What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

Today I discovered Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine.
All kinds of metal, hard rock, rap,... songs in a lounge/jazz/big band arrangement.

I won't say all songs work well, but some really are very good.

GasBandit

Staff member
Today I discovered Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine.
All kinds of metal, hard rock, rap,... songs in a lounge/jazz/big band arrangement.

I won't say all songs work well, but some really are very good.
One of my favorite novelty acts of the late 90s and early 2000s for sure. And you know he actually made it when they used his cover for "Down with the sickness" in the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Panopticon again. Saw a lot of people hating on austin's clean vocals but I really enjoyed hearing the bluegrass behind the black metal

Oh man, flashbacks to the rock station back in the day...
I used to help host on an internet radio station. I was always too nervous to speak on the air but I loved chatting with my listeners in the thread while I scrambled to dl their requests

The other regular host was later a big trump supporter and he helped chase away all my regular listeners

I know I'm the only person who listens to them here, but I don't care. My favorite band has a new album being released on the 3rd of December, and these two songs were previewed. And this time... they're a little weird.

I'm so happy and ready for a new album. In the Future Your Body Will be the Furthest Thing From Your Mind was incredible, and The Heart is a Monster was such a great reintroduction to the band after a long hiatus (1997 their last album before THiaM, back in 2015).

Reactions: Cat
Oh I loved fantastic planet but I barely listened to heart is a monster so I don't remember how good the new stuff is. Glad they came back tho
Post automatically merged:

Lot of my music is black metal influenced by shoegaze

It's SO GOOD. The only album I don't listen to much is Comfort (the first) and the mixing was pretty meh on it. They took over after that and Ken is a master at mixing, so they just keep getting more interesting. They also don't try to replicate success and keep doing new things, which I appreciate.

In the Future might be my favorite album. It's just that damn good.

My main music now is Failure, Hum, Swervedriver, and Sidewave (newer Shoe gaze). When I'm looking for something a little weird, I end up listening to Japanese math rock.

Reactions: Cat

Listened to The Heart is a Monster as I played some Vice City today and it was very enjoyable. This will grow on me for sure. Looking forward to checking out In The Future later

I'm kind of surprised you didn't come upon this sooner, this track has been EVERYWHERE the last year or so, and really got a lot of people on board with his work. This was the first track by him I ever heard.
I've heard this at work before and I should've asked the dishwasher what song it was. All I know about the weeknd is from his role in uncut gems

Edit: Oh I heard starboy in like 2016 or so, didn't know who did it

Last edited:
I seem to remember this big thing he did back in February of this year. Some place in Florida. Lot of big shots were there for some inexplicable reason. I also remember there was also some old dude in a red football jersey that everyone was talking about, too.

I seem to remember this big thing he did back in February of this year. Some place in Florida. Lot of big shots were there for some inexplicable reason. I also remember there was also some old dude in a red football jersey that everyone was talking about, too.
Think that kinda sound likes pitbull but I don't know much about rap aside from the late 80s/early 90s hyperviolent shit
Post automatically merged:

@Cat , I hope you had a chance to listen to In the Future.

Here are the two new songs for Wild Type Droid released so far. What I love about this band is they aren't afraid of changing things up.

I REALLY like Headstand. It put me off at first but it really grew on me the more listens I had. It's what I love most about this band, how tones and chords at first feel off but then are suddenly obvious and perfect.

Not yet bud but I've still got time to give it a full listen before bed

Edit: Oh this is very different, less spacey more raw. Off to a good start

Oh dang, that opening strum on pennies sounds like it was lifted right out of the nurse who loved me

Not gonna finish it tonight after all but I've got a few songs already that I've marked to listen to later. A bit of this has sounded like Rated R era Queens of the Stone and I used to be a big QotSA fan. Loved Like Clockwork but I thought Villians was a big disappointment

Last edited: