Export thread

What are you playing?

Limit: 500

Roxxoredizorz

I was just wondering what all of you have picked up, and played lately? Some new stuff? Some old stuff? Let's hear!

Lately my three games that I've been playing are: Battlefield 1943, Monkey Island (360), and Fight Night Round 4.

Battlefield 1943 is a re-imagining of the original Battlefield 1942, even has the original famous Wake Island. I found it's a lot of fun to play, even though there are only 3 ground maps, and one only-plane map. The people at EA/Dice are always thinking for this, and any problems it had the first week are gone like the wind. They promised us the only-plane map, but after we got 43,000,000 kills, and that took us a week. They have talked about more maps, and new classes, which will be nice.

I haven't played too much into Monkey Island yet, but it is still the classic game that you know, and love. The graphics have been re-done, and now with voices instead of the text. When playing, you can even switch back to the original look!

Fight Night Round 4 is better than the last, and will be until the next round starts. Having so many boxers on board with this is great. You have a stable of people to choose from. Sugar Ray Leonard, Manny Pac-Man Pacquiao, and the great Muhammad Ali are just a few to name. The graphics are spectacular, and seeing someones face ripple, while hitting the mat, is a treat after playing a hard round.

Wasabi Poptart

After the thread about Overlord2, I decided to start playing Overlord again since I never finished it. It's such a fun game.

Nile

Nile

Replaying Majora's Mask. It's even better than I remember it being.

Rubicon

WoW atm, waiting for Star Trek Online, Stargate Worlds and Star Wars The Old Republic

I picked up Left 4 Dead last week but im waiting on my new laptop I ordered to really jump into it cause my current rig aint really running it too well

figmentPez

figmentPez

- Tales of Monkey Island (and very eagerly awaiting the next chapter)
- Titan Quest (grrr, not going to be able to play it on the trip I'm taking. I didn't expect to like it this much. I only tried it because it's on Gametap and I had nothing to lose.)
- Siberia (just started, no opinion yet. It's on Gametap and runs on my new laptop.)
- X-Com UFO Defense (just started, I regretted missing this one back in the day. Not sure if I'll be able to get into it, though. I love playing old games I used to play, but playing old games for the first time is different. Eh, it's a Gametap game, so no waste if I can't get into the retro groove.)
- Chrono Trigger (Going through with a New Game +)
- Crosswords DS (probably going to pull this out at least once on the road this week)

So many games, so little time. There are at least 3 other games I could put on this list because I'm part-way through, and plan to finish, but haven't been playing for various reasons.

PatrThom

PatrThom

This week it's been Plants v. Zombies. It's entertaining, whimsical, and has some replayability.
Plus it's something I can put down for a while if I need to.

--Patrick

Yoink

Playing some older (but awesome) stuff

Just finished Max Payne 2 and Mafia again. Now Age of Mythology.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

- Fallout 3 Trying out some new mods, this'll be my 6th play through.
- WoW Play about 4hrs a day, more if it's a raid night.
- Dragon Quest 8 Just bought it, can't play it till I get a new PS2. *sigh*
- Team Fortress 2 About 2hrs a day.

Aisaku

I play in three platforms, PC, PSP and DS.

Playing Pangya Golf on the PSP, fun and very laid back. And very animu, actually. ^^;; Played Taiko no Tatsujin, but since I reached the top of my drumming skill I just let it rest for a while.

Playing Cave Story on the PC, a free game that recaptures the metroidvania feel. Last game I completed on the PC was Psychonauts. One of the finest games I've ever played. Oh right, I played some Plants Vs. Zombies, but taking it really easy, like once every 2 weeks.

I was playing Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor on the DS before throwing it to the pit, out of frustration. It's good, but damn! It's hard. Might get into Broken Sword... it's pretty much a perfect adaptation. Can't wait for the next Phoenix Wright game.

JONJONAUG

Nile said:
Replaying Majora's Mask. It's even better than I remember it being.
Same here.

Also finished Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines somewhat recently. That was the best WRPG I've played since Morrowind. The game it reminded me the most of was Deus Ex, except I was a crazy vampire and the game was actually fun.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

WoW

Chrono Trigger, working on the DS version with a New Game + to see what's going on with the new portals that appeared.

Olorin

Swords & Soldiers an awesome little Wiiware 2D sidescrolling RTS game. Gotta love a game where the necromancer says "Bring out your dead" and the whole Viking campaign is about a barbecue.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Playin' some old-ass shit.

Might and Magic 6, Stonekeep, Super Mario RPG, Star Ocean 2

Siska

Siska

Elder Scrolls 2! :aaahhh:

Far

Far

Been playing through Fallout 3 again since my saves vanished and a little bit of Battlefield: 1943 as well.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Dead Space, frustratingly, on a PC. Are the gamepad controls as God awful on the console? I almost couldn't get past the mass driver part because of how awful the aiming was.

B

bhamv2

Ever since I got the DLCs, I've been replaying Fallout 3, with various combinations of mods. Right now I'm playing with the Ultimate Perk Pack and the Fallout Overhaul Kit.

The Operation: Anchorage equipment is amazingly overpowered. Which is good because the Broken Steel enemies are too, and FOOK makes normal enemies tougher.

twitchmoss

twitchmoss

replaying ratchet & clank 3 for the umpty-umpth time. its STILL fun to play.

Not much besides but Recruit-a-Friend WoW with Mr. ZM, until August 2, really. That's all my gaming energy at the moment, although I did just get a bigger TV and am looking forward to Mass Effect or Fallout 3 on it.

I'm playing a few iPhone games as I'm not over the novelty yet. Mostly Toki Tori, Zenonia, Triazzle, and Myst.

Chazwozel

Ed got me back into TF2.

Before that it was Ghostbusters on PC.

I see Monkey Island is 10 bucks. I believe I'm going to purchase it.

At work I've been rocking the solitaire pretty hard.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I found Sly Cooper3 for $4 so I picked that up, finished that recently. Other than that, just Rockband. I don't really have much time or money for games anymore...

Krisken

Krisken

I haven't played much of anything lately. Well, Diablo 2, of course. I'm thinking of playing Metroid Prime 3 again since I never finished it the first time.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

ZenMonkey said:
Not much besides but Recruit-a-Friend WoW with Mr. ZM, until August 2, really. That's all my gaming energy at the moment, although I did just get a bigger TV and am looking forward to Mass Effect or Fallout 3 on it.

I'm playing a few iPhone games as I'm not over the novelty yet. Mostly Toki Tori, Zenonia, Triazzle, and Myst.
My roommate has a huge TV and ME is beautiful on it. Do that.

Oddbot

Haven't been playing much but LOTRO lately. About two months ago I made the switch from a casual guild to a endgame raiding guild, and I'm having a lot of fun actually diving into more of the endgame (and PvPing if I have extra time), especially with the new raid content that just came out.

Gurpel

Gurpel

Dwarf Fortress.

:paranoid:

Don't judge me.

TheBrew

Playing the remake of Monkey Island in-between WoW and Rock Band sessions.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oddbot said:
Haven't been playing much but LOTRO lately. About two months ago I made the switch from a casual guild to a endgame raiding guild, and I'm having a lot of fun actually diving into more of the endgame (and PvPing if I have extra time), especially with the new raid content that just came out.
Wow, they added End-Game raiding to LOTRO? What's the raid size and how many zones is there? How many days does it take to take down a zone?

I'm actually really curious about this, lack of end-game was one of the things that drove me off from LOTRO.

CynicismKills said:
My roommate has a huge TV and ME is beautiful on it. Do that.
Cool, been too long since I've picked that up anyway.

Koko

Been playing WC3 BNet and replaying the KOTOR games.

Espy

Espy

The first Resistance. I'm in London finally and taking on multiple walkers and I keep dying.
And it's pissing me off.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Right now, other than a big number of multiplayer shooters, I'm playing Trine and Geneforge 5.

David

David

I had an urge for old games the other day.

Castle of the Winds, Uncharted Waters II, also took a shot at elder scrolls II, but couldn't get into it. The controls were a major pain; I got killed by one of the very first rats it has you face because when it was right up to me to attack me my sword wouldn't touch it; it just kept swinging right over it's head. It would seem the only Elder Scrolls game I can stand is Oblivion.

crono1224

Played a bit of theme hospital lately, some DOTA, but mostly its just WoW. Thinking of buying Bioshock and beating that, but really no idea what games i want to add to play. Have been hankering for some old SNES games however, maybe Chrono Trigger again, or FF3(6).

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

David said:

Castle of the Winds, Uncharted Waters II, also took a shot at elder scrolls II, but couldn't get into it. The controls were a major pain; I got killed by one of the very first rats it has you face because when it was right up to me to attack me my sword wouldn't touch it; it just kept swinging right over it's head. It would seem the only Elder Scrolls game I can stand is Oblivion.
WOOO for Uncharted Waters 2!!!

David

David

Shegokigo said:
David said:

I played as the pirate lady :D

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

David said:
Shegokigo said:
David said:

I played as the pirate lady :D
Catalina? But of course! It's the only way!

T

Tanolen

Just beat Morrowind and Vampire: the Masquarde: Bloodlines, guess I'm on to Mass Effect.

Oddbot

Shegokigo said:
Oddbot said:
Wow, they added End-Game raiding to LOTRO? What's the raid size and how many zones is there? How many days does it take to take down a zone?

I'm actually really curious about this, lack of end-game was one of the things that drove me off from LOTRO.
If you haven't played since before the Mines of Moria expansion there's ALOT more to do at endgame, this time around.

Instance-wise at endgame there's currently:
7 six man instances
2 three man instances
2 12-man "lair" one boss raids (3 day reset)
1 12-man 6-boss Raid dungeon (7 day reset)

Add in daily solo instances (6) and Lothlorean which is basically an entire zone dedicated to endgame solo questing (for rep/loot/etc).

Gear is set up more logically too, using hope as a way of gating raids. So you'll have to run the 6mans (or some 3mans) to get your gear to have enough hope to be able to start on most of the raids.

It's not as much as WoW but not too shabby either. It's plenty to keep our guild schedule full each week.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Interesting, WoW is at a stand-still for me at the moment. We've already done all there is to do in WoW at the moment as a guild (minus a couple of hard-modes), my characters (3 of them) are as "finished" as they can be. So I'm pretty much grinding factions, rare mounts, and money till the next content patch. So I've been looking for another game to tide me over the inbetweens till Aion.

10 day free trial I see too for LOTRO.

rvdleun

I suffer from a bad case of game ADD, but recently been semi-forcing myself to ignore most games and focus on Vampire: Bloodlines. And I'm glad I did, because it's a friggin' wonderful game. Currently playing as a Gangrel, recently unlocked the warform, and it's seriously one of my favorite RPGs so far. Unfortunately, I think I've reached the part where things will go to hell, but the dialogue, the storyline, the quests, the enviroment... well, it's a pity that Troika isn't around anymore.

After this, I seriously want to play and finish Might and Magic: Dark Messiah. I got the NVidia 3D Goggles awhile back, and frankly, it's an amazing experience. The first level(After the tutorial) basically seems to be one big demonstration to showcase what the goggles can do, and I really want to go through the whole game with the goggles. I'll likely try to replay some other games with them as well.

Other than that, recently bought Guitar Hero: World Tour around the time of my girlfriend's birthday, and been having a blast. The drums are cool, and there are some fun songs to play on the guitar. Played the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island, and can't wait to see the next one. Been playing the remake of Secret of Monkey Island as well, partially for myself, and my GF somewhat likes watching the game, but wouldn't want to do play it herself.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

WoW, of course -_-.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is just heaps of fun. I think I'm about a third of the way through, and I've managed to only lose 3 characters, none of whom I was actually using.
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: I'm still early in it, but I'm sooo glad I got this. I was worried about the stylus controls, but I honestly haven't noticed them after I started. It's kind of like playing Zelda with a mouse. I love using the boomerang this way, and sword-fighting is easy too. I got all stupid-proud of myself earlier today when I gave up on a puzzle, saying I'd check it when I got home, and then decided I wasn't going to give up that easy and ended up solving it.
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions: This is a game that needed a new translation, but I really, REALLY hate the new one. Everyone's waxing poetic for all of their dialogue now like they're out of Shakespeare. It's overly wordy and feels false. Also, the slowdown during abilities is much worse than on the PS1, regardless of what the developers say. That all said, I adore the gameplay as always. I'm using a rotating party of 9 guys at the moment, all to have different specialties.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

I've been playing Evil Genius again.

Man, it's fun being a vile commander of an army of minions. :twisted:

Adam

Adammon

Final Fantasy 7. Reached the second for the first time two weeks ago. Reached the third disc this weekend. Trained a gold chocobo for the first time ever on Sunday.

Playing time: 63 hours. :(

Krisken

Krisken

I just got Lego Starwars Complete Saga and Professor Layton and the Curious Village... but my DS is out of juice and I think I lent the power cord to my wife :(

Olorin

escushion said:
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is just heaps of fun. I think I'm about a third of the way through, and I've managed to only lose 3 characters, none of whom I was actually using.
I'm playing Shadow Dragon whenever I'm at my girlfriend's place (on her DS) This is the first Fire Emblem where I've lost a character and didn't reset the level. I hate that there's no background story or dialoge at all for most of the characters, so it doesn't really matter if they die because they're so soulless. The gameplay is still mostly good (though the lack of 'rescue' is frustrating at times), but it's definately the worst Fire Emblem I've played.
I do like the large amount of difficult levels though. (I'm playing at 2 star hard)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Just finished Hero's Quest: King's Bounty. Pretty awesome game if you like the genre.
Still playing a bit of Sims 3.

Now doubting between Empire Total War or Anno 1404 as my next buy, or the Monkey Islands...Or just replaying some old favourites (KotOR and Titan Quest are both on that list, definitely.)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Completely uninterested in games right now, but I feel like I'll want to play Oblivion once I get my new PC. :D

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Olorin said:
escushion said:
I'm playing Shadow Dragon whenever I'm at my girlfriend's place (on her DS) This is the first Fire Emblem where I've lost a character and didn't reset the level. I hate that there's no background story or dialoge at all for most of the characters, so it doesn't really matter if they die because they're so soulless. The gameplay is still mostly good (though the lack of 'rescue' is frustrating at times), but it's definately the worst Fire Emblem I've played.
I do like the large amount of difficult levels though. (I'm playing at 2 star hard)
I've kind of assigned and grown attached to some. Any I put levels and work into I make sure don't die, and if they do, I reset. At some point I will get Radiant Dawn for the Wii, but since this is my first Fire Emblem game, I'm having a hard time putting a fault to it for plot and character when the gameplay is so much fun.

David

David

Adammon said:
Final Fantasy 7. Reached the second for the first time two weeks ago. Reached the third disc this weekend. Trained a gold chocobo for the first time ever on Sunday.

Playing time: 63 hours. :(
heh... I've had playing time on that game reach 99.99 so it would just freeze and not go any higher.

Last night I started checking out this browser game that has ads for it all over the place
http://evony.com/

When you first log on the chat room is shit (it's full of teenagers who signed up solely because of the large-breasted lady in the ad) but if you turn off the chat channel the game itself is at least as fun as a decent-quality newgrounds flash game. Usually with browser MMO's I play it for maybe half an hour and never go back, but this one has me hooked for now. Let's see if it can beat Runescape's record on me.

lafftaff

I've been replaying Donkey Kong II and III on my SNES

And RollerCoaster Tycoon on my PC. I forgot how much I enjoy this game.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I'm playing with myself, does that count? It's just a short single-player game. With an expansion it can be made into co-op though

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Playing Resident Evil 5, in co-op mode with my wife right now. Been on a binge of Nine Men Morris recently, I some how managed to defeat myself at a game and just can't figure out why.

Oddbot

Shegokigo said:
Interesting, WoW is at a stand-still for me at the moment. We've already done all there is to do in WoW at the moment as a guild (minus a couple of hard-modes), my characters (3 of them) are as "finished" as they can be. So I'm pretty much grinding factions, rare mounts, and money till the next content patch. So I've been looking for another game to tide me over the inbetweens till Aion.

10 day free trial I see too for LOTRO.
Yeah I'd suggest giving it a go. It's a lot of fun. With a free trial you'll at least be able to try out the 2 new classes that they added with the expansion.

Philosopher B.

Time Splitters 2. 'S cool.

B

bhamv2

David said:
(it's full of teenagers who signed up solely because of the large-breasted lady in the ad)
That really is a very attractive lady though. The very idea of her calling me "my lord".... *drool*

David

David

Day two, and I'm still having fun with Evony. I joined a random guild and they seem pretty awesome so far. The beginners chat channel works pretty great as a fly trap for the retards, so they don't flood into the guild channels.

Simfers

Simfers

I am currently shoulder-deep in Persona 3 FES. I am enjoying it tremendously. :D

LordRavage

Playing Homeworld.

It reminds me a bit of Battlestar. Having a good time building my fleets and unleashing them.

:pirate:

Aisaku

Philosopher B. said:
Time Splitters 2. 'S cool.
Once you're done with it, Second Sight was done by the same team before they went the way of the Dodo. It's reallly good.

fade

fade

Not much. I got bored with WoW after the free month. I reupped for one, but I played so little after that that I dropped the subscription. I made it to lvl 50. Too easy. And for 11 million people, it sure is lonely. I think I grouped like twice, which coming from the far less populated CoH was really weird. I got bored with that, too. I play sporadically. A month here, a month there (for a total of 3) because it gets boring too. Both are just chock full of the same "missions" or "quests" over and over and over...

The only game I'm playing right now is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And by playing, I mean I pick it up for 20 minutes every other day. It starts to get really repetitive after that, too. I'd really love to see something less repetitive. And less lifebar-based.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

fade said:
Not much. I got bored with WoW after the free month. I reupped for one, but I played so little after that that I dropped the subscription. I made it to lvl 50. Too easy. And for 11 million people, it sure is lonely. I think I grouped like twice, which coming from the far less populated CoH was really weird. I got bored with that, too. I play sporadically. A month here, a month there (for a total of 3) because it gets boring too. Both are just chock full of the same "missions" or "quests" over and over and over...
That's easy to explain. CoH is great for leveling up, but "dead" in the end-game. WoW is "dead" for leveling up, and "begins" when you hit max level.

fade

fade

Well, either way, they both get boring fast.

Reading the LOTRO manual. Seems like they mushed together CoH and WoW. The classes seem like the CoH archetypes--even some of the descriptive text is the same. The UI and gameplay seems more WoW-like. What, you can't play an Istari? Lame :) . (Maybe it's "Loremaster"?)

