play, we're constantly talking and the way you often need to wait, it's quite easy to do.[/QUOTE]

It is as social as you can get with a game.

It's still only a pale shadow of actually BEING SOCIAL in REAL LIFE.

Now, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing but people have these mistaken ideas that Facebook and WoW can be substitutes for real life. They can't.

Andromache

that's the trick. getting more relationships doesn't happen to meek guys, no matter how nice they are, if they stay in their houses and read comics. but it seems easier, than picking oneself up, dusting off, and trying again.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm with Icarus on that too. I know more people I can count on both hands that have hooked up because of WoW. Now is it common? Probably not, but WoW can be immensly social if you make it so. Con get togethers with guild mates, Blizz Con gathering, guild lann parties. etc etc etc

Do I think that's always the best course of action? Nah. Just making sure both sides are known though.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I'm with Icarus on that too. I know more people I can count on both hands that have hooked up because of WoW.
Me! That's me!!!!

Who else can remind me when to bloodlust?

Chazwozel

I just told you what you should do!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm with Icarus on that too. I know more people I can count on both hands that have hooked up because of WoW.
Me! That's me!!!!

Who else can remind me when to bloodlust?[/QUOTE]

Nothing but love for my fellow shammy. :heythere:

Espy

Espy

Mav said:
Funny thing, I really don't know what to do on a daily basis now.
You just go out and live every day like it's shark week.

Chazwozel

Mav said:
That's pretty much my life philosophy.

Iaculus

Mav said:
So... avoid the water and check to see if the Chinese restaurant down the road has some new stock?

phil

phil

In the end, you're really just going to need to find your own path through this. I will say, that if you do consider using this as the turning point in your life to try and get out and do more, I'd start doing that before the bad habits come back.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Me! That's me!!!!

Who else can remind me when to bloodlust?[/quote]

Nothing but love for my fellow shammy. :heythere:[/QUOTE]
Awwww..... gawrsh!

HYUK!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Even if you are a dirty ele shammy. :slywink:

(I'll give you the ammo you need: I'm enhancement) :rofl:

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Even if you are a dirty ele shammy. :slywink:

(I'll give you the ammo you need: I'm enhancement) :rofl:
Seriously... I have ALWAYS been enhancement! Just recently I have flipped over to elemental.. There's just something about melee that I can't let go....

:smug:
:moon:

Shawn

Shawn

I'm just going to assume everyone above is saying the same thing. So to sum up:

Don't date married women. If she's cheating on him, she's going to cheat on you.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Seriously... I have ALWAYS been enhancement! Just recently I have flipped over to elemental.. There's just something about melee that I can't let go....

I was enhancement before it was ever even considered a "real spec", back in the days of MC being the end game run, I would have to toss on cloth gear just to be able to heal on certain fights. It wasn't until we got a Nightfall Axe that I became a permanent part of the raid groups as melee. Been one ever since.

*COUGH*

Back to the topic....

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

*adjusts monocle*

Yes.... to the topic at hand...

*sips Earl Grey*

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I love that emoticon mix

Rubicon

shammies are nice, i cant stand pallys or dks, to very over powered classes

dwarf warrior ftw, for the alliance!

Chippy

Chippy

And the cycle begins again.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I think we all have stories like this, but the only thing that really matters is whether or not you learn anything from it. Just take some time to yourself for now and try to meet some new people via gaming. I'd suggest sticking with friends for a bit, just to get used to being around people again.

Shannow

Shannow

I think we all have stories like this, but the only thing that really matters is whether or not you learn anything from it. Just take some time to yourself for now and try to meet some new people via gaming. I'd suggest sticking with friends for a bit, just to get used to being around people again.

Yeah, you are right. We all have stories like this. I mean. I really hate those damn dps shammies. The bastards.

Dave

Dave

Find a local place that hosts LAN parties and go do a WoW LAN party. Or find a place that would be willing to host a LAN party and set one up. Put it as a regular thing and advertise it. You'd be playing WoW but you'd be doing it actively and with other people.

When something happens in the game instead of keying on Vent you just say it out loud. You can shout stuff to each other, give each other crap, etc. Or any other game thing like this. Like Guitar Hero? Find a place willing to host a GH night.

Regardless of the "results not typical" for people who hook up with others from WoW, it is a very rare occurrence. In fact, I would say that the reason it happens for Shego is because she's a hot lesbian chick in real life, not just pretending to be one in a game. Reclusive shy guys this kind of things just don't happen to.

Step outside. Breath in the air. Live, damn you! LIVE!

