What are you playing?

R

Roxxoredizorz

I was just wondering what all of you have picked up, and played lately? Some new stuff? Some old stuff? Let's hear!

Lately my three games that I've been playing are: Battlefield 1943, Monkey Island (360), and Fight Night Round 4.

Battlefield 1943 is a re-imagining of the original Battlefield 1942, even has the original famous Wake Island. I found it's a lot of fun to play, even though there are only 3 ground maps, and one only-plane map. The people at EA/Dice are always thinking for this, and any problems it had the first week are gone like the wind. They promised us the only-plane map, but after we got 43,000,000 kills, and that took us a week. They have talked about more maps, and new classes, which will be nice.

I haven't played too much into Monkey Island yet, but it is still the classic game that you know, and love. The graphics have been re-done, and now with voices instead of the text. When playing, you can even switch back to the original look!

Fight Night Round 4 is better than the last, and will be until the next round starts. Having so many boxers on board with this is great. You have a stable of people to choose from. Sugar Ray Leonard, Manny Pac-Man Pacquiao, and the great Muhammad Ali are just a few to name. The graphics are spectacular, and seeing someones face ripple, while hitting the mat, is a treat after playing a hard round.

W

Wasabi Poptart

After the thread about Overlord2, I decided to start playing Overlord again since I never finished it. It's such a fun game.

R

Rubicon

WoW atm, waiting for Star Trek Online, Stargate Worlds and Star Wars The Old Republic

I picked up Left 4 Dead last week but im waiting on my new laptop I ordered to really jump into it cause my current rig aint really running it too well

figmentPez

Staff member
- Tales of Monkey Island (and very eagerly awaiting the next chapter)
- Titan Quest (grrr, not going to be able to play it on the trip I'm taking. I didn't expect to like it this much. I only tried it because it's on Gametap and I had nothing to lose.)
- Siberia (just started, no opinion yet. It's on Gametap and runs on my new laptop.)
- X-Com UFO Defense (just started, I regretted missing this one back in the day. Not sure if I'll be able to get into it, though. I love playing old games I used to play, but playing old games for the first time is different. Eh, it's a Gametap game, so no waste if I can't get into the retro groove.)
- Chrono Trigger (Going through with a New Game +)
- Crosswords DS (probably going to pull this out at least once on the road this week)

So many games, so little time. There are at least 3 other games I could put on this list because I'm part-way through, and plan to finish, but haven't been playing for various reasons.

This week it's been Plants v. Zombies. It's entertaining, whimsical, and has some replayability.
Plus it's something I can put down for a while if I need to.

--Patrick

Y

Yoink

Playing some older (but awesome) stuff

Just finished Max Payne 2 and Mafia again. Now Age of Mythology.

- Fallout 3 Trying out some new mods, this'll be my 6th play through.
- WoW Play about 4hrs a day, more if it's a raid night.
- Dragon Quest 8 Just bought it, can't play it till I get a new PS2. *sigh*
- Team Fortress 2 About 2hrs a day.

A

Aisaku

I play in three platforms, PC, PSP and DS.

Playing Pangya Golf on the PSP, fun and very laid back. And very animu, actually. ^^;; Played Taiko no Tatsujin, but since I reached the top of my drumming skill I just let it rest for a while.

Playing Cave Story on the PC, a free game that recaptures the metroidvania feel. Last game I completed on the PC was Psychonauts. One of the finest games I've ever played. Oh right, I played some Plants Vs. Zombies, but taking it really easy, like once every 2 weeks.

I was playing Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor on the DS before throwing it to the pit, out of frustration. It's good, but damn! It's hard. Might get into Broken Sword... it's pretty much a perfect adaptation. Can't wait for the next Phoenix Wright game.

J

JONJONAUG

Nile said:
Replaying Majora's Mask. It's even better than I remember it being.
Same here.

Also finished Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines somewhat recently. That was the best WRPG I've played since Morrowind. The game it reminded me the most of was Deus Ex, except I was a crazy vampire and the game was actually fun.

