[Contest] When will I get the COVID Vaccine?

Pfizer #2 this morning. Achey all over and tired, but no worse than a flu shot so far.
Lost the entirety of Saturday to fever, chills, sweats, and pretty debilitating pain. Still kinda headachey and slow today, though not enough to skip (a likely pathetic attempt at) exercise.

My brother had the same deal when he had his Pfizer #2 a few months ago (hospital/ER physician). On the bright side he says an outsize reaction seems associated with a higher antibody counts later on (they test them at his hospital, apparently), so yay?

Also, looks like 12-15s will be next week, so time to get the last family member taken care of.
This is the big one for me. My 14 year old son and I have asthma, so I've been worried about how bad it will get when we catch this. Getting him vaxxed will take a huge load off of my mind.

I had a really sore arm yesterday, but I don't think I've had any other ill effects. I'm a little stuffy, but that is pretty much a constant state of being for me anyways, so I don't think it's from the shot.

This patent waiver shit reminds me why we need to divest profit from our health system ASAP.

All the pharmaceutical companies making the vaccines were getting huge gains on Wall Street, until Biden announced a patent waiver so other countries can have easier access to the vaccines. The share price for every single one of the companies that make the vaccine immediately tanked. Does any of this feel right to you guys? It was bad enough investors were flocking to those shares to make a dollar off the pandemic, but it's even more annoying that once the profit gains were stalled by opening up the vaccines for the betterment of the world, all the profit hounds started jumping ship. I swear, this shit makes me so angry.

This patent waiver shit reminds me why we need to divest profit from our health system ASAP.

All the pharmaceutical companies making the vaccines were getting huge gains on Wall Street, until Biden announced a patent waiver so other countries can have easier access to the vaccines. The share price for every single one of the companies that make the vaccine immediately tanked. Does any of this feel right to you guys? It was bad enough investors were flocking to those shares to make a dollar off the pandemic, but it's even more annoying that once the profit gains were stalled by opening up the vaccines for the betterment of the world, all the profit hounds started jumping ship. I swear, this shit makes me so angry.
If you actually look at the market, the crashing thing is a load of BS anyways.

Does any of this feel right to you guys?
No.

And this sort of thing has already been the subject of plenty of sci-fi (and other) stories. "We've discovered the cure, but we will keep it to ourselves and only distribute it to the favored few. *CRASH* Oh no! It's Dr. Protagonist and his crew!" "You villains! That cure belongs to everyone!" <scuffle ensues>

--Patrick

As an update, my son and I didn't really have any side effects from shot 2. Even my arm hurt for less time, even though it hurt more initially. My husband pretty much slept away 36 hours, except for taking my daughter to school on Wednesday morning. My dad got his shot a few hours after us, and he said he got feverish and chills and still feels terrible. My husband also planned ahead and took yesterday off, my dad has still been going to work.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ḯ̷̧͕̥̱̱̙̤̣͕͑͐͋̄ ̶̨̢̰̦͚̯̟̥̱͔̭̾͊a̴̳͌̈́̍̀͋̉̅͒̀̎̏̿̌̑̈́̕͝͠m̴̨̡͍̲̯̤̩̲̙͇͎̝͕̺͈͙̣͔̦̣̐́͒̈́͋̉̓̏͛̈́̽͂ ̵̻̼̣͙͍̘̻͍̙̰͚̹͇̤͉̤̤̤͈̥̞̲̅̉̅͒̒̊̽͘i̸̢̨̧̢̖͍̭̦̹̭͚̲͉͇̣̲͔̫̙͌̅̅́̈́͂̄̆̓̿̕m̶̡̨͙̲͚̻͇̳̖͓̼͖̦͈̗͎̲̪̘̥̳̼̃͆̓̒̊͗̐̎̌ͅm̸͉̫̺̼̭̫̙̝̱̻̹̫͚̰͚̞͎̪̙͌́̆̌͌̍̑̅̆̿̈͛̋̌̑͒̔͐̋͜͝͝ͅų̷̢͔̭͎͕̫̘̥̞̯͍͍͔͙̔̋̾͐͊̈̔̂̂ṉ̴̱̜͍͉̰͍̥̭̥̫̲͍̪͌̍̈́̉̓̔͑͠e̴̛͇͔͍̗̩̺͓͔̞̮̥̺̮̺͔̩͔͍͗̇̑̉̆͆̋̅̆̐͗́̎́̑́̒͘̚͜͝͠͝