Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Asked out a female friend.
Got rejected.
Like a boss?

At least she didn't tell me "you'll find the right girl some day." I irrationally hate that phrase so much for some reason.
Shoulda dropped trou and asked, "So, how about it?"

Also, did you remember to MAN THE FUCK UP?

-31F (-35C); feels like -51F (-46C).

It's too cold even for the frost giants. I'm inviting them in for tea.

Weather report says it should be broken up by now. Traffic cams are saying the same. Hopefully they can move out soon. :)

Also, the air port location has always been baffling to me. Its between to harbours. The fog can sweep in at both directions and the east end is NOTORIOUS for the fog it gets.

I know... I was just thinking that myself LittleSin... why not build the airport further inland where it won't get mauled by fog all the time?

Unfortunately it was the last flight out and the plane was diverted back to Halifax... so she's stuck now... :(

The Gander air port is further in land but three hours out of town. Flights are hardly ever delayed from there. I'm actually having trouble thinking of another place they could have built the airport...the other flat lands that are near town are windy as shit.

Perhaps that was the best place.

M

makare

a zip code does not equal an address!!

my god!

*head desk*
*head desk*
*head desk*

In Finland we are currently undergoing our presidential election. The first round has just finished, and the two leading candidates will face off in the second round with the winner being elected. Both of the two candidates have somewhat controversial spouses.

The leading candidate who is nearly certain to win is married to a woman almost 30 years his junior. She is well educated, well-spoken, and rather presentable, and might make for a very good First Lady if someone were to tack 20 or so extra years on her.

The second candidate is a 53-year-old open homosexual who is living in a registered partnership with a 33-year-old equadorian hairdresser named Antonio.

No matter which way things turn out, this might prove... interesting.

Cajungal

Staff member
Oy... "Diva," "Goddess," "Real Woman." So sick of this crap. We're simply larger women. No need to sugar coat it; not everyone's ego is that fucking frail. Can I buy a size 12 something-or-other without a company telling me "It's okay, you're more of a real women than those skinny bitches!" I'm ok with the fact that we're different sizes. Somehow I get by knowing that I can't squeeze into a size 4. I don't need people to validate my size by talking about Marilyn Monroe. And while we're at it, not every thin woman lives on water and parsley, for Chrissake.

My oldest friend cannot... CANNOT... get above 100 pounds. She's been trying for years, and every time she gets sick, she just ends up looking more frail. People make stupid comments about being jealous of her and accuse her of not eating, then they turn around and make themselves feel better by using these dumbass terms put forth by companies who want to butter us up and loosen our grip on the old credit card.

In all honesty, I've been there. I'm guilty of all that garbage. I remember being so insecure that I couldn't feel pretty unless I tried to make thin women feel less attractive. That's a stupid thing for any person to do, and now when I see or hear it happening, it just drives me nuts.

fade

Staff member
Yes. I agree totally. Offending thin women is not the right way to feel better about being a larger woman.

i feel for women, most men who are not in physical professions only need to stay within a "healthy" weight. as a academic the only reason i would worry about being in good shape is to attract a girl. otherwise as long as I am healthy I dont care if I am a little overweight.

M

makare

I always thought the "real women" thing was more a reaction to models in ads not average women of any size. Of course it is a marketing thing I don't care about that at all.

I do hate vanity sizes though. I want uniform sizes that I actually am. I don't need them to try and make me feel better about being fat. I need pants that fit. Assholes. God that pisses me off.

I don't care what other people look like Ive never felt any kind of hostility towards thinner women or anything. Mostly because I don't have any issues with being fat.

I love it when those "real women" come up to me in any store I'm in looking/trying on clothes....

"Oh that's a nice dress, would never fit me... you're so lucky." proceeded by the meanest looks and dripping every word with sarcasm.

Excuse me? Lucky? I have Hypo-Thyroid, it's 10x harder for me NOT to put on weight and 10x harder for me to lose it. Luck has nothing to do with my diet and exercise strict lifestyle just to MAINTAIN my current bodytype. Wtf is your excuse? Maybe it's that g'damn Cinnabon you're carrying around and eating like an apple....

* No offence obviously meant to anyone in this thread as they are obviously not that type of person.

I earned every single one of these extra pounds that I carry, and I maintain them through a steady exercise regime of X-Box and Patrolling.

Haters gonna hate...

M

makare

since i park closer to class and i spend at least 5 hours a day sitting on my ass i cant even walk the block to class without getting winded. Small changes in my day really affect that.

fade

Staff member
Shegokigo, I hate that, too. I'm in shape. I didn't get in shape by "luck", so I really don't like being told I'm lucky. I'm not lucky--I eat right and I exercise.

I'm lucky and have always been thin. I feel for those of you who have to work so hard for what i get just through genetics.

My maternal grandmother described my family as being "good peasant stock," - meaning we're solidly built. Even when I was at my lightest adult weight (195, fresh off Parris Island), I was still borderline for Marine Corps height/weight standards. Dense bones, or somesuch.

It's what I tell myself as I weep brokenly into a pint of Ben and Jerry's...