Wasabi Poptart

Mav said:
You're going to need a bigger boat.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah, you are right. We all have stories like this. I mean. I really hate those damn dps shammies. The bastards.
:rofl:-:thumbsup:

Adam

Adammon

Mav,

This is an awesome story. Yes, it hurts now, but it does get better; way better. And you have and will learn so much about yourself and what you're looking for that it only strengthens you as a person. In the end, look how much you benefit from it:

You got some relational experience.
You got some sexual experience.
You learned how to deal with deceit.
You learned how to cope with disappointment.
You got a new job, in a new place - a brand new experience that some people NEVER experience.

Sure, you got screwed in a good way and a bad way, but that's all part of how we find ourselves. And years from now, someone else will have this exact same experience and you'll hear about it and be able to say "Dude, I was so there. This is what I did and how I handled it. It got better and I've never even looked back"

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:rofl:-:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

How... did... that happen....?

I posted that....

Andromache

Ame is the One, Shego. She is the Anomaly that can bend the matrix to her will.

Dave

Dave

:rofl:-:thumbsup:[/quote]

I posted that....[/QUOTE]

:ninja:

Andromache

:rofl:-:thumbsup:[/quote]

I posted that....[/QUOTE]

:ninja:[/QUOTE]

:Wfacepalm:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Ame is the One, Shego. She is the Anomaly that can bend the matrix to her will.
That's well and good, my question more is "why"?

Wait! She's not the One! She's a SMITH!

Rubicon

"I dont see wuts wrong with dating multiple people. I miss you"

wtf...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

What part of "shut off all contact" was hard to understand?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

wtf...
I say you should cut all means of communication with her. Block her number, mark her e-mail adress as spam, whetever you need to do!

Andromache

wtf...
I say you should cut all means of communication with her. Block her number, mark her e-mail adress as spam, whetever you need to do![/QUOTE]

:WThumbsup:

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

wtf...
Don't do it, dude. Don't even reply, even as a parting shot.

Walk the fuck away.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

"I miss you. Plus my car needs a new transmission."

Andromache

yeah she doesnt miss you. she misses your wallet.

Armadillo

Dusty668

OJ sez-

Not knockin ya man, I know it's a total pain to have it slapped into ya like that. I wish I could offer sage advice from one who-while I haven't been there, it was definitely visible from my valley-passed there before. Try to hunker in, take it on the armor, and get your head back up is all I can say.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:rimshot:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

yeah she doesnt miss you. she misses your wallet.
That girl's a noob. She dropped the hammer on Mav too soon. She'll learn to string them along longer so long as the money's good.

I had a friend, John, who was strung along for about 2.5 years by a girl doing basically this same routine. He'd always send her money to help with her divorce (supposedly long and contentious, heh), broken down cars, bills, presents for kids, etc. She'd visit and put out a couple times a year. Of course, he'd pay for the flights, and wine and dine her.

I'd say she got good value for her time. He finally learned how much of a relationship they had when he declined to pay one of her bills she was having trouble with. It's a shame he didn't listen to his friends and get out sooner.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Haha, I appreciate being called a resident drunk of Halforum :3

I also loved the Easy E flowchart.

Also, jesusfuck Mav. I don't know where to begin about you holing yourself back up into that wretched little cesspool of existence. Especially when you've obviously showed

(A) human emotion towards another person
(B) human initiative and drive to better yourself

Keep your fucking job, read a fucking book, stay on that fucking website and better yourself from it all, goddamnit.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Also, since this thread has entertained me, I give it a 'manbaw' pass. The rest of you...sac up!

Chazwozel

wtf...
Awww she misses her sugar daddy.

If you so much as respond to her, your new name henceforth will be Mav: The Halforum Chump of the Year.

Rubicon

heh chaz..

nah she aint getting another cent from me, i already spent enough on that endeavor, heck some weeks i let bills run a little late so i could pay a phone bill or plane ticket, never again.

Cajungal

Cajungal

As much as all of this sucks for you, I'm happy that you reached out to someone. It's too bad we often have to get screwed over before meeting someone worthwhile, though. :\ What a bitch... very much like a buddy of mine's ex.

*more hugs*

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Siska

Siska

She sounds like a person will low selfesteem and an unhappy marriage. Unfortiunatly that does not make her a good person. Don't let her build up her ego by leeching of you anymore. She is an emotional vampire. Even if you had ended up together, I think eventually she would have made you miserable and that's not counting all the inevitable cheating.

Don't let this discourage you. You should go out and meet new people. Go sign up for a cooking or pottery class or some other activity you're interested in with group potential.

