What are you playing?

Winding down on Saints Row 2 (finishing up all the activities, one gang left, collecting misc goodies) and still playing WoW/TF2 pretty frequently.

After SR2, I'm probably going to pick up Dragon Age: Origins and when L4D2 comes out I'll probably be subbing my TF2 time to that.

Winding down on Saints Row 2 (finishing up all the activities, one gang left, collecting misc goodies) and still playing WoW/TF2 pretty frequently.

After SR2, I'm probably going to pick up Dragon Age: Origins and when L4D2 comes out I'll probably be subbing my TF2 time to that.
You want an invite to the Hal4um group?

I've been playing Chrono Trigger for the SNES and remembered why it's in my Holy Trinity for SNES RPGs.

I was kinda wondering what people thought about L4D, mostly people who had played other Valve team shooters like TF2.

Is it worth checking out? Or should I wait for L4D2 before trying it?

Both are worth it, personally I think L4D2 is a more complete experience and had a longer life span ahead of it. L4D1 I would recommend for the campaign modes and a few of the downloadable mods/content players released.

I waited so long to jump on the bandwagon because I really think the characters should have a little differentiation, like in TF2...

But Valve has never disappointed me and everyone seems to love this game.

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll pick up L4D2. Hopefully some of y'all won't mind playing with a total noob. :)

The differentiation comes from the people you play with more than in any game, instead of the attributes of the characters themselves. Though I do admit, I wish some had better skills than others to make them a bit different.

figmentPez

Staff member
Is it worth checking out? Or should I wait for L4D2 before trying it?
Play the L4D2 demo while you can.

What's been rumored, and sometimes outright stated by Valve, is that L4D2 will have all the L4D campaigns included with it. It's still not sure if that will happen, but at the very least all the fan-made maps for L4D will work on L4D2 as well.

Hehe thanks. I was really looking for answers since between my midterms, The Sims 3 and Chrono Trigger, I really just wanna shoot some shit in the face.

J

JONJONAUG

Playing Ouendan 2, at the very last song on the hardest difficulty.

This song is bullshit. I can hit every marker with 300s all around, but those spinners in the third part keep fucking me over. If I somehow do spin them enough, my hands are so out of whack that I can't go back to hitting markers.

;_;

This song is bullshit. I can hit every marker with 300s all around, but those spinners in the third part keep fucking me over. If I somehow do spin them enough, my hands are so out of whack that I can't go back to hitting markers.

;_;
I pulled a muscle in my forearm playing Elite Beat Agents on Hard last night. Those games are brutal.

As can probably be guessed, I've been playing a whole lot of dragon age.

I even got all of the DLC.

On dialup.

That's dedication, my friends.

I waited so long to jump on the bandwagon because I really think the characters should have a little differentiation, like in TF2...

But Valve has never disappointed me and everyone seems to love this game.

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll pick up L4D2. Hopefully some of y'all won't mind playing with a total noob. :)
Me and Jay play, so you won't be lonesome.

I'm not a noob, but the demo's gears aren't perfect and make me feel like one at times. Or maybe I'm twitchy--I should play some campaign in L4D to hone my skills a little.

J

JONJONAUG

;_;
I pulled a muscle in my forearm playing Elite Beat Agents on Hard last night. Those games are brutal.[/QUOTE]

I just beat Ouendan 2 a couple hours ago.

I am very proud of myself, but now I have blisters all over my right hand.

T

TotalFusionOne

I've never finished a single JRPG.

Period.

I kinda wanna load up Chrono Trigger now.

figmentPez

Staff member
It dawned in me that I could install World of Goo on my netbook, so I've finally gotten back to playing that. It runs great, and the game is a lot of fun. I'm only in world 3, though.

I tried playing Trackmania United Forever on Gametap, but couldn't get it to run. Apparently it's got issues with Vista or something. I'd grumble, but I'm not a huge racing game fan, I was just looking for a change of pace. Instead I went with Overlord, and I'm having fun. I can't shake the feeling that I've played the game before, though. Parts of it remind me of American McGee's Alice (and to a lesser extent Grimm), other parts remind me of Giants, but there's more I just can't put my finger on. It's fun so far, but not amazing. Nothing to make me regret not buying the sequel on-sale this past weekend.

J

Joe Johnson

CoD:MW2 - multiplayer. Pretty cool. There are so many options now for perks/ect, it's turning into a frickin' RPG.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I owned it years ago, but my friends finally picked it up, so we've been having fun with that.

I may go back and FINALLY finish Assassin's Creed.

Persona 3: FES, "The Answer"

After that, either Persona 4 or going back to FFXII.
Go for P4. It be awesome.[/QUOTE]

It does look pretty good.

I have a hard time finishing FF games. There's that section just before the end where you're supposed to do most of the sidequests, you can travel anywhere, and there's a huge unexpected difficultly jump or some ridiculous task you have to do get the the best gear before the end? Well, that's where I never get past.

Except FF8. I don't think I've made it past the first disc on that one.

O

Olorin

Super Paper Mario. Pretty easy and not as good as the Thousand-Year Door, but still very enjoyable.
Also played some Wiiware demos yesterday (yay finally!)

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm playing The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, and I must say I'm disappointed. The art and voice acting are good, but not great. In fact, quite a few of the voice lines seem to be lacking appropriate emotion, and the delivery falls flat. I guess that's mainly so much of the rest is excellent.

The other problem I'm having is that the interface is wonky. The hit boxes for clicking don't line up with the graphics on-screen, which is just plain pathetic. It makes navigating the inventory a chore. Also, there's no way to skip dialog that I can find.

Overall, it's nice to have the voice acting added to the game, but I was really expecting more polish on this game. Shame on you Lucas Arts!

Since my breakaway from WoW I'm playing:

and just finished

I'm going to finish Jeanne and buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy series to dive into next.

My online time is pretty much devoted to L4D2 at this point, but sadly this temporary system plays it like ass.

Maybe I'll pick up Oblivion again. I'd like to finish it eventually.
I like Oblivion because of how pretty it is, but for some reason I really have an urge to play Morrowind again. I just didn't get into Oblivion the way I did Morrowind.

Maybe I'll pick up Oblivion again. I'd like to finish it eventually.
I like Oblivion because of how pretty it is, but for some reason I really have an urge to play Morrowind again. I just didn't get into Oblivion the way I did Morrowind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Morrowind was so alien and interesting. Oblivion was incredibly generic in comparison.

I'm still dick-deep in Dragon Age.

R

RocketGirl

I don't seem to have a lot of time for games these days; most of my free time is taken up working on my webcomic or my YouTube vids.

But when I play games--maybe during a render or something--they tend to be something short and simple, like puzzle games and stuff. Been playing a lot of Bubblets (aka Jawbreaker), for example.

But, I freely admit that--much as I was REALLY disappointed with it--I've put Spore back on my machine. That game had so much potential before the upheaval in the development team, turning it from this really interesting game about science, evolution, and cosmology into a craptacular-but-pretty collection/mission game. *psigh* Alas.
But, yeah, it's back on my machine again...what can I say? I was bored, I'm broke, I needed SOMEthing to keep me from another game of Freecell!

Borderlands, which is awesome as hell.

Finally got to Arkham Asylum, too. It's great so far, I really feel like a badass in the fights and scaring the shit out of other thugs by leaving bodies and hanging baddies is awesome.

Persona 4. I've barely done anything and it doesn't feel as smooth as Persona 3 did, but at the same time it feels a bit more immersive. I'm liking it so far.