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Shegokigo said:
That's easy to explain. CoH is great for leveling up, but "dead" in the end-game. WoW is "dead" for leveling up, and "begins" when you hit max level.
I actually enjoyed leveling up my characters when I was a little newb in WoW. The issue now is that everyone is 80, so walking about the Barrens leveling up has become one of the most lonely experiences ever. You just want to get past it into populated regions. Outland is also starting to feel like that now, with the only sign of life being the random death knight ganking you. :eek:rly:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

ScytheRexx said:
Shegokigo said:
I actually enjoyed leveling up my characters when I was a little newb in WoW. The issue now is that everyone is 80, so walking about the Barrens leveling up has become one of the most lonely experiences ever. You just want to get past it into populated regions. Outland is also starting to feel like that now, with the only sign of life being the random death knight ganking you. :eek:rly:
Or 4 DKs looking for a healer to run Ramps. :rofl:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

ScytheRexx said:
Shegokigo said:
I've yet to get to max level at any given time. I stopped playing when my main hit 69 until Lich King came out. I have a 76 now, so maybe I'll get there, but I like leveling too. I wish they hadn't cut the experience for Outland though--you spend so much time in fucking Azeroth, Outland feels like a reward. Now it zips by in a flash. If they'd left experience as it was, people would still jump to Northrend at 68, so Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley would still be empty, but at least people would have to stick around for Nagrand and Blade's Edge if the experience was the same. Nowadays, 58-61 Hellfire, 61-64 Zangarmarsh, 64-68 Terokar. My old hunter spent 62-64 in nothing but Hellfire Citadel, and still had to do almost everything in Nagrand, and half of Blade's Edge, and some of Shadowmoon Valley.

Not saying I want people to have to do more work than now, but for when I play through, I like spending time in Outland.

Chibibar

playing CoH now (reactivated recently) Evil Genius (STILL love that game. I hope I find dungeon keeper disc I did bought 2 copies so far and can't find them) and L4D custom campaign and bunch o facebook games.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm playing NOTHING right now. BFG cannot send me my new cards fast enough. I'm so fucking bored.

TwoBit

Mario Sunshine. Got it cheap on eBay. Never played it back when it came out.

It's OK so far. But I think I prefer 64 and Galaxy.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I WAS playing a WoW Trial account, until I hit 20 and realized it wouldn't let me get XP anymore. This was fucking frustrating as hell, as my friends (around 22-25) had waited for me to catch up before they started tackling Hillsbrad so I could go with them. They aren't mad at me, but I want to strangle somebody at Blizzard now.

So it's back to CoH for now.

Chibibar

AshburnerX said:
I WAS playing a WoW Trial account, until I hit 20 and realized it wouldn't let me get XP anymore. This was fucking frustrating as hell, as my friends (around 22-25) had waited for me to catch up before they started tackling Hillsbrad so I could go with them. They aren't mad at me, but I want to strangle somebody at Blizzard now.

So it's back to CoH for now.
Well.... it is a Trial account :) they don't want people to get "all" the content for free ;) you gotta pay baby!

Singularity.EXE

Evil Genius Got a little boring when there is no possible way for me to be in any danger whatsoever. I have the most impenetrable known to mankind. Also, I can't figure out how to get the doomsday research.
City Of Heroes I'm sad I've seen no one on the forums on, but my level 10 tanker is still having fun. I played an AE the other day and was severely disappointed. I understand how it was taken to its logical conclusion of being a straight shot of enemies.
Civ 4: Beyond the Sword Here we have a winner. Trying a new route as the Carthaginians (as per usual) but this time around there is absolutely *no military.* The year is 1725, and I haven't figured out Archery yet. But what I have figured out? Fucking Fission. Take that.

Chibibar

Singularity.EXE said:
Evil Genius Got a little boring when there is no possible way for me to be in any danger whatsoever. I have the most impenetrable known to mankind. Also, I can't figure out how to get the doomsday research.
City Of Heroes I'm sad I've seen no one on the forums on, but my level 10 tanker is still having fun. I played an AE the other day and was severely disappointed. I understand how it was taken to its logical conclusion of being a straight shot of enemies.
Div 4: Beyond the Sword Here we have a winner. Trying a new route as the Carthaginians (as per usual) but this time around there is absolutely *no military.* The year is 1725, and I haven't figured out Archery yet. But what I have figured out? Fucking Fission. Take that.
Evil Genius - I presume you are on 2nd island? If you are, you NEED to steal the codex AND kidnap some scientist (yea.. it kinda mention it, but I didn't understand until I look at the map. I stole everything that is on that map)

CoH - I have been on Virtue with my level 9 Spine/Willpower Scrapper. I'm trying to get to 50 so I have a money maker for the rest of my brood :)

Jay

Jay

Frankie said:
Dead Space, frustratingly, on a PC. Are the gamepad controls as God awful on the console?.
I sure hope not. Dead Space is an awesome game which I'm playing currently (chapter 6 hydroponics) and I couldn't play it for months since I'm a left handed gamer and the game doesn't allow you to use arrow keys and limited keys. gotta love shoddy port work to the pc, right? I found this glovepie app that helped me actually play the game the way that i wanted. the mouse controls are sloppy and slow to move but i guess it add to the "confined" experience you get to the game as your reaction needs to be superquick to react to shit. it's a good game thus far. this game makes mass effect look ugly. wow, the graphics are AMAZING.

Shegokigo said:
David said:

I played the shit outta that game back in the day. Still prefer the English guy though, he was always enjoyable to play with or with the Franco kid, sailing and fightin' around the world.

The question is, who's played ININDO lately??? MMMMM

I'm currently playing :

- Dead Space (#1)
- System Shock 2 (special fan made missions)
- The Sims 3 (it's cute, for now)
- Left 4 Dead (custom campaigns FTW)
- Fallout 3 (i love this game!)

Looking forward to :

- Resident Evil 5 for the PC and play COOP.
- Left 4 Dead 2
- NHL 2010
- Dead Space : Extraction and play COOP.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I think I'm switching around between games more than I ever have before. I used to play maybe two games at once, and always finish one of those before starting another. Now I've got more than a half-dozen games I've started and still plan on coming back to.

But what I've actually played in the last week or so:
Just finished Tales of Monkey Island: Lair of the Leviathan
Still playing Trine, Titan Quest, Braid, Prince of Persia The Sands of Time and Left 4 Dead on my desktop, and Puzzle Quest on my netbook (I'm not sure discovering that Gametap has this one was a good thing).

Andi

Drachenherz

Playing Forza Motorsport 2 at the moment in preparation for Forza Motorsport 3...

Can't wait to race my buddies online... :third:

@Li3n

@Li3n

Stupid Prototype with it's stupid web of intrigue... i finished it and now i'm just fooling around while looking for web targets...

Also playing NWN2 Storm of Zehir with a level appropriate party instead of my lvl20 monk like last time...

And Majesty 2, but once i got to the parts where you don't win so easily i took a break to finish the previous 2...

Hylian

Hylian

Right now I am playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village. I only have two puzzles left to solve but they are driving me insane. Part of me wants to just look them up and be done but the other part says that I can do it. It's puzzle 134 I am stuck on right now for those who are curious.

Olorin

I'm playing Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen on the Virtual Console. It's not bad, but it's getting rather repetitive. I hope it'll get more interesting soon.

ThatNickGuy

Sims 3.

And damn you all for getting me tempted to buy the game. I thought my laptop wouldn't run it, but then I checked Can You Run It and its specs were so high that it nearly pushed Recommended standards. So I bought it.

And I haven't done much else since Friday, aside from work.

Damn you, Halforum House.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

BRÜTAL LEGEND!!!

Dusty668

Still playing @talviar & @aloenia on Virtue server with City of Villains. Feel free to Hollah.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm playing Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen on the Virtual Console. It's not bad, but it's getting rather repetitive. I hope it'll get more interesting soon.
Easily my favorite strategy RPG in it's glory days. I loved the sheer number of endings/secret characters/hidden classes. Such a great game, completely worth your time to finish.

Currently my new gaming rotation (after beating S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) remains mostly the same. WoW/TF2 and now Saints Row 2 (I had purchased it for $5 on D2D but oh god, the PC version is riddled with problems that haven't and don't seem to ever have a chance of being fixed) so I purchased it off Craigslist for 15$ on Xbox360 and am having a blast.

Gusto

Gusto

Playing the Sims 3 and replaying Mass Effect.

Goddamn I like Mass Effect. Playing Female/Soldier/Tali+Liara/Pistols. Slightly different dynamic from my first playthrough.

Just landed on Virmire and difused Wrex. Looking forward to killing Ashley instead of Kayden this time. :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Gusto, you been reading my Mass Effect SlashFics to get your group ideas? :slywink:

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto, you been reading my Mass Effect SlashFics to get your group ideas? :slywink:
Maaaaaaaaybe.

Tali is my favourite character with Liara and Wrex coming in shortly behind. I played my "Shephard's Angels" team loooong before I knew you had played ME or had such an extensive slashfic library, Shego. :slywink:

Not to bite your style or anything. :)

Shawn

Shawn

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

Damn these puzzles get hard.

Catafish

Playing procrastinate on halforum! Tomorrow, after my test, I will be playing Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and Demon's souls. The final one because apparently I hate myself that much.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Fallout 3: GOTY

Soooo much Fallout 3. I'd never played it before, since I didn't have anything to play it on. And once I got my new gaming computer, I decided to wait for the GOTY edition.

I've even put off buying Brutal Legend because this game is taking up so much of my gaming time.

Nile

Nile

Armored Core: For Answer.

I love this series so much, regardless of how repetitive/rehashing it has become.

Catafish

BRUTAL LEGEND!!!!!!!!!! It rocks so hard, Tim Schafer is my new god!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

BRUTAL LEGEND!!!!!!!!!! It rocks so hard, Tim Schafer is my new god!
I wonder if he's going to do it as a franchise, if it sells well. OF course, what would you call it the next one? Another Brutal Legend?

Though I'd totally laugh if it involved fighting against forces themed around Christen Rock.

Dusty668

Legendary Brutality: The Tour

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Just finished watching a Lets Play of Brutal Legend... it's pretty apparent they want to do a sequel, with the way it ends. Let's hope they get the sales to justify it.

JONJONAUG

Links plz.

Wahad

Wahad

Just finished watching a Lets Play of Brutal Legend... it's pretty apparent they want to do a sequel, with the way it ends. Let's hope they get the sales to justify it.
Where did you find it?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Where did you find it?[/QUOTE]

I just used the Youtube search function and sorted by newest. There are a couple ongoing, but TehNevs has a complete one up. I'll warn you though... there are times where he'll get lost and not know what to do, DESPITE THERE BEING HINT POP UPS TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO. Still, he's better about not being an idiot than darksydephil.

BTW... it seems like nobody understands your supposed to be using the Double Team attacks and popping off Face Melters like they were candy during the RTS segments. The RTS segments become cake then.

Wahad

Wahad

Thanks man! This will be good.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Been playing Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend. Uncharted 2 is a fucking masterpiece of design. The ice caves areas are straight up the most breath taking game locales I have ever seen.

Brutal Legend is alright. I'm not liking the RTS part. The soundtrack and writing is what's keeping me around.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I haven't "been into" a platformer for YEARS. Is Uncharted 2 a direct sequel (requiring you to play the first, etc) ?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

The storyline is completely separate from the first (though the first is awesome too and I would never recommend not playing it). You need to play the first one like you need to watch Indiana Jones movies in order. Not really necessary.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oh wait, it's PS3 exclusive?

So much for that. :eek:rly:

Wahad

Wahad

Thanks man! This will be good.
Boy, was I ever right. Sweet Jesus, the game looks even more awesome than it was promised. I want it so bad.

DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOON!! :rockon:

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

BTW... it seems like nobody understands your supposed to be using the Double Team attacks and popping off Face Melters like they were candy during the RTS segments. The RTS segments become cake then.
Yeah, I noticed that. 90% of your time should flying around, directing your troops.

There's only three reasons to hop down, and you should immediately get back in the air afterwards for mobility:

1) Pop a solo
2) Double-team attacks that de-buff your opponents, like the Baron and Killmaster
3) Take out the opposing team's general.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Yeah, I noticed that. 90% of your time should flying around, directing your troops.

There's only three reasons to hop down, and you should immediately get back in the air afterwards for mobility:

1) Pop a solo
2) Double-team attacks that de-buff your opponents, like the Baron and Killmaster
3) Take out the opposing team's general.[/QUOTE]

No, no... that's my point: People are spending too much time in the air, when they should be doing more Double Teams and solos. Treating it like a pure RTS is what is getting people killed.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

1) Pop a solo
3) Take out the opposing team's general.[/QUOTE]

No, no... that's my point: People are spending too much time in the air, when they should be doing more Double Teams and solos. Treating it like a pure RTS is what is getting people killed.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, dude, what I'm finding is that people spend too much time on the ground, try to go toe-to-toe with the meaner units, and get plastered all over the ground.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Tim Schafer Explains How to Play Brutal Legend

Lots more at the link but, "If you try to play the stage battles in Brütal Legend as an RTS game then you will lose. First you will get mad, then you will scream, and then you will lose."

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Tim Schafer Explains How to Play Brutal Legend

Lots more at the link but, \"If you try to play the stage battles in Brütal Legend as an RTS game then you will lose. First you will get mad, then you will scream, and then you will lose.\"
*shrug*

He's the expert obviously, but I had the most success in the single-player campaign by staying off the ground entirely, only going down for solos, double-teams, and punking the general. Didn't even bother going hand-to-hand with their most advanced units, because a group of them could usually kill me pretty easily, and I'd only get one or two at the most.

JONJONAUG

So I played through the Bayonetta demo a bunch of times.

So far, I'd say it's better than Devil May Cry but not as good as Ninja Gaiden or God Hand.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

So far, I'd say it's better than Devil May Cry but not as good as Ninja Gaiden or God Hand.
NOTHING will ever be as good as GODHAND.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

NOTHING will ever be as good as GODHAND.[/QUOTE]

this

in fact, that is what I am playing. I am playing some more God Hand.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I just finished playing Trine, and wow, what an awful last level for an amazing game. From reviews of the game I knew that the last level was different from the rest of the game, but I had no idea how badly. I was not expecting it to feel cheap and unimaginative. Did the development team run out of time/money or something? It's like they were trying to take all the worst parts of the Meat Circus level of Psychonauts and put them in Trine.
A race to the top of a tower is not a replacement for a boss fight. Especially when it makes a radical shift in gameplay. Most of the game is spent with no time limit and plenty of time to use skills. Then the last level has a rising pool of lava/molten metal and all the while you're climbing the tower the evil boss spawns obstacles in your path. Sometimes the spawn is triggered by your jump, so the only way to avoid them is to memorize the "correct" path to the top. Not only that, but because of the increased pace, the Wizard is all but useless, and often times if the Thief dies you might as well start the level over.

There are no checkpoints from the start of the level to the top of the tower. It took me more than a dozen tries to make it. When I finally did, I faced a small group of enemies, and steeled myself for the real boss fight... only to find there wasn't one. You jump to the top, grab the treasure, get split into three again, and the Knight smashes the evil Wizard on the head in a cut scene.

*sigh* Awesome game. Beautiful graphics and soundtrack, enjoyable voicework, good controls, fun concept. All around great platformer with minor puzzle elements. While the final level wasn't good, I did enjoy the ending narration. Which, while not flashy, fit very well with the tone of the game. I highly recommend Trine.

Now I think I'm going to go back to Super Paper Mario and see if I can finally finish it.

Gusto

Gusto

I just finished playing through Mass Effect again.

So psyched up right now. Can't wait for the sequel.

Terrik

Terrik

I just finished Mirror's edge. I love Faith <3

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Just wrapped up both Batman and Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2, in few words, is fan-fucking-tastic.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Playing more Street Fighter Alpha 3 as V-Mika. Involves a lot of butt.

Krisken

Krisken

I'm playing Diablo 2. Again.

DON'T JUDGE ME!

Math242

Math242

i'm waiting for Dragon Age: Origins.

While waiting, i'm playing Pro Cycling Manager, Soul Calibur IV and Dawn of War 2 (can't get enough of that game)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Still WoW and Saints Row 2.... Yeah I know, I take my time.

Gusto

Gusto

DON'T JUDGE ME!
I've been feeling the pull again too.

DAMN YOU BLIZZARD GIVE US A D3 RELEASE DATE

Soliloquy

I just purchased Medieval II: Total War Gold. It was only $20, I had a gift card, and it was the only thing that looked good at Best Buy.

I just spent a long time trying to figure out how to get it to install to a drive other than C:\, though. Stupid poorly-designed installer.

meyoumeyou

I'm in the process of downloading the demo version of this:

My rough understanding of the game is that you create your own custom disciple to then follow Jesus throughout his life experiences in ancient roman times.

...oh, did I forget to mention it's based off a wrestling game engine...

...yes, really.

TwoBit

I've been playing through Goldeneye. I never got to play it back in the day.

crono1224

Golden eye is one of the best :D

Oddbot

Played Aion for a month. It was fun but not worth paying past my free month which ran out yesterday. So, back to Lotro, raiding, and trying to get my minstrel alt to cap before the new expansion hits in Dec.

ThatNickGuy

Civilization IV, but one of the Beyond the Sword mods: Age of Ice. And holy crap, it's awesome. It's like a fantasy RPG, where you have to take down a god by collecting three pieces of this great sword and forge it. Of course, there are rival civilizations that worship this god, and the god itself sending mythical creatures (giant spiders, ogres, imps, etc; apparently, there are dragons at some point).

I'm still pretty early in, but goddamn, it's awesome.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I'm playing Torchlight.

I never played FATE, so to me, Torchlight is like crack to Diablo's cocaine. Same drug, more efficient intake.

And oh my word, the music...

Simfers

Simfers

Still in Persona 3 FES, nearing the end of The Answer. I'm enjoying it, but it's getting old. I SHOULD be able to finish it tonight or tomorrow. Then I'm gonna dive straight into Persona 4.

Dave

Dave

Bubble better say Torchlight or I'll hunt him down.

Wasabi Poptart

Scribblenauts

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Damn you Wildsoul! I've been wanting to play that but I can't bring myself to pay more than 10-15$ for games these days. :(

Simfers

Simfers

Still in Persona 3 FES, nearing the end of The Answer. I'm enjoying it, but it's getting old. I SHOULD be able to finish it tonight or tomorrow. Then I'm gonna dive straight into Persona 4.
This has come to pass. Persona 4 is awesome so far.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

This has come to pass. Persona 4 is awesome so far.[/QUOTE]

Persona 4 feels like hard mode Persona 3 FES ALL THE TIME. That's why they let you control your party this time... you need that fucking bone just to survive.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I just finished Braid, and have mixed feelings about it. It's a great mix of puzzle and platformer, in terms of gameplay, but the attempts at story just leave me rolling my eyes and wondering if I'm supposed to be working harder at understand the story than I was at solving each level. Sorry, while I'm not opposed to cryptic stories and subtle revelations of a game's world (I love the story telling in the Half-Life series), I just couldn't fathom any coherence in Braid. It's not like I expect everything to be explained to me. I loved Zeno Clash, and that world just expects you to accept it as it is, but I don't like what little Braid threw at me enough to enjoy it's "story". Great gameplay, though.

I'm not sure what's next, besides the Left 4 Dead 2 demo. Maybe I'll get back to World of Goo, or give Overlord a shot on Gametap.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Persona 4 feels like hard mode Persona 3 FES ALL THE TIME. That's why they let you control your party this time... you need that fucking bone just to survive.
they are nicer about how they handle the dungeons though. Letting you to start where you left rather than forcing you to go up 5-15 floors just to save your spot.

But yeah, enemies are bitches.

Fuck you, heaven

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

WoW, a little less now, but still playing that.

