[Thread Game] What song was #1 the day you were born?

Given the average age of folks around here, I'm not really surprised with all the disco, funk, soul, etc[...]

But jesus christ some of these answers make me feel old. I seriously didn't know that CheckeredHat is a wee little baby.
I'm 28. I think I was like 15 when I joined back in the image forum days.

One up on everyone:

(I'll have to fix when I get on my PC.)

The song that was being recorded the day I was born.

And now... Birth to age 10!

"The Letter" (The Box Tops)
"Hey Jude" (The Beatles)
"Sugar, Sugar" (The Archies)
"Cracklin' Rosie" (Neil Diamond)
"Maggie May" (Rod Stewart)
"Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me" (Mac Davis)
"Half-Breed" (Cher)
"I Honestly Love You" (Olivia Newton-John)
"Bad Blood" (Neil Sedaka)
"A Fifth of Beethoven" (Walter Murphy & His Big Apple Band)
"Star Wars Theme (Cantina Band)" (Meco)

EDIT: Nice to know that there"s a 10-youtube video limit to posts... And that I forgot to add the "?v=" back to the links. Should work now.

Last edited:
And now - Ages 11-23!
1978 - Kiss You All Over, Exile
1979 - Sad Eyes, Robert John
1980 - Another One Bites The Dust, Queen
1981 - Endless Love, Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
1982 - Jack and Diane, John Cougar (Mellencamp)
1983 - Total Eclipse of the Heart, Bonnie Tyler
1984 - Let's Go Crazy, Prince (Yep, I found one.)
1985 - Oh Sheila, Ready For The World
1986 - When I Think Of You, Janet Jackson
1987 - Here I Go Again, Whitesnake
1988 - Love Bites, Def Leppard
1989 - Miss You Much, Janet Jackson
1990 - Close to You, Maxi Priest

Oh, and by the way, the artist who has the most #1's on my birthday has still not appeared on this list.

Next to last one: this time, 1991-2002:
1991 - Emotions, Mariah Carey (The lady with the most #1 songs on my birthday)
1992 - End of the Road, Boyz II Men
1993 - Dreamlover , Mariah Carey
1994 - I'll Make Love To You, Boyz II Men (This song spent 14 weeks atop the charts)
1995 - Fantasy, Mariah Carey (yet again)
1996 - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix), Los Del Rio (Ugh, I feel dirty linking this...)
1997 - Candle In The Wind 1997, Elton John
1998 - The First Night, Monica (Huh?)
1999 - Heartbreaker, Mariah Carey feat. Jay-Z (I think this was right after MC and Jay-Z had broken up...)
2000 - Music, Madonna
2001 - Fallin', Alicia Keys (Second time the song had appeared on the charts that year)
2002 - A Moment Like This, Kelly Clarkson (Yes, her very first Idol song)

Submitted Without Comment - 2003-2014:
2003 - Baby Boy, Beyonce feat. Sean Paul (See 2005)
2004 - Goodies, Ciara feat. Petey Pablo (WHO?)
2005 - Gold Digger, Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx

"I'm happy for ya, and Imma let you finish, but Taylor Swift didn't appear ONE #### TIME on this list."

2006 - SexyBack, Justin Timberlake (The video is from the version with Timbaland)
2007 - Crank That (Soulja Boy), Soulja Boy Tell'em (I hate this song with a passion. There's a reason.)
2008 - Whatever You Like, T.I.
2009 - I Gotta Feeling, The Black Eyed Peas (14 weeks on the charts - and the group would spend two additional weeks on top of the charts after THAT.)
2010 - Just the Way You Are, Bruno Mars
2011 - Moves Like Jagger, Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
2012 - One More Night, Maroon 5 (It's amazing that they have more #1 songs on my birthday than The Beatles...)
2013 - Royals, Lorde
2014 - All About The Bass, Meghan Trainor

True, but I'm trying to find out what song would be the most "pants spontaneously drop"-cool, and neither of them is that awesome :p

True, but I'm trying to find out what song would be the most "pants spontaneously drop"-cool, and neither of them is that awesome :p
Eerrgghhhh... you got this idea stuck in my brain, and I just read through 7 different "50 Sexiest Songs of All Time". Not so much the Doc part, but what WOULD be considered THE "pants-drop cool" song. My conclusion is there isn't one universal answer; it depends on how it's used. Back in college, I was briefly seeing a guy who did a striptease* to Prince's "Kiss" for me. I can't properly describe the way he did it, but it was both hilarious and sexy. And so was the rest of our evening. :unibrow:

(*I should mention this wasn't out of left field, which would have been awkward and/or creepy. It was part of a joking conversation we had had prior to that evening.)