What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

Just discovered this:

I didn't know they were doing their own original stuff.
(beyond their own rearrangements of existing stuff, that is)

--Patrick

Hey, I heard my first-ever Kanye West song just 3 days ago (Love Lockdown). Go easy.
It's ok, we still love you.

If you want Kanye, though, now you're getting into my musical wheelhouse. I especially like his collabs. Have some samples.

Ok, that second one is actually a Rihanna song. But it's got Kanye in it, and Paul McCartney makes it a bit more mainstream palatable.

Yay! I didn't know anyone else liked those guys on here! I missed a chance to see them live and I still regret it.
I'm pretty sure I've posted Streetlight in here a few times before. But the past week has all been about Toh Kay. I just checked my iTunes and I have listened to every song on the album between 20-35 times since Friday.
And I just found out about "The Hand that Thieves" today. And "The Hands that Thieve" is my favourite Streetlight album, so this is a rabbit hole I will be delving into for some time.

Last edited:
Oh god it's so good. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Indefinitely. This was one of my favourite songes on The Hands that Thieve, but on the Hand that Thieves, this is probably THE favourite. At least right now.

For whatever reason this album won't play on my iPod though. It just freezes up the whole thing, and messes up the controls so I can't even play anything else until I plug it in and re-sync. It's really annoyin.

this album won't play on my iPod though. It just freezes up the whole thing, and messes up the controls so I can't even play anything else until I plug it in and re-sync. It's really annoyin.
That's a not uncommon symptom for when the internal drive starts to go, I'd have it checked.

--Patrick

i got the songs to play by converting them from mpeg1 layer 3 to mp3 (which i thought was the same thing?).
I don't know if it was the conversion so much as the fact that you reloaded them, forcing the internal drive to write them to a new (presumably not eroding) spot. There is a quick and easy way right on the iPod to just ask the drive if it's feeling okay, but if you don't know what you're doing it's easy to get lost in the menus.

--Patrick

I don't know if it was the conversion so much as the fact that you reloaded them, forcing the internal drive to write them to a new (presumably not eroding) spot. There is a quick and easy way right on the iPod to just ask the drive if it's feeling okay, if you're comfortable with that sort of thing.

--Patrick
I had reloaded them several times, in multiple formats as well. Doesn't matter now. It works..

Was mowing the lawn last weekend and this came on Pandora. I don't know this band from when the song came out (1992), so I might have to listen to some more.

Was mowing the lawn last weekend and this came on Pandora. I don't know this band from when the song came out (1992), so I might have to listen to some more.
Had trouble recognizing it since it is the live version, but immediately recognized the studio version as "that song from Ice Age."
For the longest time I thought the song was somehow related to Peter Gabriel due to its similarity to "When You're Falling."

--Patrick