Left 4 Dead 2 demo, hopefully in better shape once I get my new monitor hooked up to my older computer that plays games better.

We also picked up an old Gamecube game, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem because of Spoony's review. That's pretty fun and crazy. I'm enjoying it a bit.

Terrik

Terrik

Playing through Mass Effect again as Paragon. This game kicks so much ass

TotalFusionOne

I've just got my first character post 60 in WoW. Alliance Pally. And I've just started AH fixing so I'm making about 1000g per day with my mithril monopoly.

But now I read someone playing Civ so all I want to do is play Civ. Or Roller Coaster Tycoon. Dammit. And can someone please get a good Ticket to Ride PC game?

R

Raemon777

I just finished Braid, and have mixed feelings about it. It's a great mix of puzzle and platformer, in terms of gameplay, but the attempts at story just leave me rolling my eyes and wondering if I'm supposed to be working harder at understand the story than I was at solving each level. Sorry, while I'm not opposed to cryptic stories and subtle revelations of a game's world (I love the story telling in the Half-Life series), I just couldn't fathom any coherence in Braid. It's not like I expect everything to be explained to me. I loved Zeno Clash, and that world just expects you to accept it as it is, but I don't like what little Braid threw at me enough to enjoy it's "story". Great gameplay, though.
Braid is not intended to have a "story" in the traditional meaning of the word. There are layers of meaning to be decoded to whatever extent you feel like decoding it, but the purpose is not the discover a narrative so much as to discover an idea. The game represents Tim exploring his own ideas and it tries its best to get you to identify with him (him being an obsessive guy who thinks backwards from everyone) and learning the same lessons he's learned.

And if you don't care to do that, well, then he's a guy chasing a princess who has to solve a lot on insanely weird puzzles, and that's fine too.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Braid is not intended to have a "story" in the traditional meaning of the word. There are layers of meaning to be decoded to whatever extent you feel like decoding it, but the purpose is not the discover a narrative so much as to discover an idea. The game represents Tim exploring his own ideas and it tries its best to get you to identify with him (him being an obsessive guy who thinks backwards from everyone) and learning the same lessons he's learned.

And if you don't care to do that, well, then he's a guy chasing a princess who has to solve a lot on insanely weird puzzles, and that's fine too.
I didn't like that either. The music and art conveyed emotion well, but every text box, after about half-way through, grated on my nerves in that game. That's not because it's non-traditional story-telling. I've played a little of The Path and really liked it (I need to get back to that game, actually), and it's even less traditional in it's story-telling than Braid is, with far less gameplay (and very cryptic text boxes). I just didn't like what Braid did, regardless of what it was trying to do. It didn't fit together well. The ending of the game didn't fit with the rest of the experience, and the text boxes went from sorta fitting with the games themes to just being an annoyance. Their tone didn't match the rest of the experience, and not in a contrasting way, but simply in a garish and ugly way.

R

Raemon777

My experience was that the text boxes in the levels themselves were fine - I enjoyed rereading them afterward to see how they tied in with the level. But I do think that the "epilogue" was somewhat lacking. The snippets of history were too disjointed and didn't really tie in with what had just happened (either the direct Princess lack-of-rescue or the metaphorical science version). I liked the very last section (the part where he builds a castle out of his various ideas) but it kinda came out of nowhere instead of being built out of, well, the previous ideas.

Timmus

Timmus

DON'T JUDGE ME!
Even if it's to judge you...awesome?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Winding down on Saints Row 2 (finishing up all the activities, one gang left, collecting misc goodies) and still playing WoW/TF2 pretty frequently.

After SR2, I'm probably going to pick up Dragon Age: Origins and when L4D2 comes out I'll probably be subbing my TF2 time to that.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Winding down on Saints Row 2 (finishing up all the activities, one gang left, collecting misc goodies) and still playing WoW/TF2 pretty frequently.

After SR2, I'm probably going to pick up Dragon Age: Origins and when L4D2 comes out I'll probably be subbing my TF2 time to that.
You want an invite to the Hal4um group?

Gusto

Gusto

I've been playing Chrono Trigger for the SNES and remembered why it's in my Holy Trinity for SNES RPGs.

I was kinda wondering what people thought about L4D, mostly people who had played other Valve team shooters like TF2.

Is it worth checking out? Or should I wait for L4D2 before trying it?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Both are worth it, personally I think L4D2 is a more complete experience and had a longer life span ahead of it. L4D1 I would recommend for the campaign modes and a few of the downloadable mods/content players released.

Gusto

Gusto

I waited so long to jump on the bandwagon because I really think the characters should have a little differentiation, like in TF2...

But Valve has never disappointed me and everyone seems to love this game.

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll pick up L4D2. Hopefully some of y'all won't mind playing with a total noob. :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The differentiation comes from the people you play with more than in any game, instead of the attributes of the characters themselves. Though I do admit, I wish some had better skills than others to make them a bit different.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Is it worth checking out? Or should I wait for L4D2 before trying it?
Play the L4D2 demo while you can.

What's been rumored, and sometimes outright stated by Valve, is that L4D2 will have all the L4D campaigns included with it. It's still not sure if that will happen, but at the very least all the fan-made maps for L4D will work on L4D2 as well.

Gusto

Gusto

Hehe thanks. I was really looking for answers since between my midterms, The Sims 3 and Chrono Trigger, I really just wanna shoot some shit in the face.

JONJONAUG

Playing Ouendan 2, at the very last song on the hardest difficulty.

This song is bullshit. I can hit every marker with 300s all around, but those spinners in the third part keep fucking me over. If I somehow do spin them enough, my hands are so out of whack that I can't go back to hitting markers.

;_;

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

This song is bullshit. I can hit every marker with 300s all around, but those spinners in the third part keep fucking me over. If I somehow do spin them enough, my hands are so out of whack that I can't go back to hitting markers.

;_;
I pulled a muscle in my forearm playing Elite Beat Agents on Hard last night. Those games are brutal.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

As can probably be guessed, I've been playing a whole lot of dragon age.

I even got all of the DLC.

On dialup.

That's dedication, my friends.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I waited so long to jump on the bandwagon because I really think the characters should have a little differentiation, like in TF2...

But Valve has never disappointed me and everyone seems to love this game.

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll pick up L4D2. Hopefully some of y'all won't mind playing with a total noob. :)
Me and Jay play, so you won't be lonesome.

I'm not a noob, but the demo's gears aren't perfect and make me feel like one at times. Or maybe I'm twitchy--I should play some campaign in L4D to hone my skills a little.

JONJONAUG

;_;
I pulled a muscle in my forearm playing Elite Beat Agents on Hard last night. Those games are brutal.[/QUOTE]

I just beat Ouendan 2 a couple hours ago.

I am very proud of myself, but now I have blisters all over my right hand.

TotalFusionOne

I've never finished a single JRPG.

Period.

I kinda wanna load up Chrono Trigger now.

figmentPez

figmentPez

It dawned in me that I could install World of Goo on my netbook, so I've finally gotten back to playing that. It runs great, and the game is a lot of fun. I'm only in world 3, though.

I tried playing Trackmania United Forever on Gametap, but couldn't get it to run. Apparently it's got issues with Vista or something. I'd grumble, but I'm not a huge racing game fan, I was just looking for a change of pace. Instead I went with Overlord, and I'm having fun. I can't shake the feeling that I've played the game before, though. Parts of it remind me of American McGee's Alice (and to a lesser extent Grimm), other parts remind me of Giants, but there's more I just can't put my finger on. It's fun so far, but not amazing. Nothing to make me regret not buying the sequel on-sale this past weekend.

Cuyval Dar

UT2k4,SWGEmu, Battle for Wesnoth, and UFO:AI.

Null

Null

Persona 3: FES, "The Answer"

After that, either Persona 4 or going back to FFXII.

Joe Johnson

CoD:MW2 - multiplayer. Pretty cool. There are so many options now for perks/ect, it's turning into a frickin' RPG.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I owned it years ago, but my friends finally picked it up, so we've been having fun with that.

I may go back and FINALLY finish Assassin's Creed.

Simfers

Simfers

Go for P4. It be awesome.

Null

Null

Go for P4. It be awesome.[/QUOTE]

It does look pretty good.

I have a hard time finishing FF games. There's that section just before the end where you're supposed to do most of the sidequests, you can travel anywhere, and there's a huge unexpected difficultly jump or some ridiculous task you have to do get the the best gear before the end? Well, that's where I never get past.

Except FF8. I don't think I've made it past the first disc on that one.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Just finished Dragon Age. Looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2.

Olorin

Super Paper Mario. Pretty easy and not as good as the Thousand-Year Door, but still very enjoyable.
Also played some Wiiware demos yesterday (yay finally!)

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm playing The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, and I must say I'm disappointed. The art and voice acting are good, but not great. In fact, quite a few of the voice lines seem to be lacking appropriate emotion, and the delivery falls flat. I guess that's mainly so much of the rest is excellent.

The other problem I'm having is that the interface is wonky. The hit boxes for clicking don't line up with the graphics on-screen, which is just plain pathetic. It makes navigating the inventory a chore. Also, there's no way to skip dialog that I can find.

Overall, it's nice to have the voice acting added to the game, but I was really expecting more polish on this game. Shame on you Lucas Arts!

Fun Size

Fun Size

Lego Indiana Jones. It's okay, but I keep wanting to use the force to solve problems.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Since my breakaway from WoW I'm playing:

and just finished

I'm going to finish Jeanne and buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy series to dive into next.

My online time is pretty much devoted to L4D2 at this point, but sadly this temporary system plays it like ass.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Maybe I'll pick up Oblivion again. I'd like to finish it eventually.

Krisken

Krisken

I like Oblivion because of how pretty it is, but for some reason I really have an urge to play Morrowind again. I just didn't get into Oblivion the way I did Morrowind.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I like Oblivion because of how pretty it is, but for some reason I really have an urge to play Morrowind again. I just didn't get into Oblivion the way I did Morrowind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Morrowind was so alien and interesting. Oblivion was incredibly generic in comparison.

I'm still dick-deep in Dragon Age.

Espy

Espy

Uncharted 2.

Super fun game.

RocketGirl

I don't seem to have a lot of time for games these days; most of my free time is taken up working on my webcomic or my YouTube vids.

But when I play games--maybe during a render or something--they tend to be something short and simple, like puzzle games and stuff. Been playing a lot of Bubblets (aka Jawbreaker), for example.

But, I freely admit that--much as I was REALLY disappointed with it--I've put Spore back on my machine. That game had so much potential before the upheaval in the development team, turning it from this really interesting game about science, evolution, and cosmology into a craptacular-but-pretty collection/mission game. *psigh* Alas.
But, yeah, it's back on my machine again...what can I say? I was bored, I'm broke, I needed SOMEthing to keep me from another game of Freecell!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Borderlands, which is awesome as hell.

Finally got to Arkham Asylum, too. It's great so far, I really feel like a badass in the fights and scaring the shit out of other thugs by leaving bodies and hanging baddies is awesome.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So what you're trying to say, is you barely started playing it today? :slywink:

Null

Null

Persona 4. I've barely done anything and it doesn't feel as smooth as Persona 3 did, but at the same time it feels a bit more immersive. I'm liking it so far.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Persona 4. I've barely done anything and it doesn't feel as smooth as Persona 3 did, but at the same time it feels a bit more immersive. I'm liking it so far.
Persona 4 is pretty much improved in every way when compared to Persona 3: FES.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

So what you're trying to say, is you barely started playing it today? :slywink:[/QUOTE]

I'll take that as a compliment!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Just finished Borderlands with the Soldier. Lame-ass final boss and pretty much no ending to speak of. :( Getting to the last area was harder than the boss itself.

However, now I have Arkham Asylum to finish (though this one's another lame last boss with a lame ending, sadly).

Soliloquy

I'm playing through Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.

Hilarious game, but the "updated" graphics are atrocious. Some of the scenery looks like they cobbled it together in Flash in 30 minutes, and I'm not kidding.

I'd run it in the original graphics mode if there were a way to get the voice acting along with it.

Null

Null

Persona 4 is pretty much improved in every way when compared to Persona 3: FES.[/QUOTE]

The camera isn't, and some of the dialogue comes off a bit more Engrishy. It isn't grabbing me as well as P3:FES but I'm going to give it more time.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Persona 4 is pretty much improved in every way when compared to Persona 3: FES.[/QUOTE]

The camera isn't, and some of the dialogue comes off a bit more Engrishy. It isn't grabbing me as well as P3:FES but I'm going to give it more time.[/QUOTE]

I found the story of Persona 4 to be much more compelling... especially how it actually seems like your making a difference in the world with your actions. In Persona 3, you MIGHT have saved some people by your actions on the Full Moons. In Persona 4, you KNOW you've saved lives each and every time you save someone from the Midnight Channel. It's more tangible.

You also seem less manipulative in the Social Links... it doesn't seem like your some guy feeding people lines to get them to like you. It seems more like these are legitimate parts of your personality and that you have a legitimate connection with everyone you meet.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

As far as PES 3 vs 4: 3 had the better combat, while 4 had the better social structure, imo. So I hope 5 will be a good mixture of both. They're both excellent games though.

And I'm currently playing Dragon Age, tried getting back into Aion, but after playing Dragon Age I realised again why I stopped with WoW. No story, no epic feel, no real pull to keep me going. So my Aion character will be collecting dust for a while I think.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

How could 3 have the better combat? The two games have the same battle system, only 4 had a few handy additions and the ability to control your team.

Gusto

Gusto

I've been playing L4D2 whenever there are people online that I like to play with (ie. you guys) or just whenever I feel like popping into a random Versus game and tearing the SHIT outta someone with my hunter. :)

I've also put about 20-25 hours into Sims 3: World Adventures and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. And yet I can't wait for another expansion.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

How could 3 have the better combat? The two games have the same battle system, only 4 had a few handy additions and the ability to control your team.
More weaknesses and thus harder to create an unbeatable persona mostly. I dunno, it just felt more woked out, I'll give you the party control though, that was indeed a much needed step.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Half-life 2.

Yeah, I'm behind the times. Just got the orange box, beat portal in one sitting, and now going through half-life 2 and its following episodes.

Oddbot

The girlfriend and I are working our way through Mario Bros Wii. We only play it with the two of us. Awesome game. Nintebdo should have made a co-op mario sidescroller 10 years ago.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Half-life 2.

Yeah, I'm behind the times. Just got the orange box, beat portal in one sitting, and now going through half-life 2 and its following episodes.
Such an awesome experience, good luck to ya!

Oh and enjoy this:

Krisken

Krisken

The wife and I are playing Rockband. yeah, the first one. Yeah, we know there are others out now. It's still a good time, though my wrist is starting to kill me.

Null

Null

The wife and I are playing Rockband. yeah, the first one. Yeah, we know there are others out now. It's still a good time, though my wrist is starting to kill me.
Heck, I've never played any Guitar Hero or Rock Band game.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Heck, I've never played any Guitar Hero or Rock Band game.[/QUOTE]

^
:uhhuh:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm still playing Half-Life 2, having now finally gotten time to do so.

HOLY FUCK.

This game is good! Like, really good! I should have played this five goddamn years ago.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Alright, I'm pretty done with Dragon Age. Now I need something new to play. Sigh.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I need something new to play. WoW is on hiatus until I get the cash to re-up, and I'm pretty much done with Borderlands for awhile. :(

figmentPez

figmentPez

*UGH* I tried playing Dreamkiller since it's free on Steam this weekend. Blech! Either I was playing it wrong, or this game has the most unfun first level I've ever played. The enemies are repetative, even for a level themed around arachnophobia. Most of the spiders are big rounded tarantula like shapes. No orb spiders, no spindly legs, no angular jumping spiders (not even the ones that jump). None of them crawl on walls. None dangle from webs. The only variation is demonic spiders with humanoid torsos.

You only get one weapon, and it sucks. You start out hand to hand and then get a mini-gun. I was thinking "awesome, I'll be able to rip these spiders to shreds now!" Nah. The gun overheats easily, and it doesn't do a lot of damage. I spent most of the level using the alt-fire which is a rocket launcher. This game made a mini-gun / rocket launcher that was a chore to use. You get unlimited ammo, at least I think it was unlimited. The game doesn't tell you, the HUD is horrible, and the manual is pathetic. Anyway, the rockets do a lot damage to your character if you get hit by the splash, but the bigger spiders take at least two rockets to kill. It's also got a slow reload time. Combat just felt tiresome because I didn't enjoy shooting the gun.

I finished the first level and gave up.

bhamv3

bhamv3

HOLY FUCK.

This game is good! Like, really good! I should have played this five goddamn years ago.
After you're done with HL2 and its Episodes, might I suggest you download SMOD (short for Super Mod) for HL2. New weapons, new enemies, new gameplay features, new in-game events... I now consider SMOD to be the definitive HL2 experience. I'm going to be mighty disappointed when Episode 3 comes out and I can't kick people.

figmentPez

figmentPez

HOLY FUCK.

Yes, you should have. Is there anyone else out there that hasn't played HL2 yet? I've still got a copy of the game sitting in my Steam account since I bought the Orange Box. I managed to give away HL2:ep1 a while back, but I thought for sure everyone even marginally interested in HL2 had already played it.

Null

Null

Never played any of the Orange Box games. Or pretty much any FPS. Except "Black" for the PS2, which I really suck at and so haven't played in years.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Im playing Monopoly Tycoon and Hero's of Might and Magic V.
Also Sims 3 World Adventure.Made myself a Adventuring Family. Exploring Tombs and making wine.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Inspired by Ravenpoe as someone who has owned the Orange Box since its release and only really played Portal and Team Fortress 2, I'm now giving Half-Life 2 an honest shot.

Olorin

I played some Pokemon Rumble with my girlfriend last weekend, and it's a lot more awesome than I thought. Sure, the gameplay is fairly basic: you walk around simple dungeons beating up hordes of Pokemon in real-time combat. But you use different Pokemon all the time, and there's a huge variety in attacks and special skills which makes it a lot of fun.

Soliloquy

I recently bought myself borderlands, but haven't had the time to even start it up yet.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

On the last parts of Jeanne D'Arc (I really loved this game and can see myself really finishing it off in the post-game levels).

My online time is still pretty split between L4D2 and TF2 though I've started playing Aion very VERY casually (one hour or less a day).

After Jeanne D'Arc it's a toss up to pick up Dragon Age CE or Metroid Prime Trilogy CE.

Jay

Jay

Dark Messiah.

I'm currently making it an art to kick people down stairways.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Dark Messiah was fantastic, really loved that game.

Cog

Cog

I'm playing Xenosaga Episode I. I hate the gameplay but I want to know what happens next...

Piotyr

Piotyr

I'm playing Xenosaga Episode I. I hate the gameplay but I want to know what happens next...
Yeah, that game does that. How far along have you made it?

Simfers

Simfers

Persona 4 is now over (got the true ending and everything).

I am now diving into the first Digital Devil Saga. Wish me luck.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I need to finish up my true ending playthrough of Persona 4. Finally got a new PS2 controller... no excuse not to now.

