Weird weather

Underground.

--Patrick
No, you’ll drown if you try to build a basement here, if you don’t hit a natural spring and just wash away your entire lot.
We do have hot weather, but we also have mild winters and it doesn’t get below freezing for long stretches of time. Last year’s freeze is a couple of times a lifetime type event. We build to keep things cool, not to hold in the heat.

Dear god, how do any of you comfortably live down there!?!
From the POV of a central/western European, we ask ourselves that of pretty much 90% of your continent. Either it's parched, or drowned, or hurricane valley, or tornado alley, or a forest fire waiting to erupt, or volcanic, or freezing for 50% of the time, or.... Seriously. There are temperate areas on this planet where the planet isn't actively trying to kill you.
Of course, that's where the people live who try to kill the planet in return, sooo :aaah:

Having said that ,we regularly get some Saharan sand over here, too, if the wind's wrong. Probably not as bad as the idiots who go live directly downwind of the Sahara, but that's bullheaded Americans for you :p

(this is meant as lighthearted jest, nothing more)

Was 97 with 66% here.
1655611803636.png

We were supposed to have storms, but didn't. Tomorrow, some of that moisture moves off in the afternoon. Far right column is humidity. Other two % columns are chance of rain and cloud cover, respectively. This is forcasted for 3-6pm
1655611932269.png

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Let me tell you, the humidity being a mere 40% today has REALLY taken the edge off this 102 degree weather. I had to check my phone 3 times to make sure it was actually 102 and not in the low 90s, because the humidity being half what it usually is does SO much for the "feels like" factor.

We had two days with some rain, was actually pleasant for those two days. Today we return to our regularly expected hot and dry for the foreseeable future. That little tropical system wasn’t quite enough rain to get rid of all our outdoor burn bans.

104 at 7:30pm I was driving to the grocery store, saw the temp, and turned around. Just stopped at the dollar store and bought enough diet coke to last the weekend. I could not see me loading $200 in groceries in that temperature.

104 at 7:30pm I was driving to the grocery store, saw the temp, and turned around. Just stopped at the dollar store and bought enough diet coke to last the weekend. I could not see me loading $200 in groceries in that temperature.
That’s why we always keep the insulated grocery bags in the car. Heat like we’ve been having, we’ll drop a single refreezable pack in to keep it a little cooler while we drive home.

That’s why we always keep the insulated grocery bags in the car. Heat like we’ve been having, we’ll drop a single refreezable pack in to keep it a little cooler while we drive home.
Fuck insulated bags, I AM NOT CARRYING 50+ POUNDS OF GROCERIES WHEN IT'S THIS HOT OUT. Hopefully I feel like shopping at 6am Saturday or Sunday.