Whats for Dinner?

My friend and I went to KFC/Taco Bell for dinner tonight because we hate ourselves and our bodies.

I wanted to try that new FAMOUS KFC chicken sandwich that they rolled out to compete with Popeye's. It's basically what the Big Crunch used to be before the shrunk that thing in half years and years ago. It wasn't very good. There was a big hunk of the keel cartilage under the breading that was very unappealing. I can't tell if it was incompetence or if shit like that is on purpose to replicate a more homie feeling where mistakes are made. Either way, gross. Like every time I eat KFC, I feel bad, both emotionally and physically. My friend claims it made him sick, but he also had a fries supreme, 2 Doritos el Loco tacos grande gordita supreme or whatever the fuck those are called and a large Baja Blast, so I'm guessing it's not JUST the sandwich that's doing him in.

TL;DR: KFC Famous sandwich is inferior to the Popeye's chicken sandwich.

My friend and I went to KFC/Taco Bell for dinner tonight because we hate ourselves and our bodies.

I wanted to try that new FAMOUS KFC chicken sandwich that they rolled out to compete with Popeye's. It's basically what the Big Crunch used to be before the shrunk that thing in half years and years ago. It wasn't very good. There was a big hunk of the keel cartilage under the breading that was very unappealing. I can't tell if it was incompetence or if shit like that is on purpose to replicate a more homie feeling where mistakes are made. Either way, gross. Like every time I eat KFC, I feel bad, both emotionally and physically. My friend claims it made him sick, but he also had a fries supreme, 2 Doritos el Loco tacos grande gordita supreme or whatever the fuck those are called and a large Baja Blast, so I'm guessing it's not JUST the sandwich that's doing him in.

TL;DR: KFC Famous sandwich is inferior to the Popeye's chicken sandwich.
KFC's been in decline for awhile. The sign to me that they were dead was when they switched from their amazing crispy potato wedges to inferior shoestring fries.

We've never had that stuff in Canada.

KFC is chicken, chicken sandwiches, popcorn chicken, fries, gravy and nuclear green coleslaw and that's about it.

Taco Bells, which often share the same stores as KFC, however, is every neon coloured monstrosity under the sun.

Shame on me, but I love the toxic green coleslaw. It’s nasty and awesome.

I also really love taco bell. They are happy to substitute refried beans for meat in tacos and they’re so good loaded in too much hot sauce.

TV dinner fried chicken breasts smothered in Lao Gan Ma. It was good, but a bit... lacking... in heat? Or maybe I was just expecting something Lao Gan Ma doesn't bring to the party.

I'm making tartiflette for my brother and his extremely France French fiance and mother to my first actual blood nephew. Apparently her mom makes it every Christmas so I have a lot to live up to. Going to my old school stomping grounds to get some good meaty uncut bacon and then to a specialty cheese store to get the roblochon cheese.

TV dinner fried chicken breasts smothered in Lao Gan Ma. It was good, but a bit... lacking... in heat? Or maybe I was just expecting something Lao Gan Ma doesn't bring to the party.
Ever tried Buldak sauce? That's the stuff from the Fire Noodle challenge a few years back, apparently you can get it by the bottle.

I'm making tartiflette for my brother and his extremely France French fiance and mother to my first actual blood nephew. Apparently her mom makes it every Christmas so I have a lot to live up to. Going to my old school stomping grounds to get some good meaty uncut bacon and then to a specialty cheese store to get the roblochon cheese.
Take pics