Piece of Advice: Once you have X-Buster quicken on KOS-MOS, use those points to bump up her stats. She'll turn into a one woman army. It works well on Shion too, once you have Spell Ray and Moonlight Blade quickened.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

On the last parts of Jeanne D'Arc (I really loved this game and can see myself really finishing it off in the post-game levels).

After Jeanne D'Arc it's a toss up to pick up Dragon Age CE or Metroid Prime Trilogy CE.
I'm on the Paris castle stage. I can't bring myself to finish it though, I want to get as many ultimate items as I can.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Without spoiling anything, after you beat the final boss you continue playing for items/levelingup/extra dungeons.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's a game about Joan of Arc... if she doesn't die screaming as she burns at the stake, I ain't interested.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Honestly? They took the original story, kept it fully intact and yet, changed enough to make it a fantastic game that goes well beyond the "stake" scene, but yes, it's in there.

Spoiler = Said scene.

Espy

Espy

Finished Uncharted 2. Very good game.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I felt Gasbandit had the right idea about Borderlands, so my fiance and I are two-manning our way it.

Kitty Sinatra

I picked up a copy of Splinter Cell: Double Agent last week for 5 bucks. I'm having a heck of a time sneaking past anyone . . . on the first level.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Not that I'm playing it again at the moment, but I decided at random to check Warhammer Online's servers... down to seven in North America. I wonder how populated they are. I'd think the game would be much better now with less servers and more people to make the PVP worthwhile.

Cog

Cog

Yeah, that game does that. How far along have you made it?[/QUOTE]

Just finished the Catedral Ship. Any advise on equipment for the A.G.W.S.?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Yeah, that game does that. How far along have you made it?[/QUOTE]

Just finished the Catedral Ship. Any advise on equipment for the A.G.W.S.?[/QUOTE]

You generally want to use stuff that lets you use W-Weapon (or whatever the dual attack is) and/or has Beam element. But really... if you start pumping your stats with Tech points, you'll quickly reach a point where AGWS become weaker than just doing it on foot.

Andi

Drachenherz

Just finished playing Assassins Creed II. I completed it. Got every frikkin feather and the 1000 GS... My first game ever on the box that I finished completely.

Now, I'm at Mass Effect part I. Oh my god, this game is just incredible! The Story and the Atmosphere are otherworldish!

Besides ME, I also play a little bit "The Saboteur" and "Prince of Persia" on the Box.

And "Beneath a steel sky" on the iPhone.

Jup, that's right. I'm playing waaaaaaaaay too much atm, as you can see by my abstinence in the forums the last weeks/months... ^^

Edit: I forgot to mention Forza 3 on the box...

Maybe my new 47" Philips TV with ambilight has something to do with my newly awakend urge to play as much as possible... ^^

@Li3n

@Li3n

Jup, that's right. I'm playing waaaaaaaaay too much atm, as you can see by my abstinence in the forums the last weeks/months... ^^
Colour me envious...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Just started playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. Beautiful game, but it's also the first game in a while I haven't been able to run smoothly at 1920x1080. I've had to drop back to 1280x720 to get smooth frame-rates, but that's okay, it still looks great.

It always takes me a while to get used to a new control scheme, so I'm not feeling very much like Batman yet, but I'm getting there. Though it was kind of hilarious when I was first trying to figure out how to run. Batman kept dive rolling down the hallways until I realized it was my controller's fault. For some reason whenever my computer wakes up from sleep my controller buttons go wonky and won't send a steady signal. Holding one down is like it's on rapid fire.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Finished Jeanne D'Arc. Phenomenal game from beginning to end.

I actually ended up getting Star Ocean: First Departure as I loved "Second Story" back on my PSX. So far I'm AMAZED at the beauty and "old school" feeling this game has on the PSP, as well as the over 15mins of anime cutscenes I've seen (in the first hour of playing it).

TwoBit

Been playing House of the Dead: Overkill. While I'm not a big fan of rail shooters, it is a fun diversion. For a while. The dual wielding mode is kinda fun.

Null

Null

I actually ended up getting Star Ocean: First Departure as I loved "Second Story" back on my PSX. So far I'm AMAZED at the beauty and "old school" feeling this game has on the PSP, as well as the over 15mins of anime cutscenes I've seen (in the first hour of playing it).
Star Ocean: Second Story is one of my favorite games from the Playstation. The voice acting was a little wonky, but it was a solidly fun game and it looked great. I just accidentally activated the "bonus dungeon" before getting to the last boss, so he took like a huge jump in difficulty...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Star Ocean: Second Story is one of my favorite games from the Playstation. The voice acting was a little wonky, but it was a solidly fun game and it looked great. I just accidentally activated the "bonus dungeon" before getting to the last boss, so he took like a huge jump in difficulty...[/QUOTE]

You reminded me of one point of aggravation I had with that awesome game. I did the whole Cave of Trials, got the Silver Trumpet, and then couldn't summon the super-boss. I wanted to complete everything in that game, and then thought it was glitch. I've since sold the game and the memory card is gone...

You reminded me so I went searching... You had to have a character with Music talents up?!! Damnit, that's so simple and obvious, and yet I never got to fight her with my awesomed party just to see if I'd win, and now I never will.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Ha! When Batman sprays the explosive gel on a surface he lays it out in a bat-symbol. That is awesome! The little touches in this game are cool.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I caved and bought Ocarina of Time on VC.

However! I am close to beating RE5 and Eternal Darkness, so I can justify it.

Speaking of Eternal Darkness, we picked this up after Spoony's glowing review on Halloween, and it's honestly lived up to everything he said about it and more. I can't believe I didn't get this back when it came out for Gamecube, but I'm dearly enjoying now in all its greatness.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I caved and bought Ocarina of Time on VC.

However! I am close to beating RE5 and Eternal Darkness, so I can justify it.

Speaking of Eternal Darkness, we picked this up after Spoony's glowing review on Halloween, and it's honestly lived up to everything he said about it and more. I can't believe I didn't get this back when it came out for Gamecube, but I'm dearly enjoying now in all its greatness.
Silicon Knights are supposed to be working on a sequel as their project after the one they are currently working on. Supposedly it's supposed to be done sometime in 2012 (or they'll be starting it then. Can't remember which.)

figmentPez

figmentPez

I am really loving Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's not perfect, and as the game goes on I'm becoming slightly more annoyed with the color palettes used, but there are enough awesome points to make up for it. The Line Launcher tool is one of the latest bits of awesome I've come across, so much fun to zip around with that.

Another bit of awesome, with the Scarecrow bits:

I honestly thought my game had crashed at the start of the third Scarecrow sequence. I was sitting there annoyed that I'd have to restart the game, and beginning to wonder if something had overheated, when the game picked up again.

Those are some of the best sequences in the game, even though the actual gameplay isn't that amazing.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Currently playing Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans on the DS. The game takes place between just before the start of the 24th Annual World Martial Arts Tournament (where Goku fought Piccolo Jr. the first time) and the defeat of Vegeta on Earth. It's a surprisingly fun little RPG, considering the source material, though they've added the equivalent of filler episodes to the game to pad it out a bit (though one of these deals with what happened to Launch, so it's not all bad.)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Sometimes, even good games can piss me off with stupid, inane shit.

I get stuck in Zelda games sometimes, and usually after an hour of fucking around, I look it up online and discover it was some easy, simple thing I didn't think of, or something I didn't know I could do.

This time, I was at the maze part before the temple on the Goron island, and I got stuck. Messed around awhile, noticed the Bombchu hole, couldn't get them without the bag, messed around some more, finally decided I'd look it up when I got home. How the HELL am I supposed to know I have to bomb the marks on the ground? Granted, I did notice them and had dug some holes, but there wasn't even a hint anywhere that they mattered for the maze.

It's worse when you're in places like the Ocean Palace and there's essentially a time limit on your messing around to figure out what to do.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Considering the STEAM sale, I'm going to be going nuts with new games.

However, I just finished Star Ocean and have moved on to my recently purchased Metroid Prime Trilogy and that's going to OWN me for a few weeks.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I've started replaying Half-Life 2, with the Cinematic Mod. It makes the game much prettier (and at a nearly 10 gig download, I would hope so!), with better textures and engine upgrades. Though I'm not a big fan of some of the new faces. Barney looks like a buck toothed hillbilly. Also, Alyx's boobs now bounce, which is both cool yet highly inappropriate. But still cool.

There are also some gameplay changes. Headshots are pretty much required to take down Combine soldiers, unless you want to spend a whole clip on every enemy. Also, explosions are now much more powerful. This means your grenades are now much more effective, but at the same time enemy explosions hurt a lot more. The difference is very apparent in levels like the airboat pursuit; in the vanilla game you could get hit by a bunch of missiles and mines, and just heal off the damage later. Now you get WTFPWNED by a handful of mines, so you have to dodge a lot better.

EDIT: Also, going back to HL2 after playing L4D2 presents an interesting challenge. I now reflexively right click whenever I'm surrounded by enemies. More than once I've been surrounded by antlions while wielding my submachinegun, and right clicked - which fires a grenade from the attached grenade launcher. Explosions, as I've mentioned, are very powerful now. Load last save.

JCM

PSP this year has made me forget the DS more than I ever thought I would, and although I dont buy many games for the PS3 as Im trying to build up a blu-ray movie library (and damn br here is expensive!)-

LittleBigPlanet is damn cute, and the PSP version great for trips, heck I got myself a 16gb card just to fill it with custom levels.

Tekken6 for both PS3 and PS3, grew up playing Tekken so its pretty much like visiting an old friend

Lego Indiana Jones 2 multiplayer on the DS with Luiza, she is crazy about Lego games (Star wars/Indy/Batman) and the DS version is superior to others as it allows each player to explore the levels in separate directions, which also lead to us both running crazily after lego studs and hoping that "this way" has more, just hope Leo Harry Potter comes out fast enough.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Oh my, I think I've been playing a bit to much of Psychonauts. I saw figments floating around when I closed my eyes to go to sleep last night.

Also playing: Final Fantasy IV DS, and finishing up the challenges in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Hylian

Hylian

I was playing Dragon Age but my 360 has to go in for repairs. But to hold me over I just bought Metal gear Solid 4 to play :)

bhamv3

bhamv3

I got Dead Space from the Steam sale, played sixteen minutes of it, and had to quit because I was too scared.

I'm such a pansy. :(

Null

Null

I was playing Dragon Age but my 360 has to go in for repairs. But to hold me over I just bought Metal gear Solid 4 to play :)
I'm sorry to hear that. Well, at least by the time the cutscenes for the first level are over, your 360 will be fixed.

Shannow

Shannow

WoW, Dragon Age, Madden 2010, Fight Night Round 4, CoD MW2, Borderlands. Though they are all just on and off at times.

Going to pick up a used psp in the next week or so and mod it, and start playing that on my weekend NYC bus trips.

Kitty Sinatra

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, at least by the time the cutscenes for the first level are over, your 360 will be fixed.[/QUOTE]

I laughed.

General Specific

General Specific

I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2 right now. It provided me a great laugh as well. It was at the part I met my uncle, when asked who he was, he loudly proclaimed, "IT'S-A ME! MARIO!"

By far, my favorite part of the game is using the maul to counter attacks. Hearing that "crunch" as it crushes a guard's spine is always satisfying.

I just wish I could kill the damn bards. You can't push them out of the way, you can't walk around them very quickly, and they are incessant. [Insert Preferred Deity here] help you if there are multiple after you. First game it was beggars and now it's bards. Why do they have to have some random NPCs constantly jumping into your path? What point does that serve?

Zappit

Zappit

Got Heroes of Might and Magic for the DS, and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Kitty Sinatra

Started playing Force Unleashed today. Damn camera and targeting are annoying but it's been fun so far (aside from a frustrating part where I kept falling down a chasm)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Too many unfinished games... and then I wallow in multiplayer instead of finishing them. Julie and I have PSPs with Final Fantasy Tactics and Dissidia, which means for awesome combat!

David

David

Picked up Assassin's Creed for PS3 today and... good god, what is this whole sci-fi backstory crap? I was promised a Renaissance-era game and get told right off that the entire game is basically a dream-sequence of the past? Using magical memory-retrieving devices from the future? My suspension of disbelief is... unsuspended. :angry:

Seriously though, fun game so far... just off-putting at first that it doesn't seem to be what was advertised. I'm hoping it will make more sense as the story progresses.

Kitty Sinatra

It's just a conceit used to explain the loading screens, saving the game, restarting missions that you fail, or reloading when you die. Other than a few visual flourishes when you lock onto an enemy, grab a flag and the gps thing, the game itself seems to ignore the sci-fi wrapping (though I haven't finished it so I have no idea if it comes up at the end).

Call it an attempt by the creators to do something creative/artistic with the game. I think it kinda works, but I also think it was unnecessary.

Jake

Jake

Wii Sports Resort and Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

Motherfucking hardcore, yo.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I finished Dead Space.

I will never sleep again.

Cog

Cog

I quit Xenosaga episode I. I'm going to watch the anime for the story and then play episode II.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Age of Mythology again. Oh how I love that game.

Dave

Dave

The arcade games. Some are addicting. Some are dumb. Some are both.

b.glad

I've been playing tonssssss of Dragon Age: Origins lately. I am currently visiting my parents and only brought a 360 (mine's busted, but Charlie Don't Surf is letting be borrow his while he's out of the state) and a few of my games, so I was worried I would be limited in my selection, but I've only played Dragon Age and one session of Beatles Rock Band. I can't get at my DLC in any games because I don't have the means to connect the 360 up to the internet. :(

I've also been playing Lord of the Rings Online while down here as well, when I can't be upstairs playing my 360 and have to be downstairs socializing with my parents and relatives. I've got my hobbit hunter character up to level 36! :awesome:

In more general terms, though, I've been playing Dragon Age, Beatles Rock Band, and Fallout 3 lately. I am also planning to start up a new Mass Effect character before ME2 comes out soon. :)

Dave

Dave

I've been playing tonssssss of Dragon Age: Origins lately. I am currently visiting my parents and only brought a 360 (mine's busted, but Charlie Don't Surf is letting be borrow his while he's out of the state) and a few of my games, so I was worried I would be limited in my selection, but I've only played Dragon Age and one session of Beatles Rock Band. I can't get at my DLC in any games because I don't have the means to connect the 360 up to the internet. :(

I've also been playing Lord of the Rings Online while down here as well, when I can't be upstairs playing my 360 and have to be downstairs socializing with my parents and relatives. I've got my hobbit hunter character up to level 36! :awesome:

In more general terms, though, I've been playing Dragon Age, Beatles Rock Band, and Fallout 3 lately. I am also planning to start up a new Mass Effect character before ME2 comes out soon. :)
Welcome! You have some good taste in games!

b.glad

Welcome! You have some good taste in games!
Awww thank you! And what can I say? I'm just :toocool:.

JCM

On Assasin's Creed, its how they managed to explain away stuff like loading screen and off-limit areas, I mean its kinda dumb to have a character in COD with a bazooka who can blast open a simple locked door.

The first Assassin's Creed had a better story which made the whole "memory units" thing plausible, but sadly Assassin's Creed 3 dropped the ball there. Not that it mattered, because it was the game that gave me the best laugh in years-
Your cousin Mario- Its-a me! Mario!

Too many unfinished games... and then I wallow in multiplayer instead of finishing them. Julie and I have PSPs with Final Fantasy Tactics and Dissidia, which means for awesome combat!
Two words for great gaming (and finishing games) with a gal.

Lego games. (although only Lego Star Wars the original trilogy and Indy 2 have multiplayer in the PSP, so me and Luiza finished them them (SW:The complete saga/Batman/Indy 1&2) on the DS instead.

Alucard

Right now playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer until AvP comes out and ModNation Racers. Can't wait

figmentPez

figmentPez

Final Fantasy IV DS is not FFIV. The game mechanics are all different, and I don't mean just bug fixes and stuff added back in that had been taken out for the American "Final Fantasy II" release. I mean there are significant differences in how much damage characters are doing to certain enemies. The Final Fantasy IV Advance was like "FF2" all fixed-up and proper, plus some fun stuff tacked-on at the end. This is almost like a different game following the same plot. I'm torn. On one hand I'm enjoying the expanded cut scenes as well as some of the menu system tweaks (like being able to replace fight with Fire Rod and such), but I prefer the old bitmap graphics and some of the battle changes don't seem to be for the better. Oh well, I'll play it through once for the extra dialog and voice acting, and see how I feel after that.

Also playing Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. I'm not terribly fond of the control scheme, but I've been playing with a 360 controller to see how that works, maybe I'll try mouse and keyboard. "Fright of the Bumblebees" and "The Last Resort" were both fun, though they feel a bit short for just four games in the season. Also the graphics aren't bad, but they're far from the claymation graphics I've been hoping for. I'm wondering when we'll see a game that really captures the look of stop-motion / claymation as well as, say, Wind Waker managed to do cel shading. I'm not even sure it's possible this generation of hardware, let alone for a downloadable title, so I'm not knocking Telltale Games efforts at copying Wallace & Gromit, but I think it has potential to be awesome when it happens.

And my internet connection seems to finally be fixed, so I"ll be able to play L4D2 online again.

JCM

Final Fantasy IV DS is not FFIV. The game mechanics are all different, and I don't mean just bug fixes and stuff added back in that had been taken out for the American "Final Fantasy II" release. I mean there are significant differences in how much damage characters are doing to certain enemies. The Final Fantasy IV Advance was like "FF2" all fixed-up and proper, plus some fun stuff tacked-on at the end. This is almost like a different game following the same plot. I'm torn. On one hand I'm enjoying the expanded cut scenes as well as some of the menu system tweaks (like being able to replace fight with Fire Rod and such), but I prefer the old bitmap graphics and some of the battle changes don't seem to be for the better. Oh well, I'll play it through once for the extra dialog and voice acting, and see how I feel after that.

Also playing Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. I'm not terribly fond of the control scheme, but I've been playing with a 360 controller to see how that works, maybe I'll try mouse and keyboard. "Fright of the Bumblebees" and "The Last Resort" were both fun, though they feel a bit short for just four games in the season. Also the graphics aren't bad, but they're far from the claymation graphics I've been hoping for. I'm wondering when we'll see a game that really captures the look of stop-motion / claymation as well as, say, Wind Waker managed to do cel shading. I'm not even sure it's possible this generation of hardware, let alone for a downloadable title, so I'm not knocking Telltale Games efforts at copying Wallace & Gromit, but I think it has potential to be awesome when it happens.

And my internet connection seems to finally be fixed, so I"ll be able to play L4D2 online again.
That pretty much describes every FF/Dragonquest game localization and remake.

However, after playing the DS FFIII, FFIV seemed kind of a step backward, with barren landscapes in the battle screens and confusing mixture of FMV and movies with the midget characters.... maybe its because I grew up with FFIV.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I dunno, I grew up on FFIV, it's my favorite "numbered" Final Fantasy and I loved FFIV DS.

Alex B.

I've finally entered the 21st century and grabbed a PS3 (my last game system being a Dreamcast).

Nothing fancy, but I've been having a blast playing Lego Batman with the wife, some Ultimate Alliance 2, and lots of Rock Band 2. I got Ghostbusters for Christmas but haven't cracked into it yet. Oh, and a little Soul Calibur 4, simply because it's ridiculous.

