[Contest] When will I get the COVID Vaccine?

Still no shots at all for me, but the vaccine rollout in Canada hasn't been great. Both my parents are vaccinated, I THINK twice, but definitely once each.

But honestly, I'm not in any rush because I'm way down the list of important people who need it. I work from home, I barely go out anyway, I don't have any health risks and young enough to not be in a risk age group, and I'm the furtherst away from an "essential worker." That my parents get vaccinated takes much, much higher priority.

EDIT: Hmm, on the other hand, I see recommendations that people get vaccinated if they work or live with seniors. So maybe I should look into it, just in case.

Last edited:
Still no shots at all for me, but the vaccine rollout in Canada hasn't been great. Both my parents are vaccinated, I THINK twice, but definitely once each.

But honestly, I'm not in any rush because I'm way down the list of important people who need it. I work from home, I barely go out anyway, I don't have any health risks and young enough to not be in a risk age group, and I'm the furtherst away from an "essential worker." That my parents get vaccinated takes much, much higher priority.

EDIT: Hmm, on the other hand, I see recommendations that people get vaccinated if they work or live with seniors. So maybe I should look into it, just in case.
Do eet. just to be safer around your folks.

As of 10:43a EDT am now officially 2 pfor 2.

When I arrived, the person checking us in told me she was not confident that either of the two masks I was already wearing for work were “medical grade,“ (but they’re both rated N95) so she made me add one of theirs on top of the other two. Still had absolutely no trouble breathing, though. Weird.

—Patrick

I had no side effects for my vaccine. Just a sore arm. My brother told me he could barely move for a day his joints hurt so bad.

.000008% of people who have gotten the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have blood clots that probably aren't even related to it so we're just gonna shut it down.

.000008% of people who have gotten the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have blood clots that probably aren't even related to it so we're just gonna shut it down.
I don’t mind the over abundance of caution, but they need to focus more on how rare it is instead of feeding in to the “OH MY GOD I TOLD YOU IT WOULD KILL EVERYONE” bullshit.

Me and hubby got our J&J vaccine last tuesday. Because my hubby gets super stressed about ALL medical stuff, and sometimes has panic attacks, we both got the J&J vaccine. Since it's only one shot and done. Him having to wait a whole month and freak out about the second shot was just not going to work. I was considering getting a different one for me, because some of them seem to have a better efficacy %... maybe? Comparing different studies is hard. But decided that it would be best to keep thing simple or he might start over analyzing and stressing out over why I would get a different vaccine. We were able to book our appointment less than 24 hrs before and we were in and out of there in like 25 minutes. So very quick and easy and he did not have time to worry about it. I'm glad we managed to get it before it might get pulled because of a super low risk of blood clots.

Neither one of us (or his sisters) had any particularly bad reaction to our shots. I had a sore arm/shoulder for 6 days with a mild pink rash. Hubby also had a sore arm and felt a bit disoriented the day after. But that may have just been a shock and relief reaction to getting it done and not have to worry about it anymore. He is very happy and proud about getting it done, telling everyone. If he has seen any of the blood clot news he hasn't mentioned it.

I’d take it, but because J&J is a single shot, it’s the shot of choice for the homeless, low income, and people unable to make regular trips to the doctor. Which means if there are side effects, those people probably won’t see a doctor. These are also the people who already have a low trust of vaccines due to historically being the test subjects. Which is why I’m ok with holding off on it until they know more. Once trust is lost in a vaccine, it’s hard to get back.

Had chills later on last night, plus a nasty headache. Took aspirin and felt better. Still pain and pressure behind my eyes, but nothing like before.