[Contest] When will I get the COVID Vaccine?

Shot is in the arm. They had me sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes to watch for any reactions.

Only about 5% of the people were turning into zombies, but since they're currently vaccinating mostly the old and infirm, they were pretty easy to put down.

It's gonna take a while to get used to the holographic Clippy constantly in my field of view asking if he can help me with stuff. But I suppose I'll learn to live with it.
1613760542611.png

Last edited:
Looks like I'm elligible at the tail end of phase 2 of the vaccine rollout which is anywhere from July to August.

Alberta Government is doing a dogshit job getting people vaccinations.

Shot is in the arm. They had me sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes to watch for any reactions.

Only about 5% of the people were turning into zombies, but since they're currently vaccinating mostly the old and infirm, they were pretty easy to put down.

It's gonna take a while to get used to the holographic Clippy constantly in my field of view asking if he can help me with stuff. But I suppose I'll learn to live with it.
View attachment 37175
Enjoy this phase of Clippy while you can. Soon Clippy's gonna be asking you to help it with stuff. And then it won't be asking, it'll be ordering you to do things. And if you don't obey...

Well then, your file won't be saved.

The state has a web site for signing up for vaccinations. We're actually ahead of the curve on this one for a change. Got my registration in.

I've been told the Windows updates are a pain, and your arm can get stuck in a specific position for hours at a time if it crashes.
Pfft, you think that's a crash? Nah, that's the microchip taking over your arm, man! Then afterwards the chip's gonna take over the rest of your body, and then it'll turn you into a zombie that'll do whatever Micro$oft orders the chip to do! My pal Reggie got the shot, and then afterwards he kept doing the dance from Thriller! It was freaky man, mostly because he's a really bad dancer so it just looks like he's repeatedly trying and failing to take his pants off. Or maybe he's been trying to take his pants off, I dunno, it's certainly possible, Reggie does have several arrests on his record for public indecency. But the chip made him do it, man!

that's the microchip taking over your arm, man! Then afterwards the chip's gonna take over the rest of your body, and then it'll turn you into a zombie that'll do whatever Micro$oft orders the chip to do!
Did someone mistake Reggie for Tony Stark?

--Patrick

Got a text yesterday that I'm eligible to apply for the vaccine. I should probably call them tonight.

--Patrick
For the most part, Colorado doesn't give two shits about immunocompromised people. But if you have asthma or are old you get to jump the line. They also vaccinated K-12 teachers, but college professors are in the last category before genpop. Really, I'm wondering if the vaccine will be approved for under 16 before my daughter turns 16 in 10 months. I guess we'll see. There is a watchlist for open vaccine slots online for places that need to use extra before they close for the day, but I don't know that I have the patience to watch those, or drive multiple hours to get a shot. CO is also is *decent* shape, so I'm not super concerned considering I don't feel super compelled to really go anywhere.

I'm not at-risk. Like, at all.
However, every one of the other 4 people in my household are, so yeah, I guess I'll go and apply.

--Patrick

I didn't think I was going to get my shot until the summer, but when you're married to the guy scheduling shots for his company and there was a last-minute opening... stuff happens. The downside was the shot location was an hour and 1/2 away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can find a closer place to get my 2nd dose.

EDIT: @GasBandit ; since you asked, it was an 82 mile drive each way.

GasBandit

Staff member
I didn't think I was going to get my shot until the summer, but when you're married to the guy scheduling shots for his company and there was a last-minute opening... stuff happens. The downside was the shot location was an hour and 1/2 away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can find a closer place to get my 2nd dose.

EDIT: @GasBandit ; since you asked, it was an 82 mile drive each way.
Man, they really DID make you go all the way to the other end of the state.

The downside was the shot location was an hour and 1/2 away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can find a closer place to get my 2nd dose.
If it's anything like here, your second shot is 3 (or 4 for moderna) weeks to the exact 15 minute interval from the first at the exact same place, no exceptions.

If it's anything like here, your second shot is 3 (or 4 for moderna) weeks to the exact 15 minute interval from the first at the exact same place, no exceptions.
3 weeks, and it's actually an hour earlier, so I'm going to have to do that drive in rush hour traffic. :censored:

My parents have theirs scheduled on Thursday the 18th and on April 15th - at a Fry's supermarket pharmacy in Gilbert.

So at work we're going to start administering the vaccine through our pharmacy by appointment. Because there is a very short timed viability of the vaccine once the vial is opened, if anyone misses their appointment an employee can slide in and take the vaccine instead.

I'm going to take all of them. I'll be invincible