I checked out the Batman: Arkham Asylum demo and it's pretty amazing, so eventually when it's a reasonable price I'll probably get that. I wish they'd put that much work into some other superhero games. The Valkyrie Chronicles demo was pretty cool, too.

Mostly I'm all about the Rock Band. Even when it's just me I have so much fun.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I dunno, I grew up on FFIV, it's my favorite "numbered" Final Fantasy and I loved FFIV DS.
Yeah, the remake is fine. It adds lots of stuff to the original game, most of which is actually welcome. The only thing I don't like is Wyte, the Eidolon. You have to do mini-games to raise his stats. Now some of these are fun and easy (like Cecil and Kain's... I have already maxed the score on those) but Rydia's is crazy hard unless you can memorize every fact family between 1 and 10. Making it timed was asinine.

Chibibar

I am playing Fallout 3 again. I never really finish the MAIN quests. I did however, finish a tons of side quests :)

Fun Size

Fun Size

I'm playing Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters at the moment. Before the month is out, I'll finally get to start a Silent Hill game. What would the group recommend I start with: Origins or Shattered Memories? PSP only.

Cog

Cog

The original is the best and I think you can play psx games on your psp.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I have a standard PSP, so unless they've put it on a UMD for purchase, I'm out.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'm playing Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters at the moment. Before the month is out, I'll finally get to start a Silent Hill game. What would the group recommend I start with: Origins or Shattered Memories? PSP only.
Honestly, neither of those are the SH games I'd recommend you be playing. Origins suffers because it has too much combat and the story isn't strong, while Shattered Memories suffers because it has NO combat, only annoying running sections that are intuitive at all. Get Obscure PSP 1 or 2 instead. They follow the survival horror game formula much closer.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Darksiders is like God of War, Devil May Cry, and The Legend of Zelda all had a baby. A baby brought to life by a comic book artist.

That's all I'm going to say about it. *goes back to play*

Bowielee

Bowielee

Seeing as I'm unemployed again, I've been diving back into my back catalogue of PS3/PC games I never finished. I'm just finishing up Resistance: Fall of Man... yes, the FIRST one. I'm very far behind. After that one, I think I'll finally finish Dead Space, Then Metal Gear Solid 4.

Zumbo Prime

I finished Dead Space.

It really isn't that scary, lul. But Epic Tier 3 Engineer FTW.

You can see the games I've been playing in my sig, but here's my favourites:
Modern Warfare 2
Gears of War 2(yes, I know I'm late to the party)
Dead Space
Soon to be Mass Effect 2

bhamv3

bhamv3

I finished Dead Space.

It really isn't that scary, lul. But Epic Tier 3 Engineer FTW.
[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge wimp though. I went through the entire game with my gun held out in front of me, despite the drop in speed and mobility. Who cares if I have to crawl all the way to the exit, I'm shooting me some Necromorphs!

RealBigNuke

I just played a little Bayonetta. Probably going to be the first game that I've ever dropped less than two hours in despite loving the gameplay. It's so ugly, tasteless, and incoherent that it hurts. Also the main character is probably about 12 heads tall, holy fuck.

JCM

Downloaded games work with normal PSP
Honestly, neither of those are the SH games I'd recommend you be playing. Origins suffers because it has too much combat and the story isn't strong, while Shattered Memories suffers because it has NO combat, only annoying running sections that are intuitive at all. Get Obscure PSP 1 or 2 instead. They follow the survival horror game formula much closer.[/QUOTE]I disagree on Shattered memories, the Wii version. Its the best survival horror game experience, unlike other horror games, where you are a fucking rambo shooting stuff, it brings horror back to the Alone in the Dark puzzles and learning stuff, the psychological mindfuck from Parasite eve to the clock Tower "OMG ITS GONNA FUCKING KILL ME!" feeling.

Maybe I grew up with survival horror before it became shoot-em-ups, but then it will depend on one's taste, if one prefers RE4 and Dead space one will hate it, but if one prefers Clock Tower and Fatal-Frame-style of horror one will love it.

Really, its the best Silent Hill game since Silent Hill 2. Now the PSP version isnt out yet, but if it retains the story, its good enough for me.

Origins is pretty much like Dead Space or RE4, its a shooter with a horror theme and bad camera controls, but its not that bad, and it had some good moments. Now if you have a friend with a PSP, play Obscure the aftermath, its a corny teenage horror game but fun in co-op. Single-player sucks though.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Thanks for the tips, but now I'm confused. Is there a way to dowload and play the other SH games legally on an unbroken PSP? I've always wanted to play 2, but only have time to play games on the portable.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Maybe I grew up with survival horror before it became shoot-em-ups, but then it will depend on one's taste, if one prefers RE4 and Dead space one will hate it, but if one prefers Clock Tower and Fatal-Frame-style of horror one will love it.

Really, its the best Silent Hill game since Silent Hill 2. Now the PSP version isnt out yet, but if it retains the story, its good enough for me.
But that's the thing... I'd have preferred it to be more like Clocktower too. But it's not even that, it's just running in circles until you find the exit, then your safe. Had they given more options for self defense ala Clocktower (as in more one use items and location specific stuns) it might have been more fun, but the great thing about Clocktower was that you were never safe even if you stunned the guy chasing you. In SM, you know that the moment the ice melts that you can basically dick around all you want. There is no suspense ether, as you can always guess when the world is going back to Ice and when it's going to unthaw. It is literally telegraphed every time it happens.

Origins is pretty much like Dead Space or RE4, its a shooter with a horror theme and bad camera controls, but its not that bad, and it had some good moments. Now if you have a friend with a PSP, play Obscure the aftermath, its a corny teenage horror game but fun in co-op. Single-player sucks though.
Origins is less a shooter and more a "throw jars/tvs/filing cabinets at enemies and run past them" game. Monsters respawn, but weapons do not, so there really isn't any reason to waste bullets on anything that's not a boss. I do recommend Obscure: The Aftermath too though. It's probably the closest recreation of 90's horror flicks we'll ever get and it does have some fun and cool moments. Kinda surprising for a French dev team to make a game based on American Horror movies.

Thanks for the tips, but now I'm confused. Is there a way to dowload and play the other SH games legally on an unbroken PSP? I've always wanted to play 2, but only have time to play games on the portable.
No, there is no LEGAL way to do it. The only Silent Hill games you can get for PSP legally are Origins, Shattered Memories, and the Comic book compilation and bonus material thing they released a few years back.

JCM

Guess I was so glad that it wasnt another SH:The room/Homecoming or and I liked the whole psychologist angle.
Anyway in Orgins, I just ran around most monsters.
The PSP can only play PS1 games, or PSP games.

Which means its only Silent Hill1, Origin, Shattered Memories and the graphic novels.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Lotro in spare minutes, L4D2 and TF2 still dominate my online time. I finished Mirror's Edge (loved it) and not sure I mentioned beating Star Ocean: First Departure. I'm currently on Persona USA PSP remake and I'm loving the nostalgic feeling it's giving me. (This is the remake I've been waiting for almost as much as Lunar).

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Beat Eternal Darkness yesterday. That was an incredible game and I'm very glad Spoony had recommended it back in October.

Nearly finished with Zelda: Phantom Hourglass so I can hopefully move onto Spirit Tracks soon. Just one more temple and then I probably have to go back in to the Ocean Palace (blargh).

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

SH: The Room was fine, considering it was actually never supposed to be connected to the Silent Hill series when it was first being made. Had they stuck to their original ideas, the game probably would have been much better received. As it is, the feeling of isolation they give you is top notch and the idea of being forcefully locked up in your own apartment until you starve to death it legitimately frightening.

Homecoming would have been better received too, if it hadn't been a Silent Hill game. It's emphasis on action (and the god damn knife, which made every battle simple as hell) kinda killed the mood, though it did make sense in context. However, the moment they started throwing in HUMANS as normal enemies to fight it stopped being Silent Hill by any tangent. The only reason Eddie (SH2) and Walter (SH4) worked as enemies is because they were anomalies in an otherwise nightmarish town. It doesn't work when you have mooks with pipes coming after you.

JCM

Slapping the name of a franchise upon a game that is diferent is an easy way to destroy it.

Thats why Im grateful the "NEW extreme Resident Evil game" was renamed Devil May Cry by Capcom. But then they did make the RE:Outbreak/Gun Survivor games.
Lotro in spare minutes, L4D2 and TF2 still dominate my online time. I finished Mirror's Edge (loved it) and not sure I mentioned beating Star Ocean: First Departure. I'm currently on Persona USA PSP remake and I'm loving the nostalgic feeling it's giving me. (This is the remake I've been waiting for almost as much as Lunar).
I love the Shin Megami series and have Shin Megami tensei:Strange Journey on pre-oerder.

If you ever get a hold of a DS/DS emulator, do try Devil Survivor.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I've got a DS but never played any of the Devil Survivor series.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I "think" it's more like the strategy based Persona games (I.E. Before Persona 3), but I never played those so I can't be sure. It's actually part of the Persona series in Japan, oddly enough. In any case, here's a video.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Woah, wait. It's "Persona" with a Final Fantasy Tactics style gameplay (sorta) ???

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Woah, wait. It's "Persona" with a Final Fantasy Tactics style gameplay (sorta) ???
Apparently. I know it has multiple endings too, depending on which characters you have and which you save during the game. It looks good, but I don't have the cash for it right now.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Question is, is it a remake of pt1 or is it like part 6 of a series?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Let me make this clear: Even though it shares the Persona titling scheme in Japan, it is NOT part of the Persona series as you know it. It only shares that title because Persona is more popular in Japan and they wanted to sell more copies. It's a stand alone story, which is why they switched to the Shin Megami titling scheme for the US. It actually has more to do with the old Shin Megami games.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So is it a series?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's not a series -yet-, but knowing Atlus, that will soon change.

JCM

Its already a sequel from a GBA game.
Let me make this clear: Even though it shares the Persona titling scheme in Japan, it is NOT part of the Persona series as you know it. It only shares that title because Persona is more popular in Japan and they wanted to sell more copies. It's a stand alone story, which is why they switched to the Shin Megami titling scheme for the US. It actually has more to do with the old Shin Megami games.[/QUOTE]The Shin Megami Tensei is ala Final Fantasy, more than just the core game.

The Shin Megami Tensei was a NES game that had a sequel.
Then they made Shin Megami Tensei for the SNES which ended with III: Notrune for the PS2, and will continue with the DS as Strange Journey.
Persona was an off-shoot, which had less RPGing and more adventuring/dating sim.
Devil Survivor started off as the Devil Children.
The battlegrounds work like FFtactics, but when a character fights, it becomes ala DragonQuest, you see the monters in first person, and you fight him with that character and 2 monsters.

Theres also the usual mixing of demons to get stronger demons, and it plays out like an adventure story that every answer and decision influences who you will have in your party, demons accessible to you, and the ending paths.

Its kinda nice, as Shin Megami is pure Jap RPG like Dragonquest. Devil Survivor is like an adventure story with FFTactics. Persona is more like a high school simulator (+ Demons) with a great RPG engine.

General Specific

General Specific

So, I finished Assassin's Creed 2. Ran around Italy and found all the feathers, even got all the achievements.

So, I went back for another run through Dragon Age. I went to Orzammar fairly early this time hoping to get Oghren in my group quickly. However, I wanted to see what would happen if I tried t ocomplete both sides of the King quest there. The answer is that both sides found out what I was doing before I had even completed the first steps for either side and now both will not talk to me anymore and I can't progress that quest. Which means I can't complete Orzammar at all and I have to start a new character. I had saved before doing that, but it seems in my haste to get battles done and such, I had accidentally saved over that spot. I've been to the official forums and seen a number of people complaining about the same thing, so hopefully Bioware will add a little end-around fix for that somehow. Thankfully, I haven't been playing that character very long and so I'm not really losing much work starting over.

Olorin

I recently finished Klonoa, which was a good little Kirby-esqe platformer. A bit too short in my opinion, but it's a cheap game, so that evens out.

Yesterday I downloaded Tomena Sanner, a crazy little Wiiware game where you play a Japanese businessman who's running all over the place, performing sleek dance moves, kicking anthropomorphic giraffes in the face and riding dinosaurs. Lots of fun for only 500 points, and it includes offline multiplayer and online leaderboards.

Right now, I'm trying to get into de Blob, but it's not quite doing it for me yet.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Dissidia: Final Fantasy...

Good gods, Chaos is such a cheap bitch! I've been treating this as a fighting game through most of it, and spent over an hour trying to beat him solely on skill, but it just wasn't happening. I only got to phase 3 ONCE, although eventually I was doing better juggling him and such through phase 1. Some of his attacks seem completely undodgable.

Eventually I had to admit I was not going to beat him as-is, and had to go... level up my character. I shouldn't have to do this in a fighting game, Final Fantasy or not. It's degrading.

And my thumbs hurt. I've been playing PC games for so many years that they've lost the edge they once had from hours and hours on the Playstation.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Something I find odd about Dissidia and the Final Fantasy universe in general is how 99% of the "Good Guy Main Characters" are melee and 99% of the "Bad Guy Main Villains" are magic users. :bush:

YAOMTC

Something I find odd about Dissidia and the Final Fantasy universe in general is how 99% of the \"Good Guy Main Characters\" are melee and 99% of the \"Bad Guy Main Villains\" are magic users. :bush:
Come to think of it, that seems to be true in a lot of games... Link is primarily melee, Ganondorf mainly uses magic. Crono is melee, and Magus (your main enemy through much of the game) mostly uses magic. Ness uses a bat mostly (at least when he wants to conserve PP) and you cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack.

As for me, I'm currrently playing Torchlight, Metal Gear Solid 2, Animal Crossing, and Mr. Robot, a fun platformer/RPG/puzzle game where you play as a robot and try to save the cryo-sleeping humans aboard a large spacecraft.

Zumbo Prime

I'm playing Mass Effect again. Need to get some game data on my new hard drive before ME2 comes out.

JCM

Good gods, Chaos is such a cheap bitch! I've been treating this as a fighting game through most of it, and spent over an hour trying to beat him solely on skill, but it just wasn't happening. I only got to phase 3 ONCE, although eventually I was doing better juggling him and such through phase 1. Some of his attacks seem completely undodgable.

Eventually I had to admit I was not going to beat him as-is, and had to go... level up my character. I shouldn't have to do this in a fighting game, Final Fantasy or not. It's degrading.

And my thumbs hurt. I've been playing PC games for so many years that they've lost the edge they once had from hours and hours on the Playstation.
Its the reason why I dropped Dissidia.

Its just a Jap RPG system with a fighting game exterior, whoch means to beat the boss, you'll have to level grind, in this case, finish the character's solo levels more than once.

After going through Squall's and Cloud's levels thrice, getting 100% n each, I was still caught in some of his cheap unblockable attacks and died, so its back to Soul Calibur and Tekken.

EDIT:How the $%$#@ hell did Guitar Hero: Van Halen ever get made?
1)What are these shitty emo/pop rock bands doing in a Van Halen game?

2)Why cant they get a career mode that tells the story of the band ala GH:Aerosmith, GH:Metallica or RB:Beatles?

3)Why the hell should one start with Halen's kid at bass, when for three decades they've had Michael Anthony, and why cant the game start with classic Halen?

4)Half their stuff is missing (not forgetting the fact that Haggar-Halen hit number 1 several times, Lee-Halen never accomplished that, why cant I fucking play "Human Beings"?)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Its the reason why I dropped Dissidia.

Its just a Jap RPG system with a fighting game exterior, whoch means to beat the boss, you'll have to level grind, in this case, finish the character's solo levels more than once.

After going through Squall's and Cloud's levels thrice, getting 100% n each, I was still caught in some of his cheap unblockable attacks and died, so its back to Soul Calibur and Tekken.
[/QUOTE]

I don't wanna drop it because it is a fun game, but that's honestly why Chaos is pissing me off so much. Not only is he preventing me from unlocking new modes, he's making the game not fun. Every other battle I've had a problem with, I've been able to deal with as a matter of skill. They were extremely challenging, but I knew I was fucking up and could do it. Sephiroth took a long time and many retries to beat in Shade Impulse, but I still did it and I never thought he was being cheap. The game was still fun.

Chaos is just a cheating bitch. I'm lucky I'm doing it as Zidane so I can be a cheap aerial mother fucker in return, but that Divine Punishment is bullshit. Even the game itself admits it! Selphie says "Oh, well, there's no way to avoid this, and you're done for. So just try to beat him before he does it." Except he spams that shit.

Eventually I'll get him and the game can become fun again (actually, even level-grinding is more fun than fighting him)... It's just fucking frustrating.

Edit: I GOT THE MOTHER FUCKER! YEAH!

He even did that cheap turning giant and throwing the giant energy swords at the battlefield bullshit, and my Phoenix Down saved me. Broke his brave, Meteo Twister, ZAP!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Nicely done escushion!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

At what point did fighting game people decide that the final boss should be cheap to the point of being completely unfun?

Having to beat fucking Seth over and over and over and over in order to unlock characters in SF4 comes to mind. Beating him with Dhalsim (my weakest character and as I learned a feat the cost me a controller) was the single most tedious experience of my life. That shit isn't fun. I don't want to play single player 1100 times in order to get all the fucking characters so my friends and I can have a good time with it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Seth has nothing on KoF 99 Krizalid. So yeah, bitch ass final bosses have been around a while.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Seth has nothing on KoF 99 Krizalid. So yeah, bitch ass final bosses have been around a while.
Yeah, you can basically blame SNK for the cheating bosses. I think it started with Rugal though...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Most of the KoF bosses were cheap, but beatable. Krizalid however.... *shudder*

Wahad

Wahad

Reinstalled Morrowind for a bout of nostalgia.

It still amazes me how this game can look so good (given, with the help of a bunch of mods) after 7 years.

Jay

Jay

It still amazes me how this game can look so good (given, with the help of a bunch of mods) after 7 years.
oooh, which mods?

Gusto

Gusto

I WILL FINALLY BEAT GTA 4

THIS I SWEAR

Cajungal

Cajungal

I played non-demo L4D2 last night for the very first time. I'm so bad at it; Jake had to get on too so I'd quit dying all the time.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I WILL FINALLY BEAT GTA 4

THIS I SWEAR
You can do it!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Playing a playthrough of Mass Effect for the carry over to 2. PC version.

GARRUS' fucking head is still low res. It drives me nuts. Every other God damn Turian has amazing high res textures for their faces except Garrus who likes like mud. Fuck.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Really? Garrus looks fine to me in my PC version.

Wahad

Wahad

oooh, which mods?[/QUOTE]

Morrowind Code Patch Version 1.6
All of Connary's TexturePacks
Morrowind Patch 1.6.4
SWG's Skies v3 (also download and install the fix)
Vurt's Hi-res Skies and Weathers
Bloodmoon Female Armor Fix
Better Bodies v2.2
Slof's Better Beasts
Slof's Better Beasts Arm Fix
Better Heads v2
Better Clothes v1.1
Better Clothes Patch
Darknut's Better Clothes Textures Version 1
Canadian Ice's Robe Replacer Using NioLiv's Mesh
Better Daedric Armour
Ebony Armour Fixes
Azura Replacer - Replaces Azura Mesh to match Better Bodies
Psymon's Vivec God Replacer Creature Edition " Vivec Mesh " " " "
Almalexia Replacer II " Almalexia Mesh " " " "
Golden Saint Replacer " Golden Saint Mesh " " " "
Better Books
Bottle Replacer
Flask Replacer
Misc Items Replacer
Soul Gem Replacer Retex
Silverwear Enhancer
Sharpened Models Weapons Replacer

Optionally you can get Morrowind Graphics Extender, but even with just this it looks awesome.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man, this game is neat. I'm killin all these Boomers and Witches and such... like hotcakes.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Man, this game is neat. I'm killin all these Boomers and Witches and such... like hotcakes.
Just try it on Expert. Then you will grow to hate the game as much as we do...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Just try it on Expert. Then you will grow to hate the game as much as we do...[/QUOTE]

That's not the game's fault; that's the players.

L4D2 is also harder than original L4D. I could rock Expert on L4D.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Just try it on Expert. Then you will grow to hate the game as much as we do...[/QUOTE]

L4D2 is also harder than original L4D. I could rock Expert on L4D.[/QUOTE]

I never actually got a chance to do Expert stuff in L4D as I only got the game like a month before L4D2 came out. All I know is that Expert is crazy hard in L4D2 and that's it's nigh impossible to do without people you play a lot with.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm barely surviving on Easy. It's why I don't play with people online. Everyone would hate me.

Gusto

Gusto

FUCK YOU GTA 4 MISSIONS THAT I FORGET HOW TO PLAY

FUCK YOU GARRUS' MUD FACE

FUCK YOU SCHOOL I WANNA PLAY MORE VIDJA GAAAAAAAAAAMES

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm barely surviving on Easy. It's why I don't play with people online. Everyone would hate me.
The bots can be pretty stupid, they're definitely not helping you stay alive. I'd be glad to play on Easy with you. I don't care how bad people are, as long as they're not griefing. There is a world of difference between playing with bots and playing with a good team. Things are a lot more fun with human players, even if those human players aren't very good. In fact, one of the most enjoyable games I've had recently was with Shawnacy and two random newbies (at least they were new to the Hard Rain campaign). Shawnacy and I were pretty much carrying the team, on Normal, for the first half of the campaign, and we even had to use a defib while crossing the cane field, but all that tension (caused in part by my rookie mistakes) made for some great moments. It wasn't as good as some of the awesomeness in other games, but it was heaps better than any time I've had with bots.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I never play with bots because the game feels boring and pointless. I'd play Easy with you CG, and I wouldn't get bratty like the people you're worried about online. I think the HF community is pretty good-natured with that stuff.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aww y'all are nice. :) If I had L4D at my apartment I'd totally play with y'all. I'll tell Jake you guys are on, though.

@Li3n

@Li3n

L4D2 is also harder than original L4D. I could rock Expert on L4D.[/QUOTE]

I never actually got a chance to do Expert stuff in L4D as I only got the game like a month before L4D2 came out. All I know is that Expert is crazy hard in L4D2 and that's it's nigh impossible to do without people you play a lot with.[/QUOTE]

Expert might be easier in L4D1 but you'd still hate it because the main cause of death is overwhelmingly friendly fire.

Jay

Jay

Dragon Warrior 8. Everyone looks like a Super Saiyan but damn does that game rock... LVL 13 in one sitting! wooo

Cajungal

Cajungal

Just "looks like," not "acts like," correct? So you get to do more than just stand there grunting, supposedly trying to pass some epic stone?

Seriously though, glad you're having fun. :)

Bowielee

Bowielee

I should get back to Dragon Warrior 8. I've had it for ages, but never finished it.

The reason that everyone looks like DBZ characters is because the character designer is the same guy who created DBZ.

Jay

Jay

I figured as much. Not that it's an issue. Fantastic voice acting and the music is awesome. Well done game thus far!

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah, I don't know why I ever stopped playing it. I'm very early in, I just bet the sea monster attacking the boat. I should hook my PS2 back up and finish that game and GoW 2.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Just "looks like," not "acts like," correct? So you get to do more than just stand there grunting, supposedly trying to pass some epic stone?

Seriously though, glad you're having fun. :)
If you spend a few turns gathering "Tension" (which increases the amount of damage/healing you do for one attack massively) to the max level, everyone turns purplish and has the firey glow around them like in DBZ. In the US version, the Hero even gets Saiyan spikey hair when he's maxed!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Bayonetta. Probably among the craziest action games I've played. Oh and Dragon Age: Origins.

General Specific

General Specific

I got the demo for Bayonetta and dear god, I had no idea what was going on in most of the battles. My eyes and brain just don't process information that fast, I guess. I just started hitting buttons as fast as I could and seemed to do ok, but could never tell when I was attacking, when they were attacking, when I took damage, etc. It all just blurred together.

fade

fade

My son got Ben 10 Protector of Earth for Christmas. I gotta say--it's a fun game in the classic side scroller style. It doesn't hurt that I kind of like the Ben 10 series.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I got the demo for Bayonetta and dear god, I had no idea what was going on in most of the battles. My eyes and brain just don't process information that fast, I guess. I just started hitting buttons as fast as I could and seemed to do ok, but could never tell when I was attacking, when they were attacking, when I took damage, etc. It all just blurred together.
I was a little overwhelmed at first, but I live for action games. So I adapted pretty quickly to all the colors and information on the screen. As I progress through the game, I'm constantly forced to create new tactics and techniques as using the same button mashing attacks will only get you so far.

When I play this, I get the same feeling I did when I first tried out DMC. It's a good 'un. :)

JCM

Fighting Fantasy 1 for the DS. Reminds me of Orcs and Elves, with a Metroid Prime FPS control scheme, and is pretty adictive.

Kitty Sinatra

Still Saints Row 2. Lots and lots of Saints Row 2. I can't stop playing the fucking game.

I might have to pick up GTA4 to continue on the rampage.

Oddbot

I got a PS3 for Christmas. First game I bought for it was Uncharted. Awesome game. Uncharted 2 is on its way from Gamefly. And I just bought Eternal Sonata, haven't tried it yet.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I got a PS3 for Christmas. First game I bought for it was Uncharted. Awesome game. Uncharted 2 is on its way from Gamefly. And I just bought Eternal Sonata, haven't tried it yet.
Allow me to recommend Valkeria Chronicles, Little Big Planet, MGS4, and Ratchet and Clank.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The fellow expressed interest in playing with you guys. :) We'll be playin a lot this week, so you guys let me know if you plan to play!

Bowielee

Bowielee

Nobody ever wants to play L4D 1 anymore :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'd play with you if I owned it.

Chibibar

I'd play with you if I owned it.
heck I would have bought you one when it was on sale if I knew you wanted one :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nobody ever wants to play L4D 1 anymore :(
I never get any invites. If you see me online and want to play, feel free to ask anytime.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Added you to my Friends list, My Steam ID is Creepshow.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Finally started Silent Hill: Origins. Very cool so far, but I have to say that they could have fleshed out the protagonists reactions a bit more, or at least explain why the following is not included in the dialog: "Gee, I really want to know what happened to the little girl I saved in that fire, but since a nurse with no face just tried to stab me with a syringe, perhaps I'll just tip the fuck out of town instead and call it an unsolved mystery".

Still, it's been a while since a game made me dread trying the next door. Some day I'll understand why I enjoy it.

Kitty Sinatra

Wow. I was just looking for this thread. Thanks, Fun Size.

After finishing Saints Row 2 recently (not with 100%, but finished all the same) and still needing a fix, I picked up GTA4 yesterday. Man, it seems so much more serious, so much less fun. Here's hoping it picks up.

Also, I wonder if it could beat Metal Gear Solid in cutscene minutes.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I've been playing Red Faction: Guerrilla, even though it's taxing my processor (2.5Ghz Core 2 Duo) to it's limit. I don't know if I've got some setting wrong, or if I need to reinstall Windows worse than I thought, or what, but multiple explosions can cause the game to freeze up for several seconds at at time, and frame-rates are kind of choppy in general. I'm pretty sure it's not my video card holding things back. Oh well, the game is fun, and maybe if I overclock my processor (something I planned for when building this rig) I'll be able to get some smooth gameplay.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Currently still playing Persona USA, L4D2 and Mass Effect 1.

Chazwozel

Currently doing Modern Warfare 2, on all the veteran settings and the multiplayer.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Currently still playing Persona USA
How is that? I was looking at the PSP port as my next potential venture into RPG territory. (Eventually - I'm still burned out from the marathon that was Final Fantasy: Crisis Core.)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's very "PSX" old school in it's graphics, but the gameplay is easily one of the most innovative and original styles of RPG gameplay ever seen.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm not playing Mass Effect 2 because I AM staring at a loading screen saying "Please Wait". Please wait while EA fucking bungles another launch with insufficient servers required to activate and play a game. Complete. Fucking. Horseshit.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You're no longer Frankie. You're now "Senor Overreaction" thanks to this and the Star Wars Online threads.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm overreacting because, once again, I chose to buy a game and, once again, I have to jump through hurdles in order to play it.

Like I've said, my tolerance for things that don't work is absolutely minimal.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:rolleyes:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Getting back into Scribblenaughts and finding myself having an easier time coming up with things than before. Not sure why.

I also found a puzzle I refuse to do, in which you have to drop a poop, a spiky ball, and a star into specific underwater slots. It can go die.

Going on a trip in February, so I may at last finish Phantom Hourglass then so I can start Spirit Trails.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I hope Spirit Tracks is a little more ambitious than Phantom Hourglass, I replayed it again recently and made it through the whole game in the space of maybe 4-5 hours.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I could never get past the terrible controls in Phantom Hourglass. I rented it and played it for awhile, but I just couldn't get into it because of the controls.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I actually loved the stylus controls in Phantom hourglass.

Jake

Jake

I hope Spirit Tracks is a little more ambitious than Phantom Hourglass, I replayed it again recently and made it through the whole game in the space of maybe 4-5 hours.
I liked Spirit Tracks more than Phantom Hourglass, but a DS Zelda is never going to be too epic, methinks.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I liked Spirit Tracks more than Phantom Hourglass, but a DS Zelda is never going to be too epic, methinks.[/QUOTE]

I dunno... Link's Awakening on the original GB was fantastic and Oracle of Seasons/Ages were pretty damn nice too. I didn't get a chance to play Minish Cap, but I heard nothing but good things about it. It honestly seems like the problem started with Phantom Hourglass.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Link's Awakening was flippin fantastic.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Link's Awakening was flippin fantastic.
I know! It kind of felt like a proto-Ocarina of Time, with it's emphasis on telling a story and having an actual cast of characters that changed over the course of the game.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I did as well. My only complaint was that rolling was imprecise (trying to hit trees was a pain). I hear that rolling is done differently in Spirit Tracks.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I did as well. My only complaint was that rolling was imprecise (trying to hit trees was a pain). I hear that rolling is done differently in Spirit Tracks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gave up on even trying to do the rolling after the first time it tells you how to do it. Seeing as it's not at all important to the gameplay, I didn't really mind.

Oh, and on the What am I playing front, I finally was able to get the Tales of Monkey Island pack with all 5 episodes.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't think I could ever finish a Zelda game in that short of time. I dick around too much, and forget puzzle solutions once solved. Probably why I've played Ocarina of Time five times or so; it always feels fresh.

Side-note: I too loved the stylus controls.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Got myself one of those PS3 thingamabobs shortly after Christmas and quite enjoying it...even if it's taking away time from schoolwork.

Still, got a chance to play some of the following:

Batman Arkham Asylum: Beat it with nearly all of the Riddles found (and only one did I look up on an FAQ). Damn good game. In fact, not only is it, hands down, the best Batman game to date, but arguably the best superhero game to date.

Katamari Forever: Hee, I love me the katamari. :D

Saints Row 2: Nearly beat it with a good portion of the side missions finished. There's something very odd and hilarious about escorting ho's in a pimped out FBI truck wearing a pimp suit and shooting people with a pimp cane shotgun.

Dead Space: I...wasn't crazy about it. It felt like galatic whack-a-mole.

Uncharted: Kinda dug it, but not a fan of the endless amount of baddies that you have to duck-cover-shoot against. There was a moment where I crashed my plane in a jungle or something and was fighting dozens of baddies in just one area. It brought the story to a screeching halt, much to my dismay.

Ratchet & Clank (Tools of Destruction): It was either buy a second controller for $54 or buy R&C with it for $59. And goddamn is this game fun. The sheer amount of weapons is, by far, the highlight of the game.

Dante's Inferno (demo): It's God of War minus Greek mythology plus Christian mythology. Kinda fun. Might rent it and that's about it.

Also, I went buy-crazy during Steam's holiday specials. On top of that, I only spent a little over $20 by the end of it (I think; I didn't do the math). Max Payne 1&2, the Ben There Dan That games, World of Goo, Machinarium, Braid, Zombie Driver (a big eh for this one), the LucasArts collection (a gift from a friend). It was like combining impulse buying with flea market prices.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I've been playing Trackmania United Forever. I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but I wanted a change of pace, and this was on Gametap and it's 64-bit compatible. I'm not sure if it's better than other racing games, but I'm having fun with it, for now.

Kitty Sinatra

I've got that game. It's kinda fun.

Weirdly, I like building my own tracks but have never found a good track created by someone else.

@Li3n

@Li3n

DISCIPLES 3, the russian version translated with Google Translate...

Damn it's buggy, and some choices in the changes they made from 2 where rather uninspired, but as with Heroes of M&M 4 i'm still managing to play it and enjoy it somewhat... hopefully they'll fix it in the end instead of going bankrupt like NWC (well 3DO, the publisher actually) did, requiring the fans to try to fix the balance and stuff.

Alucard

Currently playing Bad Company multiplayer. Recently achieved the rank of a 3 star. Most of the rounds you'll play are fun except for a few.
The new multiplayer skins in Uncharted 2 multiplayer are a bit humorous as well.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm really glad I picked up Titan Quest Gold for 5.00 this week. I've been playing the hell out of it, enjoying it's Diablo-esque goodness.

Shaw Coyote

Shaw Coyote

Etrian Odyssey for the DS, Tales of Vesperia for the 360, and some friends sucked me back into LOTRO.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm really glad I picked up Titan Quest Gold for 5.00 this week. I've been playing the hell out of it, enjoying it's Diablo-esque goodness.
I was this close to getting it, but in the end I wasn't sure when I'd get around to playing it again, I've already got access to it on Gametap and my subscription isn't up until November (I'm canceling it then). What class combo are you playing? I went with a Nature/Spirit combo, which gave me a rough time near the end of the first difficulty level.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm going with a naturalist/dream combo right now with my friend playing as an earth/storm combo. It works out pretty well, his earth elemental tanks with backup from my wolves, I heal and throw out distortion waves to slow the enemies. The animation of the Sylvan Nymph when running is freaking hilarious.

Shaw Coyote

Shaw Coyote

Earth/storm is a killer combo once he gets to max out combustion. I did that with a friend of mine, and it was a little rough for awhile, but it really comes into it's own once he gets his AOE's.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah, we're nearing the end of the expansion pack and we basically chew up anything that's thrown at us. I only have to spot heal.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I played through Mass Effect 1 again, beat it as an Infiltrator Commando with Garrus and Liara. Wish I had the cash for ME2. :(

Oddbot

Uncharted: Kinda dug it, but not a fan of the endless amount of baddies that you have to duck-cover-shoot against. There was a moment where I crashed my plane in a jungle or something and was fighting dozens of baddies in just one area. It brought the story to a screeching halt, much to my dismay.
The shooting parts were MUCH better paced in Uncharted 2. Even if there's a long stretch of shooting, its never kept in one place, they keep you moving around to new areas. The AI is smarter too and often won't just sit there behind their cover and peek their head up for you to blast them like in the first game.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Empire: Total War and Company of Heroes on the PC, Mass Effect 1, Dragon Age:Origins and Mercenaries 2 on the 360. Saving up cash for ME2...

@Li3n

@Li3n

Finally got off my arse and beat the Elder God (final boss) from Legacy of Kain: Defiance... i don't know why i got stuck at him last time, it wasn't that hard, i'm having trouble with Janos Audron now because my lack of practice in games like it (them being console only lately).

Man, now i want them to do one more game to finish the story already, it's a crying shame that they cancelled Dark Prophecy...

OMG, Amy Hennig worked on Uncharted?! Damn, now there's no way she'll be back for any LoK related stuff...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

After a couple computer changes and wipes kept deleting my progress in Half-Life 2, I finally got past the farthest I got (near the end of Water Hazard, just before you get the gun on your boat) which was reached sometime in early 2008. As fun as the chases were, I'm glad to at last be done with that damn boat.

And I'm very glad to finally have the gravity gun I've heard so much about! Ravenholm lives up to the dark whispers I've heard over the years as well. I'm having fun with it again and I'm glad I have so much game left, not onlyl of this, but of the Episodes I never played.

@Li3n

@Li3n

The concept of backing up saves is not something you're familiar with, is it?

also, WHERE IS EP. 3 ALREADY VALVE...

bhamv3

bhamv3

Episode 3? Nah, the series ended with Episode 2. Gordon and Alyx lived happily ever after at White Forest base, where they kept a fully-fueled helicopter as an ornament in their hangar. Kleiner and Magnusson retired from science and rocketry to swap labcoat maintenance tips with Uriah. Every now and then, while relaxing on their sofa with a large mug of headcrab juice, they'd remark to one another, "I wonder what happened to Judith and that ship - what was its name, the Borneo? Ah well, I suppose it doesn't really matter." And then Gordon would go out to whack a few more headcrabs, for the juicer.

fade

fade

I just started Resident Evil 4. This is the first Wii game I've bought for myself. I've heard good things, but I find it lacking the creepiness of the older RE games. The massive ammo supply makes it too easy. I must say the rifle and scope are fun for good ol' zombie head-splattering fun.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Add me to the list of people getting impatient for Episode 3. Or, at the very least, SOME kind of mention of progress on it.

As for games played lately?

Brutal Legend
It's pretty dang fun, actually. There's not enough music consistently through the game, though. It's mostly sequestered to when you're driving around (which is fun as hell thanks to the AWESOME music). And the RTS elements? Yeah, they're there, but it doesn't bother me that much since it's nowhere near as complex as other ones. I can pump my guys up with a guitar solo boost and send them in. A few times, I've had to think a little (like going with a group of roadies to destory some towers), but overall, it's not that big a deal to me.

Of course, given that I'm a casual metal fan, it just rocks so hard visually and musically. The presentation on the game alone has been worth it for me.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The concept of backing up saves is not something you're familiar with, is it?

also, WHERE IS EP. 3 ALREADY VALVE...
Pre-snark: I've looked up Half Life 2 save files and found nothing about an independent save file for it. It seems embedded in the game itself, at least if you're running it off Steam like me.

Snark: Because when your computer needs formatting, or the motherboard dies, or you're just doing routine back ups of important files such as school projects, work, tax info, et cetera, video game saves are very low on the priority list. :rolleyes:

Edit: Wow, that eye-rolling emoticon sucks.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Pre-snark: I've looked up Half Life 2 save files and found nothing about an independent save file for it. It seems embedded in the game itself, at least if you're running it off Steam like me.

Snark: Because when your computer needs formatting, or the motherboard dies, or you're just doing routine back ups of important files such as school projects, work, tax info, et cetera, video game saves are very low on the priority list. :rolleyes:

Edit: Wow, that eye-rolling emoticon sucks.
I've transferred my HL2 saved games before, so I know it's possible. There is a folder called SAVE somewhere in the SteamApps folder, I think. I'll check when I'm on my desktop.

Of course, that may not be necessary anymore, now that the HL2 series has Steam Cloud support. I'm not sure how it works, but it's supposed to backup your saved games for you, along with keybindings, sprays and other stuff.

Bowielee

Bowielee

The saves are in Program files(program files(x86) if you're on 64 bit windows)/steam/steamapps/[steam username]/[game(HL2, portal, etc...]/[game]/SAVE

Yes, it is embedded in there pretty far, but it was easy enough to find seeing as this is the first time I ever attempted to find them.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

So, given that one of my favourite parts of Brutal Legend has been the music, I looked to see if there was a soundtrack. Found one on...well, it rhymes with Buy Rat Stay.

And holy crap, does it ever KICK ASS. I'm kind of a casual fan of metal, mostly from songs that bands have done as wrestling enterance themes like Motorhead. And this whole album just KICKS TOTAL ASS. So far, I'm going back to Motorhead a lot, but there's some great Ozzy in here, too. And the one song I keep going back to is Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart". Think that'll be a song to add to my mp3 player when I'm running.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I thought Brutal Legend was classic Schaeffer, massively flawed, yet fun, game with incredible writing, humour and atmosphere.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tactics is my favorite home sick game. BLAME YOURSELF OR GOD!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I think the single biggest problem with Brutal Legend was it's focus: It should have been God of War, seeped in Heavy Metal, not a strategy game. It really doesn't help that they focused the advertising as if it WAS God of War.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Yeah, I can understand that frustration. And yeah, the most fun I have with the game are the non-RTS moments. BUT, going in well aware of what to expect as far as gameplay, I was able to enjoy it for what it was.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I always back up saves regularly as a rule... that way when i want to format i don't have to bother with it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Tactics is my favorite home sick game. BLAME YOURSELF OR GOD!
Yay! That makes being sick worth it :D.

Ah, Tactics. The one PS1 game I didn't sell (though now I have the PSP version). The one game I can always hop into and have fun.

For once, I find all my gaming needs fulfilled.
Play alone: Half-Life 2
Play with buddies: Left 4 Dead 2
Play and Julie watches: System Shock 2 and Psychonauts
Play with Julie: Borderlands and Mario Kart Wii (eventually to hit back on Tactics and Dissidia)

Cajungal

Cajungal

How's the PSP tactics? Is it awesome? Because that game made me want to buy one.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

There's pros and cons. You can take it anywhere, which is awesome. There's a couple new classes, although the Onion Knight sounds kind of useless. There's some new side quests late in the game. Some of the spells are clarified. The best thing in my opinion is the multiplayer, but unfortunately it's not online (unless you use Ad Hoc with a PS3, or get sneaky with certain computer programs), so it's not worth anything unless someone else has a PSP and Tactics. Still, it's nice to have on-the-go, because it's one of those games I never get tired of.

The only cons are that some of the spells lag a little (you'll see this on occasion in the PS1 version, but it's pretty constant in this). The other con, in my opinion, is the new translation. While Tactics did kind of need a new one, because it became a jumbled mess when all the back-stabbing takes place, and it's nice for some of that stuff to make sense right away, the translators decided to do this weird, overdone English. I don't know how to describe it exactly. An example would be... in the original if someone said "I'll kill you" in this it would be something like "You shall rue the day of your birth when you meet your end at my hands." Like some bad fantasy novelist did it. This doesn't seem to irritate Julie because she didn't play it to death like I did, she just laughs at it, but I played it enough to know what the old dialogue was and it gets on my nerves at times.

Again, personally it's worth it to have it whenever I want and playing against or with Julie, and I don't think those cons ruin it, but if you're getting a PSP over it, you should consider how much that's worth.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The Onion Knight's job level goes up as you master other jobs, and if you can get the Onion Knight up to job level 8, they'll become more powerful. Also, if you play the game's multiplayer modes, you can earn some powerful "Onion" equipment that only Onion Knights can equip. In other words, it's powerful but you really need to work at it. Black Knights are generally a better option though.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm playing Bioshock 2, which is startlingly terribly optimized. I have an x6900 processor (which I know isn't the big dog anymore, but should still be more than enough for this) and dual 285 GTX's, a game that is in no way a graphical improvement from Bioshock 1 should not have framerate issues.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That's what I was afraid of.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I haven't played either Bioshock game, though I watched a playthrough of the first on YouTube once. Honestly, from everything that I can tell, the second one seems barely different at all. The only difference I can tell is that you play as a Big Daddy. But the location is the same and even the set up is the same (collect McGuffins from the little girls by killing or curing them), etc.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Bioshock 2 is what you get when you change the story of Bioshock from one that features Radical Rightism as the cause of the problem to one the features Radical Leftism as the cause of the problem. To sum it up:

- In Bioshock 1 you have a society destroying itself by it's unbridled greed, over competitive nature, unregulated markets, and by essentially deifying an egotistical hypocrite who believes that people will follow his example because it's his. When people show that they are willing to resort to any means to get what they want, Rapture is destroyed in a war between the Haves and the Have Nots. The Have Nots win because there are many, many more of them due to how the system is set up. Ryan, angry that his vision has failed, mind controls nearly everyone still alive and locks them inside of the hell he and they had created. Then you show up and basically fuck everything up even more.

- In Bioshock 2, that same society is getting worse because of a philosophical cult the believes that only by homogenizing everything can everything be equal, having said cult be filled with people who are clutching onto a hope that is beyond their means, and by essentially deifying an Ivy League Intellectual who believes that the good of the many is worth destroying the lives of the innocent. That's basically all I can say without spoiling EVERYTHING.

In short, the Bioshock games are basically a message against extremism in all of it's creeds. It's actually quite subtle about it too.

Dei

Dei

I found Bioshock 2 to be really short though, I wonder if it's because (or if it's why) they added the multiplayer.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Like Ash said, it's more about the story then the shooting...

@Dei

The MP was handled by another studio, so i doubt it... probably just resting on their laurels so to speak.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

@Dei

The MP was handled by another studio, so i doubt it... probably just resting on their laurels so to speak.
Irrational Games had really nothing to do with Bioshock 2 at all. 2K just shunted it onto one of their other developers.

And it really feels like a half-assed sequel, like, really half-assed.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

@Dei

Irrational Games had really nothing to do with Bioshock 2 at all. 2K just shunted it onto one of their other developers.

And it really feels like a half-assed sequel, like, really half-assed.[/QUOTE]

I dunno... all new weapons, new plasmids and new ways to use them, a completely re-worked hack mechanic, new ways to get Adam, and a story that completely flips the ideological perspective while remaining as deep as the original and STILL retaining the same message? Plus a brand new multiplayer mode? It seems to me this is a worthy successor. If I was going to complain about anything in the game, it would be that it's music doesn't seem as strong as in the first game, that it re-uses almost every enemy from the last game (with only 3 or 4 new enemy types), and that Lamb's intellectual ramblings get on my nerves far more than Andrew Ryan's ever did.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

The story is alright, but it just seems like someone's fanfiction (which it essentially is since there's no Ken Levigne magic at all present). All, the retconning going on everywhere gets ridiculous and there's fucking

Tannenbaum, who shows up for 30 seconds, says see you later and is never heard from again. What the God damn? Seriously?

And yes, half-assed. The hack mechanic is possibly the simplest and fastest minigame ever created (now, I like Bioshock's original Pipedream minigame, but it did get old after a while). This new hacking minigame might as well not be there. The multiplayer is the most unbalanced mess ever created (and created solely for the HAS MULTIPLAYER bullet point on the box). The weapons are basically reskins of the original ones (with some exceptions) and the game's texture work is fucking atrocious, anything they didn't just lift from the original game looks like hell.

Now, being the world's wussiest big daddy I can understand is game balance and to make it actually exciting, but it's still funny that you can go down to two shotgun hits from a splicer while the Rosie you had engaged can take 2 straight minutes of concentrated machine gun fire. I think it's pretty lame. as well, that Rumblers are more of a threat than the supposed big bads of the game, the Big Sisters. I got taken out more fighting a Rumbler than I ever did with a sister.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Man, why change the name back and then have someone else do the game...

But i was saying that the MP souldn't have affected the SP because it was done by another developer then the SP.

Wyrminarrd

Currently I spend most of my gaming time playing "Kings-bounty: Armored Princess" which is a follow up to "Kings-bounty: The legend". This game is great and has my completely hooked, I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Heroes of Might and Magic or games similar to that.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Not gonna quote Frankie because I don't want to see the spoiler, this is all making me glad I didn't pre-order. I'll wait for a sale later this year.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm being probably far more harsh on the game than it really deserves. Here's a more fair assessment. It's not as good as Bioshock 1 in any way, except for in the shooter elements themselves. It's combat is improved. Being able to use both plasmids and weapons at the same time is nice. It isn't a bad game.

It has some performance issues with my PC, and runs more poorly than Crysis, which is insane. Completely insane. It doesn't seem to matter if I drop the resolution to 800x600 and turn every graphical effect to lowest possible or off entirely, it still stutters like crazy. It's, in the words of Morrigan when describing Dog, maddening.

Dei

Dei

Honestly, Bioshock 2 probably has just as much raw plot as any other game out there right now, but you are railroaded down the story the whole time with no real side quests, which makes it shorter.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Since I finally got a mic for my computer (and, DOH!, I've had all I needed for that sitting around my computer room for years now!) I've been playing even more L4D2 than I used to.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Currently I spend most of my gaming time playing "Kings-bounty: Armored Princess" which is a follow up to "Kings-bounty: The legend". This game is great and has my completely hooked, I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Heroes of Might and Magic or games similar to that.
The real time adventure map stuff kinda turned me off KB... but i guess ut's just because there's no place for me to get my HoMM fix since H5 and Disciples 3 have been rather disappointing.

It has some performance issues with my PC, and runs more poorly than Crysis, which is insane. Completely insane. It doesn't seem to matter if I drop the resolution to 800x600 and turn every graphical effect to lowest possible or off entirely, it still stutters like crazy. It's, in the words of Morrigan when describing Dog, maddening.
Sounds like a bug... google time or wait for a patch.

Wyrminarrd

The real time adventure map stuff kinda turned me off KB... but i guess ut's just because there's no place for me to get my HoMM fix since H5 and Disciples 3 have been rather disappointing.

[.[/QUOTE]

The real time adventure map took some getting used to but once I had adjusted I actually felt it was even better then the pure turn based system.

I didn't know that Disciples 3 was out, must have slipped by me. Sad to hear that it wasn't as good as number 2, I played that game constantly and was really hoping that D3 would be as good.

Jay

Jay

Please don't compare Bioshock 1 to the 2nd. It's not the same developer at all, heck Ken Levine wasn't involved in any shape or form in this project. I expected a less than Bioshock-like game. They should have learned from Bioware with Mass Effect 2. Silly cash grabs.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

How could they have learned from Mass Effect 2?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Considering that only came out a week or two earlier...

Frank

Frankie Williamson

It was the v-sync. For whatever reason, even turning it off didn't actually turn it off. It's what was causing my stuttering issues. I had to lower the resolution, turn off the v-sync and then go back to my native resolution in order to get it running properly. Plenty annoying that is.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I didn't know that Disciples 3 was out, must have slipped by me. Sad to hear that it wasn't as good as number 2, I played that game constantly and was really hoping that D3 would be as good.
As i mentioned earlier in the thread, only the russian version is out, and it's what one would describe as a beta state... you can find it around translated in english with google translate...

And it's not that bad, but they did some weird things, most weird being the way the units level... going from lvl 1 to 5 tight away, Orc chieftains being lvl 13 from the start etc.

Hopefully they'll fix most of that by the time the international version comes out... poor russians, they paid for getting into a beta test...

The real time adventure map took some getting used to but once I had adjusted I actually felt it was even better then the pure turn based system.
Bah, humbug... this trend to move away from TB in everything irks me to no end... but like i said, it's more that i have no alternatives that makes me not want to get into it, not the actual system, which seems fine.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

@Frankie

Told you it was a bug.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It was the v-sync. For whatever reason, even turning it off didn't actually turn it off. It's what was causing my stuttering issues. I had to lower the resolution, turn off the v-sync and then go back to my native resolution in order to get it running properly. Plenty annoying that is.
That fucks up all my games.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Fix the things that need to be fixed, leave everything else (ie, the good stuff) alone.

Granted, Mass Effect 2 didn't so much as fix the broken things as completely removed them, but at least they're trying. :D

Disclaimer: I haven't played either Bioshock game.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Fix the things that need to be fixed, leave everything else (ie, the good stuff) alone.

Granted, Mass Effect 2 didn't so much as fix the broken things as completely removed them, but at least they're trying. :D

Disclaimer: I haven't played either Bioshock game.[/QUOTE]

It was a reference to the fact that they came out almost simultaneously, so any lessons they could have learned specifically from Mass Effect 2 would have been learned after development of Bioshock 2 was complete.

Bowielee

Bowielee

That fucks up all my games.[/QUOTE]

The Nvidia control panel, for those of you who use it, allows you to globally turn off Vsync. Personally, I've never seen the use for it. Dropped frames bother me WAY more than screen tearing ever will.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I finished Half-Life 2. While I still felt more corraled than in the first game, I will take back a lot of the mean things I said a year or so ago when I had stopped playing during Water Hazard.

That said, if I had played it back in 2004, without have Episode One and Two to play as soon as I please and continue the story, I'm be damn pissed at that ending.

Well, onto Episode One.

Kitty Sinatra

What was your issue with Water Hazard? I breezed through that level . . . except for that one little puzzle
where you gotta load a cage full of floating balls. I just never thought to dive in the water.
(Spoilered just because)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It was easy enough (besides that same puzzle), it just felt like a rail shooter for much of it, when I wanted more like Half-Life. I stopped playing then, and then my game was erased and I didn't bother. But playing through again, I started enjoying the game again after that and it was awesome.

I started Episode One today--I didn't expect to get the awesome version of the gravity gun again :D. Wheeeee!

Now that I've gotten Julie involved in watching it though, I'm starting Dead Space so to occupy my time and she won't miss any of Gordon Freeman's adventure. It's tense, but I'm not finding it too scary just yet. It is a slick game though. I like the way the menu and contact info work, and all the controls feel intuitive. Not as scary as people have made out, but I like it.

Kitty Sinatra

I started playing episode 1 (without finishing HL2) but there's something about the game that just doesn't grab me. I just can't be bothered with it.

My interests may just lie elsewhere. After loving Saints Row 2 and being subsequently bored by GTA4, I picked up the first Saints Row today. Hopefully it gives me the fun I want.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Probably because HL2-Episode One feels like it's still HL2. It's not the next part, it's still busy concluding the previous events.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Probably because HL2-Episode One feels like it's still HL2. It's not the next part, it's still busy concluding the previous events.
I enjoyed HL2:Ep1 more than most, but that might be on account of the commentary. Or possibly Alex evolving as a character. Most of the gameplay, and certainly all of the setting, just felt like more of the same. There's not a lot that stands out.

Episode 2, on the other hand, is just stellar. The settings feel new and different. There are several points in the game that are among the best in the HL series. Absolutely amazing from start to finish. I've played it through three times myself (once when it first came out, a second time for commentary and a third to get the gnome achievement) and even now when people talk about it I get an urge to play again.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I am enjoying it; it just doesn't feel like Half-Life 2 ended exactly. While I'm waiting to see where things go with getting out of City 17, I'm still enjoying what's there. Returning to the super gravity gun was unexpected and nice, and the reactor sequence was interesting. "Lowlife" was really... unexpected. I thought I'd left Ravenholm behind entirely, and somehow this was honestly worse, maybe because of the claustrophobic tunnels and the pitch blackness. And I mean that in a good way.

Dr. Kleiner was hilarious too. "For those so inclined, now would be an excellent time for procreation."

bhamv3

bhamv3

Episode 1 felt like a mini-sequel to HL2. Very good, but sort of like an addendum, you know?

Episode 2 was pure awesome. The antlion turret battle is still the most exciting experience I've ever had in a game.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Super Mario Galaxy: This is one example of how NOT to do a final boss.

Haha, I get it, into the lava, just like all the Bowser battles in the first game, har fucking har. I'd like to think games have evolved from that, and even Mario has too. I'm not saying the final boss needs to be painfully difficult, but challenging shouldn't be too much to ask for. Or even just something different, and not a retread of the previous battles with Bowser throughout the game. When I finished him, I was thinking "Wow, the wizards were harder than that." Then it shows the escape and the camera heads back to Bowser and I thought "Oh, it's not over yet, awesome, maybe it'll be a cool fight after all." Instead it's the Mario Galaxy equivalent of Darth Vader's "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I'm less aggravated that it wasn't challenging, as I'm probably above the intended age group for this game (though I still have a hard time with Bowser at the end of Super Mario World, as an adult) and more aggravated that I'd already done this exact battle at least twice in the game, and possibly a third I can't remember.

Overall the game was easy, aside from a couple of the late galaxies. Ah well, we got it for Julie since it seemed like a platformer more at her difficulty level, and that seems true so far. I'm probably gonna try Mario 64 at some point to see if that's any more to my liking.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I started Fable: The Lost Chapters yesterday. So far the interface seems really clunky and I'm wondering if that's going to keep me from getting into the game. I'll give it a few more hours, but if I keep feeling like I'm fighting the controls I'm going to give up (it's on Gametap, so no loss).

Bowielee

Bowielee

I just started Republic Commando, I'm enjoying it for the most part, even though the graphics are getting pretty dated.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Super Mario Galaxy: This is one example of how NOT to do a final boss.

Haha, I get it, into the lava, just like all the Bowser battles in the first game, har fucking har. I'd like to think games have evolved from that, and even Mario has too. I'm not saying the final boss needs to be painfully difficult, but challenging shouldn't be too much to ask for. Or even just something different, and not a retread of the previous battles with Bowser throughout the game. When I finished him, I was thinking "Wow, the wizards were harder than that." Then it shows the escape and the camera heads back to Bowser and I thought "Oh, it's not over yet, awesome, maybe it'll be a cool fight after all." Instead it's the Mario Galaxy equivalent of Darth Vader's "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I'm less aggravated that it wasn't challenging, as I'm probably above the intended age group for this game (though I still have a hard time with Bowser at the end of Super Mario World, as an adult) and more aggravated that I'd already done this exact battle at least twice in the game, and possibly a third I can't remember.

Overall the game was easy, aside from a couple of the late galaxies. Ah well, we got it for Julie since it seemed like a platformer more at her difficulty level, and that seems true so far. I'm probably gonna try Mario 64 at some point to see if that's any more to my liking.
While I agree that bowser wasn't a difficult boss at all, I think the same adage that works with all platformers works here: The level itself was the final boss, bowser was just the endpoint.