O

Olorin

Swords & Soldiers an awesome little Wiiware 2D sidescrolling RTS game. Gotta love a game where the necromancer says "Bring out your dead" and the whole Viking campaign is about a barbecue.

Been playing through Fallout 3 again since my saves vanished and a little bit of Battlefield: 1943 as well.

Dead Space, frustratingly, on a PC. Are the gamepad controls as God awful on the console? I almost couldn't get past the mass driver part because of how awful the aiming was.

Ever since I got the DLCs, I've been replaying Fallout 3, with various combinations of mods. Right now I'm playing with the Ultimate Perk Pack and the Fallout Overhaul Kit.

The Operation: Anchorage equipment is amazingly overpowered. Which is good because the Broken Steel enemies are too, and FOOK makes normal enemies tougher.

Not much besides but Recruit-a-Friend WoW with Mr. ZM, until August 2, really. That's all my gaming energy at the moment, although I did just get a bigger TV and am looking forward to Mass Effect or Fallout 3 on it.

I'm playing a few iPhone games as I'm not over the novelty yet. Mostly Toki Tori, Zenonia, Triazzle, and Myst.

C

Chazwozel

Ed got me back into TF2.

Before that it was Ghostbusters on PC.

I see Monkey Island is 10 bucks. I believe I'm going to purchase it.

At work I've been rocking the solitaire pretty hard.

I found Sly Cooper3 for $4 so I picked that up, finished that recently. Other than that, just Rockband. I don't really have much time or money for games anymore...

I haven't played much of anything lately. Well, Diablo 2, of course. I'm thinking of playing Metroid Prime 3 again since I never finished it the first time.

ZenMonkey said:
Not much besides but Recruit-a-Friend WoW with Mr. ZM, until August 2, really. That's all my gaming energy at the moment, although I did just get a bigger TV and am looking forward to Mass Effect or Fallout 3 on it.

I'm playing a few iPhone games as I'm not over the novelty yet. Mostly Toki Tori, Zenonia, Triazzle, and Myst.
My roommate has a huge TV and ME is beautiful on it. Do that.

O

Oddbot

Haven't been playing much but LOTRO lately. About two months ago I made the switch from a casual guild to a endgame raiding guild, and I'm having a lot of fun actually diving into more of the endgame (and PvPing if I have extra time), especially with the new raid content that just came out.

T

TheBrew

Playing the remake of Monkey Island in-between WoW and Rock Band sessions.

Oddbot said:
Haven't been playing much but LOTRO lately. About two months ago I made the switch from a casual guild to a endgame raiding guild, and I'm having a lot of fun actually diving into more of the endgame (and PvPing if I have extra time), especially with the new raid content that just came out.
Wow, they added End-Game raiding to LOTRO? What's the raid size and how many zones is there? How many days does it take to take down a zone?

I'm actually really curious about this, lack of end-game was one of the things that drove me off from LOTRO.

The first Resistance. I'm in London finally and taking on multiple walkers and I keep dying.
And it's pissing me off.

I had an urge for old games the other day.

Castle of the Winds, Uncharted Waters II, also took a shot at elder scrolls II, but couldn't get into it. The controls were a major pain; I got killed by one of the very first rats it has you face because when it was right up to me to attack me my sword wouldn't touch it; it just kept swinging right over it's head. It would seem the only Elder Scrolls game I can stand is Oblivion.

C

crono1224

Played a bit of theme hospital lately, some DOTA, but mostly its just WoW. Thinking of buying Bioshock and beating that, but really no idea what games i want to add to play. Have been hankering for some old SNES games however, maybe Chrono Trigger again, or FF3(6).

David said:

Castle of the Winds, Uncharted Waters II, also took a shot at elder scrolls II, but couldn't get into it. The controls were a major pain; I got killed by one of the very first rats it has you face because when it was right up to me to attack me my sword wouldn't touch it; it just kept swinging right over it's head. It would seem the only Elder Scrolls game I can stand is Oblivion.
WOOO for Uncharted Waters 2!!!

Shegokigo said:
David said:

WOOO for Uncharted Waters 2!!!
I played as the pirate lady :D