Andromache

Or something veered a bit towards your interests, like: http://www.gk2gk.com/

that's right people, I was hired as a plant for http://www.gk2gk.com/ some seven years ago, before the website existed. I admit it.

strawman

strawman

(note to mods - hotlinking allowed for this comic)

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go out today and tonight and get rejected by 18 girls. You aren't trying to start a relationship, or even set up a date. You are merely starting a conversation.

Go out during lunch - library, restaurant, health club. Go out for dinner. Spend a few hours walking around downtown. Don't be the creepy guy, but smile broadly at everyone you see (even if they don't see you, or are obviously attached, etc) and strike up a conversation with every girl you see that doesn't have a boyfriend with her, regardless of how interesting she appears to you, whether she's your type or not, hot or not, etc.

If you're going to meet your goal of being rejected by 18 girls you're going to have to approach them all.

The rejections will be interesting and entertaining if you frame it right in your mind.

Regardless of how you feel, keep smiling at everyone. You'll get quite a few nice smiles back, which is always enjoyable.

-Adam

Gusto

Gusto

Jesus, stieny. Eighteen?

Dave

Dave

I'm just going to go to a (college) girl's basketball game and ask all of the player's at once if any of them want to fuck.

That gets 12 of the 18 out of the way. Yeah, they'll turn me down, but at this point I'm looking for quantity not quality.

If I include the lesbian coaches I can add another 3-4. This is coming together nicely.

Shannow

Shannow

12 on 1 beat down, should be interesting.

Gusto

Gusto

I like the base scenario, as outlined a while ago on a podcast I listen to.

Walk into a bar at last call one night, completely sober, and just yell "WHO WANTS TO HAVE SEX TONIGHT?!"

You might be surprised!

Andromache

He makes a point. toughening up mav's skin a little when it comes to his feelings and giving him more real world experience at small talk will go farther than just sitting in his room relying on his looks.

Espy

Espy

Walk into a bar at last call one night, completely sober, and just yell "WHO WANTS TO HAVE SEX TONIGHT?!"

You might be surprised!
You might be VERY surprised.

Armadillo

You might be surprised!
You might be VERY surprised.[/QUOTE]

Choose your bar wisely.

Dave

Dave

You might be surprised!
You might be VERY surprised.[/QUOTE]

Especially if you find out the name of the bar is the Blue Oyster.

Andromache

You might be surprised!
Have you tried this method?

Rubicon

will go farther than just sitting in his room relying on his looks.

good one.. No what I lack in looks, which is a lot, I have to make up for in charm and humor, which sadly isn't my strong suit in either cause my form of humor is internet humor, kind of hard to explain lolcat to someone who's never seen one. (not to say I use that as a conversational pivot but just an example).

I wish letting go was as easy as some of you keep telling me to do, she's still going to most likely see this guy, some guy i dont even know who yet i'd love to sparta-kick into a big giant endless hole in the ground, yet still goes on and on how she does love me, yadda yadda yadda, apologizes for it all, and ya know, its funny, cause i'd love to reply "well if you did love me you'd get running around behind my back" but im not the angry type in these matters, doormat would be a better term if you had to label one i guess.

i need a drink

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

You're not a doormat if you don't reply with a witty retort. You're the mature one.

Andromache

mav, that was actually a shot at gusto. apologies if you thought that was aimed at you

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I wish letting go was as easy as some of you keep telling me to do, she's still going to most likely see this guy, some guy i dont even know who yet i'd love to sparta-kick into a big giant endless hole in the ground, yet still goes on and on how she does love me, yadda yadda yadda, apologizes for it all, and ya know, its funny, cause i'd love to reply "well if you did love me you'd get running around behind my back" but im not the angry type in these matters, doormat would be a better term if you had to label one i guess.
It is as easy as clicking some buttons and checking some boxes. Well within your capabilities.

Espy

Espy

good one.. No what I lack in looks, which is a lot, I have to make up for in charm and humor, which sadly isn't my strong suit in either cause my form of humor is internet humor, kind of hard to explain lolcat to someone who's never seen one. (not to say I use that as a conversational pivot but just an example).

i need a drink[/QUOTE]

Move on. All the crappy feelings will reside in time. You know it, I know it. It's just going to suck for a little while. You just need to get through it.
Remember, the dude may or may not even have known she was cheating on the guy she was cheating on the other guy with. She is not a good person and you are miles better for getting away.
The only person to feel sorry for is the kid. That poor kid is going to get the brunt of all this crap.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Oh and as to relying on humor, etc? Getting away from lolcat humor is probably a good thing, hence getting offline more. :)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

i need a drink[/QUOTE]

Move on. All the crappy feelings will reside in time. You know it, I know it. It's just going to suck for a little while. You just need to get through it.
Remember, the dude may or may not even have known she was cheating on the guy she was cheating on the other guy with. She is not a good person and you are miles better for getting away.
The only person to feel sorry for is the kid. That poor kid is going to get the brunt of all this crap.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Oh and as to relying on humor, etc? Getting away from lolcat humor is probably a good thing, hence getting offline more. :)[/QUOTE]

Or you may watch some stand up comedy on youtube or something.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I've had similar feelings, so I'm going to chime in with some actual useful advice.

First of all, don't hate the guy she's with now. He most likely didn't know of your existence or she told him she didn't feel that way about you. More importantly, HE isn't the one who hurt you. Yes, he has something you want... but he's not the enemy. She is.

Secondly, when she tells you that she does still care about you, she's not lying... but she doesn't have the same definition of "caring" as you do. She cares about getting attention from you... she cares about getting your sympathy... she cares about having a back-up in case things go wrong. You need to understand this: To her, you are a pet, tool, or toy. To her, you are merely the means to get what she wants and then she'll put you right back where she found you. Do not let her do this to you again. If she starts fishing for the old stuff again, cut her off.

Thirdly, you need to realize that's its OK to still care about her. She was a big part of your life for a long time. However, you do need to separate yourself from her or the hurting will never stop. That doesn't necessarily mean that you need to cut yourself off from her completely (though if you can do it, I highly recommend that you do) but you need to limit your contact with her. If she has a blog, stop reading it. If she keeps trying to talk to you all the time, tell her you need some space from her and that you'll talk to her when YOU want to. The less you know about the details of her life, the better off you'll be in the long run. You'll eventually reach a point where it's OK to be around her in short doses or know for sure that you can't. If you can't, tell her your done and walk away.

Finally, my most important piece of advice: When you meet someone else, do not compare how you felt about this woman who wronged you to how you feel about this new person (Unless it's to say "Wow, she is MUCH better than that other bitch.") First love is often very intense and it's not often you will ever feel that way again. Don't think that just because your not full of all consuming passion that this new person isn't as good.

Rubicon

Amorous Bitch said:
This sounds suspiciously like you STILL haven't completely blocked her email addresses. DO THIS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE! You have to cut her out of your life completely, 100%, don't glance at an occasional email, don't hold on to pictures or old text messages. Block and delete it all! You can't truly move on until you do.
Well I did change all my banking information, just so she can't like, steal from me.

It's like Stockholm Syndrome.. trust me my brain is thinking one thing the rest of me another. I know she most likely won't ever change, once a cheater always a cheater (and no I wasnt the first guy she cheated on her husband with which yea, is an entirely different matter).

She's my kryptonite..and I hate that.

Chippy

Chippy

Well I did change all my banking information, just so she can't like, steal from me.
That is not nearly enough.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

But Mav, it's just the click of a few buttons.... the question is why NOT cut her completely out? Can you give any reason to keep her in your life?

Dave

Dave

But Mav, it's just the click of a few buttons.... the question is why NOT cut her completely out? Can you give any reason to keep her in your life?
Because he's lonely. His brain is warring with his heart (and penis).

Mav, buddy. Let the brain win. It runs the show for a reason.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

He's probably in the same boat I'm in: Compassion. He wants to be there for her if something serious DOES go wrong and feels like a monster for trying to distance himself. He probably believes that she (and all people) can be redeem, without understanding that she doesn't WANT to be redeemed, as she can get everything she wants as she is. Once he starts seeing her making the same mistakes without learning anything, this will get very old, very fast.

Rubicon

First love is often very intense and it's not often you will ever feel that way again. Don't think that just because your not full of all consuming passion that this new person isn't as good.
(I read the other stuff, which I thank you for but this part seemed important)

It ain't my first time at the rodeo, you're right nothing ever compares to the first one, and even she doesn't compare to the first woman i loved years and years and years ago, but she aint the first.

If I had to reduce contact with her as you say, I'd rather just not contact at all. Haven't slept in days, barely eaten, just the thought of them two.. makes me sick to my stomach. But, that is proving to be difficult ;\

Jake

Jake

She's 1100 miles away and fucked you over. Go cold turkey and hurt for a while, then move on. This half-assed shit is just going to prolong the pain.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

If I had to reduce contact with her as you say, I'd rather just not contact at all. Haven't slept in days, barely eaten, just the thought of them two.. makes me sick to my stomach. But, that is proving to be difficult ;\
Yeah, that happened to me too. You ether need to confront her about what she did to you or just cut her off. I confronted the one who fucked me over... she denied everything, of course, but at least the stomach pains and insomnia went away.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

She's 1100 miles away and fucked you over. Go cold turkey and hurt for a while, then move on. This half-assed shit is just going to prolong the pain.
Pretty much this.