And if you haven't done the luigi levels yet, then you have plenty of harder to look forward to

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I get that, and it was a rough level, though not as rough as some of those single-star galaxies. As for the spoiler, I don't have the patience to get 120 stars :p. But thanks.

Finished Half-Life 2: Episode 2... that was incredible. I hate fucking hunters, but that finale was amazing. And thankfully this game actually had a real ending. I'm kind of glad I didn't play all that until now, as then I'd have been waiting for Episode 3 since late 2007 like everyone else. But I'm hoping it'll come out this year. I have a feeling it won't; even in 2009 it sounded like they were still working things out. I hope not over demands for a Portal gun, because I could lose that in favor of finding out what happens next.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

There has been NO talk of Episode 3. At all. They are busy with Left 4 Dead 2's DLC (and the one for Left 4 Dead 1 as well), as well as the next update for TF2. They probably ARE working on episode 3, but it's probably not coming this year.

Hylian

Hylian

I just picked up two games and just started of playing both of them. The first one is BlazBlue and the other one is Rune Factory Frontier. So far both are great games.

Alucard

Picked up the original copy of Left 4 Dead. So far its a fun game.
Tanks are a real bitch though. Depending on how I like this I'll probably pick up the 2nd one.

Waiting for Bad Company 2 to come out next week.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

There has been NO talk of Episode 3. At all. They are busy with Left 4 Dead 2's DLC (and the one for Left 4 Dead 1 as well), as well as the next update for TF2. They probably ARE working on episode 3, but it's probably not coming this year.
I'd imagine something is coming down the pipe for late 2010 though.

Oh, and on Episode 2:

I cannot believe they killed Eli. I was so pissed, I wanted to jam a crowbar into that fucking slug's eye.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. They have these in the pipeline already:

- Two Left 4 Dead 2 DLCs (The Passing and one that has no details as of yet) on two systems.
- 1 Left 4 Dead 1 DLC for two systems.
- Two Team Fortress 2 free updates, as well as the next "Meet the Team" video.
- Numerous patches for all their games.
- Updates to Steam.

I really don't see it coming until at least mid-2011. They've had a lot on their plates for awhile now.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I didn't mean Episode 3 necessarily, but I guess all that would be the workload of a new game.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I found out yesterday that Championship Manager 01/02 has been released for free download by the developers. Well, there goes my social life for the next six months.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Heavy Rain (demo)

Holy crap, I am so down for buying this game when I can. Might wait until June and get the special edition, since it comes with a soundtrack and such. :D My only qualm with it is the walking mechanics. You hold down R2 to move and then guide them with the left analog stick. No idea why they went with this because it doesn't add anything but frustration.

phil

phil

I just got an emulator the other day and have been playing the first Zelda game. It's kind of amazing how good this game is considering when it came out. I never played it as a kid so it's all mostly new to me. I've done the first 3 dungeons and I did the 4th up to the boss which I died on. The game feels surprisingly open, which thank god I can look things up online otherwise I wouldn't know what the hell to do. I've got the magic shield, white sword and blue ring so I'm rolling through most of the enemies right now. The only ones that give me any real trouble are the knight guys who you can't attack from the front. If I have 5 or more of those guys in a room it can be pretty tricky to dodge them all, attack them from behind and get away before they turn around and come after you. A friend of mine says that link to the past blows this one away, so I'm excited to get a SNES emulator and give that one a try.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Oh, and on Episode 2:

I cannot believe they killed Eli. I was so pissed, I wanted to jam a crowbar into that fucking slug's eye.
[/QUOTE]

That was especially irritating because you don't get to kill anything afterwards... and with Ep. 3 nowhere in sight you're just left with that.

Math242

Math242

I'm playing Mass Effect 1 because i'm not satisfied with my canon save game anymore and i want badly to do a second mass effect 2 run

Playing Eve online as casually as i can.

trying to find time to finish DA: Origins a second time before the xpack comes out

Ditto with DoW 2 (except it's my fourth playthrough)

yeaaaaah, i may need to quit my job

Occasional Poster

I just ordered Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) for 23.50 euros from play.com, so I know what I'll be playing in a week or so. :)

Great timing on the price drop as I am currently finishing up my third character in Dragon Age: Origins. I saved the mage for last and I'm having a blast with the different spells. Looking forward to Awakening!

Enresshou

Enresshou

My friends and I are doing "Fight Nights" in preparation for Super Street Fighter IV, so--in addition to buying Marvel vs. Capcom 2 off XBox Live--we're swapping the following into our lineup:

-Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
-Street Fighter IV
-Capcom vs. SNK 2
-Soul Calibur II
-Rival Schools
-Street Fighter 3rd Strike
-Soul Calibur IV

EDIT: Also, goddamn MVC2. I forgot how annoying that damn "select character" song was.

Math242

Math242

SC IV is the best fighting game ever.

it's just flawless

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I stalled on Phantom Hourglass for some reason at the island with the cemetery in early January, but I finally got back into it yesterday and finished it today. That was pretty damn fun. Honestly, it was better than Twilight Princess. Now I can finally play Spirit Tracks; been waiting exactly two months.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Been getting on the Supreme Commander LTTP bandwagon. It's pretty fun. I really dig the size and scope of it but wish it was a little faster paced. In these early missions, it takes forever to cruise across the map.

Kitty Sinatra

Midnight Club Los Angeles.

Gorram fricking traffic always getting in my way, smurfing up my line and wrecking my paint. Plus, I bought a Ninja yesterday, first race I tried it in was for pink slips. rammed head on into that gorram fricking traffic right near the finish. Lost my Ninja. I am a sad zombie pirate kitten :tear:

I can haz cowasaky?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I am playing the hell out of Mass Effect 1, now that I've gotten it to run.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Ratched & Clank: A Crack in Time

When I bought my PS3 back in late December, I also bought a second controller. At the time, they had package deals where they included a Greatest Hits game with it (Uncharted, for example). It was the difference of $54.99 for just the controller or $59.99 for the game packaged in. So, on a whim, I snagged Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction.

...and by God was it a lot of fun. It was like a playable Pixar movie with all the fun but half the deep story. It was just so comically well done that I enjoyed every step of it. The Groovitron (whereby a spinning disco ball forces your enemies to drop their guard to get funky)...even the bosses...had me pausing the game to laugh.

So, to continue the fun, I bought and downloaded the second part of the story and had even more fun.

Now I've started playing A Crack in Time and I'm just having so much fun.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters was a pretty good one on the PSP.

I've finally moved out of Silent Hill for a time and started Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. I'm not much for shooters these days, but hopefully it'll change my mind.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I've finally moved out of Silent Hill for a time and started Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. I'm not much for shooters these days, but hopefully it'll change my mind.
I disagree: Size Matters is BY FAR the worst Ratchet and Clank game. If your going to play any of the others, you should play Going Commando or Up Your Arsenal. Deadlocked is OK, but it really shifts away from what made the other games great.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I disagree: Size Matters is BY FAR the worst Ratchet and Clank game. If your going to play any of the others, you should play Going Commando or Up Your Arsenal. Deadlocked is OK, but it really shifts away from what made the other games great.[/QUOTE]

It's the only one I've played, and while you can disagree that I thought it was pretty good, I think I'll still be right about it.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Maybe it's better on the PSP, but the PS2 port of it was god awful.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Finally started playing Mass Effect 1 again... wow, it's been 2 years since i stopped after the first mission (Eden Prime?).

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Getting back into Pokemon, with some hardcore strategizing, breeding, and EV training. I got on Battle Revolution a week ago (for the first time in a year) and my time was doing ass against all the psychotic strategies people have cooked up since Platinum came out, and I honestly haven't tried to make a competitive team in 3 years. So I'd like to have something decent to fight with, since I'm getting Soul Silver next weekend and starting from the beginning of that game is going to take up more DS time than team-building.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Finally got Mass Effect 2. Love it. Kinda wish surveying was more interesting, though. Already going to have to play through it again since

I didn't know if you did sidequesting before you left for the Collector Ship, your crew would die. I got there in time to save half of them but Kelly died. Also, Legion got shot in the head after clearing up the tunnel route for me. Just got to the part where you have a biotic walking with you to keep the bugs away while you try and get to your secondary group (which Thane is leading).

bhamv3

bhamv3

Someone's about to die.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, I was a busy boy in the last week. I finished Mass Effect 2 and Tales of Monkey Island.

I'm currently working on a game that I've had forever but never really dove into Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. I downloaded it on steam when there was a sale and pretty much forgot I ever had it. Aside from it being easier than falling off a log, it's not that bad.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Started Chrono Trigger, FINALLY. The fella's been trying to get me to play it for the 6 years we've been together. He finally just broke down and got it for my DS so I'd have it whenever I wanted, not just at his place. So far so good. Correction--so far so great.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

The old arcade Alien vs. Predator game. It's fantastic.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Started Chrono Trigger, FINALLY. The fella's been trying to get me to play it for the 6 years we've been together. He finally just broke down and got it for my DS so I'd have it whenever I wanted, not just at his place. So far so good. Correction--so far so great.
As big a fan as I am of villains, CT is ALL about the "Frog!"

bhamv3

bhamv3

The recent Portal update inspired me to download Portal: Prelude.

Dear God this thing is hard...

phil

phil

I'm splitting my time between Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Pokemon Gold. Zelda has been pretty fun, except for the 3rd light world boss. Holy crap I can't imagine what they were thinking when designing that.

Gold is the first pokemon game I've ever played, so i'm still kind of getting used to it. It's kinda fun but I find myself skipping a everything that i can. I don't know if it's a game feature or what but I can speed everything up by pressing a certain button and I'll do that for a lot of the battles. I mean, I don't really care to find out what's supper effective or what's not very effective (especially when it still takes out a good portion of my HP). It's been pretty simple and unless I just chose the wrong type to battle this type of pokemon I can do all right. I have noticed that it seems like if I lose one, I'm going to lose several in a fight. I may switch to either allow a different one to get some XP or I think it's a good move because of the type differences, and the one I switch to will die to a powerful attack, so I'll switch back to one that is one of my stronger ones but maybe a little weak from the last round, and he'll die too. After that it's just be throwing my weaker pokemon to their death one at a time as my opponent uses their most powerful attack over and over from the start. And I swear to god if my ratatat dies one more time I'm going to feed it to my pidgeodo who can actually do something useful.

Olorin

I've been playing WarioLand: the Shake Dimension. Nice little playformer with absolutely beautiful 2D graphics and animation. I defeated the final boss a few days ago and now I'm trying to 100% it, but all the secret levels are a lot harder than the rest of the game.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Anno 1404 Venice.

Surprisingly, the newly added multiplayer works really well. So far anyway. Fun option is to play with each other on the same nation. So in this first game we're trying that out, I'm handling the Orient, well my housemate is doing the Western side.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Been playing Grand Theft Auto IV off and on since I bought it a few weeks ago.

But there's one mission that's giving me endles headaches: "No.1"; a racing mission giving to you by Brucie. And cripes, I just can't do it. I hate racing missions in general, but with the way the driving controls are set up in this game (any turn you take causes a huge tire-squeeling out of control swerve), I just can't beat it.

I'm seriously tempted to ask a fellow Halforumer on here to take a copy of my saved game and kick that mission's ass for me.

Gusto

Gusto

That mission took me a couple tries too, Nick. The only real advice I can give you is to remember that regular GTA rules apply to races too, so feel free to smash out your driver side window and shoot every racer ahead of you through their windshield. :)

I dunno if you're doing that already, but keep at it. Alternatively, try starting the mission during the middle of the night, as there will be slightly less civilian traffic to get in your way.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Honestly, it's all about practicing the car physics. I suggest getting 3-4 stars and just try running from the cops for a good chunk of time. You'll learn.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Gametap just added Titan Quest to their list of 64-bit compatible titles. I might start playing again now that I don't have to reboot into XP to do so.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I officially hate you now. I'd never heard of this mod until you mentioned it.

My GOD it's hard.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I officially hate you now. I'd never heard of this mod until you mentioned it.

My GOD it's hard.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I hate me too now!

I thought the Flash Map Pack was hard enough, but this is even harder. Though it's hard in a different way, the Flash Map Pack was hard in that you had to figure out how to solve each puzzle, Portal: Prelude's challenge tends to come from precision portal placement and timing.

YAOMTC

Well, I *would* continue replaying HL2 but it seems my game saves didn't go with my Steam backup. :/

You'd think that when my games get backed up, the save files would be included in that... Where are they kept, anyway?!

Well, at least my Gamecube games don't lose their save files. I've been playing the original Animal Crossing lately. I love it and hate it at the same time, and can't stop playing it...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You can edit one of the files on Half-Life 2 to open up all chapters; and then begin from whatever chapter you left off on. That's what I did when I lost my save files.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

My GOD it's hard.
Sounds like my prom night! (or this past Friday night; hey-oh!)

I beat Infamous recently. I'd rented it a few months ago and beat most of it, save for maybe two missions. The last boss was deceptively hard until I realized the only power that really worked on him was my generic first-power blam-blam-blam power. Kind of a let down in that sense.

I've also given Uncharted a second chance. I played it once before and honestly, the combat pissed me off with the endless amount of badguys and the duck/shoot combat that grinds the story to a halt. But I'm percevering and slowly making it through (dying many times). My favourite parts are the Tomb Raider-like ledge jumping or the ancient tomb puzzle solving (which sadly has only happened once so far). Still, I am kinda digging it, even if the story is slow as hell to develop. The shooting part of the game on the back of the jeep was the best part so far and now I'm at the slightly frustrating jetski portion.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sid Meier's Pirates. The edition that came out about 6 years ago. Caught my self playing that game too long.

Fun Size

Fun Size

DSi XL pre-ordered. Now I just have to sit and patiently wait to play my new Scribblenaughts and Mario Kart DS.

It's just two weeks...it's just two weeks...it's just two weeks....

Bowielee

Bowielee

I've been diving back into GTA IV. I finally decided to give up my non-violent, "I'm not gonna kill people randomly for money" ways and have been killing the hell out of anyone who is out of the range of a cop. Weapons ammo doesn't buy itself, you know.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Been continuing to play Uncharted, much to my frustration. Even though I'm nearly at the end, I'm honestly just tired of the game and might sell it soon.

That said why the hell does the game suddenly become Resident Evil?! Weird creatures popping up and slashing at me? WTF?

Kitty Sinatra

Because that's what Far Cry did. Though there was probably something before that that also did it, Uncharted is a Far Cry homage. Or "homage" if you prefer

I'm totally smurfing sick of games that are normal shooters turning into wannabe supernatural fright fests.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Uhhh.... I haven't played them, but isn't Uncharted about as far away from Far Cry as you can get? If it was an homage to anything, I understand it would be Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones. Both of which had supernatural stuff happen towards the ends of them.

Kitty Sinatra

Pretty landscape, bright shirt. That's all I actually know about Uncharted.

Shannow

Shannow

Modded psp was stolen, so I had to go get a used one and re-mod it. Finally all set with that, back to playing Star Ocean: The Second Story (man, I hate restarting an rpg when I am a good chunk into it).

As stated before, I loved this game on the psp, and still do now. Hot damn, good times.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Uhhh.... I haven't played them, but isn't Uncharted about as far away from Far Cry as you can get? If it was an homage to anything, I understand it would be Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones. Both of which had supernatural stuff happen towards the ends of them.
Well actually...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I love Ash Burch. Seriously.

http://www.halolz.com/2008/09/15/video-meet-ashly-burch/

Still my favorite.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I started Fable: The Lost Chapters yesterday. So far the interface seems really clunky and I'm wondering if that's going to keep me from getting into the game. I'll give it a few more hours, but if I keep feeling like I'm fighting the controls I'm going to give up (it's on Gametap, so no loss).
Okay, I'm giving up on Fable. It's got some interesting points, but overall I'm struggling with the interface more than I'm enjoying the game. It really has a poorly designed menu system, the camera is awful, combat isn't horrible but it's awkward and overall it just feels like there are too many ideas stuffed into one game, and very few of them have had enough time spent making them work right.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm loving Pokemon Soul Silver. The stylus controls are just what was missing from the 2007 releases.

Batman: Arkham Asylum... I don't care if it runs slow, or you can just mouse-click rapidly without effort through the battles. It's got Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil. It's like getting more of the animated series... That makes me so damn happy.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Played the opening of Red Faction: Guerilla last night.... EVERY GAME NEEDS TO HAVE THE SAME DESTRUCTIBLE BUILDINGS SYSTEM RIGHT NOW... that thing is seriously ill son.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Just beat Uncharted and cripes, that game was an exercise in frustration. Most especially the final boss.

"Hey player! Remember how we taught you to dodge laser sights that saved your hide through most of the game? Well, SCREW that noise! Even if the final boss isn't even aiming at you, he's going to fill you with lead. Oh, and you have no weapons, so you have to duck and dodge behind stuff to get close. And then it's two quick time events to end it! Doesn't that sound like FUN?!"

Fuck that shit. This is almost enough to turn me off of the sequel, though I've heard it's a hell of a lot better.

Espy

Espy

Bioshock 2 and GOW 3.

I am enjoying BOTH immensely. Although I'm getting my ass kicked in BS2 right now.

Zappit

Zappit

Soulsilver.

Yes, it is a game I played 10 years ago - for me, that is actually quite good. I remember discovering the data loss of aught' eight, which saw the near-extinction of Gold and Silver files. Enjoying it so far.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Have you messed with the Pokewalker at all? I do a 2-mile walk in my commute, so this thing kicks ass for getting extra captures, items, and levels.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Civ IV Beyond the Sword, week 7 of a massive game of total destructiohn

Zappit

Zappit

Have you messed with the Pokewalker at all? I do a 2-mile walk in my commute, so this thing kicks ass for getting extra captures, items, and levels.
Not yet - just got started yesterday - I'll probably mess around with it later. Is it noisy at all, or something you can up your step count on the sligh?

Bowielee

Bowielee

FYI, it's already been discovered that you can simply twirl the thing around and gain stuff faster than walking with it.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

FYI, it's already been discovered that you can simply twirl the thing around and gain stuff faster than walking with it.
So what... you can attach it to your ceiling fan and come back later for the win?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Apparently, but that's like playing DDR with your hands. What's the point?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Not yet - just got started yesterday - I'll probably mess around with it later. Is it noisy at all, or something you can up your step count on the sligh?[/QUOTE]

You can silence it.

As for slinging it around, that sounds like a lot more work than carrying it in your pocket while just walking. Steps earn you watts; watts can be loaded into the DS cart to unlock new courses, or used in the Pokewalker itself while you have a Pokemon inside to catch new Pokemon or find items, which change based on which course your Pokemon is walking on.

Getting level ups seems a little slow though. Not sure if it actually matters what level a Pokemon is on, but my 2 miles seems to only get one level up regardless. Probably not the best way to level though, since it might learn moves you didn't want it to.

I don't think they took into account Pokemon species when having messages come up when one comes back from a stroll. I had my Onix in the Pokewalker, put it back. He was so excited "he wanted to jump on your back". This is a two-ton snake made of rocks, not some Pikachu.

Now we have the fun line "Is that an Onix in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"