[Thread Game] #Whamageddon 2020 - WHAM HARDER

Totally Plagarized from Whamageddon.com

---

The Rules
It's not that complicated. Allow us to enlighten you.

The First Rule
The objective is to go as long as possible without hearing WHAM's Christmas classic; "Last Christmas".

The Second Rule
The game starts on December 1st, and ends at midnight on December 24th. Use your local timezone, if you'd like.
(Yes, we're European heathens)

The Third Rule
Only the original version applies. Enjoy the #!€#%!€%€& out of remixes and covers.

The Fourth Rule
You're out as soon as you recognise the song.

Bonus Rule
Post on social media with the #whamageddon hashtag when you get hit. Since this is a forum game, post in this thread when you get hit with the tag #IgotWHAMMED.

PvP? (No, not that useless hack)
While we can't stop you from deliberately sending your friends to Whamhalla, the intention is that this is a survival game. Not a Battle Royale. So ... don't be a dick, mkay?

---

For WHAMHALLA 2020 click here

---

HALFORUMS WHAMHALLA 2019

2019 WHAMMAGEDDON SURVIVORS

Last edited:
Question: Does having Last Christmas stuck in our head count? If it matters, I'm definitely hearing the original version in my head right now.

I don't know this song. Or maybe I know it but I don't know if it is the song you are talking about. So, I already won this game.

Hah. I'm gonna win for sure. All my Christmas shopping is done, and I don't listen to the radio.

Only way I can lose if my wife plays it from her computer.

Or if someone Whamrolls you.
PvP? (No, not that useless hack)
While we can't stop you from deliberately sending your friends to Whamhalla, the intention is that this is a survival game. Not a Battle Royale. So ... don't be a dick, mkay?
Besides..I have headphones plugged into my computer, but only put them up to my head when I want to actively listen to something. So even a whamroll would fail, because I'd see the video and choose not to put the headphones up to my head ;)

Someone would have to be really devious and make a funny and clever video which can only be understood completely by hearing the conversation, but replace the sound with a whamroll, thus tricking me into lifting the headphones to my head.

figmentPez

Staff member
You'll have to be careful about what shows and movies you watch, too.

Some titles that play "Last Christmas" at some point:
- Last Christmas (2019)
- Black Mirror - episode "White Christmas"
- Misfits - episode "Christmas Special"
- Cold Case - episode "Sabotage" (this one would be perfect for a WhamRoll)
- The Office (British Version) - episode "Christmas Special: Part 2"

Zappit

Staff member
This seems pretty stupid. Of COURSE I'm in!

Christmas shopping's already done, I'm at a point in my life when I simply can't stand 99.9% of Christmas movies or specials, and I haven't had to work in a retail setting for almost eight years now. (Wow, damn. I'm getting old.)

Bring it on.

To be specific, it's only the version done by George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley; none of the covers done by other artists count.

To be specific, it's only the version done by George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley; none of the covers done by other artists count.
Yay, I can watch Glee safely!

(This sentence would probably sound a bit weird out of context.)

I think you guys who believe you're safe are forgetting they play it in grocery stores, too. It shows up in the most random places.

Yay, I can watch Glee safely!

(This sentence would probably sound a bit weird out of context.)
Only for anyone else.

I have a dog named George Micheal (based I believe on Arrested Development) who shall only hear Faith and Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go from his namesake if I can help it.

I have not yet begun Christmas shopping, we have Santa photos with the kid still to do and my wife LOVES Christmas music so from the Toronto Santa Claus Parade to Christmas Day the only station she plays on the radio in the car is 24/7 Christmas music, so I'm fucked. But I'm in.

I fear for my safety. My wife wants to go on a date night tonight, with shopping and a movie beforehand. So many opportunities to get Whammed

I forgot to post - yesterday afternoon while waiting for Eriol to run an errand, I waited in the car, unsuspecting. Then - WHAM!
I'm out.

I forgot to post - yesterday afternoon while waiting for Eriol to run an errand, I waited in the car, unsuspecting. Then - WHAM!
I'm out.
I think the rule is starting December 1st, but if you'd rather count it just so it's over with, I think we'd totally understand.

We were decorating the house yesterday and I had on my Christmas mix. I kept waiting for it to happen to me, even though I know it doesn't count yet. But the song never came on! (To be fair, my Christmas Mix playlist has a LOT of songs collected over 20+ years.) Now I don't know if it's worse to Wham myself, or have it hanging over my head, lurking every time I go somewhere.

I don't know if it's worse to Wham myself, or have it hanging over my head, lurking every time I go somewhere.
That's what I was getting at...Christmas mix at work, the uncountable hours I'm going to be spending in malls, coworkers and their own tunes, it's just a minefield.

--Patrick