The only thing about Cold Turkey and not making a final confrontation is you get a problem like I have. "The wondering" as I call it.

strawman

strawman

Pretty much this.

The only thing about Cold Turkey and not making a final confrontation is you get a problem like I have. "The wondering" as I call it.[/QUOTE]

It's true that it hurts more immediately to do the confrontation, but the benefits are great - get all the anger and hurt out (at least they know how they hurt you), it forces a discontinuation of contact, and it reduces the amount of wondering.

I suspect, though, that even in cases of confrontation one will always wonder. It's the nature of humans, though, to go over past experiences and see if there's a different outcome if you act differently. This can only be overcome by time and filling your life and thoughts with other things.

-Adam

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Not half as bad as just "dissapearing" on the person in question. With all my ex's I've pretty much dropped off the map to them, which leaves me wondering what might have happened had I tried to at least get a finalized confrontation with them for closure.

strawman

strawman

Not half as bad as just "dissapearing" on the person in question. With all my ex's I've pretty much dropped off the map to them, which leaves me wondering what might have happened had I tried to at least get a finalized confrontation with them for closure.
There's a huge dissonance between what seems like the best decision at the time, and what seems like the best decision after a few years of reflection.

Hindsight isn't really 20/20, though. Dwelling on the past is only useful if you can use the experience to guide your future. Otherwise it'll just keep you down.

Live in the present. I've never really looked into it seriously, but I'm told that yoga/meditation/etc are helpful for this sort of thing, if counseling isn't an option or seems to be excessive for infrequent wonderings.

-Adam

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah I'm terrible at that, I live in the past ALOT more than in the present. :eek:rly:

Rubicon

How is it you can despise and hate someone while at the same time still loving and caring about them? I dont even want to look at her yet at the same time... *sigh*

Life would be simpler if this was a comic book.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Are you kidding Mav? Comics are > complicated than life! :bush:

Chazwozel

How is it you can despise and hate someone while at the same time still loving and caring about them? I dont even want to look at her yet at the same time... *sigh*

Oh for the love of...

Man up will you? Suck it up and grow a pair. You know what you have to do since page 2 of this thread. You're starting to sound like a whiny high school kid.

SeraRelm

I'll refer you to the first reply in this thread Mav. We may not get along that much, but I honestly have your best interest in mind with this.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Oh for the love of...

Man up will you? Suck it up and grow a pair. You know what you have to do since page 2 of this thread. You're starting to sound like a whiny high school kid.[/QUOTE]

And your starting to sound like an uncaring, self-absorbed jock who doesn't understand why the nerds don't just go out, get drunk, and bang chicks like you do.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Easy, this is exactly my issue with the ex from the 4yr relationship (my first gf/partner). I've run into her probably 3x in the past 2yrs and the seething hatred I have for her hasn't' diminished one shred. She makes me nausious, angry and disgusted all at the same time. The only way to get over the feeling is to shut her out of my mind as best as I can and think of other things in front of me to distract me.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Pussy is the magic motivator. I quit smoking for 5-6 months when I was seeing this girl last year, I didn't have the motivation to do it before. Granted I started back up again when I was drunk and crashed my car and was guilt ridden (I didn't hurt anyone but still just the thought that I could have, and how stupid it was of me) and stressed and basically I was weak and let the addiction come back.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Oh for the love of...

Man up will you? Suck it up and grow a pair. You know what you have to do since page 2 of this thread. You're starting to sound like a whiny high school kid.[/quote]

Yeah, I was going to add another reply, but these kinds of threads can quickly devolve from a guy telling a hard luck story to get it off of his chest to a guy milking it for all of the attention. Not saying that's where we're at yet, but I don't want to ride that bandwagon down that road.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Oh for the love of...

Man up will you? Suck it up and grow a pair. You know what you have to do since page 2 of this thread. You're starting to sound like a whiny high school kid.
Then stop reading the thread? *shrug*

Chazwozel

Oh for the love of...

Man up will you? Suck it up and grow a pair. You know what you have to do since page 2 of this thread. You're starting to sound like a whiny high school kid.[/QUOTE]

And your starting to sound like an uncaring, self-absorbed jock who doesn't understand why the nerds don't just go out, get drunk, and bang chicks like you do.[/QUOTE]

Blind leading the blind...

