What are you playing?

I have too many steam games. I'm going to play each one until I get bored or finish. So far, I found boring:
  • 12 is Better than 6
  • 60 Seconds!
  • 7 Days to Die
  • 7 Grand Steps
  • 80 Days
  • Acceleration of SUGURI 2
  • Agony
  • Ai War
  • Alter Ego
  • American Truck Simulator
  • Anti - Opoly
  • Aragami
Also, I found out that I can't play first person horror games. They are too scary. I can play third person ones.

I'm going to keep trying the games at least another week and then probably will try to read at least some the comics that I downloaded and I've never read.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have too many steam games. I'm going to play each one until I get bored or finish. So far, I found boring:
  • 12 is Better than 6
  • 60 Seconds!
  • 7 Days to Die
  • 7 Grand Steps
  • 80 Days
  • Acceleration of SUGURI 2
  • Agony
  • Ai War
  • Alter Ego
  • American Truck Simulator
  • Anti - Opoly
  • Aragami
Also, I found out that I can't play first person horror games. They are too scary. I can play third person ones.

I'm going to keep trying the games at least another week and then probably will try to read at least some the comics that I downloaded and I've never read.

So I think I have to be done with Subnautica for a while. I love the environment and mechanics, but someone who has an hour or two at best to play games a week can't make any real progress. Even with developer cheats on I feel like I enjoy an hour of puttering around in the ocean but feel like I've accomplished nothing.

I need to move on to a story driven, "here's your mission get it done" type thing for a while. I bet money I come back to Subnautica in the summer though, when I'm not helping kids pass school and my wife paint an entire house and replace every single fixture in it.

I'm the same with 1st person horror games. Tried playing Alien Isolation and Outlast at one time, but they gave me a major case of The Nopes.
I've wasted a pipe bomb or molly more than once in Alien just because I -thought- I heard something and went "nope" and just YOLO'ed it. Thankfully, Alien Isolation accounts for this.

I'm the same with 1st person horror games. Tried playing Alien Isolation and Outlast at one time, but they gave me a major case of The Nopes.
I normally hate first person horror for the same reason, but I fucking loved Resident Evil 7. I felt the horror parts were very well paced, and when I have more time I will write in detail why I think it works so much better than amnesia or outlast

Dave

Staff member
Okay, so you Beat Saber people, do you have any mods installed? Check out this thread on Reddit. It talks about mods that can pull in more music from places like Spotify.

GasBandit

Staff member
Okay, so you Beat Saber people, do you have any mods installed? Check out this thread on Reddit. It talks about mods that can pull in more music from places like Spotify.
Yeah. I've got the mod manager/installer downloadable in my avatar folder on my website, it lets you just checkmark all the stuff you want, then downloads and installs it for you.

http://gasbanditry.com/HFA2/ and then click Beat Saber Avatars, it's in there.

There's a whole bunch of mods in there, I'm using more than I can remember off the top of my head.. I know I've got the fitness/calorie counter mod, the enhanced twitch chat mod, of course the custom avatars and the song downloader and all that stuff... I forget what else.

I used a sick day to load and begin Dues Ex Mankind Divided. I've never played one before, but it's much more something I can deal with right now. Go here. Deal with this thing. Move on. Here, we'll put a little icon where you're trying to get to. Chop chop.

Dave

Staff member
Holy shit. The updated media links does Reddit threads now? (I just updated it to the latest & greatest this morning to see if they fixed Imgur.)

GasBandit

Staff member
Holy shit. The updated media links does Reddit threads now? (I just updated it to the latest & greatest this morning to see if they fixed Imgur.)
The problems with the imgur imbeds is usually not with the media plugin. It's usually in Imgur's backend, and that can't be helped.

But at any rate, yeah, it's been embedding reddit posts from urls for quite a while now.

Dave

Staff member
Geez. The second one you missed one note & lost?!? Damn. ALL levels you miss one and you're done?!? That's insane!

GasBandit

Staff member
Geez. The second one you missed one note & lost?!? Damn. ALL levels you miss one and you're done?!? That's insane!
She's got it set to insta-fail... any time she EVER misses a single block, instant game over.

I do that too, when I'm trying to get a perfect run on video, so that I don't have to waste time starting over.

I would be rage-quitting. Like, a lot.
I full combo'ed this song yesterday when I wasn't recording, and damn it I will do it again.

(And like Gas said, you don't usually insta fail. It's an option you can turn on. You can also turn on an option to never fail :p)

Finished a few games since the holidays.

AC Odyssey was pretty solid; loved Greece and Kassandra.

Thronebreaker was GREAT minus the Gwent battles, I thought it changed too much from the Witcher game. Storyline was sooo nice. Love the decisions really impacting it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Beat Saber multiplayer is glitch AF, but I can't blame that for Dei absolutely destroying me in it. She routinely got double to triple my scores.

So, I just finished God of War on PS4. That game is good. Never thought I would like Kratos in a game. The chemistry between Christopher Judge and the kid who played Atreus was excellent. I wasn't feeling the combat early on in the game, but it eventually clicked and I got to enjoy one of the best action games I've ever played through. I have a couple of complaints mainly Mimir's Scottish accent and the grinding of the two optional areas for the materials to upgrade the game's best stuff. That grind did not feel necessary at all.

The Infinity Gauntlet easter egg was cute.

The PS4 exclusives are fucking killer man.

I was saddened by the game not even giving you a hint of Thor or Odin in person though and though Atreus' true identity was a cute little twist[/spoier]

Onto RE2RE

GasBandit

Staff member
War Thunder in VR is pretty goddamn sweet. Though, if you're not careful (and you play in any mode that doesn't draw the cockpit around you as if you were literally sitting in the pilot's seat), vertigo will make you its bitch.