Tiq

And here's the other kicker. People call me a jock for whatever stupid reason they have...

Oh for the love of...

Oh yeah... can't imagine how anyone could ever possibly jump to the misconception that your a small minded jock. :pud:

Shannow

Shannow

Oh for the love of...

Man up will you? Suck it up and grow a pair. You know what you have to do since page 2 of this thread. You're starting to sound like a whiny high school kid.[/quote]

Yeah, I was going to add another reply, but these kinds of threads can quickly devolve from a guy looking telling a hard luck story to get it off of his chest to a guy milking it for all of the attention. Not saying that's where we're at yet, but I don't want to ride that bandwagon down that road.[/QUOTE]

yeah, this.

We all get it at this point. Now its jsut becoming a man-bawwww thread. You have your advice from all over, use it or dont. To cry more here is what Chaz said.

Chazwozel

Oh for the love of...

Then stop reading the thread? *shrug*[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the post where Mav proclaims that he's taken the advice given to him. He's a). axed off all communication with this gold digger. b.) taken in a hobby that gets him off the internet and exploring other forms of socialization. c.) changed his life around and stopped feeling sorry for himself.

From what I've seen thus far is a big wallow in self-pity and then pats on the back and words of encouragement. But when Chaz says to suck it up, well then, all of a sudden I'm the bad guy? I only speak the truth.

strawman

strawman

all of a sudden I'm the bad guy? I only speak the truth.
The most effective bad guys are those that almost always tell the truth.

True, dat.

-Adam

Shannow

Shannow

Chazwozel

And here's the other kicker. People call me a jock for whatever stupid reason they have...

Oh for the love of...

Oh yeah... can't imagine how anyone could ever possibly jump to the misconception that your a small minded jock. :pud:
Hark, I'm sorry I pierced the delicacy of your deep, tormented soul. You guys are such good guys. It's so unfair that assholes like me get all the womens. Are we really going to play the 'nice guy' game?

You dopes can call me names all you want till the cows come home. I'm not the one who's sleeping alone tonight. Blind leading the fucking blind. Go ahead and gang up on the 'small minded jock.' At least I have the mind to know when I'm being played like a dumbass chump.

I already know that Mav's going to be a big dipshit and continue talking to this chick. I know he's going to fold like a deck of cards when she asks him for more money. And then people like you wonder why you're alone. It's because you're big suckers, with no balls of your own.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Also if you want to do something social and play WoW. Try going to a LAN Center/Cyber Cafe. Seriously.

I worked at one for 3 years and went there for about a year before that. Probably 85-90% of my current good friends are people I met there. Obviously you have things in common with them, like the video games but you would be surprised. There is a diverse crowd there, from introverted nerds, to normal average fellows, to jock/popular people who are closet WoW players.

Chazwozel

Also if you want to do something social and play WoW. Try going to a LAN Center/Cyber Cafe. Seriously.

I worked at one for 3 years and went there for about a year before that. Probably 85-90% of my current good friends are people I met there. Obviously you have things in common with them, like the video games but you would be surprised. There is a diverse crowd there, from introverted nerds, to normal average fellows, to jock/popular people who are closet WoW players.
I already pointed out ideas like this back on page 3. Anything to get out and about is better than sitting around wallowing in one's self-pity.

Rubicon

You're right, I'm done complainin, I'll have to deal with it best I can. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

Dave

Dave

Fuckin'-A. Good for you, Mav!

SeraRelm

It's like an after school special up in this joint!

Chazwozel

You're right, I'm done complainin, I'll have to deal with it best I can. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
Thank you. Now get out there and kick some ass!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

NSFW

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Oh for the love of...

Then stop reading the thread? *shrug*[/quote]

I'm waiting for the post where Mav proclaims that he's taken the advice given to him. He's a). axed off all communication with this gold digger. b.) taken in a hobby that gets him off the internet and exploring other forms of socialization. c.) changed his life around and stopped feeling sorry for himself.

From what I've seen thus far is a big wallow in self-pity and then pats on the back and words of encouragement. But when Chaz says to suck it up, well then, all of a sudden I'm the bad guy? I only speak the truth.[/QUOTE]
Never said anything. Just made a suggestion. If this thread brings you nothing but rage, just stop reading it.

But if you need your "proclamation," then by all means.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Welp, looks like we've reached a conclusion. Hooray! Good for you!

And good for all involved :D

Tiq

Oh for the love of...

Hark, I'm sorry I pierced the delicacy of your deep, tormented soul. You guys are such good guys. It's so unfair that assholes like me get all the womens. Are we really going to play the 'nice guy' game?

You dopes can call me names all you want till the cows come home. I'm not the one who's sleeping alone tonight. Blind leading the fucking blind. Go ahead and gang up on the 'small minded jock.' At least I have the mind to know when I'm being played like a dumbass chump.

I already know that Mav's going to be a big dipshit and continue talking to this chick. I know he's going to fold like a deck of cards when she asks him for more money. And then people like you wonder why you're alone. It's because you're big suckers, with no balls of your own.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, are you a moron, or just forgetful?

We had a conversation about "nice guy" syndrome on IRC and I completely agreed with you about morons who play that card. Believe it or not I have an active social life, and went out two weeks ago for drinks with a wonderful girl I met at a local club, and have been talking to her quite frequently since then.

I love how your always the first guy to try to rip JCM a new one whenever he argues like this, but you never hesitate to resort to the exact same bullshit circular logic, when anyone dares disagree with you.

I've already mentioned to mav that he should get out the house, and not get wrapped up in comics and video games, to fill the void... difference is, I'm capable of a wonderful thing called constructive criticism, so I can tell him all this stuff, without being an asshole.

Your on a forum filled predominantly with geeks of all shapes and sizes, and you don't do yourself any favours by playing the stereotypical asshole jock card, as you've so frequently done in the past. How can you possibly think anyone takes you seriously, when you talk shite, this way?

Thank you very much for the consideration for the size of my balls, though... that's very thoughtful. Rest assured though, I'm quite confident that their much larger than yours, as I have plenty of confidence in myself without having to resort to childishly belittling others , just to make myself feel good.

Andromache

dear tiq, please take it to pm with chaz,

thanks.

SeraRelm

NSFW
[/QUOTE]

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

:grouphug:

Shannow

Shannow

Oh for the love of...

I already know that Mav's going to be a big dipshit and continue talking to this chick. I know he's going to fold like a deck of cards when she asks him for more money. And then people like you wonder why you're alone. It's because you're big suckers, with no balls of your own.[/quote]

We had a conversation about "nice guy" syndrome on IRC and I completely agreed with you about morons who play that card. Believe it or not I have an active social life, and went out two weeks ago for drinks with a wonderful girl I met at a local club, and have been talking to her quite frequently since then.

I love how your always the first guy to try to rip JCM a new one whenever he argues like this, but you never hesitate to resort to the exact same bullshit circular logic, when anyone dares disagree with you.

I've already mentioned to mav that he should get out the house, and not get wrapped up in comics and video games, to fill the void... difference is, I'm capable of a wonderful thing called constructive criticism, so I can tell him all this stuff, without being an asshole.

Your on a forum filled predominantly with geeks of all shapes and sizes, and you don't do yourself any favours by playing the stereotypical asshole jock card, as you've so frequently done in the past. How can you possibly think anyone takes you seriously, when you talk shite, this way?

Thank you very much for the consideration for the size of my balls, though... that's very thoughtful. Rest assured though, I'm quite confident that their much larger than yours, as I have plenty of confidence in myself without having to resort to childishly belittling others , just to make myself feel good.[/QUOTE]

Espy

Espy

Seriously guys, if you want to roll around in the mud either go to the flame war section or pm's.
Don't make me break out the green text.

Here. I shall make it easier for you: http://www.halforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Cajungal

Cajungal

What she said.

Chazwozel

Oh for the love of...

I already know that Mav's going to be a big dipshit and continue talking to this chick. I know he's going to fold like a deck of cards when she asks him for more money. And then people like you wonder why you're alone. It's because you're big suckers, with no balls of your own.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the consideration for the size of my balls, though... that's very thoughtful. Rest assured though, I'm quite confident that their much larger than yours, as I have plenty of confidence in myself without having to resort to childishly belittling others , just to make myself feel good.[/QUOTE]

Read my first post to him. There is no such belittling. I only got belligerent when Mav was starting to suck for sympathy like a piglet on a teat. Ash was the first one to get butthurt me bringing this to light. What circular logic are you seeing here? I'm not taking anyone's quotes out of context and playing them back on them.

No, you don't have confidence in yourself. If you did you wouldn't get all thin-skinned and crybaby over what some assholes have to say on a forum. Give me a break.

Kitty Sinatra

What she said.[/QUOTE]

I just wanna get in on this

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

A Mav topic, turn into a flamewar? How out of the ordinary!
:popcorn:

Chazwozel

ugh... If I ever post a baww thread on halforum...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Only way that would happen is if you had a "Dave experience".

Shannow

Shannow

Hassled by dps shaman?

Rubicon

There's no need to argue guys (and gals), really. No point in arguing over it online, trivial matter, everyone has an opinion and we all aren't always going to agree obviously. Get back to arguing over who shego is going to kill next or Dave's newest STD scare..er..car wreck

Bubble181

Bubble181

What she said.[/QUOTE]

I just wanna get in on this[/QUOTE]

Same here. The after school special thingie with this hug seems interesting.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

A flame war, you say?

Well, it's been a while...

*zzzzzzzip*

Andromache

Is that a zipper?

I'll get the scissors!

Bubble181

Bubble181

What she said.[/QUOTE]

I just wanna get in on this[/QUOTE]

Same here. The after school special thingie with this hug seems interesting.[/QUOTE]

Being poly amorous FTW ? :D[/QUOTE]

amourous? I was just thinking of beign in a group hug with Vyta, Seej, you, Crone, Sera and Shego. Love wasn't the first thing on my mind, though I guess it had four letters and started with L too...

Andromache

*scissors*

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Hey, I'm off Bubble's list finally...

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, no, I just want to keep you separately, because I don't want to share. 'cept with mr ZM, because I'm afraid of him. :paranoid: :-P

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

...and now I kinda wish I hadn't said anything.

Bubble181

Bubble181

If so, you take these things more serious than they are meant. I wouldn't actually do anything with any of the women on here, even if they were magically transported to my bed, I assure you.
Feh.

Gusto

Gusto

Doesn't make 'em any less creepy. :uhhuh:

Bubble181

Bubble181

You think I'm creepy? Eh, well. Don't intend to be. If so, though, too bad. I don't put up an internet persona at all.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Bubble, if it's any consolation... I always think I'm one of the creepier males here at Halforums.

Of course, I don't hold a candle to the women here...

Cajungal

Cajungal

For what it's worth, I don't find either of you creepy. I won't lie, bubs, you used to make me uncomfortable. But after a private conversation we had recently, I'm much more comfortable around you, even when you joke. You're both lovely people. ^_^

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hurray ! I manage to creep out only 4/5ths of women around me, given enough tiome to explain myself!

..that's a bad thing, right?

Northie, you're not creepy, you're just fun. ANd you've been wearing pants for far too long lately. We need another sauna thread soon :-P

Cajungal

Cajungal

Damnit, you all just need to come to Louisiana right now. I've been in a ridicuously good mood and I wish to entertain. Party at my crappy apartment!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I'll bring the awkward!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm happy you're in a good mood :)
Not going to hop on any planes tonight, though, so I guess I'll have to make do with my own crappy appartment. We can make a deal to listne to the same music and have a intercontinental get-together?

ElJuski

ElJuski

Doesn't make 'em any less creepy. :uhhuh:
^ ^ ^ ^

Bubble181

Bubble181

Okay...wait. Why do people think I'm creepy?

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Maybe you shouid start your own thread for that.

Now I know that sounds bitchy, but I honestly mean that even though this has gotten way derailed, it is still Mav's thread.

Just sayin'.

strawman

strawman

Maybe you shouid start your own thread for that.

Now I know that sounds bitchy, but I honestly mean that even though this has gotten way derailed, it is still Mav's thread.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

One of these baws is not like the other...
One of the these baws just doesn't belong...

-Adam

JCM

A Mav and Chaz bitchslap thread?

damn, I am always late these days for the fun, so did the jock "NEEEERD!" and "Can I haz gurlfirnd" kitty pic get posted yet?:pop2:

Ross

Ross

A Mav and Chaz bitchslap thread?

damn, I am always late these days for the fun, so did the jock "NEEEERD!" and "Can I haz gurlfirnd" kitty pic get posted yet?:pop2:
nope. post away.

JCM

Nah, life's too short and I've got a Korusawa marathon tonight....
*gets back to "Sanjuro"*

Be careful.... you do remember the last time you said something like this in a goodbye thread... :usa2:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Just look at these tags... Chazzhattery, mavbaw... Gods, I love you people.

Andromache

great we love you too now change...

your avatar man, that was ages ago.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Will likely have to wait for either Friday or Tuesday, but will do.

Andromache

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Will likely have to wait for either Friday or Tuesday, but will do.
Don't feel bad I still have my zombie avatar, I forgot to save a copy of the original on my home computer so I need to grab it from the work computer... unless someone on here has it in their creepy forum stalking picture collection?

Kitty Sinatra

I was just thinking of beign in a group hug with Vyta, Seej, you, Crone, Sera and Shego.
:angry: